• 52 results
#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a random guess, Thor is actually the uncle of the king of Olympus. Gaea is Thor's biological mother, she is also the mother of Cronus, who is the father of Zeus thus making Zeus the nephew of Thor.

#2 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Ha, I'd forgotten about that little biological factoid. Guess it is true :P

#3 Edited by ComicStooge (12564 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha. That is kinda hilarious.

#4 Edited by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

And the great uncle to Hercules

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this has been/will be mentioned in a Thor/Zeus encounter. That could be pretty funny.

#7 Edited by MonsterStomp (16997 posts) - - Show Bio

Mythological terms or comic terms?

#8 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by MonsterStomp (16997 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I was referring to the Thor in Marvel comics. In that particular world he is.

#11 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: #6 Posted by guttridgeb (4733 posts) - 1 hour, 19 minutes ago - Show Bio

I hope this has been/will be mentioned in a Thor/Zeus encounter. That could be pretty funny.

THIS. I'd love to see how that conversation turns out. I see a lotta lightning being thrown around lol

#12 Edited by JetiiMitra (8524 posts) - - Show Bio

So... Gaea gets around.

#13 Edited by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

ehh who cares

#14 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

So... Gaea gets around.

hahahahahaa!

#15 Posted by dondave (36581 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5522 posts) - - Show Bio

Make it happen Marvel. This should come up when or if Hercules, ever gets his strength back; so that we can get a HUGE BRAWL to commemorate the return of the King.

#17 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

That is quite interesting.

#18 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5791 posts) - - Show Bio

They should mention this in a comic

#19 Posted by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Gotta check the thread for this give me a moment

#21 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Some reason this reminds me of the song "I'm my own grandpa".

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

ehh who cares

Well you cared enough to comment, if you didn't care at all you would have just scrolled past the thread.

#23 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a random guess, Thor is actually the uncle of the king of Olympus. Gaea is Thor's biological mother, she is also the mother of Cronus, who is the father of Zeus thus making Zeus the nephew of Thor.

Lovely! We need more plots developing around these facts! Pronto

#25 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@drunkvader: Ahh so just trolling then? Cause if you honestly don't care then being a troll would be the only reason to comment. That being the case I fully expect that if you respond to this it will be some meme that you find just hysterical or possibly some joke that you think is just so clever or even a straight up insult. It'll save you some time if I just go ahead and sigh and roll my eyes now. Good day.

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio

I always found it stupid that they made Gaea Thors mother

#27 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is next Gaea? Tony Stark?

#28 Edited by The Stegman (23982 posts) - - Show Bio

And in typical Greek fashion, Thor will now sleep with Gaea and spawn offspring that will be related in more ways than one.

#29 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Well in mythology Thor's mother is the norse goddess of the Earth, Jord. Basically they just lumped all the "Mother Earth" figures into one character and went with the Greek variant as the name she goes by tho she has been called by many names in Marvel over the years.

#31 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Odd they never did the same thing to Pontus (water), Ouranos (Air) or Tartarus (Fire).

#32 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Maybe the did and they're waiting to do a giant and ultimately disappointing event about it.

#33 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Events stop being special when they happen every year. :P

Mr.Incredible was right, the world can't stay saved for five minutes.

#34 Posted by SirMethos (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the information on that chart is wrong.

The chart has the same Cronus that is Zeus' father, also listed as Thanos' grand-father. This is incorrect.

Zeus' father, didn't(as far as I know) actually make an appearance in the comics until 2008(and his name is spelled with a C as in the chart), while Thanos' grand-father, appeared in the comics way back in 1976(and his name is spelled with a K, Kronos, rather than Cronus).

The chart would have you believe that Thanos is actually a God, or descendant of one, when he is actually an Eternal(same as Makari).

The chart also claims that Namor is part God(descending from Neptune), which is also, as far as I know, incorrect.

#35 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos: Atlantian legend claims that the royal family is descended from the gods, sort of like how the Egyptians claimed the Pharaohs were descended from gods.

#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: It seems to me Marvel just wanted an excuse to be stronger than the other gods so they made him half Elder God

#38 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Remember when events were rare things?

You know when there was a nice long gap between Secret Wars and Infinity Gauntlet before someone thought that the Onslaught Saga was a good idea and should be how 616 ended to give us the awful, awful heroes reborn reboot?

Yeahhh those days sucked too but the crap was generally mired in obscurity.

#39 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Marvel can't take all the blame, they'd quit making pointless events if the sheep would quit buying things they hate just cause its there.

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: And your point? If they are saying that all the Earth goddess are the same person it just simplifies it and they didn't need to find an excuse considering that Thor was already considered possibly the most powerful god in Norse mythology any way. In fact there is a case to be made that he was probably considered above Odin by quite a lot of the Norse people considering he had more worshipers than the rest of the pantheon combined.

#41 Posted by PowerHerc (83370 posts) - - Show Bio

More accurately, Thor is Zeus' great-uncle.

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Not really since Thor is the half brother of Cronus, who is Zeus' father. He'd have to be the brother of Zeus' grand father to be a great uncle.

#43 Edited by PowerHerc (83370 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Not really since Thor is the half brother of Cronus, who is Zeus' father. He'd have to be the brother of Zeus' grand father to be a great uncle.

You're right. I messed it up. :/

#44 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by PowerHerc (83370 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: He would be Hercules' great uncle.

Yes, that's what I was thinking but I put Zeus in place of Hercules.

#46 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: But Zeus was born before him........man that's so confusing and convoluted it makes understanding DC's multiverse a cake walk

#47 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Having a younger uncle isn't unprecedented, I know like 5 people who have uncles that are around the same age or younger than they are.

#48 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5237 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio