Thor vs Superman (Read OP)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrDevil
No Caption Provided

So Thor vs Superman a battle that keeps going and going without never stops and today i would like to talk about Post Crisis Superman vs Thor. People keep talking and saying things like "Thor wins thanks to magic", "Superman is too fast for him" etc. but I would like to know what is that DC and Marvel think about this.

As I can't get this people into a room and talks to them I would do it by JLA/Avengers one of my favorite crossovers of all time.

Story

The crossover begins with Krona a scientific that was going Universe by Universe trying to discover the beginning of everything he has already destroyed Earth Three (Crime Syndicate) and Earth 715 (Thundra's home universe). After destroying this universe Krona steps into 616 and is confronted by Grand Master, GM proposes a game in that if he wins Krona will spare his universe. And this is where both earth cross where GM tells the JLA the big news and Metron tells the Avengers. The JLA went to 616 universe where they find very different from theirs this is their reaction:

This both teams have very different forms of do the stuff while Avengers prefer to go by the book and serve the law and freedom JLA puts Justice before anything else. DC is a universe of black and white while Marvel is a gray universe (if you know what i mean).

Round 1

After Avengers go to DC Universe this is what happens:

Cap calls them (JLA) fascist for the way JLA does the things and receiving credits for it, Superman tells them to comes quietly for "interrogation". Thor doesn't like the idea and answer Superman with a Hammer Time to the face. Now why does Superman being many times faster than light does not evade this, well because Thor attack him by surprise, the chapter ends there and in the second comic Superman and Martian Manhunter teams up and send flying Thor, Thor answers with a lightning and knocks Martian Manhunter, then Wonder Woman steps into the fight, they are interrupted by Scarlet Witch and knocks them all down and when Thor and Superman where going to have a collision She teleports everybody. Now people may say how the Hell Superman survive Mjolnirg to the face? well for two reasons.

Thor holds back when using Mjolnirg.

And Superman has a insane durability

For those who haven't paying attention up to now Superman is really mad,

And with all reasons I mean who wouldn't be after all if some people are fighting against me to destroy the universe to save them I would be as well. After all they continue the game and after confronting Darkseid they are all teleported to 616 earth.

Round 2

After one of the most savage fights in story Superman stands victorious and really tired, this is seen when the avengers beat the hell out of him. Later they team up with the bady and GM change reality with the cosmic cube.

Now. What is wrong with this up to now? Nothing the fight was as close as we will get giving the circumstances, Superman was going for blood and Thor was in character. Now isn't suppose a dude that can lift Yggdrasil, the world engine and the nine realms at the same time be stronger than Superman yeah but that would be in a lifting contest and this is a fight. And isn't Superman suppose to be way faster than Thor? true but Thor can compensate with Mjolnirg and his reflexes. If you follow both comics you would know that Thor is fast as well, fast enough to knock a dude and catch a out of control Mjolnirg going to the only point where Thor can't see, and thanks to Mjolnirg he has been capable to fight opponents like Silver Surfer, Hyperion, Sentry and Gladiator. And Thor has been stopped in comics before by beings with symilar strength to Superman.

Now the problem in this for most Thor fans is that Thor loses and they don't like it and don't want to accept it as canon well guess what is canon for DC. And I don't even know what is your problem if you actually read the comic:

And later while all of them preparing them self for the final fight Thor says to Aquaman how exited he was to see both teams fight together and if you would read this is what he says.

No Caption Provided

Now you may think this is him acting and saying he is strong, well no.

And this is shown better when Superman holds Thor's hammer.

No Caption Provided

He says that he didn't even imagine how much power there was. Now before anyone says it, is Superman worthy? The answer is simple and is NO! a big fat no, why? for the next reason.

No Caption Provided

Superman holds the hammer bc Odin allows it so they can save the Universe. Now from all this we can say a fight of Post Crisis Superman vs 616 Thor would be the winner. For the next reasons:

• This crossover in the first encounter where Thor was angry he fought Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman and was perfectly fine we could even say he was winning.
  • In the second fight Superman was going for the kill while Thor wasn't going all out hell he didn't even use lightnings.
  • Superman openly admits that he won by a hair and Thor didn't even go all out.

