Thor's best feats of strength

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some of his most impressive feats of strength?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifting a serpent coiled around Earth? Which isn't that impressive when you think about it.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: It was at least equal to the weight of the earth.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SheenLantern
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt: Yeah I'm not sure about that.. The Earth weighs 6.6 sextillion tons (6,600,000,000,000,000,000,000). I don't think Thor is THAT strong.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MonsterStomp

@z3ro180 said:

@monsterstomp: how is that not impressive ?

Well if the snake was coiled around the Earth and Thor pulled it off, the Earth should have been wasted. Unless, of course, the snake wasn't gripping on very tight at all.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: it is a good feat it's just your over thinking it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I would say that holding up asgard (w/brb) is up there in strength feats.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It was pretty big.

No Caption Provided

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: The universe would have been decimated if we used real logic

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifting a serpent coiled around Earth? Which isn't that impressive when you think about it.

naaaah, I do that all the time.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Spideysense44

every time he picks up that heavy a** hammer

leopryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He once lifted the Odinsword and hurled it through Arishem the Celestial.

And he was weakened too. :)

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably the arm wrestling match with Hercules that was generating enough power to knock the planet off its axis.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

depends which strength you want. pure strength or striking power.

anyways I won't go into thor's striking feats cuz there's too many but some of thor's greatest pure strength feats include

Lifting millions of tons, crumbling Uru to dust and pushing the Leaning Tower of Pisa with a finger
Lifting the continent of Asgard with assistance from Beta Ray Bill. Bill was doing most of the work of course.
Lifting the continent of Asgard with assistance from Beta Ray Bill. Bill was doing most of the work of course.
Pushing the World Engine that reverses the World Tree Yggdrasil holding the Nine Realms

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about you guys but I found this impressing:

No Caption Provided

This right here makes me think of Superman, sorry just had to post this:

No Caption Provided

emmanuelalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lifting a serpent.

Is that even a feat??

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmanuelalake: The serpent was large enough to wrap itself around earth multiple times and strong enough crush the life out of it

emmanuelalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By emmanuelalake

Lemme say the serpent weigh Quarter or Nigh half of earth

KwasiD2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KwasiD2k

NVM

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: haha yea not impressive at all i lift that weight everytime I take a piss

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say yanking the world serpent free of earth was his greatest feat of strength.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought that snake thingy was debunked a long time ago

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: the serpent feat got debunked a long time ago.

copy and paste

#12 Posted by jashro44 (42046 posts) - 4 years, 4 months ago - Show Bio

DECONSTRUCTING THOR'S "MIDGARD SERPENT LIFTING" FEAT

As a number of posters on this site are aware, this particular feat of Thor has oft been used by Thorbags to insinuate that Thor's upperlimit in terms of physical strength is on a planetary scale :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757795-thorliftstheserpent.jpg

However, what Thor did there , and what a number of people on the battle forums have passed it to be , is similar to the assertion that Superman is capable of blowing planets with his heat vision, or holding them in his hand , based on these scans , where he is in the New Gods world, interacting with the normal(mainstream DC) universe . Similar statements regarding the New Gods can be made as well , based on this scaling up phenomenon :

Now , to begin with , the Serpent didn't encoil Earth in normal space , it went into the Void(notice its size in Asgard-space , nowhere near continent , country or even city wide) :

No Caption Provided

Again , here the Serpent is mentioned to be in its ethereal form , in the regular Earth-Space :

No Caption Provided

That's why , as Thor mentions here , he'll have to venture to Asgard to deal with the Serpent there , as it was crushing Earth in normal space :

No Caption Provided

Once there , Thor coerces Hamir the Giant to help him travel by the former's ship to the Void between Earth and Asgard and uses the Hamir's Bull as a bait to fish out the Serpent :

Now that all concerned parties are in the Void , its made (painfully so for the Thorbags) clear that the Serpent is nowhere near continent sized(let alone of planetary proportions) . In fact its of normal monstrous proportions relative to even Thor himself :

In fact it is essentially stated by the narrative here that in the Void , space and time don't operate normally :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757859-voidsspacetimeunnatural.png

Within the context of Thor # 327(in which the above discussed feat takes place) , the Void(like the differently scaled New Gods Dimension that I showed as an analogical reference point in the beginning of my post) between Asgard-space and Earth-space doesn't follow the normal rules of space-time . Hence why despite being big enough to wrap up the whole planet within its coils while in the Void , the Midgard Serpent was still relatively small enough for Thor to use a mouth-fitting bull to fish it off from Earth . This is why the Serpent is , in proportion to Thor , roughly as big as what a Pleistocene era sea monster would be in comparison to a normal man .

To sum up : this feat is far less than what its been made out to be for so many years on the Comicvine Battle Forums . Its not even close to planetary-level strength .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theorder14: How is that debunked though, he lifted a serpent wrapped around earth and crushing earth. I don't feel like reading all that

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Theorder14

@jayc1324 said:

@theorder14: How is that debunked though, he lifted a serpent wrapped around earth and crushing earth. I don't feel like reading all that

It's because the serpent didn't coil the earth in normal time and space. Normal laws doesn't apply. Thor had to go to asgard and deal with it there while the etheral form of the seprent attempted to crush earth. It wasn't even that much text tbh. Just takes a few minutes to read at most >.>

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: turns out that the snake didnt really envelop the earth. It was the astral mumbo jumbo form. Thor went to another dimension where the snake is building sized to move it there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

It's because the serpent didn't coil the earth in normal time and space. Normal laws doesn't apply. Thor had to go to asgard and deal with it there while the etheral form of the seprent attempted to crush earth. It wasn't even that much text tbh. Just takes a few minutes to read at most >.>

@jayc1324: turns out that the snake didnt really envelop the earth. It was the astral mumbo jumbo form. Thor went to another dimension where the snake is building sized to move it there.

