User Lists: 0

@BigCimmerian said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@marvelfanboy said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor can also survived black holes, he even escaped from one of them

Scans?

yes, i would like to see scans of it

where is the picture of him surviving a black hole?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By ReVamp

@marvelfanboy:

1. Heh. I won't get into that.
  2. That's got absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By marvelfanboy

@Almighty_Darkseid: @BigCimmerian:

Here's the full scan:

No Caption Provided
DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DangerousLoki

Superman has higher durability for one simple fact. Superman can straight up tank blows. While I know there have been issues of Thor managing to break weapons against his skin. this seems odd to me considering if this were true he'd not need to deflect bullets with his hammer. It's the same reason why Hulk's durability is impressive. Superman and Hulk both can take nukes straight up to the face and walk away unscathed but see characters like WW or Thor have to deflect even simple bullets to protect themselves. Etc. It takes a considerable force to even penetrate Supes skin, so even blows that hurt him likely don't do as much damage as you'd expect. Or at least, I've never seen Thor get shot. In any case.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By marvelfanboy

@The Man of Yesteryear:Not going to comment?

@ReVamp said:

@marvelfanboy:

1. Heh. I won't get into that.
  2. That's got absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

1.What have I said as feats that aren't true?

2. What parts of my breakdown do you disagree with?

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By marvelfanboy

@DangerousLoki:

The reason there are instances where Thor has had his skin pierced by weapons is just to show Thor can bleed. Thor doesn't have any weaknesses, where as Superman does, so there has to be some instance for someone even as powerful as Thor is physically harmed.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ReVamp

@marvelfanboy:

1. Not feats. Conclusions. And I just said "I won't get into that".
  2. Your breakdown, like Vu said, takes into account a point system. So even if the point system was true, it wouldn't mean anything.
marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By marvelfanboy

@ReVamp said:

@marvelfanboy:

1. Not feats. Conclusions. And I just said "I won't get into that".
  2. Your breakdown, like Vu said, takes into account a point system. So even if the point system was true, it wouldn't mean anything.

1. Okay

2. Again, it just shows how one character outclasses another in individual areas. It does mean something, seeing as how my conclusion, say for example, reactionary speed, most agree with for the simple that I've noticed in most Thor vs Superman debates(minus all the flaming and trolling) cites Superman's speed as the primary area that Superman has over Thor.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vuviper

@marvelfanboy said:

Here's the full scan:

No Caption Provided

Where is the scan of him surviving a Black Hole?

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

@DangerousLoki said:

Superman has higher durability for one simple fact. Superman can straight up tank blows. While I know there have been issues of Thor managing to break weapons against his skin. this seems odd to me considering if this were true he'd not need to deflect bullets with his hammer. It's the same reason why Hulk's durability is impressive. Superman and Hulk both can take nukes straight up to the face and walk away unscathed but see characters like WW or Thor have to deflect even simple bullets to protect themselves. Etc. It takes a considerable force to even penetrate Supes skin, so even blows that hurt him likely don't do as much damage as you'd expect. Or at least, I've never seen Thor get shot. In any case.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

@AsgardianXeno929 said:

@DangerousLoki said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This one didn't show for some reason lol

No Caption Provided
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor is solar system buster easily

Avatar image for kalthehokage_2007
KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy: I actually respect your Thor vs Superman thread. you showed each side EQUALLY. Props and kudos to you.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Kinasin_

The strength is definitely not a tie. Superman is far stronger than Thor.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here come the fanboys.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By marvelfanboy

@vuviper said:

The black hole is what Rulk fell into, right before Thor flew into it as well, caught Rulk, and escaped by traveling FTL.

@Kinasin_ said:

The strength is definitely not a tie. Superman is far stronger than Thor.

Neither have shown upper limits to their strength. So saying one is stronger than the other is pure speculation.

If written consistently, neither would be stronger than the other.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By marvelfanboy

@KalTheHokage_2007 said:

@marvelfanboy: I actually respect your Thor vs Superman thread. you showed each side EQUALLY. Props and kudos to you.

Thanks. That's what I did.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy: your welcome. typically hate this debate because fanboys clog the forum. just sayin'

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By vuviper

@marvelfanboy said:

@vuviper said:

The black hole is what Rulk fell into, right before Thor flew into it as well, caught Rulk, and escaped by traveling FTL.

