#1 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor joins the justice league and Superman joins the avengers

-do the avengers like supes better than thor?

-does the JL lie thor better than supes?

-Thor and batmans relationship? do they get along?

-Superman and ironman, do they get along?

-Thor and WW? Do you thin theyd date eachother?

-Superman and Captain America best friends? lol

-what do think would happen if thor and orion met?

-Superman and Hyperion?

-Who would Supermans marvel love interest be?

#2 Posted by The Stegman (29593 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers gain a trustworthy ally, and the JL gains a slightly cocky demigod that Batman won't trust.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

yeah I think batman would stay up day and night trying to think of a contingency plan for thor. but overall I think they'd both be great additions to their new teams respectively

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (26365 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers gain a trustworthy ally, and the JL gains a slightly cocky demigod that Batman won't trust.

Also Lex stops being a credible threat after magic hammer induced brain damage due to Lex leaving his head vulnerable in his battle armor while facing someone much more aggressive than Superman.

#5 Edited by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

is Thor used to dealing with anyone nearly as smart as lex though? no doubt he's untold bounds more powerful than luthor. but I think lex is just as smart as thor is powerful

#6 Edited by The Stegman (29593 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@joshmightbe:

is Thor used to dealing with anyone nearly as smart as lex though? no doubt he's untold bounds more powerful than luthor. but I think lex is just as smart as thor is powerful

I think Loki is at least on par with Lex intellect wise...not to mention all of the geniuses the Avengers face regularly. But seriously though...Why DOES Lex leave his head exposed in his battle armor??

#7 Edited by XImpossibruX (5539 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman becomes the new biggest jobber, and Thor finally gets to show off his potential.

#8 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

lol that's easy. Lex is also as arrogant as he is smart. He probably just assumes the armor he made is so powerful you wont be able to get to his head.

#9 Edited by joshmightbe (26365 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yes but hammer to the skull negates intelligence quickly. Lets be honest here if Superman fought as aggressively as Thor Lex would be dead or a vegetable. I'm not claiming Thor is better than Superman just that since he doesn't have a kryptonite and Thor will kill if he sees it as necessary so its not a good scenario for Superman's human enemies. In fact I could see Thor coming into quick conflict with the league because of that more aggressive nature.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (26365 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@the_stegman:

lol that's easy. Lex is also as arrogant as he is smart. He probably just assumes the armor he made is so powerful you wont be able to get to his head.

This pretty much sums it up. Vanity is his kryptonite.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (29593 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yes but hammer to the skull negates intelligence quickly. Lets be honest here if Superman fought as aggressively as Thor Lex would be dead or a vegetable. I'm not claiming Thor is better than Superman just that since he doesn't have a kryptonite and Thor will kill if he sees it as necessary so its not a good scenario for Superman's human enemies. In fact I could see Thor coming into quick conflict with the league because of that more aggressive nature.

Which again..leads to Batman having to do something about him.

@sog7dc said:

@the_stegman:

Well...he has a helmet in the New 52

#12 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

yeah I can see where youre coming from and I agree with you. but don't you thin thor is sensible? I mean this is his new home and he does have a WW a Martian and a few thousand GL's to deal with if he acts out.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (26365 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: My main thought here is that Lex is probably one of those villains capable of pissing Thor off to the point where he becomes less sensible.

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

I think a lot of the avengers would be jaw dropped after seeing supes deal with...lets say somebody like juggernaut. and I think the league would be amazed at how quickly thor could deal with someone like Grundy

#15 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

id like to read this story youre writing bro lol. thor comes to the dcu and has his first encounter with luthor. luthor talks down to him, kills a bunch of innocent people. Thor kills him with fire lightening. and then its Thor vs the Justice league..... that would be cool

#16 Edited by lightsout (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Superman/FF crossover he was very well received by them, I'd imagine the Avengers would like him too.

#17 Posted by RustyRoy (14938 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Superman the no kill rule won't have much affect. WW isn't afraid to kill, the GLs know that you have to kill sometimes in the line of duty, MMH is more aggressive than before, and Flash can use his powers more freely(though he'd be the only person who'll follow the no kill rule) and with Thor in the team we'll have a entirely different kind of JL. I'm not saying they'll kill any villain they see but they won't hesitate if they feel its necessary.

#18 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (850 posts) - - Show Bio

The only problem I see is Superman's weakness to magic and there's a lot more magic users in marvel. I don't know too many enemy magic users for DC. I think the Avengers and JL wouldn't mind so much. Thor and Batman would never work as long as Thor's flexible with killing. Ironman and Superman might be able to work well. Thor and Wonder woman? Heck yeah. Superman and Captain America? Not sure. They'd argue about who's stronger. No idea who Hyperion is( sorry ). Maybe Ms.Marvel.