So after all this we can conclude that if both (Post Crisis Superman and 616 Thor) were going to fight in the same conditions Thor would end victorious.

No Caption Provided

The reasons i give him his is because Thor against mortals only uses 1/3 of all his real power even if that means he is going to lose. But take his arrogance, his feelings towards humanity and make him go for blood and better get the hell out of his way. ex: Blood and Thunder (he clean up the floor with Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, the infinity watch), his encounter with Iron-man when he was revived, and the saga when he become ruler of earth, hell two big examples of what would happen if Thor goes for blood is Fear Itself where Thor nearly killed Green Scar and Thing while he was still wounded and heck was destroying a planet with his shock waves only (people like to believe all this is bc of the Odin Force but truly the Odin Force just amplified his cosmic abilities like the use of his GodBlast and all times of magic we saw him doing. Hell I did truly confirm this in God of Thunder Saga where Hero Thor, King Thor and Prince Thor were almost equal in his fights, and after that when King Thor had already burned all of the Odinforce (when he revived Hero Thor) and stalemate with Galactus (he won bc of the Black Sword). There is more of Thor than people like to believe. Yet Superman is really powerful as well he can destroy planets and moons with the infinity mass punch going light years or more. Handling Ultraman and Superwoman with his fighting skills stopping a black hole with his static electricity, obliterating a tornado with applause only, incinerating a planet in staring contest. and there is more but the problem of all would be his fucking vulnerability to magic, the fact that he has been hurt by electricity before and the fact that he can be hurt by punches from super strong beings like doomsday. Against Thor he is fighting magic, brute force and lightning at the same time, if they both go all out Thor would end as the winner in a random encounter with both in characters would be a more hard to determine. But going all out I really doubt that Superman has the power to take Thor down.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By D3athstroke

why am i tagged everywhere ?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too long, didn't read.

Superman speed blitzes Thor.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jestersmiles

this tagging all of the vine needs to stop....it's beyond annoying now.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

Too long, didn't read.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Emperorb777

I've seen this battle so many times that it should be obvious that Superman speed blitzes.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read a bit of it.

OP is trying to use a non-canon crossover in an attempt to say that "Thor > Superman".

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrDevil

@mysticmedivh said:

Just read a bit of it.

OP is trying to use a non-canon crossover in an attempt to say that "Thor > Superman".

is canon to Post Crisis DC.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Its ok Thor got his whipping in that cross over.

Thor is planning next time he will be prepared now that he has gauged his powers. With prep i will use GOD blast while he is not looking :)

bouncyhippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bouncyhippo

@termiteone4ever said:

Thor is planning next time he will be prepared now that he has gauged his powers. With prep i will use GOD blast while he is not looking :)

Yes Thor did lose in that crossover. It's because real muscle is greater than steroids. That was the hidden moral of the story.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

We blitz all day, we blitz all night

With super speed, our strength and flight

No need for this thread, 'tis a pointless fight

Just accept the truth and Kal-El's light!

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up with these Thor vs Superman threads?

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader: The heretics do not wish to accept Kal-El and his almighty blitz into their lives

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wolfrazer  Online
Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too long stop tagging everyone and superman takes it high difficulty.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

Too long, didn't read.

@jestersmiles said:

No Caption Provided

Hell F***ing yeah. All of these are correct.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just literally can't be expected to read all this.

Superman wins.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrDevil

@bouncyhippo said:
@termiteone4ever said:

Yes Thor did lose in that crossover. It's because real muscle is greater than steroids. That was the hidden moral of the story.

who is using steroids? I mean seriously:

"He get's more power the higher he gets" - Boombstick.

oh and termiteone4ever i mean in there in a both random in a equal form Thor would win.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a really bad thread. Filled with assumptions and bad conclusions.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

nice poetry.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before this comic, I had an opinion on this fight.

The comic itself seems to match it.

'Unworthy' Thor did nothing to change it.

On average, the power scale is Mjolnir > Superman > Thor (if not by a wide margin.)

