• 51 results
#1 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

If these two characters were to fight who would you vote for to win and why do u vote for them

#2 Posted by Immortal777 (5914 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Only because Hal is a douche and for reasons I cant explain I don't like him.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal. He beat krona.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Hal. He beat krona.

not to mention way cooler

#5 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it who would win? Or who you want to win?

I would want GL to win

#6 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

I would vote for a tie. Thor is my 2nd favorite Marvel character and GL is either my 1st or 2nd favorite DC character.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Since it's both, I would say that Thor would probably win in a fight. But I would like Hal to win

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@allstarsuperman: Id agree with that. I've always loved GLs

tbh, I only really like/know Hal and Sinestro. Kyle is ok, but john and guy suck.

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I love John. Guy has never really been given a fair shake IMO. all he needs us a good writer to care about him. And Kyle is cool IMO.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@allstarsuperman: I love John. Guy has never really been given a fair shake IMO. all he needs us a good writer to care about him. And Kyle is cool IMO.

really? I hate john the most? Guy was cool in War of the Green lanterns, and the little ive read of Kyle in new guardians was good. but to me john is a bore

#13 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: @allstarsuperman: john is cool Nd guy just beat the crap out of atrocitus couple of issues back alan cool really all lanterns are cool especially the blue

#14 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: There is a story called "passing the torch" that I would suggest. It was the first John Stewart comic I'd ever read and he was sooooo cool in it. I really felt like i was reading an architect marine. His constructs were badass and so was he.

#16 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21:

Guy beat the crap out of Atrocitus: A lot of people claim that's PIS, apparently Atrocitus (with out a ring) still beat Hal and Sinestro in a fight, IIRC. Guy was cool in War of the Green Lanterns, but almost everywhere else he is meh.

Alan Scott: I only know him from Earth 2, but he is okay. I know that preflashpoint he pretty much soloed the earth.

Kyle: He is cool from what I have read. I have read New Guardians when he is learning all the different emotions to become a White Lantern.

John: He has the personality of a rock. and his backstory seems not that interesting.

#17 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by kgb725 (3417 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor for both

#20 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: idk why thats pis look at what batman dose yet that not pis but let another lantern beat aother bc its pis

#21 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: I get what your saying about batman, Its because he's Batgod and does insanely PISy things all the time. but about GL, If a depowered Atrocitus can take out Sinestro and Hal (with rings), then why should a normal powered Atrocitus be beaten by Guy? If both Sinestro and Hal >> Guy, how is Guy supposed to win?

#22 Posted by patrat18 (6746 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#23 Posted by russellmania77 (13605 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#24 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#25 Edited by JwwProd (7140 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan.

#26 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. Yo.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd vote for Thor to win, Lanterns don't do very well against powerhouses. But I want Hal to win, cause I like him more.

#29 Edited by MonsterStomp (13143 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: True. Though if by powerhouses you mean Wonder Woman and Superman who move like bullets compared to Thor, than I'd disagree.

#31 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: idk guy is good he took out superman before and thats when superman was crazy

#32 Edited by MatteoPG (1615 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor would take it, but not every time. Hal can win if he handles himself well and tries to not take direct blows.

#33 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: ok it was the older comucs it were good issues from wht i rexall

#36 Posted by Dernman (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

John: He has the personality of a rock. and his backstory seems not that interesting.

Aren't you being a little harsh in the comparison? Be reasonable it's not boring it's just that they haven't fully explored the rock's personality in comics.

#37 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Aren't you being a little harsh in the comparison? Be reasonable it's not boring it's just that they haven't fully explored the rock's personality in comics.

#38 Posted by Dernman (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I was joking. I was using a common response to the John being boring comment but applying it to a rock suggesting John is even more boring than a rock.

#39 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I was joking. I was using a common response to the John being boring comment but applying it to a rock suggesting John is even more boring than a rock.

oh, well I just don't find him appealing, he is above simon baz though. I didn't watch justice league that much as a kid so Im not used to john I guess.

#40 Posted by Dernman (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

oh, well I just don't find him appealing, he is above simon baz though. I didn't watch justice league that much as a kid so Im not used to john I guess.

I'd get rid of Simon Baz before I'd get rid of John myself. I was not for them creating another Green Lantern from Earth at all.

#41 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I'd get rid of Simon Baz before I'd get rid of John myself. I was not for them creating another Green Lantern from Earth at all.

yup, and only a few months after simon baz were getting a girl lantern in forever evil

#42 Posted by Dernman (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

yup, and only a few months after simon baz were getting a girl lantern in forever evil

Ugh I was hoping that was just a rumor. Sigh they're really stretching it thin.

#43 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: yup, Hal should just give everyone on earth a ring, then the superheroes arnt need.

#44 Edited by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: hey the issue i told u were guy beat supes was in the eclypso saga elipso possed superman and guy had sinestro ring at the time guy took sun portions threw it on superman then threw him into a volcano and eclipso was cast out it was a very good series it proves guy badassness

#45 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: that sounds awesome. do you have the title and issue number?

#46 Edited by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: This is just like in DBZ when, after about ten year ilof dragon ball then the piccolo saga then the Saiyan saga then the Frieda saga, we finnnally saw goji become the legendary super Saiyan....then three episodes later we have a random teenager turn into a super Saiyan like it was nothing. Effectively devauleing the entire transformation. DC is totally devaluing being a GL. I think the four main ones were too much but I liked them all so I could live with it. But this is just too much. We have decades of the lanterns doing incredible things with very very few limits....then Simon shows up and does something neither Hal nor Sinestro could do....thereby totally dvalueing everything any lantern before Simon had accomplished with the ring....WTH is wrong with DC?!?!

#48 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: what did simon do that was so important?

#50 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: He healed his friend out of a coma. It was said thr healing simeone with the ring was impossible but he did it after a few panels of grunting