#19 Posted by cfrehse (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

supes could have some issues at first following the orders of cap.

#20 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

I would picture Superman saying "Wrong plan, here is what Batman would do_____". lol

And I think that Thor would get kicked out of the JL for killing.

#21 Edited by Veshark (9326 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

I would picture Superman saying "Wrong plan, here is what Batman would do_____". lol

And I think that Thor would get kicked out of the JL for killing.

Lol......funniest thing I've heard all day.

I actually think Supes and Cap would get along pretty well, they're both icons and leaders, and have similar moral comapsses. There's even a nifty Superman-Batman type dynamic between them, I would think.

I'd totally buy a Superman/Captain America monthly.

#22 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Well the day is just starting and I am just warming up.

I don't think that they would have a Superman-Batman relationship because for that to happen one needs to be a paranoid dark vigilante and you have two boy scouts, I think that they would get along very well because they are similar in many ways.

#23 Edited by Veshark (9326 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Well the day is just starting and I am just warming up.

I don't think that they would have a Superman-Batman relationship because for that to happen one needs to be a paranoid dark vigilante and you have two boy scouts, I think that they would get along very well because they are similar in many ways.

Well not so much in the brooding vigilante - boy scout sense, but the idea of a tactical street-level fighter and a high-tier powerhouse. Personality-wise, like I said, the two are quite similar - I think they'd be good friends (well, except for Cap occasionally killing....)

#24 Posted by The Stegman (29593 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: If the League started killing, Batman would stop them.

#25 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

@anywhichwaybutup:

not a weakness its a vulnerability. but I agree with pretty much everything else you said. thanks for posting :)

#26 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (6483 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: this. I'd love to see Supes and Hyperion interact, his being able to mesh with the Avengers. I'd pay to see the look in his face if he ever bumped into Gladiator.

#27 Posted by BlackWind (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

I thin Thor would be far less...tolerant of Batman if he tries any of his, "You could go out of control" stuff on him.

#28 Posted by XLR87T3 (3367 posts) - - Show Bio

I thin Thor would be far less...tolerant of Batman if he tries any of his, "You could go out of control" stuff on him.

Do you mean the way Thor acts around Ironman?

@rustyroy said:

Without Superman the no kill rule won't have much affect. WW isn't afraid to kill, the GLs know that you have to kill sometimes in the line of duty, MMH is more aggressive than before, and Flash can use his powers more freely(though he'd be the only person who'll follow the no kill rule) and with Thor in the team we'll have a entirely different kind of JL. I'm not saying they'll kill any villain they see but they won't hesitate if they feel its necessary.

Interesting point. Yeah, after snapping that guy's neck, Wonder Woman would finally be left off the hook (but only after a date, of course). How is Martian Manhunter more aggressive?

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (86141 posts) - - Show Bio

The team-dynamic of both teams is thrown off.

Neither team is happy.

#30 Edited by ben_coby (504 posts) - - Show Bio

why are most of you, speaking as if Thor just goes around killing all the villains in his comics. Anyway i think he would feel most at ease around Wonder Woman, and may be have brawls with Captain Thunder. Whiles Supes will get along well with every one in the Avengers except Hawkeye who may make fun of his pyjamas.

#31 Edited by hart7668 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would meet Thor and go "wtf"

#32 Posted by Tyrus (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would be trying to figure out how to lift Mjolnir... Or at least remove it from Thor and test his feats (without Mjolnir).

#33 Posted by JetiiMitra (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this scenario. Another!

I'm just going to use Pre-52 DC.

I don't think all of them would. Iron Man and Cap especially may not like that he's replacing Thor. Others, I think, would take some getting used to him but it wouldn't take long.

No, I don't think so. Not to slight Thor, but they're losing their greatest champion. "Greatest" because of heart and the faith he has in humanity.

Yes and no. It would be a strictly professional relationship, without any problems in the field. But they won't get familiar with each other.

Possibly. They would get along better than Thor and Batman, at any rate.

I don't really think so. They aren't that similar IMO and wouldn't have any reason to.

They'd get along pretty well until Cap had to kill someone.

Lots of posturing.

-Superman and Hyperion?

The Hyperion right now might respect Superman for his experience and being in a similar tier of power. I don't know much about him, though.

Toughie. But I could see Ms. Marvel or Mary Jane.

