Thor / Superman: Who's Powers / Abilities would you rather have?

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Xanni15: Why do you choose thor?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#452  Edited By Xanni15

@NerdsFTW:

I just like his powers and abilities better, they seem more diverse. He's got all the basic powers you'd want plus even more.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453  Edited By NerdsFTW

Thor.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By sommyt

Thor

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By sommyt

@PunkMastaFlex: thor is everything without the hammer..mu do know that right? ?? Mjolnir only lets him focus his powers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By New_World_Order

Thor.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By Batnandez

Thor just because he yells out cooler things and has mjolnir.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By Army2442

Thor.

He isnt as fast but FTL is fast enough.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#459  Edited By tensor

Superman ,who does not want to be the man of steel.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By SNascimento

Superman of course.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By FiMFTW

Either way you would (probably) be the most powerful thing in the universe and definitely the most powerful on Earth, so does it matter?

I'd personally be Superman, since either way I'm immortal, so after Earth and all humans have died I could spend 15000 years sundipping to bring them back.

Though, 15 Centuries...

That's a lot of BORED.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#462  Edited By TheHulk

Superman. Hulk would be even more ultimate than Hulk is now.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd choose Thor, even though I feel that Superman still has an edge with certain aspect of their powers. I've always wondered who could hold his breathe longer between the two, Thor has more panel feats being in space more than Superman, but Superman has underwater feats which Thor doesn't have.

One thing which intrigues me who has more lung power between the two, and I would give that advantage to Superman. You know, shown in other forms of media besides the comics we see him suck gases and other poisonous liquids which he inhales and blows them off in space.

But we have never seen Thor do that, in fact I think I've seen him being knocked out by gas. Like WTF? Here:

No Caption Provided

You wouldn't expect this from even Wolverine (besides his early fight with Nick Fury), lol

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Without question.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By destinyman75

Thor easily has way more abilities and hax and I like smashing things with hammers, who needs x ray vision when your the thunder god women will show you what you want without being sneaky...plus transmutation and portals hard to beat

Louis lane or sif..sif easily

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

I'm trying to imagine myself with powers of either Thor or Superman and to be honest, I would feel way more comfortable with Superman's powers. Destroying planets, shooting lightning, having ability to teleport, travel around galaxies in seconds and having other magical attacks is cool and all but having the ability to hear or smell everything on the planet, scan electro magnetic spectrum, see stuff microscopic in size, see miles away and see through walls is way more fun and useful than having as much damage output as you can.

Plus having the ability to learn everything you need to know x 1000000 is probably the most useful ability I can have with Superman's powers.

Also flying with the hammer does not seem comfortable at all. When Superman is flying (based on feats in comics plus the way it looks on movies and cartoons) he has way more mobility. He can change direction way easier and can control his momentum in a better way.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would choose the powers of Superman, because that way, I wouldn't need to be holding a hammer in order to have most of my powers. That way, I could have both of my hands free, which could prove important on some situations.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think i already said similar in other thread, perhaps the most relevant variable in this equation is that, with this kind of power/range i would want to know and explore the cosmos, where with Superman powers there is the yellow sun need and with Thor there in not that need...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would choose the powers of Superman, because that way, I wouldn't need to be holding a hammer in order to have most of my powers. That way, I could have both of my hands free, which could prove important on some situations.

Define most?

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Well, Mjolnir grants Thor various powers that he doesn't have on his own, including energy absorption and redirection, and high-speed flight. It also seems to amplify his weather manipulation powers.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By Asgaard

@asgaard: Well, Mjolnir grants Thor various powers that he doesn't have on his own, including energy absorption and redirection, and high-speed flight. It also seems to amplify his weather manipulation powers.

Ok... But i would not qualify that as most... And regarding the weather manipulation, doesn't amplify, the power range is the same, only with the hammer he can canalize/regulate (lightning) attacks better and make it safer for the opponents... Without the hammer Thor's lightning comes with more raw power...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to imagine myself with powers of either Thor or Superman and to be honest, I would feel way more comfortable with Superman's powers. Destroying planets, shooting lightning, having ability to teleport, travel around galaxies in seconds and having other magical attacks is cool and all but having the ability to hear or smell everything on the planet, scan electro magnetic spectrum, see stuff microscopic in size, see miles away and see through walls is way more fun and useful than having as much damage output as you can.

Plus having the ability to learn everything you need to know x 1000000 is probably the most useful ability I can have with Superman's powers.

Also flying with the hammer does not seem comfortable at all. When Superman is flying (based on feats in comics plus the way it looks on movies and cartoons) he has way more mobility. He can change direction way easier and can control his momentum in a better way.

Also with Superman's power set i could sit inside a white dwarf star (pretty sure white and blue are the best for powers for kyroponians) for a few thousand years and pop out as god!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also with Superman's power set i could sit inside a white dwarf star (pretty sure white and blue are the best for powers for kyroponians) for a few thousand years and pop out as god!

I wouldn't but hey, whatever you want :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I wouldn't either actually, i would be unable to already control my powers at normal levels...

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: I actually don't believe Superman can become Skyfather level no matter how much he charges his power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Who knows, i wouldn't want that much power anyway...

Blue/White suns give Supes more powers right? or at least different ones.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: I know Blue Star does something weird but I actually never read or heard about any Kryptonian encountering a white star.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: I know Blue Star does something weird but I actually never read or heard about any Kryptonian encountering a white star.

