Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall: Hulk was also intentionally holding back in Thor #489 because he would revert to Banner if he got too angry.

To be fair thor himself was weakened anyways, so Hulk holding back can thus be countered. i still dont think that should be considered a clear victory.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#102  Edited By Saren
Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Remi

Who reads Avengers Assemble? :P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Saren

@Remi: People who are curious as to what kind of trainwreck Bendis is going to build around Thanos :P

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Killemall

@Remi said:

I do.

@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall: Agreed. BTW, have you read Avengers Assemble #4 yet?

Hulk did this to Thor and he was down for a while:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thank you, havent read 4 yet i get my issues from a friend and will get it by Friday :) will read it then.

Also bringing Thanos back with no explanation was a very iffy job done by Bendis in a series he's expressely states is cannon to 616 continuity.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thinkagain said:

@marvelfanboy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid: @BigCimmerian:

Here's the full scan:

No Caption Provided

Ok, the way I interpret this scene(as shown in the pics) Thor was near the black hole but not in it. He saved Red Hulk because he was guided by his hammer which is mystical in nature thus physics and laws of blah blah doesn't apply here. That means this is not a feat of strength but something he was able to do because of the hammer. Now if the hammer was tucked in his belt and he had both hands on Red Hulk I'd say it was an impressive display of strength. But as it is, It's really not impressive at all.

true, but the real weakling in those pictures, are rulk

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

@jeanroygrant: @Killemall:

The first instance doesnt count for two reason, 1 it was professor hulk a weaker incarnation and 2 in Thor 489 he wasnt KOed, because if you considered getting punched without getting KOed a victory, hulk has done so to thor at least 4 times before.

Bfr is still considered a win. And that was Nul, its still Hulk just with an amp.

While BFR is considered a victory, i dont even know why they do so, it does very little to support a character specially in a battle thread so we tend not to count those. And Hulk and Nul are two different character, people would say oh he's amped up version, but then so was Thing and he lost to goddam spiderman. Fear Itself was horrible and i would normally not count that.

Also out of topic, hammer and snew was meant to be a green hulk, we dont even know what happened in the battle, although i did acknoweledge that as a win in my previous post its still iffy.

In Thor 489 Thor had him on the ropes until Hela stepped in though. I guess its not really a win, but the other 3 instances are.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Remi

@CitizenBane said:

@Remi: People who are curious as to what kind of trainwreck Bendis is going to build around Thanos :P

Not just Thanos :P

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Remi

@Killemall said:

@Remi said:

I do.

WHY.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By buttersdaman000

Biased OP is biased

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Killemall

In Thor 489 Thor had him on the ropes until Hela stepped in though. I guess its not really a win, but the other 3 instances are.

That was more to do with the fact that it was Professor Hulk possibly the weakest incarnation of Hulk. I am glad you agree its not really a win, Nul however isnt really Hulk, different character, different powers , different mentality.

Also off late, Marvel rates Hulk as being stronger and more durable than Thor as bios will signify that. Hulk has even improved on his reaction speed, we recently saw hulk catch a RPG fired from a very close range, and in Avengers Assemble 4, which i have not yet read but thanks to Bane got to see few scans, caught Captain America's shield mid air. Thor has been nerfed out quite a bit in recent days, although him killing a retconned version of Godeather was still nice to see, Hulk seem to have gotten upgrade, albiet not outright stated in bios.

@Remi said:

WHY.

As much as it pains to say, i freakin love Thanos :p wont miss a series with him in it =) The only reason i started reading Avengers Assemble was because Morphius_ said Thanos made an appearence in AA3 so yeah started reading every issue in it :p

DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Are you sure, because The Worthy did still retain all their powers. They were not in their mentality but when has Hulk ever really had a mind. Fear Itself was pretty accurate imo.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Killemall

@Killemall said:

Are you sure, because The Worthy did still retain all their powers. They were not in their mentality but when has Hulk ever really had a mind. Fear Itself was pretty accurate imo.

Well they were said to retain their powers but their feats dont match up. Thing wouldnt normally get beat up by spiderman nor would he get one shotted by Thor, he has fought Thor for a short time before.

