Posted by Pyrogram (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

How much Willpower would Thor have compare somebody like Hal Jordan? If he was given a green ring? For example when Green Arrow used it he could barely even do 1 arrow.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea. I actualy made a thread once asking what lantern couloir thor would be...never really got a definitive answer.

#2 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not an expert on Thor, but it seems to me that he is always depicted as having a supreme will power... Often times he ends up in one of those situations where he's basicall...well, he's dead... in one of the realms of the dead and he has to fight his way out... some how... Hey, if Wolverine can do it, so can Thor... Anyway, it always seems to be the fact that he will not give up that wins out...

So... he does seem like a good candidate for a green lantern ring...

@Z3RO180 said:

No idea. I actualy made a thread once asking what lantern couloir thor would be...never really got a definitive answer.

Is there a "Beer" colored lantern?

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he'd be the ultimate embodiment of will power.

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm there is but they don't get a lot done

#5 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would have much higher will power in my opinion. His' mind isn't as 3rd dimensional as Hal's so he can wit his way through practically heaven and hell. Hal would have to be merged with the Parallax or Ion to utilize untapped will power.

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

he'd be a pink lantern - star sapphire

#7 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Half of the half.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

I'd say he'd be the ultimate embodiment of will power.

This, Thor has went so far, to sorta willing himself back to life, and no matter the odds he will fight.

@D3athstroke said:

Half of the half.

Why?

#9 Edited by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant
Because he was born as super God, Never ever had to train even for one day, He was never pushed beyond his abilities, It was always destiny bla bla bla reason for his wins.
He always had Odin to back him up and when Odin was dead and he fought Desir he asked help of his mother (pathetic).
He is naturally stronger than any Asgardian including his brothers and has extra abilities. For example his brother Balder can lift only 25 tons while Thor can lift around million, Balders special ability is weaker than flashlight while Thors lightning can destroy planets.

And even if he had willpower to use ring. How would he use it with his flat Brain ? Create Hummer and smash things ?
IMO Thor is not even worthy of Mjolnir
#10 Edited by Pyrogram (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke: Are you serious? Thor has been training everyday I will predict for at-least a thousand years maybe 10's of thousand..

He was never tested beyond? Wahahat! He fought a celestial for a whole issue while being battered and his hammer smashed and carried on, that is hell of willpower!

Seriously dude, go read a Thor comic.

He also willed himself back to life...

#11 Edited by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pyrogram
I have read every issue with Thor in it. I was big fan but lets admit it Marvels Thor is terrible character and most of the time is written by idiots.
And are you seriously calling whatever Thor had Training ? he was trained to use power he already had not to gain power and even despite him being trained by Gods he is far inferior to Hercules in H2H who is able to Fight sky father level beings without using chep magical Tricks which Thor is always forced to do.
He was training for at least Thousand years yet he is still far inferior in h2h to 90% of street levelers.
@Pyrogram
said:

He was never tested beyond? Wahahat! He fought a celestial for a whole issue while being battered and his hammer smashed and carried on, that is hell of willpower!.

Oooh uhh Daddys boy was forced to fight when his shiny toy was broken. He must heave insane willpower to not cry :| 
@Pyrogram said:

Are you talking about him killing Demogorge with help of incredible amount of Pis, Cis and retocns ?
#12 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. That didn't take long to bring some out of the woodwork.

Anyhoo --- I would say Thor has incredible willpower. Almost a no-brainer but based on some comments on here, guess not. Actually, it takes the lack of a brain to think otherwise.

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20050 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

@Pyrogram:
I have read every issue with Thor in it. I was big fan but lets admit it Marvels Thor is terrible character and most of the time is written by idiots.
And are you seriously calling whatever Thor had Training ? he was trained to use power he already had not to gain power and even despite him being trained by Gods he is far inferior to Hercules in H2H who is able to Fight sky father level beings without using chep magical Tricks which Thor is always forced to do.
He was training for at least Thousand years yet he is still far inferior in h2h to 90% of street levelers.

@Pyrogram said:

He was never tested beyond? Wahahat! He fought a celestial for a whole issue while being battered and his hammer smashed and carried on, that is hell of willpower!.

Oooh uhh Daddys boy was forced to fight when his shiny toy was broken. He must heave insane willpower to not cry :|

@Pyrogram said:

Are you talking about him killing Demogorge with help of incredible amount of Pis, Cis and retocns ?

this, you sir earn my follow

thor couldnt have a ring anyway because asgard isnt a space sector

#14 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Timandm there is but they don't get a lot done

I suspect the Beer colored lanterns don't really care about getting much done... LOL! um.. Where can i sign up to be a beer lantern?

@lykopis said:

Wow. That didn't take long to bring some out of the woodwork.

Anyhoo --- I would say Thor has incredible willpower. Almost a no-brainer but based on some comments on here, guess not. Actually, it takes the lack of a brain to think otherwise.

Hey, nice job of phrasing that so that the one's you're really talking about can't really tell. Very diplomatic! LOL!

#15 Posted by Pyrogram (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks to people who have contributed so far :)

#16 Posted by Pyrogram (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke: I seriously doubt you have read EVERY issue with Thor in it, your arguments clearly state the opposite.

#17 Posted by SC (12702 posts) - - Show Bio

Ambiguously strong will power, impressive for me when he actually had to experience being liquified after being cursed and also colliding with Midgard Serpent. Thats a level of pain most creatures can't really comprehend. To me that Thor doesn't have to train, but chose to, is what distinguishes him. Most people that don't chose that apply discretionary effort, which can be affect results of that effort. Also I have not only read everything ever, but I wrote everything ever too.

#18 Posted by Pyrogram (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: That is a hell of a good point with the liquefied thing *thumbs up*

#19 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pyrogram said:

@D3athstroke: I seriously doubt you have read EVERY issue with Thor in it, your arguments clearly state the opposite.

Well i did read every issue i got my hands on but you are right there might have been few i was unable to get.
@Pyrogram said:

Thor is god born with natural powers surpassing any other, had thousand years to build up his willpower yet he still calls his mother to help when he is in trouble.
Anyway call me when Thor will develop willpower to say his name without announcing who his Daddy is.
#20 Edited by Pyrogram (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke: A few hundred you have not read >.< Give me an instance when Thor has called for help and I can give you 50 when he has not every time.

#21 Posted by TheCannon (17910 posts) - - Show Bio

If he's worthy to lift mjolnir, he should have no problem with a GL ring.

#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm just go to to their HQ on beerora and get blitzed that's how I joined :P