Thor vs Superman Debate Breakdown

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#151  Edited By The_Thunderer

Surely Thor's speed has to be = to his reactional speed or he would just end up crashing everywhere?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Jayfournines

@isaac_clarke said:

Honestly, who cares anymore about Thor vs pre-52 Superman? Superman's been rebooted and Thor can likely beat the tar out of him.

Why can't people be happy with that?

QFT

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Jayfournines

@The_Thunderer said:

Surely Thor's speed has to be = to his reactional speed or he would just end up crashing everywhere?

Mjolnir is the one that travels as amazing speeds, knowing exactly where it's going. Mjolnir is pretty awesome like that.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By nickzambuto

I still don't see how Superman can speed blitz Thor. Where the hell do you guys get all these exact estimates? "DOH Superman can react to the picosecond but Thor's only reacted to the micro!"

Where does that come from?

SaintJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By SaintJohn

dude Thor vs supes is an EASY debate.

Thor can and has fought foes while moving ftl.

Supes heat and freeze breath cant do ANYTHING to Thor WHILE I can list 6 that can KILL supes

1)matter manip

2)Soul absorption

3)energy absorption

4)God blast

5)magical lightning

6)His hammer

what can supes do to Thor? hit him THATS IT. Not to mention Thor is THOUSANDS of years old and is also a god of war which means he has 50 times more experience in fighting then supes does.

So where the debate?

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#156  Edited By marvelfanboy

@nickzambuto said:

I still don't see how Superman can speed blitz Thor. Where the hell do you guys get all these exact estimates? "DOH Superman can react to the picosecond but Thor's only reacted to the micro!"

Because Thor can throw punches in micro seconds, and Superman will catch them in nano seconds...do the math.

Plus, Thor lacks combat/reactionary speed feats to be on equal footing with Superman.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By nickzambuto

@marvelfanboy said:

@nickzambuto said:

Because Thor can throw punches in micro seconds, and Superman will catch them in nano seconds...do the math.

Plus, Thor lacks combat/reactionary speed feats to be on equal footing with Superman.

But where do people get that Superman has nano reaction time and Thor is only micro? What feats could possibly indicate such an exact number?

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By marvelfanboy

@nickzambuto said:

But where do people get that Superman has nano reaction time and Thor is only micro? What feats could possibly indicate such an exact number?

Nano second

Micro second

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By nickzambuto

@marvelfanboy said:

@nickzambuto said:

Nano second

Micro second

But they've both fought at FTL speeds before right? Isn't FTL superior to micro/nano seconds or am I dead wrong?

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By darktiger

I say Thor Wins

shaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By shaz

Thor wins.

Reasoning

Strength:Thor

Durability: Thor but very close

Combat speed:Superman

Weapons:Thor

Abilities:Thor.

Most of that is listed above by the author of this piece..and Thor wins strength easily because he lifted Yggdrasil The tree of life containing all 9 realms which is like lifting 9-10(if you count the tree itself) Planets.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By marvelfanboy

@nickzambuto said:

But they've both fought at FTL speeds before right? Isn't FTL superior to micro/nano seconds or am I dead wrong?

That's combat speed, not reactionary speed.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By marvelfanboy

@darktiger said:

I say Thor Wins

Do you have an alternate account called venmoushatred?

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By nickzambuto

@marvelfanboy said:

@nickzambuto said:

That's combat speed, not reactionary speed.

Ok ok, I think I'm starting to understand. Thanks.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By marvelfanboy

@nickzambuto said:

Ok ok, I think I'm starting to understand. Thanks.