I didn't see him actually fall into the black hole. It seems he was saved before he got there

Avatar image for spectreswrath01
SpectresWrath01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SpectresWrath01

KalTheHokage_2007: I am by no means a big Superman fan but I however do agree that Superman is stronger than Thor physcially. The Hulk is Marvels strongest character (hero wise) and even his strength pales in comparassion to feats Superman has done. And the feats labled here for Thor in terms of strength dont even come close to matching Supermans strength. Not trying to be bias I actually don't think theres that great a gap between these two characters in terms of strength but in comics there are. Superman should be the stronger and faster out of the two. Thor should have the combat skills and magic on his side against Supes. Either way this is a tough fight but Id give it to Superman 6.5 out of 10.

Washuchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Washuchan

I know both Supes and Thor are really tough, but in most of cases the big S will beat thor...it will be a dragged out fight, but Supes has thor's number..depending on which versions we are debating or talking about.. SA superman will be hard to beat god of thunder..thor with odin force, his hammer and armor will give superman a run for his money and one hell of fight..remeber superman fan boys thor with odin force is no pushover...I like how the OP broke this down for us..but i still think that supes is stronger then thor, but thor has more tricks up his sleeve or armor..lol

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By karetaker

these aren't the highest feats for each character i think.only the most commonly used

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Emperorb777

@AsgardianXeno929 said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@AsgardianXeno929 said:

@DangerousLoki said:

This one didn't show for some reason lol

Isn't that Odin Force Thor wouldn't his durability be greater than regular Thor?

Also IIRC Thor's armour is bullet proof.

Road_Rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Road_Rash

theirs to many superman and thor threads on here... i believe their already is a thor vs superman thread like this so why make this one?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#76  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Nice unbiased post man. Both Thor and Superman are created powerful.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DrRenekton
No Caption Provided

@Road_Rash said:

theirs to many superman and thor threads on here... i believe their already is a thor vs superman thread like this so why make this one?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By tensor

I tell you how superman beats thor fast plain an simple.

Thor Greatest power is his hammer ,if he throws it, an superman simples dodge it the fight is over, if he evens try to charge up for his powerful attacks which takes a min he lose,speed an power is what put downs thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consider that Supermans intellect is near unrivaled in the comic book world and Thor is closer to Handicapped than a very smart human. Thor would have trouble with the earliest versions of Superman, the versions capable of wrapping an a nuclear bomb up in his cape and brushing it off like it was nothing. Silver Age Superman wrecks Odin and Galactus at the same time without trying. Post Crisis is debatable because there are yet more sub versions of Superman in the Post Era, but generally we know he can fly at light speed and close black holes with his bare hands. I have not read any of the new 52 comics, they are stupid so I won't ever read them, yet more stupid versions of my favorite comic heroes, I prefer to stick with the older versions when comics were actually good.

When i think "SUPERMAN" I envision the Silver Age Chris R in Superman the movie version. This is SUPERMAN. Totally immune to everything but the highest forms of magic, kryptonite and red sun radiation. Virtually no speed limits or physical limits of any kind. This is SUPERMAN to me. Every other version beyond Silver Age is a stripped version. If Thor were stripped of his powers repeatedly on that severe of a level, most readers will go back to their favorite version from 30+ years ago and say thats the REAL THOR. Just like Silver Age superman is SUPERMAN.

...and Silver Age Supes > damned near every Marvel hero

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Emperorb777

Why wasn't fighting skill and intellect also compared.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jeanroygrant

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

@marvelfanboy: good points. But I still say Thor and Supes are deadlocked. Also Thor has beaten Hulk 3 times btw which is why Hulk will NEVER best supes.

Thor has beaten Hulk once from what i know, what two other times you talking about?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@jashro44: thor got defeated by hulk before, that would never happen to superman

Superman has been defeated by Catwoman, that would never happen to Thor. See what I did there?

Hulk has never beaten Thor, it's either PIS from him lifting Mjolnir or Non Canon.

Thor has one win over Hulk though, one could even argue and debate about it being two.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jeanroygrant

@vuviper said:

@marvelfanboy: You know your point system doesn't really mean anything. No battle is decided by who beat who in some number of criteria. For example, Daredevil is superior to Magneto in speed, strength, durability etc. And Magneto is superior in EM manipulation. Guess who wins?

But Daredevil is not superior to Magneto in anything, but fighting skills, and acrobatics. Magneto is stronger, faster, smarter, more durable.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Gritterr

Great Thread. I usually hate these because people just blindly support their faveorite but this thread has been pretty civil. Did I really read a post that said SA Supes would beat Odin and Galactus at hte same Time???? Really???

