Thor is way more overpower then superman who needs more respect.

• 69 results
Graysonfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Graysonfan11

Ok im realy sick of threads saying supes is overpower but thor can still beat him and if you can beat a overpowerd does that not make you overpowerd?Sure thor has magic but i mean supes is pretty unpredicatble over the years their has neven been a real truth to the awnser how strong is supes he has changed to picking up cards with two hands to picking up mountains with one. Thor on the other hand(being my 4 fav marvel character) is practically a god something similar to darksied who has matched superman.Im not sure but some comics thor is considered unkillable(though hulk thinks otherwise :D) His hammer is pretty much marvels version of a green lantern ring which our both though to be the strngest weapons in their universes.My prob with thor fans is that they say supes is overpower but thor can beat him.Thor has as much powers as supes. Both have super strenght,speed,durablity and healing. Thos lightning is pretty much equal to super mans heat vison. Though yes supes has super breath but thor can control weather it self he could make it hail on one specific persons head.Dc and marvel have both agreed superman can beat hulk yet thor has always matched him (but their is that time where thor killed hulk by breaking his neck but to be fair that was toatly new i mean thor could of always done that when he though hulk just a blind monsters but he dint and got his butthanded to him) Thor changes alot to hes snapped hulks neck in which he has never done before yes you could say he held back bu in a comic he had no idea of banned and could of killed hulk like other monsters but he dint its new.it diffrent with supes like is said earlier he has changed over the years meaning the limit of his true powers can not be estimated.Thor is a warrior who has killed many supes is a watchful gurdian who beleive death makes you no better.And when supes and thor fought in that comic we all know that was just fixed it would of been a much harder fight meaning either side could win.Not to sound harsh but wonder woman and martian manunter could kill the hulk and superman has proven hes better then both even when holding back. The fact is thor fan get overyour self supes is prety over powerd but to say a god that has all his powers and more is being stupid.Thier both great character superman isnt boring he fight a guy made of his weakness and sometime his own kind he is as interesting as the other heroes even bats.Thor is just marvels version of the actual legendary god so their both so awesome.and for the record you bat fans that say batman is better then superman imagine whould you love to be more loved then one of your closet friends and take all his glory?so just saying supes is a decent character who deserves more respect from the people he made so happy no offense but with out supes we would all be reading manga :D k peace guys and remeber It a bird no it a plane no it SUPERMAN!

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Thor is 'overpowered'. But I still like him more than Superman. I don't know why. Maybe it's the epic feeling of having Gods as characters... maybe it's because Thor's more willing to kill. Superman does deserve more respect though.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

Thor just has more fanboys.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, there's no way I'm reading all that, second; How are Thor or Superman overpowered?

Yeah, they'd be overpowered if they were fighting Spider-Man villains all the time, but they aren't, they're fighting galactic cosmic threats, and they get their asses handed to them many times.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 SC  Moderator

Are you sure your problem isn't with hypocrites? I am a Thor fan, and I am a fan of Superman albeit to a lesser extent, I am also a fan of Galactus and Morpheus of Sandman. I don't think any of these characters are overpowered at all.

That and usually when a person talks about a character being overpowered its as far as their own projected idea of how or what a character should be but that characters actual nature being more than what they either find preferential or believable, which are fair terms but also pretty subjective on account of the whole being fictional thing. Hence why I actually personally think the term overpowered is a useless concept in discussing fiction and that talking about consistency, and creativity far superior as far as covering ground that pros and cons of supposedly being overpowered or underpowered cover.

Also a lot of the time when people talk of overpowered characters that seem to actually mean popular or inconsistent characters. Often those two concepts can overlap, like Superman and Wolverine. Both Superman and Wolverine get their butts kicked all the time, but also a lot of the time, both those heroes get shining moments in stories that let them accomplish something hardly any other characters will get to accomplish and its usually on account of the writer being a fan or a writer being smart enough to know that writing the character that way will prompt plenty of positive reaction in fans. They do too, albeit it can polarize fans too (hence why Superman and Wolverine can often draw criticism due to the nature of their powers) and all characters get this to a degree but sometimes the balance can be dependent on the writer or popularity of the character. Also its not so black and white, Thor might get beat up a lot in Marvel events but he usually still gets some cool moments too, and he still gets treated better than say Wonder Man, and arguably Hulk gets treated "better" than both due to popularity but Thor also gets to do well because of popularity too, and look at poor Thing? That guy always get smashed around and hardly ever gets any wicked cool moments as far as power (pah personality who cares about that right?). Namor use to be Marvels premier powerhouse but hasn't been for ages, times change characters depiction does too. In 5 years might be different. In 10 years might change again. Superman will probably always have a certain popularity advantage that a character like Wonder Man can't contend with but also means that he will also be beat up a lot more too. Just depends really. So in short overpowered isn't the same as popular isn't that same as beatable isn't the same as favoritism isn't the same as inconsistency. All good things a fan should consider when thinking of their personal favorite fictional characters and the fictional abilities of those fictional characters who aren't real but fictional.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm afraid you need to read up on your Hulk for starters. You seem to have a lack of knowledge about the character...just for the record WW would end up like hamburger meat if sh fought Hulk....or Superman, or Thor for that matter. She just doesent have the strength feats to match up.