If Thor uses his hammer as more than a big metal head-bopper, he wins.

Usually, he looses.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kept me entertained all through 1st period. Good job.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is unnecessary. Thor has better feats and is a better fighter. Thus Thor>>>Superman. Simple as.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Night4345

The tagging is getting ridiculous.

Superman shuts down Thor before he uses any of his big attacks as per usual.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

LOOOL.Good One.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman
OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too long, didn't read.

@leo-343 said:

Yay. Another Superman vs Thor thread.

These.

Also, there's a battle callout phonebook for specific characters. No need to tag all of the Vine.

Avatar image for supermankingofheroes
supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In tne comic per thor statement

Superman is stronger than all who have faced thor prior and obviously thor himself

Sup didnt use his speed, thor didnt use his lightening

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is stronger than all who have faced thor prior and obviously thor himself

Sup didnt use his speed, thor didnt use his lightening

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup didnt use his speed, thor didn't use his lightening

Actually i don't be so sure about Sentry and Gladiator those two are powerful enough to destroy a planet that survive the destruction of his entire Galaxy with his bare hands (Gladiator), and the other one well is strong enough to go toe to toe with Green Scar and end it in stalemate without using all of his powers. Superman is faster and more intelligent and due to going for blood in that battle is what give him the win, Thor only uses 1/3 of all his real power even if that means he is going to lose. But take his arrogance, his feelings towards humanity and make him go for blood and better get the hell out of his way. ex: Blood and Thunder, his encounter with Iron-man when he was revived, and the saga when he become ruler of earth, hell two big examples of what would happen if Thor goes for blood is Fear Itself where Thor nearly killed Green Scar and Thing while he was still wounded and heck was destroying a planet with his shock waves only (people like to believe all this is bc of the Odin Force but truly the Odin Force just amplified his cosmic abilities like the use of his GodBlast and all times of magic we saw him doing. Hell I did truly confirm this in God of Thunder Saga where Hero Thor, King Thor and Prince Thor were almost equal in his fights, and after that when King Thor had already burned all of the Odinforce (when he revived Hero Thor) and stalemate with Galactus (he won bc of the Black Sword). There is more of Thor than people like to believe. Yet Superman is really powerful as well he can destroy planets and moons with the infinity mass punch going light years or more. Handling Ultraman and Superwoman with his fighting skills stopping a black hole with his static electricity, obliterating a tornado with applause only, incinerating a planet in staring contest. and there is more but the problem of all would be his fricking vulnerability to magic, the fact that he has been hurt by electricity before and the fact that he can be hurt by punches from super strong beings like doomsday. Against Thor he is fighting magic, brute force and lightning at the same time, if they both go all out Thor would end as the winner in a random encounter with both in characters would be a more hard to determine. But going all out I really doubt that Superman has the skill to take Thor down.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The tagging is getting ridiculous.

Superman shuts down Thor before he uses any of his big attacks as per usual.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By judasnixon

Tag me when you want to talk about Image Comics.....

No Caption Provided
MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me when you want to talk about Image Comics.....

No Caption Provided

spawn?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle.

This is just a fanboy rant trying to prove that Thor has a chance against Superman.

Lock should be incoming.

@sc@saren

bouncyhippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bouncyhippo

@tyger said:

Before this comic, I had an opinion on this fight.

The comic itself seems to match it.

'Unworthy' Thor did nothing to change it.

On average, the power scale is Mjolnir > Superman > Thor (if not by a wide margin.)

If Thor uses his hammer as more than a big metal head-bopper, he wins.

Usually, he looses.

Doesn't change a thing. If person A beats person B, then person B now gets to use a sword, he should win because he has the range and damage? There has been plenty of normal people who beat others with no weapon while their opponents get weapon. Same scenario. Superman is just merely more gifted than Thor biologically. Thor with Mjolnir could even the playing field, but Mjolnir doesn't grant him super senses.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By Saren

@mrdevil: This is not a battle thread, you can post your opinion on any of the existing Thor vs Superman threads or make a blog if you want. Also, stop tagging all those people, it's inbox spamming and you're getting a warning for that. Don't do it again.