AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By AweSam

@Jnr6Lil said:

There's no tie. One of Superman's weakness is to Magic. Thor just has to hit him on the head with Mjolnir.

Superman just has to punch him. Thor stands absolutely no chance.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@AweSam: You think it's just that easy for Superman to KO Thor. You guys must think Thor is just some human.

@jwalser3: You can find it yourself?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Vance Astro: Who said Supes will always be in close range with Thor, and if he is, he's more vulnerable to Mjlonir.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By AweSam

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: You think it's just that easy for Superman to KO Thor. You guys must think Thor is just some human.

Superman's immune to Thor's puny magic and hammer. Superman wins.

No Caption Provided
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By jwalser3

@Jnr6Lil:Then don't make such silly posts if you can't back it up.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@jwalser3: It wasn't a silly post, I'm simply saying, if you have the internet go look it up yourself.

@AweSam: Thor can manipulate matter, which is Superman. And absorb energy, Hell he could absorb all of the yellow sun radiation.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By AweSam

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Thor can manipulate matter, which is Superman. And absorb energy, Hell he could absorb all of the yellow sun radiation.

Scan.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By jwalser3

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Scan.

@Jnr6Lil:I don't see why you can't look it up? Common courtesy too post them? Also calling BS on the matter manipulation. :)

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By AweSam

@jwalser3 said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Scan.

@Jnr6Lil:I don't see why you can't look it up? Common courtesy too post them? Also calling BS on the matter manipulation. :)

I know, if Thor was a matter manipulator, he wouldn't get his ass kicked half of the time.

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By ratman19

@Jnr6Lil: prove it

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Okay it's like 3 people posting, Going to ask you guys to look this up for yourself otherwise if this keep sgoing I'm going to be talkign to 3 people simultaneous.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Superman's immune to Thor's puny magic and hammer. Superman wins.

No Caption Provided

you do realize this battle was determined by fans, that fight was a popularity contest, in truth thor can create blasts of lightning up to 15,000,000, not only is this almost hotter than the sun but it also is classified as "magic" and thor can multiply that power by ten. I love supes and he is most defiantly in my top ten superhero list, but this goes to thor man.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By NerdsFTW

@DrEgonSpengler said:

Superman is smarter than Thor and has the speed and durability advantage. Also there are some comics where Superman uses his reflexes and speed to speed blitz his opponents. He could do this to Thor as well!

Smarts mean nothing, and Thor is more durable than Superman, and Superman's weakness is magic.

And superman myay not use speed in the fight.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By JoeEddie

@NerdsFTW said:

@DrEgonSpengler said:

Superman is smarter than Thor and has the speed and durability advantage. Also there are some comics where Superman uses his reflexes and speed to speed blitz his opponents. He could do this to Thor as well!

Smarts mean nothing, and Thor is more durable than Superman, and Superman's weakness is magic.

And superman myay not use speed in the fight.

Actually, I just read that Thor is not even bulletproof.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By z3ro180

@NerdsFTW: vurnable to magic not weak. Big differnce form being weak agens something and vurnable and superman is vurnable to magic

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By z3ro180

@JoeEddie: yea just amazinly durable im sure if someone makes a 10000000000000calibur gun then thors screwed

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By NerdsFTW

@JoeEddie said:

Actually, I just read that Thor is not even bulletproof.

Yes it is.

No Caption Provided

@Z3RO180 said:

@NerdsFTW: vurnable to magic not weak. Big differnce form being weak agens something and vurnable and superman is vurnable to magic

It still harms Superman.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By z3ro180

@NerdsFTW: yes it harms him but its not a weakness its a vurnability and like i said there is a big differnce between a weakness and a vurnability

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Z3RO180 said:

@NerdsFTW: yes it harms him but its not a weakness its a vurnability and like i said there is a big differnce between a weakness and a vurnability

What's the difference and can you give an example?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By z3ro180