Ah I see, thanks for the concise explanation

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Void-X

@jayc1324 said:

The fact that the serpent transversed two dimensions makes no difference. Thor has always had to traverse dimensions when traveling from Midgard to Asgard. The serpent's ethereal nature was mentioned a few times in that book. Also, the actual weight of the world serpent had nothing to do with the feat of strength. The creature was crushing earth slowly in its grip. Thor was able to yank loose a creature that was crushing earth.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Shotting Abomination.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void-x said:
@theorder14 said:
@jayc1324 said:

The fact that the serpent transversed two dimensions makes no difference. Thor has always had to traverse dimensions when traveling from Midgard to Asgard. The serpent's ethereal nature was mentioned a few times in that book. Also, the actual weight of the world serpent had nothing to do with the feat of strength. The creature was crushing earth slowly in its grip. Thor was able to yank loose a creature that was crushing earth.

We got to see the size of the serpent in asgard and it wasn't nearly as big as a planet there. It was also stated that the space and time between the two dimensions works differently.

#12 Posted by jashro44 (42046 posts) - 4 years, 4 months ago - Show Bio

DECONSTRUCTING THOR'S "MIDGARD SERPENT LIFTING" FEAT

As a number of posters on this site are aware, this particular feat of Thor has oft been used by Thorbags to insinuate that Thor's upperlimit in terms of physical strength is on a planetary scale :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757795-thorliftstheserpent.jpg

However, what Thor did there , and what a number of people on the battle forums have passed it to be , is similar to the assertion that Superman is capable of blowing planets with his heat vision, or holding them in his hand , based on these scans , where he is in the New Gods world, interacting with the normal(mainstream DC) universe . Similar statements regarding the New Gods can be made as well , based on this scaling up phenomenon :

Now , to begin with , the Serpent didn't encoil Earth in normal space , it went into the Void(notice its size in Asgard-space , nowhere near continent , country or even city wide) :

No Caption Provided

Again , here the Serpent is mentioned to be in its ethereal form , in the regular Earth-Space :

No Caption Provided

That's why , as Thor mentions here , he'll have to venture to Asgard to deal with the Serpent there , as it was crushing Earth in normal space :

No Caption Provided

Once there , Thor coerces Hamir the Giant to help him travel by the former's ship to the Void between Earth and Asgard and uses the Hamir's Bull as a bait to fish out the Serpent :

Now that all concerned parties are in the Void , its made (painfully so for the Thorbags) clear that the Serpent is nowhere near continent sized(let alone of planetary proportions) . In fact its of normal monstrous proportions relative to even Thor himself :

In fact it is essentially stated by the narrative here that in the Void , space and time don't operate normally :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757859-voidsspacetimeunnatural.png

Within the context of Thor # 327(in which the above discussed feat takes place) , the Void(like the differently scaled New Gods Dimension that I showed as an analogical reference point in the beginning of my post) between Asgard-space and Earth-space doesn't follow the normal rules of space-time . Hence why despite being big enough to wrap up the whole planet within its coils while in the Void , the Midgard Serpent was still relatively small enough for Thor to use a mouth-fitting bull to fish it off from Earth . This is why the Serpent is , in proportion to Thor , roughly as big as what a Pleistocene era sea monster would be in comparison to a normal man .

To sum up : this feat is far less than what its been made out to be for so many years on the Comicvine Battle Forums . Its not even close to planetary-level strength .

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void-x said:
@theorder14 said:
@jayc1324 said:

We got to see the size of the serpent in asgard and it wasn't nearly as big as a planet there.

To which I previously responded,

@void-x said:

Also, the actual weight of the world serpent had nothing to do with the feat of strength. The creature was crushing earth slowly in its grip. Thor was able to yank loose a creature that was crushing earth.

No Caption Provided

It was also stated that the space and time between the two dimensions works differently.

And that literally has nothing to do with anything. I already mentioned that Thor travelling from Earth to Asgard is considered a time travel/dimensional travel thing.

@void-x said:

The fact that the serpent transversed two dimensions makes no difference. Thor has always had to traverse dimensions when traveling from Midgard to Asgard. The serpent's ethereal nature was mentioned a few times in that book.

Notice the Beyonder moving seamlessly from one dimension to the next. Asgard is mentioned as one of those dimensional planes that is separate from earth's dimensional plane so no surprises here

No Caption Provided

The serpent was spoken of as traversing both dimensional planes. Despite all that, the effects of the serpent on earth were real, as seen below

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even though the serpent is in ethereal form, its real effect on earth is tangible and would've resulted in earth being crushed had Thor not yanked the creature away from earth. This isn't the first time Thor has feats of strength on a planetary level

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Besides all that, Thor has busted a planet

No Caption Provided

I think Thor is stronger than people give him credit for