Anyways, it's just because Thor has more fanboys than Superman or Hulk.

The problem with fanboys is, that most of them seem to think that if character A beats character B that character A WILL ALWAYS beat character B.

This is just not true, seeing as Hulk has beaten Thor on many different occasions while Thor has defeated Hulk quite a few times as well. You can make up whatever excuses you want, it doesent change the fact that Thor has defeated Hulk many times, and Hulk has also beaten Thor on several different occasions as well.

So, to answer the question. Yes, Thor and Hulk are both CAPABLE of beating Superman.

But, Superman would defeat them both more often than not. He's stronger than both of them tbh.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJ62

Just for the record, Martian Manhunter would completely destroy Thor and own Hulk.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 SC  Moderator

**Thor has a vocal contingent of fans labelled fanboys at CV** **therefore Thor has more fanboys** Oh my its the whole one Storm fan equals Storm fandom again. Who even has the gall or right to judge or deem another fan a fanboy anyway? A greater truth about humans in general is they such at judging each other and often psychologically project onto others their own habits. Makes me wonder.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Superman beat Thor back in that quasi-canon Avengers/JLA?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Who cares ?

Avatar image for quirky_anecdotes
quirky_anecdotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They key differences is Thor has the greatness that is Loki to playoff and Supes has Lex Luthor , Mercy Graves and Dabney Donovan.

I admit Thor sucks but Loki ...Loki is easily one of the most likable and interesting characters in comic books period.

Avatar image for regal_rumble_man
Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so power is suddenly bad?

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only hero I can think of that is over powered no matter what context you put him in is Martian Manhunter.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@gungunw said:

The only hero I can think of that is over powered no matter what context you put him in is Martian Manhunter.

Agreed!

Also i don't consider Thor or Superman overpowered,both can be beaten by their equals (WW,Hulk,Hyperion)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

I reject your premise.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

I thought the term "overpowered" was just a poor reason to hate a character you don't like...

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sharkbearagator said:

I thought the term "overpowered" was just a poor reason to hate a character you don't like...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@sharkbearagator said:

Yup. The term ''overpowered' really is meaningless since most of the time the hero is fighting someone just as powerful as him, if not more so.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fanboys make them overpowered when they bring up feats from years ago. Supes is faster than light can bust planets! But in modern comics he gets bit by cheetah knocked around. He is fine the way he is and so is thor. They are not overpowered people just make them seem like that in debates. Next time a do a battle im just gonna do marvel now vs new 52 so people wont bring up old outrageous feats

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Hmmm

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both characters deserve respect. Both have their respective fanboys ie when i read a superman fanboy saying it isnt a contest between pc sm and galactus and silver surfer team and when i read a thor fanboy saying thor could beat darkseid. My personal preferance is thor, but im a strong sm fan too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, no.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There would be no Thor with out superman.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There would be no Thor with out superman.

Actually, Thor was created before Superman.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By russellmania77
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What thor is based off is way older and awesome than superman will ever hope to be lol

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SOG7dc

This is a cool place

Avatar image for temporal_guardian
Temporal_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The enter key is your friend.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANOTHER Superman complain thread by his fanboy. Why can't you accept the powerset of your favorite character? Mine loose sometimes and i don't care. If Supes is your favorite because of his powerset, then you got a problem.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: I agree with all except for this "...if Supes is your favorite because of his powerset, then you got a problem."

Why? A characters powerset is what usually attracts me to them in the first place. And this is comics we read them in large part because they have powers. Would you read Thor if he behaved the same way only with no powers? Would youbread about wolverine if he had no powers? No so I object to the idea that if a character is my favorite because of the powerset then I or anybody else has a problem. A guy that can hold planets and shoot sun fire from his eyes is effn cool

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CheeseSticks

@sog7dc said:

@cheesesticks: I agree with all except for this "...if Supes is your favorite because of his powerset, then you got a problem."