@NerdsFTW:fine a weakness like kryptonite can be easly exploted and causes great pain and even death often makeing superman powerless in the process. A vurnability like magic can due harm to superman but not as much as a weaknes ie krytonite and also does not render superman powerless in most situations.Also i have told you this before

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Z3RO180: Oh, I know now. But even knowing the difference, it still harms Superman.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By z3ro180

@NerdsFTW: True but its not a weakness

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Z3RO180 said:

@NerdsFTW: True but its not a weakness

Okay.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Jayfournines

i bump this...cause i'm in the mood to see some crazy Thos vs Superman debate

rowan1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By rowan1018

without odinforce i would say this it's a tie

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By minigunman123

@marvelfanboy said:

1.Versions

• Current Thor(classic feats still count) and pre 52 Superman

2. The Mighty Thor and Superman are the heavy-hitters of their respective universes, so its expected that this is without question the most discussed versus debate amongst comic book fans. No other versus battle comes close to being talked about as much than this one. Try to start a “Superman vs Thor” thread on any forum(like here) and the first response is sure to be: “Not this again”.

Strength

No Caption Provided

Thor has lifted the Midgard Serpent, who was so large it could coil itself around Earth several times and crush it within it's grip, shattered planets with the force of his blows, stalemate Hulk's strength for an entire hour(who is Marvel's strongest character), crumbled uru metal into dust with his bare hands,etc.

Superman has moved the gears of a machine that dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system itself, fight powerhouses like Doomsday, defeat Mongul in 60 seconds with nothing but his fists, lifted the Eath with the help of Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman, etc.

Final Analysis: Being the heavy hitters of their respective universes, this is a tie. As neither, if written consistently, would show upper limits to their strength.

Speed(Travel)

No Caption Provided

Thor has caught up the godling Zefra, created trenches before his enemy to which not even Quicksilver could react, and can travel as fast as the lightning he commands. Perhaps his most impressive travel speed feat was when he caught up to Ego, the living planet, who was moving in hyperspace. Meaning Thor had to have been traveling at least three times faster to overtake Ego in speed(Source for Ego: Astonishing Thor#2).

Superman has traveled across continents in seconds, traveled around the world over 3 times in less the blink of eye, kept up with speedsters such as Barry Allen, although not as fast as Barry nor even as Wally,(source for race with Barry: The Flash Rebirth #3),etc.

Final Analysis: When it comes down to it, thanks to mjolnir, Thor can travel at FTL speeds that surpass even Superman. This goes to Thor.

Speed(Reactionary)

Not much to say here, Superman has nano-second reaction time, and has blitzed characters ranging from Gog to Mongul and everyone in between(even Doomsday).

Although Thor has struck down a moving Quicksilver and claimed to have fought enemies faster than him and possesses micro-second reaction time, Thor's lack of reactionary speed feats gives this area to Superman.

Winner: Superman, by a long shot.

Stamina

No Caption Provided

It's already known that both Thor and Superman possess limitless stamina. However:

Final Analysis: Due to Thor's stamina deriving from his physiology(internal), and Superman's stamina deriving from solar energy(external). All Thor has to do is get Superman to fight under any other sun but yellow, and Superman will drain his solar energy reserves, and thus, tire, very quickly. This goes to Thor.

Durability

No Caption Provided

Thor has withstood unrestrained blows from Hulk, on multiple occasions(as I said before, Marvel's strongest character), punches from Gladiator(one of the more powerful Superman clones), nuclear bombs(that's right multiple) at point blank range with no injury, a Doomsday Bomb(capable of destroying an entire planet), sitting in the core of the sun, Ghost Rider's hellfire(Thor was actually immune to it), temperatures 1,000 times hotter than the sun and blasts from the Asgardian Destroyer Armor, and even attacks from the all-powerful race known as the Celestials(Fourth Host, to be exact).

