Thoughts on Ezra Miller being cast as Flash?

• 92 results
MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By MatthewParker

Ladies and Gentlemen our DCCU Flash!

Thoughts? I've never seen him act, but judging solely on looks, i don't know if i like this casting. Also has it been announced which Flash he'll be playing? If not which Flash would you want him to play?

One of the first pics you see when you google Ezra Miller
One of the first pics you see when you google Ezra Miller

Click to see a more normal picture, lol.

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

He has a very punchable face. He looks like he's thinking about how awesome he is in the picture on the right. Still, I'm fine with it, he was good in We need to talk about Kevin.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I've checked out some clips from the films he has been in. He's a really good actor, but he's mainly been in 'indie' movies. Obviously the hair needs to be cut and dyed at least a little lighter. If you look at his actual face though, I can see him in the role. It seems like he's a pretty funny guy, so we might be getting a funny Flash (pls).

I want Barry, but I won't be too upset if it's Wally.

As for how I feel about the casting? Cautiously optimistic. But that's how I feel about every casting because I think everyone deserves a chance c:

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All I know is that @thetruebarryallen absolutely LOVES this decision, so it must be good. I call it Barrying.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure he'll look like the flash when the costume, make up, hair, physical trainer and etc... get to work on him

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not worse than Eisenberg.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

All I know is that @thetruebarryallen absolutely LOVES this decision, so it must be good. I call it Barrying.

He won't shut up about how much he loves it on the PM

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@_mongul said:

Still not worse than Eisenberg.

Sad, but true. There was something that Not-Heisenberg said, he said that the script is so good and Lex was so well written that he would do it for free. That's given me a sliver of hope I guess :/

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is an incredible actor, i just think he got casted in the wrong role.

To be honest, if they wanted a young Lex Luthor he is a better choice, he stomped in screen Emma Watson and Logan Lerman and keep an acting duel with Tilda Swinton.

Besides he has more charisma and screen presence that Eisenberg.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

why couldn't they use the guy from the show??

marvel is able to synch up their movies with agents of shield , why cant DC do the same ?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, a gay cowboy made a great joker, so I'll wait and see.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@arturocalakayvee said:

He won't shut up about how much he loves it on the PM

I hate you two so much - so much that I don't actually hate you.

Anyways - to get my two cents out. Ezra is a decent actor who just doesn't fit this role - it's like me getting cast as an intimidating prison inmate, it just doesn't work.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Mongul

@saint_wildcard: Eisenberg is literally the only thing about BvS that I'm concerned about. I got over hating Ben, Cavill is awesome as Supes, Gadot is manageable.

But Eisenberg? Shit, man... They got the least physically imposing and intimidating person to play the most confident and intimidating person in the DCU.

If he does that fast-talking nerd garbage he does in every other movie, it will ruin BvS for me.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zaied

A surprisingly good choice to me. Young guy with good acting ability and can hold his own on the screen.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

@saint_wildcard: Eisenberg is literally the only thing about BvS that I'm concerned about. I got over hating Ben, Cavill is awesome as Supes, Gadot is manageable.

But Eisenberg? Shit, man... They got the least physically imposing and intimidating person to play the most confident and intimidating person in the DCU.

If he does that fast-talking nerd garbage he does in every other movie, it will ruin BvS for me.

Dont say this, @eyedcyou loves him and will attack any person that notice he is always playing himself, even when he is playing good twin and evil twin.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He better workout for the role. I can deal with them making Grant Gustin Flash skinny, he at least looks like Barry. This guy looks nothing like Barry and is definitely not in shape (has typical hipster look, do some f*cking squats dude).

Just because Flash is a runner doesn't mean he should be a shrimp. The guy has unbelievable fast twitch muscle fibers and would probably have decent size on himself.

Rant Over. I do hear that the guy is a great actor which is what really matters. This does dash my dreams of Aaron Paul as Flash...

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I wouldn't attack them :c I've accepted the fact now that people don't like the choice.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

No. Just no.

Beata

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Lmao. This is true enough.

Although, Ledger was just a damn good actor. I've never seen Ezra, so I can't speak if he'll be good or bad.

But I HAVE seen Jesse Eisenberg, and nothing will EVER convince me that he was a good choice for Lex Luthor.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Eh, I guess I could see it

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cloakx14

he looks like he would make a better wally west or Bart Allen then barry. i'd rather see Donald Glover for wally west.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a good actor, possibly oscar quality......soooooo yeah, I dig it. Flash, whichever version they choose to go with, isn't really a role where the actor makes or breaks the character. As long as he dyes his hair and puts on some pounds, he should be fine.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't care what he looks like. The guy can act, some of you guys wanted Chris Pine as The Flash. Pine doesn't have range. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is this just the plan across the board? Are we going to go strictly with acting ability and completely ignore whether or not they physically fit the role? I thought Cavill was a great choice. He's a good enough actor with the look and build to play Supes (and his height is decent considering he's 6'1" and Superman is supposed to be 6'3"). I'm also okay with Gal Gadot. What happened with everyone else? I don't think Amy Adams was the right choice for Lois Lane. Until proven otherwise, Affleck can play a decent Bruce Wayne, as in suit and tie public figure, but not Bats. I still think that should of been Scott Adkins (aka Yuri Boyka) who is younger, in excellent shape, and knows martial arts, something I still want to see more from with live-action Batman. His height is the biggest problem since he's 5'10", but they could've worked around it (the guy that played Bane is shorter than Christian Bale). The 5'7" Jesse Eisenberg is somehow going to play the intimidating Lex Luthor. Now you're telling me Ezra Miller is Flash!? I'm trying to be optimistic about this movie, but I'm starting to lose faith.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care what he looks like. The guy can act, some of you guys wanted Chris Pine as The Flash. Pine doesn't have range. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Fan-castings rarely consider acting ability. More than a few users here swear Josh Duhamel is perfect for Hal Jordan. DC seems to be going with acting ability (for the most part) over looks or expected choices and I like it.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EyeDCyou