Hmm, i was wondering what a White star would do, since the younger the star is the more power it seems to give him.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By TheMultiversity

Thor

Think about having his physicals, endurance, physiology, magical energy, earth manipulation, and weather manipulation. Think about how you can train yourself to be as skilled with your weather manipulation as Storm, which would allow levitation/flight, and more. That's without you even carrying the hammer and getting it's additional power and abilities.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily Thor

He has the coolest stuff and much more variance imagine how cool it would be to just be able to control the weather with a thought. Or if some shit is about to go down and you're in the middle of it then Mjolnir just appears out of nowhere with a huge lightning bolt around you then you're just standing there like a beast. Weather manip is just cool af and you also have a huge hammer to smash with. Then the other strength, durability live for thousands of years and flight etc his powerset is great.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Their base powers are very similar, Godly Strength, Durability, Plasma Energy Projections etc.....But Thor has more versatility and Supes has actual Super Speed and isn't usually reliant on a Weapon like Thor..
  • Hmmm..Id flip a coin...So my answer is either one.
titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By titing2101

Thor :D

summoning rain fast enough to soak those highschool/college girls in uniforms.. lol.

kidding aside. THor

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immortality

The power to control the weather

Hear the prayers of anyone in the known universe

Destroying planets with a single swing of my hammer

Tossing massive planet-sized objects through space with ease

Surviving supernova-level detonation with complete ease

Opening portals to anywhere I like anytime

Dimensional Travel

Molecular manipulation

Allspeak-The ability to speak any language of anyone

Healing factor

Flight

Lightspeed reflexes

Self-sustenance

Memory alteration

Energy absorption and redirection

Barrier creation

Magical nullification

Ressurection

In short

QUITE LITERALLY BEING A GOD

I choose the powers of Thor.

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

CapSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486  Edited By CapSid

People who think superman's powerset is useful are either dont want to know about thors powerset or simply love superman.

First of all,thor have almost of the superman powers.

#Both have superstrength.

#Superman is more intelligent than thor,but thor have much more knowledge than superman.

#Thor is fast(even faster than superman in travel speed),when comes to reflexes and combat speed ,thor can clearly percieve ego moving in Hyperspave which means 5000×ftl,so i think superman is faster than thor interms of reflexes but not by large margin.

And i have seen some fools commenting "If i will be thor,then i would become slow".😂😂😂I dont even know what to call them.Just becasue he was tagged by some low tier characters doesnt imply thor is a slow character.Unlike Tom breevort ,according to whom thor is just god for name sake,Stan lee himself stated he selected Thor from Norse mythology.So,he is a f#g real GOD!!These dumb a##holes are trolling thor all the time without even caring any sh#t about tons of his other speed feats!!Thor's speed is rated as 7/7,unlike gladiator-6/7,captain marvel-5/7,sentry-5/7,hyperion-6/7, and in marvel official page, his basic powerset include Superhuman reflexes,superhuman speed,superhuman senses!!

A God can never be slower than fu#g mortals or mutants ,atleast Stan lee created thor to be better ,stronger hero than hulk,and he also stated he created thor as marvel's answer to Superman,as he said,we can find tons of superman level speed feats in Stan lee's comics of thor,but these dumb haters dont even care any f#k about them!even in Latest War of realmes series ,unworthy thor series, we can find many feats of thor moving in ligthtning speed!!And nobody cares them!!!

These Dumb haters dont even know to respect a superhero who was created intentionally!!!

#Superman have freeze breathe,Thor have hurrican breathe, ,he can also control temperature and weather of his surroundings!There are even plenty of feats of thor creating ice storms and snow storms!

#Superman have supersenses(supervision,xray vision,etc),Even thor have Godly senses.And i found a website (Screenrant) stating Thor'S godly senses are arguably better than superman's senses!

#Superman have heat vision,Thor have Antiforce blast(dont under estimate it,antiblast killed Thanosi a clone of thanos ),or Thermoblast.

#Now,lets discuss about thor's additional abilities-

#Lightning manuplation, Earth manuplation (includes control over plants,water bodies to some extent,can create earthquakes on his own wish),Weather manuplation(can summon rains,Rain fires, stroms,can change temperature of his surrounding to extreme cool or extreme hot,he can even freeze things or heat things), Wind manuplation(can summon cyclones,tornadoes,can change direction of wind flowing all over earth,if not universe),

#Matter manuplation and transmutation ,Elemental powers(control over fire,earth,air and water),Energy manuplation, can absorb any kind of energy and can drain life forces with mjolnir,as i already said-Antimatter manuplation, Time manuplation (slowing down time to some extent,though thor sacrificed this abilitiy, thor still performed time manuplation twice in modern days),

#And my favorite one is -Able to teleport everywhere in the universe, by swinging mjolnir,he can open portals to any size , to whereever he wants to go and most interesting thing is he can even banish/teleport his enemies to whereever he wants without even them noticing

,#Also,Thermoforce manuplation, thor also shown having power of Intangibility and invinsibility (by mjolnir) and mjolnir can even turn others intabgible,

#He also have knowledge of some sorcery as he grew up with the great Loki,means he can nullify magical effects,he can cast few illusions and even know to use few set of magical spells,

#He becomes stronger and more powerful as time passes day by day,year by year,century by century,..etc..

And believe me,still i missed many things!!

How can someone acknowledge about these many powers and simply comment "thor has nothing without hammer and lightning!"????

If anyone finds my post as a wank,please visit Thor respect threads in Comicvine!U will come to know,how versatile thor is!