Hulk generally has mind, he has gone out of his way to save innocent because at the end of the day you have bruce banner somewhere there. Yes there have been mindless version of Hulk too, but then Savage hulk is not a regular version of Hulk he's stronger and more durable that way.

DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@Killemall said:

Well they were said to retain their powers but their feats dont match up. Thing wouldnt normally get beat up by spiderman nor would he get one shotted by Thor, he has fought Thor for a short time before.

Hulk generally has mind, he has gone out of his way to save innocent because at the end of the day you have bruce banner somewhere there. Yes there have been mindless version of Hulk too, but then Savage hulk is not a regular version of Hulk he's stronger and more durable that way.

But Spidey didn't beat up Angrir, Angrir just walked out the hospital after taking a few hits from Spiderman, unscathed. Only thing I didn't see fit in Fear Itself was Cap's shield breaking.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By marvelfanboy

@vuviper said:

I didn't see him actually fall into the black hole. It seems he was saved before he got there

@Thinkagain said:

Ok, the way I interpret this scene(as shown in the pics) Thor was near the black hole but not in it. He saved Red Hulk because he was guided by his hammer which is mystical in nature thus physics and laws of blah blah doesn't apply here. That means this is not a feat of strength but something he was able to do because of the hammer. Now if the hammer was tucked in his belt and he had both hands on Red Hulk I'd say it was an impressive display of strength. But as it is, It's really not impressive at all.

Thor went into the black hole to pull out Rulk.

@Immortal777 said:

Why wasn't fighting skill and intellect also compared.

Because both are irrelevant in a brawl.

@buttersdaman000 said:

Biased OP is biased

No.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Saren

@buttersdaman000 said:

Biased OP is biased

What did you expect from majestic99 of all people?

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By marvelfanboy

@jeanroygrant said:

@marvelfanboy: good points. But I still say Thor and Supes are deadlocked. Also Thor has beaten Hulk 3 times btw which is why Hulk will NEVER best supes.

Thor has beaten Hulk once from what i know, what two other times you talking about?

You obviously didn't listen when I stated this two times:

1. It shows how each is fares in individual ares 2. It's called a debate breakdown for a reason and

3. It's better than saying "name wins" in every 'Thor vs Superman" thread

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By marvelfanboy

No other comments?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Jayfournines

@CitizenBane said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Biased OP is biased

at least he didn't have full mastery of the speed force in this one >.>

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Immortal777: oh yeah thats true about odinforce, and i had no idea, i always just thought it was just regular clothing but thanks for teaching me something new :)

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By buttersdaman000
@CitizenBane:  
Ha, is this one of his alts? 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@CitizenBane said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Biased OP is biased

Interesting how after everyone tears him apart in the original Thor vs Superman thread he decides to go to this one with his alt account, if it is truly him.
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Wait, looking at the writing style, that's definitely maj. Haha, weird...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By jashro44

How is fighting skills irrelevant?

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By marvelfanboy

@CitizenBane said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Biased OP is biased

No it's not. You're just saying that.

@jashro44 said:

How is fighting skills irrelevant?

Because in most fights, they(thor and supes) brawl.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By buttersdaman000
@marvelfanboy:  
Yeah it is. You left out multiple feats for Superman and just read your 'overall power' section. Clear bias. I think you tried to pull a little 1-2 with that Superman pic as your avatar but we know how you do.....lol 
marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By marvelfanboy

@buttersdaman000 said:

@marvelfanboy: Yeah it is. You left out multiple feats for Superman and just read your 'overall power' section. Clear bias. I think you tried to pull a little 1-2 with that Superman pic as your avatar but we know how you do.....lol

There are feats for Superman in every section. What were you saying?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Jayfournines

@texasdeathmatch said:

@CitizenBane said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Biased OP is biased

Interesting how after everyone tears him apart in the original Thor vs Superman thread he decides to go to this one with his alt account, if it is truly him.

it is him

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@Jayfournines: Eh, he admitted it

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By CODYSF

@texasdeathmatch said:

LOL really wow!!!!!!!