No problem.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#166  Edited By majestic99

bump

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

Still Superman

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#168  Edited By joshuagamer

This was a biased article in objective clothing. Thor loses to the Hulk everytime they fight- the same Hulk that Superman has beaten. Thor has also been DEFEATED by Superman. Superman's speed is superluminal by the way when flying. You constantly referenced Thor's speed surpassing Quicksilver, as if that's impressive (he's only a supersonic). The fastest character in Marvel is Makkari, a character who's speed is dwarfed by any member of the Flash family. Superman, when flying, has speed that rivals the Flashes (he's destroyed if he's only running). Gladiator, as you said, is a very powerful Superman clone, but you want to know a stronger one, Mr. Majestic. This same Mr. Majestic was put on his butt by Superman. Since when does taking hits from reality- alterers surpass surviving a supernova or juggling a black hole (that little thing that not even light...or death can escape). These reality- alterers were not using their reality- alteration abilities on Thor, so the fact that they had the ability to alter reality is inconsequential (Thor doesn't have an anti-erase my behind from existence power).

To conclude, Superman, in his current incarnation, has not reached his maximum potential (his maximum potential practically makes him a god in the true sense of the word). Thor on the other hand is thousands of years old and is as powerful as he is going to become (not including the sporadic/ temporary plot device power increases he'll receive). Finally, I will mention something that no one seems to like to take into account- THOR'S POWER IS EQUIVALENT TO A REALLY STRONG LUKE CAGE, ALL OF THE REALLY IMPRESSIVE ABILITIES ARE DERIVED FROM MJOLNIR. WHEN SUPES GETS A RIDICULOUSLY POWERFUL WEAPON TO BRING INTO BATTLE, THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN YOU COUNT MJOLNIR'S POWER AS THOR'S.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#169  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I wouldn't really say this is a battle. It's more like a blog. I'll move it to general discussion so it doesn't get meshed with the 42,092 other Superman vs and Thor vs threads.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By marvelfanboy

@joshuagamer said:

This was a biased article in objective clothing. Thor loses to the Hulk everytime they fight- the same Hulk that Superman has beaten.

False.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#171  Edited By yahweh

bump

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By mr_gone

@joshuagamer: wow, okay. just responding to the "all caps" section of that, a kryptonian doesn't just have the power supes does. It comes only with time spent under a yellow sun. Under your line of reasoning this fight is only arguable if it's an average asgardian vs an average kryptonian? Because that fight would be boring, and i don't believe that is whats being discussed here.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By SandMan_

Eh..No

Superman is more durable than Thor.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#174  Edited By Queso6p4

@k4tzm4n said:

I wouldn't really say this is a battle. It's more like a blog. I'll move it to general discussion so it doesn't get meshed with the 42,092 other Superman vs and Thor vs threads.

That's it? :)

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#175  Edited By yahweh

@SandMan_ said:

Eh..No Superman is more durable than Thor.

Prove it.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By joshuagamer

@marvelfanboy: true unless you can find even one time that Thor has managed to beat the Hulk. P.s. I'm not talking about getting in a good hit or two, I'm talking about actually winning a fight.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By marvelfanboy

@joshuagamer said:

This was a biased article in objective clothing. Thor loses to the Hulk everytime they fight- the same Hulk that Superman has beaten. Thor has also been DEFEATED by Superman. Superman's speed is superluminal by the way when flying. You constantly referenced Thor's speed surpassing Quicksilver, as if that's impressive (he's only a supersonic). The fastest character in Marvel is Makkari, a character who's speed is dwarfed by any member of the Flash family. Superman, when flying, has speed that rivals the Flashes (he's destroyed if he's only running). Gladiator, as you said, is a very powerful Superman clone, but you want to know a stronger one, Mr. Majestic. This same Mr. Majestic was put on his butt by Superman. Since when does taking hits from reality- alterers surpass surviving a supernova or juggling a black hole (that little thing that not even light...or death can escape). These reality- alterers were not using their reality- alteration abilities on Thor, so the fact that they had the ability to alter reality is inconsequential (Thor doesn't have an anti-erase my behind from existence power).