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vuviper

@jeanroygrant said:

@vuviper said:

@marvelfanboy: You know your point system doesn't really mean anything. No battle is decided by who beat who in some number of criteria. For example, Daredevil is superior to Magneto in speed, strength, durability etc. And Magneto is superior in EM manipulation. Guess who wins?

But Daredevil is not superior to Magneto in anything, but fighting skills, and acrobatics. Magneto is stronger, faster, smarter, more durable.

I was actually going to put Xavier originally, but i must have gotten distracted halfway :-D

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#86  Edited By Saren

Superman has been defeated by Catwoman, that would never happen to Thor. See what I did there?

Superman has never been defeated by Catwoman......

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Thinkagain

Thor has been shown to do various great feats of strengths but I think this is Marvel's attempt(they do this with several heroes) to revive popularity of the hero. But the feats of strengths when compared to a baseline of feats seem artificial in nature and are explained away as "he's a god."(cop-out imo) Thor and all of asgaard being explained as "gods" is a real flaw in marvel universe.

That said I'm not a superman fan but I've read and know enough about him to realize Thor has no chance against him. Superman 10/10

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Thinkagain

@marvelfanboy said:

Here's the full scan:

No Caption Provided

Ok, the way I interpret this scene(as shown in the pics) Thor was near the black hole but not in it. He saved Red Hulk because he was guided by his hammer which is mystical in nature thus physics and laws of blah blah doesn't apply here. That means this is not a feat of strength but something he was able to do because of the hammer. Now if the hammer was tucked in his belt and he had both hands on Red Hulk I'd say it was an impressive display of strength. But as it is, It's really not impressive at all.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@jashro44: thor got defeated by hulk before, that would never happen to superman

Only because in alot of fights with Hulk,Thor relies on his strength and his strength alone,if Thor used his full array of powers against Hulk every time they got into a fight,Thor would win every time,also don't forget,not only does Thor only rely on his strength most of the time he fights Hulk,he doesn't even use all of it,as its been stated Thor only uses 1/3 of his strength when facing Mortal enemies,so taking this all into account then yeah Hulk is going to have a couple of wins against Thor isn't he,but if Thor used all his strength and all his powers,he would curbstomp Hulk (any version) in a fight all day every/anyday.This is fact.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90  Edited By Killemall

@marvelfanboy: good points. But I still say Thor and Supes are deadlocked. Also Thor has beaten Hulk 3 times btw which is why Hulk will NEVER best supes.

What instances? I know hammer and Snew and Hulk Annual 2001, when else has Thor beaten Hulk? And i am assuming you would not include fear itself, because its a bfr and its technically not even hulk.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Killemall

That made no sense.

Don't remember the issue but Catwoman defeated Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman. True story.

Because catwoman was amped and was warping reality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By 202122

@marvelfanboy: plus one follower

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Killemall said:

That made no sense.

Don't remember the issue but Catwoman defeated Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman. True story.

Oh.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Saren

@Killemall said:

That made no sense.

Oh.

She wasn't amped as such, the fight took place in an illusory world where she (or basically anyone who entered from the outside) could manipulate the surrounding reality to their will. And it wasn't the actual JLA, it was the JLA from that particular world. The real JLA were light years away on Earth.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant: @Killemall:

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

What instances? I know hammer and Snew and Hulk Annual 2001, when else has Thor beaten Hulk? And i am assuming you would not include fear itself, because its a bfr and its technically not even hulk.

Bfr is still considered a win. And that was Nul, its still Hulk just with an amp.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Remi

Lulz how many Superman vs Thor threads do we need?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Killemall

@jeanroygrant: @Killemall:

The first instance doesnt count for two reason, 1 it was professor hulk a weaker incarnation and 2 in Thor 489 he wasnt KOed, because if you considered getting punched without getting KOed a victory, hulk has done so to thor at least 4 times before.

Bfr is still considered a win. And that was Nul, its still Hulk just with an amp.

While BFR is considered a victory, i dont even know why they do so, it does very little to support a character specially in a battle thread so we tend not to count those. And Hulk and Nul are two different character, people would say oh he's amped up version, but then so was Thing and he lost to goddam spiderman. Fear Itself was horrible and i would normally not count that.

Also out of topic, hammer and snew was meant to be a green hulk, we dont even know what happened in the battle, although i did acknoweledge that as a win in my previous post its still iffy.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Saren

@Killemall: Hulk was also intentionally holding back in Thor #489 because he would revert to Banner if he got too angry.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Hulk has never beaten Thor, it's either PIS from him lifting Mjolnir or Non Canon.

Thor has one win over Hulk though, one could even argue and debate about it being two.

true, i take back what i said, hulk really is the joke of marvel