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#131  Edited By Baldy

This has probably been mentioned but it amuses me that this thread was started by a guy called "marvelfanboy" and Thor wins.

Not sure I disagree with everything it says, but I'm positive it's biased. Thor is the coolest character though.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132  Edited By majestic99

@Jayfournines said:

it is him

@CODYSF said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

LOL really wow!!!!!!!

Yes it is me.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Emperorb777
No Caption Provided

Perfect place to use this.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By majestic99

@Immortal777 said:

Perfect place to use this.

Why is that?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By isaac_clarke

Honestly, who cares anymore about Thor vs pre-52 Superman? Superman's been rebooted and Thor can likely beat the tar out of him.

Why can't people be happy with that?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By majestic99

@isaac_clarke said:

Honestly, who cares anymore about Thor vs pre-52 Superman? Superman's been rebooted and Thor can likely beat the tar out of him.

Why can't people be happy with that?

Don't know.

Megabeast1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Megabeast1

I think Superman has a better chance against Thor than made out to be

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By marvelfanboy

@Megabeast1 said:

I think Superman has a better chance against Thor than made out to be

It would be a good fight.

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SteveRogers

@marvelfanboy said:

1.Versions

• Current Thor(classic feats still count) and pre 52 Superman

2. The Mighty Thor and Superman are the heavy-hitters of their respective universes, so its expected that this is without question the most discussed versus debate amongst comic book fans. No other versus battle comes close to being talked about as much than this one. Try to start a “Superman vs Thor” thread on any forum(like here) and the first response is sure to be: “Not this again”.

Strength

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor has lifted the Midgard Serpent, who was so large it could coil itself around Earth several times and crush it within it's grip, shattered planets with the force of his blows, stalemate Hulk's strength for an entire hour(who is Marvel's strongest character), crumbled uru metal into dust with his bare hands,etc.

Superman has moved the gears of a machine that dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system itself, fight powerhouses like Doomsday, defeat Mongul in 60 seconds with nothing but his fists, lifted the Eath with the help of Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman, etc.

Final Analysis: Being the heavy hitters of their respective universes, this is a tie. As neither, if written consistently, would show upper limits to their strength.

Speed(Travel)

No Caption Provided

Thor has caught up the godling Zefra, created trenches before his enemy to which not even Quicksilver could react, and can travel as fast as the lightning he commands. Perhaps his most impressive travel speed feat was when he caught up to Ego, the living planet, who was moving in hyperspace. Meaning Thor had to have been traveling at least three times faster to overtake Ego in speed(Source for Ego: Astonishing Thor#2).

Superman has traveled across continents in seconds, traveled around the world over 3 times in less the blink of eye, kept up with speedsters such as Barry Allen, although not as fast as Barry nor even as Wally,(source for race with Barry: The Flash Rebirth #3),etc.

Final Analysis: When it comes down to it, thanks to mjolnir, Thor can travel at FTL speeds that surpass even Superman. This goes to Thor.

Speed(Reactionary)

Not much to say here, Superman has nano-second reaction time, and has blitzed characters ranging from Gog to Mongul and everyone in between(even Doomsday).

Although Thor has struck down a moving Quicksilver and claimed to have fought enemies faster than him and possesses micro-second reaction time, Thor's lack of reactionary speed feats gives this area to Superman.

Winner: Superman, by a long shot.

Stamina

No Caption Provided

It's already known that both Thor and Superman possess limitless stamina. However:

Final Analysis: Due to Thor's stamina deriving from his physiology(internal), and Superman's stamina deriving from solar energy(external). All Thor has to do is get Superman to fight under any other sun but yellow, and Superman will drain his solar energy reserves, and thus, tire, very quickly. This goes to Thor.

Durability

No Caption Provided

Thor has withstood unrestrained blows from Hulk, on multiple occasions(as I said before, Marvel's strongest character), punches from Gladiator(one of the more powerful Superman clones), nuclear bombs(that's right multiple) at point blank range with no injury, a Doomsday Bomb(capable of destroying an entire planet), sitting in the core of the sun, Ghost Rider's hellfire(Thor was actually immune to it), temperatures 1,000 times hotter than the sun and blasts from the Asgardian Destroyer Armor, and even attacks from the all-powerful race known as the Celestials(Fourth Host, to be exact).