Superman has withstood nuclear explosions, laser attacks powered by the core of planets, bullets, temperature extremes(as hot as the surface of the sun without even the slightest discomfort), and has even withstood Darkseid's omega beams, a feat previously thought to be impossible, planets colliding, and even a supernova-which destroyed all of the planets in the surrounding solar system(although the explosion did knock Superman out, he had no visible damage)

Final Analysis: Being able to dish out attacks from beings who can warp reality at a mere whim vs being able to survive a supernova, I give the durability to Thor, slightly.

Healing Factor

No Caption Provided

Thor can heal from any injury instantly.....only with magical assistance or the Odin Force.

Superman can heal from any injury instantly due to his solar powered healing factor.

Final Analysis: Due to their being no Odin Force/magical assistance for Thor and no kryptonite for Superman, the winner is Superman.

Overall Power

No Caption Provided

Thor has a vast arsenal of different powers and abilities and I'm not about to sit here and even attempt to list them all. I'm only going to discuss a few that would relevant in battle.

Thor can transmute elements, teleport Superman to any location he desires, use alpha particles to disintegrate Superman in one shot, absorb the solar energy from Superman's cells and cause him to lose his solar based powers, draw out Superman's life force and weaken Superman, etc. And on a defensive note, with the ability to create a force field that is capable of containing energy that can destroy 1/5 of the entire universe, Superman isn't getting through Thor's barrier defenses if Thor wills it.

Thanks to mjolnir, the overall power(due to versatility and sheer destructiveness), goes to Thor.

Total points: Seven

Thor's: Four

Superman's: Two

Tie: One

So with all these abilities and crap, what are Thor comics even about? He seems to be pretty much unbeatable. May I call PIS on the entire character or would that be unfair? ^^

In all seriousness though, for a comic book that sounds ridiculous, Thor's abilities here sound more like SSJ3 Goku or something.. Absolute madness.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By TheCowman

@minigunman123 said:

In all seriousness though, for a comic book that sounds ridiculous, Thor's abilities here sound more like SSJ3 Goku or something.. Absolute madness.

Only as ridiculous as everything Superman's ever done. Heck, if we included Superman powers from the Silver Age, it would sound like the craziest acid trip ever.

That's the problem with trying to determine what comic book character would win in a fight. They've all been written so differently over time that it's pretty much impossible. If Superman or Thor were to actually use all the abilities they've had over the years, they'd never lose ANY fight. And a battle between them would likely go on forever with no real winner.

Then again, maybe that's a way Thor can win. Is he really immortal? Could he just wait for Supes to die of old age? :D

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Superman

Lex_Luthor_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Lex_Luthor_II

This was a very entertaining thread to read.

And my conclusion based on everything everyone has said is THOR wins. Their durability, strength are similar. THORs powers are much more vast and powerful, but most people here who seem to think Superman wins always uses his reaction times and speed, but as MANY pointed out THORs reaction times are just as fast [faster?] than Superman and is FTL, and can swing his hammer 2-3 times the speed of light, and Mjolnir tracks opponents. [THOR fought many who were as fast as Superman, and his reaction times were more than sufficient. like SSurfer]

And given THORs hammer is magic and Superman is not resistant to magic, so when THOR does hit him, which he will many times, it's not really fair. [or use THORs more silly powers, and then its over before it starts]

These 2 are both gods, and the most powerful nonsky father level heroes. Although, sometimes THOR is skyfather when he goes all out or uses some of Mjolnirs more obscure.abilities

[Yes i am biased, but I tried to read this all logically and with an open mind and came to this^^]

Avatar image for goldenboy_prime
Goldenboy_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Goldenboy_Prime

If this is true I don't want to hear anyone cry about Kal being overpowered... But of course we will keep hearing that. which leads me to believe that he [Superman] must clearly be better than everyone. Otherwise he can't really be overpowered.

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By LoganX360

Thor , he would just Mjolnir punch a hole thru supermans chest .