Why? A characters powerset is what usually attracts me to them in the first place. And this is comics we read them in large part because they have powers. Would you read Thor if he behaved the same way only with no powers? Would youbread about wolverine if he had no powers? No so I object to the idea that if a character is my favorite because of the powerset then I or anybody else has a problem. A guy that can hold planets and shoot sun fire from his eyes is effn cool

I just think you should love the character for the personality. Yes i would read Thor and Wolverine without power because i find them interesting. Every thread i see about Superman are complain because he loses sometimes, get over it, he cannot win everytimes.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Strongarm

don't be a shill

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: I call shenanigans. You would read about an angry agressive short Canadian with nothing that makes him different from anybody else? You would read a Lois lane ongoing? A Clark Kent ongoing? The powers are just as much of the character as their personalities

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WAAAAAAAALLLL OF TEEEXXTT

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CheeseSticks

@sog7dc said:

@cheesesticks: I call shenanigans. You would read about an angry agressive short Canadian with nothing that makes him different from anybody else? You would read a Lois lane ongoing? A Clark Kent ongoing? The powers are just as much of the character as their personalities

Wolverine without power still has his claws since his power is a healing factor. So yes i would read it. I wouldn't read a Lois Lane on-going or a Clark Kent on-going because they are boring. Even with their powers(Lois Lane has powers?).

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

First, I just skimmed that, cause reading it will give me a headache, but I have always wondered why people call Superman overpowered, but not Thor, who essentially, has the same powerset as Superman..plus magic and weather manipulation. I think it boils down to popularity. People like to hate on things that are popular. Superman is vastly more popular than Thor, thus, he attracts more haters (most of which are ignorant and have never read a comic book in their lives). The same could be said about all popular heroes. People condemn Aquaman for being ''lame'' when Namor is the same person yet gets none of the hate, because Aquaman is a bigger name and more well known to the general public.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ThanoStomp

I'd say the issue is with Marvel writers. Thor is written SO inconsistently, especially when part of a team. He never uses his full powers and jobs all the time. Whereas I can't recall Superman getting jobbed by someone who wasn't an ultra-powerhouse.

Although here is a good article on Supes worst defeats by Jekylhyde14. As you can see most are PIS.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/jekylhyde14/lists/supermans-most-embarrassing-defeats/19659

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 14NC3

@jedixman said:

Thor just has more fanboys.

Thor does not have more fanboys. He does have a lot but superman has one of the biggest fanboy bases ever. Thor's doesn't even come close to superman's.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, this.

First, I just skimmed that, cause reading it will give me a headache, but I have always wondered why people call Superman overpowered, but not Thor, who essentially, has the same powerset as Superman..plus magic and weather manipulation. I think it boils down to popularity. People like to hate on things that are popular. Superman is vastly more powerful than Thor, thus, he attracts more haters (most of which are ignorant and have never read a comic book in their lives). The same could be said about all popular heroes. People condemn Aquaman for being ''lame'' when Namor is the same person yet gets none of the hate, because Aquaman is a bigger name and more well known to the general public.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

But really, it's quite obvious why Superman gets so many haters. He's popular. Whenever something becomes popular, whether it be a person, fictional character, etc. you get mindless sheep who can't form their own opinions, and jump onto the bandwagons saying "HE'S OVERRATED" "HE'S OVEROPOWERED". It's happened to Superman, Batman, Wolverine, and it'll always happen to popular things. These bandwagoners think by resenting whatever is popular for stupid reasons, they became some type of sophisticated intellectual. Also, they know that they are a minority for hating on something popular, so they make up for their numbers disadvantage by being VERY loud so it looks like they are a majority. At end of the day, you just got to ignore them, because haters are just going to hate no matter what.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would get more respect over Thor.Forget the powers look at the character and you know who would get respected more.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By w0nd
@cheesesticks said:

ANOTHER Superman complain thread by his fanboy. Why can't you accept the powerset of your favorite character? Mine loose sometimes and i don't care. If Supes is your favorite because of his powerset, then you got a problem.

In all fairness he created this over a year ago lol... someone juts said "hmmmm" and it sparked the convo up again lol

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: Oh Sk having claws that pop out at will an can slice through stone isnt a power? And you can be coy I you want you know exactly what I was talking about. And if you think Lois and Clark are boring then you must not read superman comics at all