@johnny_blaze said:

Fan-castings rarely consider acting ability. More than a few users here swear Josh Duhamel is perfect for Hal Jordan. DC seems to be going with acting ability (for the most part) over looks or expected choices and I like it.

I'm with you there. I'm fine if the actors don't look exactly like their characters. If they can act, that's all that matters.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: The actors will bulk up. I mean, have you seen Chris Pratt before Guardians? These actors go on strict diet/workout regiments for months.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@eyedcyou: Agreed. Lol I'm so glad that fanboys have no say so when it comes to movies.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Agreed. Lol I'm so glad that fanboys have no say so when it comes to movies.

Movies would be terrible if we did.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal:

I agree about Amy Adams. She's a great actress, but she hasn't sold me on Lois yet. I'm still annoyed she didn't dye her hair at least a bit. However, whether an actor is physically right for the role should be one of the last concerns. Of course you shouldn't cast a 5'8" actor to play Superman or Thor, but if muscle is the issue it can easily be dealt with.

Ezra Miller is 5'11 and skinny. He can easily put on 20-30 pounds to play Flash.

Ben is 6'4", 6'5" suited up so I don't know why you're complaining about his physicals. He also packed on massive muscles to his already large frame. Scott Adkins would've been a bad choice.

Jesse.....left-field choice given the fact that Lex should excel in all aspects of life, even fitness but I can see why DC chose an actor with a smaller frame.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By buttersdaman000

@eyedcyou said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@johnny_blaze said:

I'm with you there. I'm fine if the actors don't look exactly like their characters. If they can act, that's all that matters.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Um, no. I don't see it. He was really good in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I just can't see it. Then again, strange casting like this has become the norm for DC, so whatever. I can't bring myself to get worked up.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a good actor.

And although he's such an odd choice for Barry, he can hold his own film better than Gadot and Fisher.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As long as he's a good actor, I don't care.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JulieDC

Not feeling it, doesn't leave me wanting to see this movie. Completely opposite of how I felt when they hired Grant Gustin for the tv show. I didn't expect them to hire Gustin for the movie, but I guess I was hoping they'd hire someone like him. Based on the movies I've seen with Ezra Miller, he gives off more of a "dark" and "moody" vibe, rather than the wholesome and adorkable vibe that Gustin gives off.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is nobody talking about Jason Momoma being cast Aquaman?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: It was just rumors at that time though ;( I'm just a huge Aquaman fan

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zaied

@godzilla44: Because it's not a surprise considering Momoa has been connected to Aquaman for several months now.

A confirmation was basically what everyone was waiting on, and I think Momoa is a good choice for Aquaman.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

@godzilla44: Because it's not a surprise considering Momoa has been connected to Aquaman for several months now.

A confirmation was basically what everyone was waiting on, and I think Momoa is a good choice for Aquaman.

me too

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By godzilla44

@justthatkid: I think he's going to be heavily inspired on the New 52 Aquaman and that they'll probably call him Aquaman once in the movie, they'll just him Arthur

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The JL cast is very weird. I'll say that.

Cavill

Affleck

Gadot

then...

Miller

Momoa

Fisher

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I'm willing to give it a chance. Dying his hair would be a good start.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@eyedcyou said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@johnny_blaze said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal:

I agree about Amy Adams. She's a great actress, but she hasn't sold me on Lois yet. I'm still annoyed she didn't dye her hair at least a bit. However, whether an actor is physically right for the role should be one of the last concerns. Of course you shouldn't cast a 5'8" actor to play Superman or Thor, but if muscle is the issue it can easily be dealt with.

Ezra Miller is 5'11 and skinny. He can easily put on 20-30 pounds to play Flash.

Ben is 6'4", 6'5" suited up so I don't know why you're complaining about his physicals. He also packed on massive muscles to his already large frame. Scott Adkins would've been a bad choice.

Jesse.....left-field choice given the fact that Lex should excel in all aspects of life, even fitness but I can see why DC chose an actor with a smaller frame.

I'm not just talking about where they could be after training or bulking up. I'm saying there are people who can act and already look the part. There's a reason why nearly every casting choice has been questioned. If it was strictly about how well the person can act, no one would have questioned Heath Ledger and Anne Hathaway being cast as Joker and Catwoman respectively. Obviously they did very well in their roles, I'm just hoping the people they've cast in this movie will do equally as well. Miller really doesn't look like Flash, but to your point, maybe he will once he bulks up. I still think Adkins could've played him, but he doesn't have near the range that Affleck has (though I'd never heard of Cavill before MoS so who knows). I think Affleck is a bit tall in comparison to Cavill, but as I said, they can work around that. I think another issue is age. Affleck is already 42 and I don't think they'll want to stop after the eventual Justice League movie. Eisenberg...has the talent, but the other issues are kind of obvious.