Thor's metalic arm has it's uses (Spoilers)

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

For starters people don't like Thor having one arm, to me it doesn't really matter, he's badass with it (makes him look even more warrior like), and it has it's own advantages.One being it is made of the same metal as his hammer, uru, meaning it's extremely durable. More so than Thor. In Thor #4 it was shown that he was capable of blocking the new Thor hitting it with Mjolnir. He used it as a form of shield. This can come in handy when Thor is being struck with something with great strength. Another thing that's possible is the uru arm can be used to amplify Thor's striking power, making him deliver more stronger blows. Would be good to replace his hammer's striking power, although it won't be as good. What do you guys think? Also his metallic arm is going to be here for a while anyways, as Malekith incinerated his real arm. (Doesn't make sense since Thor has been in the sun) Although seeing as Malekith knows magic, it could have been an illusion. That would make the most sense. What does everyone else think?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Still don't like the way it looks. I'm not really a fan though so it doesn't affect me.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Bucky can form a support group for people with metal super-arms! Although it will cause Thor some problems going through airport metal detectors...

I think it looks cool, but I don't think its here to stay either.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Sorry for the late response. Yeah he looks more like a warrior to me.

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: Thor doesn't fly airlines!

He drives, it may take longer but sure beats airport security.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You mean the Uru arm that took a thousand dwarves a thousand dwarf hours with a thousand body fleas each to create? That one? Meh, it's okay. It's no Mjolnir, right lads? (and lasses)

Seriously though, in my opinion it is way too soon to determine what it can or cannot do. Based on Thor's last issue, it does appear to be strong but as things stand at the moment, I'm not too sure what is what when it comes to powers and strength abilities of anyone any more, let alone body parts or lack/addition thereof. I would prefer it mean something more than just a cool visual thing.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't like the fact that he even needs one.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they do a stop hitting yourself joke with magneto

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'm a bit ambivalent about Thor's, or as he is currently being called:The Odinson, only having one arm. I mean it's already bad enough for him that he is no longer worthy to wield his beloved Mjolnir and the title Thor, then chop off his arm? C'mon, give the poor guy a break. Anyway, this isn't the first time Thor has lost his arm. Remember when he lost it in battle with Hulk and Thing?? Well obviously he grew it back. I also heard he can regenerate limbs, BUT to regenerate his limbs he uses the magic from Mjolnir, which he currently is not worthy to wield. So if he ever does become worthy once more he will be able to gain back his arm. As for the new female Thor, I like her. If this is a permanent thing I honestly wouldn't mind she's awesome and IMO would serve old Thor honor.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
No Caption Provided

Give edward elric a beard and some steroids and he is current thor........

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

I really hope they do a stop hitting yourself joke with magneto

I should draw this. I don't think that would be possible, canon wise, although I might be mistaken. I'm looking into this.

edit: Look what I found:

No Caption Provided

This too:

No Caption Provided

Now to find out if someone has already drawn what you suggested.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thor with metallic arm is lame and feels generic. I mean so many characters try to look cool with metallic arm but it feels stupid. I mean old Thor is more cool, strong and badass

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Rocket will steal Thor's and Bucky's arms for no reason other than to laugh about it.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: awesome I really hope it comes to fruition

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket will steal Thor's and Bucky's arms for no reason other than to laugh about it.

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Future Thor!

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola:

Just when I thought your Superhero text messages were the funniest thing I've seen all day.

BAM!

You blow them out of the water with that incredibly detailed Magneto vs Thor battle illustration!

I tip my hat to you, well done!

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Let me know when he installs a harpoon.

No Caption Provided

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Thor, first his lost his 'hammer' then he lost his 'job', then his name and he even lost his arm.

And he can't even become a boozer since his Asgardian and they can drink like a sieve... I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For starters people don't like Thor having one arm, to me it doesn't really matter, he's badass with it (makes him look even more warrior like), and it has it's own advantages.One being it is made of the same metal as his hammer, uru, meaning it's extremely durable. More so than Thor. In Thor #4 it was shown that he was capable of blocking the new Thor hitting it with Mjolnir. He used it as a form of shield. This can come in handy when Thor is being struck with something with great strength. Another thing that's possible is the uru arm can be used to amplify Thor's striking power, making him deliver more stronger blows. Would be good to replace his hammer's striking power, although it won't be as good. What do you guys think? Also his metallic arm is going to be here for a while anyways, as Malekith incinerated his real arm. (Doesn't make sense since Thor has been in the sun) Although seeing as Malekith knows magic, it could have been an illusion. That would make the most sense. What does everyone else think?

When Thor is 'worthy' and has Mjolnir, it grants him some kind of protection, like an aura. Matter Manipulators have less effect on him like Silver Surfer, and he is more resistant to magic as well. That would explain why he could go through the sun before, but his severed arm no longer can.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom said:

When Thor is 'worthy' and has Mjolnir, it grants him some kind of protection, like an aura. Matter Manipulators have less effect on him like Silver Surfer, and he is more resistant to magic as well. That would explain why he could go through the sun before, but his severed arm no longer can.

That's not true, because in the fight against Gorr, Young Thor who doesn't have Mjolnir was fighting in the sun too.