Thor's power without mjolnir?

Avatar image for deactivated-6022d32c2b56e
deactivated-6022d32c2b56e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

what powers does thor have without his hammer? I read somewhere that he had some power within that he diidnt know about but im not sure.. so what can thor do wit out his mallet or what ever he calls it

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJ62

Super strength and weather manipulation. Iirc, everything else derives from the hammer called Mjolnir.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Basically he's the same just all his powers are sorta nerfed and he can't fly.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super strength, speed, reaction time, virtual immortality, invulnerability, electricity control( absorption projection) weather control, invulnerability, Superhuman senses, the All speak, Superhuman regeneration(healing) and the ability to travel in between dimensions.

he's a god their might be some powers i missed.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kramotz

So he's technically Hercules without Mjolnir?

Praetor_fenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Hecules + Nerfed weather manipulation (Mjolnir does amplify his natural abilities).

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

So he's technically Hercules without Mjolnir?

Hercules with mystical weather control.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz: He's basically Hercules + weather manipulation, except he's not as skilled.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJ62

I'd also argue that Hercules is just a tad stronger than Thor. But that's getting off topic...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The hammer is more for focus than anything else tho it does amp his abilities some

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Super strength, speed, reaction time, virtual immortality, invulnerability, electricity control( absorption projection) weather control, invulnerability, Superhuman senses, the All speak, Superhuman regeneration(healing) and the ability to travel in between dimensions.

he's a god their might be some powers i missed.

Thor has super senses? Really?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: They aren't extreme like Superman's sight and hearing but they are well beyond normal human

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

plus he's dead sexy with his shirt off !

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mynamewasdeleted: So am I in the right lighting. (by right lighting I mean lights turned off)

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alligatian

He is known to fly without his hammer sometimes, like here we see him flying in space with Iron-Man:

No Caption Provided

After he tosses his hammer you see him fly through the ship with Iron-Man so maybe this shows something

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alligatian: He always has his hammer attached to somewhere his body on those scans, and even if he once had the ability to fly it's retconned.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lava hands.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By destinyman75

Thor can fly without the hammer just not as fast. Weather abilities, strength durability both the same, and can absorb energy etc

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has been shown to hover and some times fly without his hammer(these showings are really few tho).

It should be something he easily does since he uses his control over wind to propel ships at FTL speed, and a weaker storm God Kelda uses her power over wind to fly, (same with storm). But really depends on the writer, and most prefer him to be grounded

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alligatian: He always has his hammer attached to somewhere his body on those scans, and even if he once had the ability to fly it's retconned.

Not this scan though, but I agree that in most cases when he is flying or levitating he has his hammer attached to his belt

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what powers does thor have without his hammer? I read somewhere that he had some power within that he diidnt know about but im not sure.. so what can thor do wit out his mallet or what ever he calls it

Not to trying to re-bump this thread but here's a recent thread that can answer all your questions:

heavyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By heavyone

I just read the latest Thor (Digital Comic) which tells the origin of Mjolnir. That would suggest that all of the weather related powers emanate from Mjolnir and not Thor. Th origin tells that Odin trapped a huge universe-wide storm within a hunk of Uru, and had it forged into a hammer by dwarves, who almost could not get it done. Thor is strong, and he is of a race of long-lived Asgardians, but beyond that....Flight, Thunder, etc... come from the Might Mallet from the man with a Mullet!

Widowblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC Thor is still I think probably the second-strongest Asgardian. The official stats I saw on old Marvel stuff showed that he has a higher strength rating than Odin but when they fought Odin was shown to be stronger. Also he has super-durability. The official stats say that Asgardians, unlike Olympians do age but one time I saw a panel showing Thor and the Warriors Three getting shot with some kind of aging ray and it didn't work on them. So maybe they don't age. Sometimes he has been shown to do weather-control or at least shooting lightning from his hands, without his hammer. I don't think he can do super-speed. Most times he's shown to be slower than his enemy when the matter comes up.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alligatian

Flying.....

No Caption Provided

hmmmm

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's still a beast with or without Mjolnir

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that book isnt even canon. Hulk was getting hurt by arrows in it and Thor got badly injured from that fall, so yeah...

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alligatian

This will help

And when it comes to flying....let's see:

No Caption Provided

Nah folks I'm just kidding he actually has his hammer here it's just that's blocked or cropped out by the Marvel writers but here's a scan where he is seen "in the air" carrying a sword (and not his hammer) fighting some dragon while the Hulk is grounded in this comic cover:

No Caption Provided

hmmm

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's still a beast with or without Mjolnir

Agreed, not to many people realize it because he is so well known being the guy who swings his hammer and bashes things/people with it. But there's actually a thread I made completely dedicated to him where I post feats where he doesn't use his hammer in fights and here's the link:

And it's not your typical Thor respect thread considering I post issue numbers, contexts behind the events on the scans I post and as well as post covers of the comic in ALL the scans that are posted there. With feats of Thor

a) Literally flying (not levitating) without the aid of his hammer in a limbo dimension in search of his hammer

b) Leaping very high without the aid of his hammer (think Superman leaping tall buildings or the Hulk's massive jumps)

c) Flying in space without his hammer (well, usually his hammer is tucked inside his belt)

d) Levitating without his hammer (sometimes having his hammer tucked inside his belt)

e) Strength feats without his hammer

f) Durability against fire, intense heat, extreme cold, lasers, cosmic blasts, bullets, cutting weapons like axes, machine guns and even being hit by his own lightning on 2 separate occasions and shrugging it off

g) Summoning the weather without his hammer

h) Resistance to poison from a Dark Lord and his goddess known to rival Odin that was known to kill gods and turn them into stones

i) Resistance to toxic poisons like gas

j) Captain America breaking his hand after punching Thor on the jaw

k) And of course brawling without his hammer

Some of theses feats have been seen online before and some have never, and the thread has gotten very positive reviews from the Viners and it's worth the check out.