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#232  Edited By z1co80

@minigunman123 said:

@marvelfanboy said:

So with all these abilities and crap, what are Thor comics even about? He seems to be pretty much unbeatable. May I call PIS on the entire character or would that be unfair? ^^

^^ He could tell us that he is a god all the time, Maybe even mention he is the God Of Thunder. What about the Son Of Odin. Could talk shit about his mystical enchanted mallet or just be an overbearing ass and all round pompous douche, Oh wait he already does that.

Of course that's me just kidding around but if i was picking a side i'd be routing for Superman. Although with everything taken into account from this thread i'd have to say Thor wins eventually.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. I like Thor more than Supe's his IMO too overrated DC just keeps on making him more boring everytime. No offense to anyone though.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy: This is a really well thought out post. Your name might give you some trouble though XD

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid: @BigCimmerian:

Here's the full scan:

No Caption Provided

Ok, the way I interpret this scene(as shown in the pics) Thor was near the black hole but not in it. He saved Red Hulk because he was guided by his hammer which is mystical in nature thus physics and laws of blah blah doesn't apply here. That means this is not a feat of strength but something he was able to do because of the hammer. Now if the hammer was tucked in his belt and he had both hands on Red Hulk I'd say it was an impressive display of strength. But as it is, It's really not impressive at all.

I think superman would win... but man this scan shows thor escaping from a black hole indeed (how would he have cached rulk that was almost in the black hole without passing there) and also shows a great reactionary speed by catching rulk without hurting him.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You hate Clark, Thor cant travel as fast as mjolnir by itself can travel, and btw Auperman can have an vontage in Space while Thor can maxium be an hour in space before suffocates to death.

You forgot that Supes benched the earth himself so he wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree 100% with this analysis. Great job

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: thor actually can travel faster than superman with mjolnir, and I'm pretty sure he was only using pre new 52 feats

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: But Superman once fly like 20 times tye speed of light when mjolnir can go 18?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the deciding factor for me in the ever so debatable Supes vs Thor debate is Thors durability and omni-directional attacks

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@marvelfanboy: Hmmmmmm I was gonna say " not another thor superman thread" but ummm

SEEMS LEGIT

beyonder2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy: I've seen a scan of thor throwing mjolnir across the entire milky way galaxy and back in one minute...that means his hammer traveled 18 trillion miles a second..supes has nano reaction time or billionths of a second meaning his hammer would hit supes before he could react.also force =mass × speed.42 lbs ×18 trillion miles a second results in force of over 300 billion tons..now add in that's mjolnir is magical in nature and fights over...

beyonder2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By beyonder2012

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir116-SpeedWhomtheGodsWoul.jpg

Avatar image for goodguytoastandstill
GoodGuyToAStandStill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps! Flawless victory!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps! Flawless victory!

Derp. You convinced me with that flawless logic!

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old thread, nice breakdown

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Not sure what travel speed does in a battle..and if Thor has better stamina then Clark without the yellow sun Superman is more overall powerful then a Thor with out the hammer. Regardless good breakdown from an old thread.

I'm surprised energy projection wasn't brought up. Now that's a category odinson can shine it better then quite a few of people in his tier

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is being broken down to durability, I might give the edge to Superman if we look at the invulnerability aspect (which Superman clearly has), when it comes to body temperatures (in terms of heat and cold) both have shown resistance.

But given Superman's clear structure in invulnerability against heat and cold, I may give him the edge here. Thor in some cases has had trouble with extreme cold and heat, like I said said guys, in some very rare cases. But I'm sure guys will want proof of that right? So here's the first one, Thor battling the 4D Man who has the power of heat in his right hand and cold in his left hand. We see here what happens when he touches Thor with the "hot hand":

No Caption Provided

Then we see Thor react to the "cold touch":

No Caption Provided

The facial expressions of Thor in both scans speak volumes themselves, you guys be the judge

Avatar image for eobartthawne123
EobartThawne123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice post, I agree with pretty much the whole thing, and it was unbiassed too although me agreeing is kind of biased because I am a marvel fan

Avatar image for eobartthawne123
EobartThawne123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but still thor by a bit