Superman has withstood nuclear explosions, laser attacks powered by the core of planets, bullets, temperature extremes(as hot as the surface of the sun without even the slightest discomfort), and has even withstood Darkseid's omega beams, a feat previously thought to be impossible, planets colliding, and even a supernova-which destroyed all of the planets in the surrounding solar system(although the explosion did knock Superman out, he had no visible damage)

Final Analysis: Being able to dish out attacks from beings who can warp reality at a mere whim vs being able to survive a supernova, I give the durability to Thor, slightly.

Healing Factor

No Caption Provided

Thor can heal from any injury instantly.....only with magical assistance or the Odin Force.

Superman can heal from any injury instantly due to his solar powered healing factor.

Final Analysis: Due to their being no Odin Force/magical assistance for Thor and no kryptonite for Superman, the winner is Superman.

Overall Power

No Caption Provided

Thor has a vast arsenal of different powers and abilities and I'm not about to sit here and even attempt to list them all. I'm only going to discuss a few that would relevant in battle.

Thor can transmute elements, teleport Superman to any location he desires, use alpha particles to disintegrate Superman in one shot, absorb the solar energy from Superman's cells and cause him to lose his solar based powers, draw out Superman's life force and weaken Superman, etc. And on a defensive note, with the ability to create a force field that is capable of containing energy that can destroy 1/5 of the entire universe, Superman isn't getting through Thor's barrier defenses if Thor wills it.

Thanks to mjolnir, the overall power(due to versatility and sheer destructiveness), goes to Thor.

Total points: Seven

Thor's: Four

Superman's: Two

Tie: One

Sums it all up for me too. Thanks

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SteveRogers

@marvelfanboy: If Hulk isn't the strongest Marvel character then who is?

I say Trion Juggernaut imo. He was able to punch through dimensions by sheer brute force.

See, that's one version of Juggs. What version of the Hulk is being used?

ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ndm5

Honestly, I think Thor wins, but i will understand when others say Superman wins. An argument can be made for both parties, so debating over them will never ever end.

I respect the OP, because he just said facts, not opinions. They are the Flagship "tough" guys of Marvel and DC. I'm sure if given the chance, Thor could pull 1/3 of the earth, and Superman could lift the Midgard Serpent. It is just how they are written

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#142  Edited By Mercy_

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@marvelfanboy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid:

Please don't derail this thread, please.

whatever kid

There's no need to be rude to somebody when they pleasantly asked you to stay on topic.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By marvelfanboy

@SteveRogers said:

See, that's one version of Juggs. What version of the Hulk is being used?

Savage Hulk.

@Mercy_ said:

There's no need to be rude to somebody when they pleasantly asked you to stay on topic.

Thank you. I didn't want it to become another "Thor vs Superman" thread and get locked.

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By SteveRogers

@Mercy_ said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@marvelfanboy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid:

whatever kid

He's always been rude. I was wondering when a mod would come out and put a stop to him. smh

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By marvelfanboy

@The_Thunderer said:

@marvelfanboy: Wicked. Like it relatively unbiased..you forgot superman pulling the earth though...

I added that in there.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SteveRogers said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@marvelfanboy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid:

whatever kid

He's always been rude. I was wondering when a mod would come out and put a stop to him. smh

iv never been rude to u but once, u came out of the blue and messaged me talking sh*t cause i said hulk sucks... u follow me around threads replying to every of my posts... when will a mod stop u...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Mercy_

Both of you get back on topic.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Great analysis. I'd love to see arguments from those that claim the opposite.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By marvelfanboy

@Mercy_ said:

Both of you get back on topic.

Are you talking to me?

@Phaedrusgr said:

Great analysis. I'd love to see arguments from those that claim the opposite.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Mercy_

@marvelfanboy: Nope, you're all good.