@joshuagamer said:

@marvelfanboy: true unless you can find even one time that Thor has managed to beat the Hulk. P.s. I'm not talking about getting in a good hit or two, I'm talking about actually winning a fight.

1. Thor has not lost to Hulk every time they fought

2. Superman has never beaten Thor.

3. Thor can travel FTL

4. Superman has never beaten Mr. Majestic

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By mr_gone

@joshuagamer: yeah dude, have you even read comics, or are you just trolling?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By majestic99

@mr_gone said:

@joshuagamer: yeah dude, have you even read comics, or are you just trolling?

latter.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By joshuagamer

@mr_gone: Have you ever read comics or are you just trolling. I like Thor, but he is one of the most undeservedly hyped characters in all of comics.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Jnr6Lil

There's no tie. One of Superman's weakness is to Magic. Thor just has to hit him on the head with Mjolnir.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Jnr6Lil said:

There's no tie. One of Superman's weakness is to Magic. Thor just has to hit him on the head with Mjolnir.

Okay.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@NerdsFTW said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Okay.

And that would do the job, completely.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Thor could easily just knock Superman on the head with Mjolnir.

MyonKuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By MyonKuro
thor got defeated by hulk before, that would never happen to superman
That's not true. Thor holds back at times too much. He's a humble god and you should understand that.
The Original Blog post, I totally agree with, Thor wins, due to his Hammer.
ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ratman19

@Jnr6Lil: supes is still faster than thor. magic doesnt weaken him hes just more vunerable to it. and him being more vulnerable to it doesnt =automatic win

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By TheMultiverse

Is supe faster than Thor? I thought Thor could literally teleport, and move at speeds beyond light Speed(at one time)

EDIT: Yes supe is faster than Thor, and stronger, but does he have the battle tactics, and intelligence of Thor?

What i'm trying to say is, is Superman too stupid to defeat Thor?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ratman19: Still, if Thor wanted to, he could throw Mjlonir at Supes, and Mjolnir is powerful.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By z3ro180

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: have you got scans of thor beating hulk cause i have never seen any apart from fear itself.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Z3RO180 said:

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: have you got scans of thor beating hulk cause i have never seen any apart from fear itself.

Hulk vs Thor...

The Many times they fight it ends undecided. But Thor has 4 solid victories over Hulk (counting bfr). Some might not count Fear itself though because Thor collapsed immediately after the fight.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By z3ro180

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: cool thanks for those dude

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By ratman19

@Jnr6Lil: superman could catch it. and use it against thor

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ratman19

@TheMultiverse: superman is smarter than thor. you must not know that much about superman.thor is not that smart superman is really smart

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

Superman is smarter than Thor and has the speed and durability advantage. Also there are some comics where Superman uses his reflexes and speed to speed blitz his opponents. He could do this to Thor as well!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#195  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Superman is superior to Thor is every way that matters.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Vance Astro:  

Superman is superior to Thor is every way that matters.

That's what she said.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ratman19: Mjlonir is fast when thrown, Thor can throw it like 3 times the speed of light, That's probably fast even for Superman.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#198  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

@ratman19: Mjlonir is fast when thrown, Thor can throw it like 3 times the speed of light, That's probably fast even for Superman.

Let's go ahead and pretend this matters. In order to throw something at someone they have to give you the space to do it.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#199  Edited By SC  Moderator

I love how insistent some fans are in thinking there is an objective and clear answer to this when even some of the best and longest Superman writers (Dan Jurgens) think that more times or not that Thor is superior and should win in a clash between the two and some of Thor's writers (Kurt Busiek) are of the opposing belief. Both characters are fictional, you can constantly redefine the criteria on how to compare the two coming up with different outcomes each time, and I think to do so can be extremely fun, but man some of the arguments presented. People I think shouldn't invest in characters so much it turns off their ability to reason soundly. Insistence or confidence in an opinion doesn't lend it any extra accuracy.      

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#200  Edited By jwalser3

Can I see a scan of that?