#34 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

-Hmm..Don't know they aren't a bunch of Boy scouts. Supe's may have a trouble with the Avengers killing policy.

-They may have a problem with his killing.

-Bat's will have a ton of problem with Thor's killing.

-This would be good. they'll exchange tech.

-Thor will pretty much BANG her. lol

-I guess so.

-They'll have a beer.

-Superman and Hyperion?

-IDK. It's not as if Hyperion will pick a fight with him.

-He'll have a hard time finding a date.

#35 Posted by MarlboroMan (2141 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

They would probably not due to Supes has a natural intend to lead while Cap doesn't like second voices

Just like the_titan said when he kills it's gonna create a problem

From what i seen Batman gets along better with less smarter beings due to his controlling ego

They would be a lot closer than Thor and Iron Man that's for sure

They are really good match i think

No, i think they would have controlling issues

Orion might get annoyed by Thor's dramatic speeches

-Superman and Hyperion?

They both are really laid back characters i don't see them having any intense conversation

For some reason first name come to my mind is Rogue

#36 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

How would Thor deal with catastrpogies like crashing plans and someone about to commit suicide or corrupt business men?

And how would superman deal with an array of enemies that you HAVE to kill like Gorr? (bonus question:do you think superman would eventually with experience become a killer when necessary?)

#37 Posted by explodingpineapple (951 posts) - - Show Bio

No

No

Not really

Not really

It is a possibility

OK, friends. But he could not replace Batman

IDK

-Superman and Hyperion?

Fight

A news reporter... JK. Probably nobody.

#38 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (6483 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 Posted by SOG7dc (4130 posts) - 4 months, 7 days ago - Show Bio

I think Supes mid western sensibilities would clash with the New York centric faster paced

Avengers. I think the Avengers would respect his abilities and character. I'd love to see him fighting alongside Hyperion and Gladiator.

Thor would bristle at being told what to do by Batman or admonished for killing a villain or two.

No mutual distrust and dislike. Batman would go apeshit trying

To find a weakness in Thor.

Yeah though Supes might think he's a douche at first and Tony might see Clark as a rube.

Definitely bang!

-Superman and Captain America best friends?

Get along well. Clark definitely respects Caps accomplishments, experience and the fact he's 80 years old.

Get along as warriors. Both distrust The Bat. Ponder why the JLA doesn't try to kill more of their villains.

-Superman and Hyperion?

Supes thinks Hyperions a Daxamite at first.

He'd cry over Lois , maybe bangs Carol Danvers

#39 Posted by SOG7dc (10684 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what Lois would think of Thor

#40 Posted by Pokeysteve (9308 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman teaches the Avengers true teamwork and the JL does the same with Thor.

#41 Edited by Zmasonite (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: So here's my take on it. Thor joins the justice league and Superman joins the avengers

-do the avengers like supes better than thor? As a whole I'd think so.

-does the JL lie thor better than supes? Honestly I don't think they'd like Thor very much. But I would see WW being quite find of him lol

-Thor and batmans relationship? do they get along? Batman probably wouldn't be able to stand Thor, and prep for him immediately after meeting him heheh.

-Superman and ironman, do they get along? Ironman would hate Supes just as much as he hated cap in the movie lol. Mainly because Supes would assume leadership.

-Thor and WW? Do you thin theyd date eachother? Yes they are honestly perfect for each other hah

-Superman and Captain America best friends? lol yes. Cap is superman without any superpowers.

-what do think would happen if thor and orion met? Orion would say something condescending or something of the sort and Thor would try to smack him around.

-Who would Supermans marvel love interest be? Hmmm that's a toughy.

#42 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (7797 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman cleans up a lot of Marvel. Inspires a lot of heroes. Cap becomes his Batman. Then Dr. Doom becomes his new arch enemy.

Idk about Thors role in DC.

#43 Posted by JetiiMitra (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

How would Thor deal with catastrpogies like crashing plans and someone about to commit suicide or corrupt business men?

And how would superman deal with an array of enemies that you HAVE to kill like Gorr? (bonus question:do you think superman would eventually with experience become a killer when necessary?)

The same thing would happen for planes and stuff as he does now. That is, he doesn't do anything about them, unless some DC character tells him "Hey, the guy you replaced did this stuff ALL THE TIME. Start making a difference."

Superman still wouldn't kill. He'd probably make a phantom zone generator again and trap some villains there. For the ones that doesn't work on, like Gorr, he simply wouldn't kill them. He'd knock them out and do everything in his power to change their mind. But not kill. Unless it's a Doomsday-type scenario. In which case, I see a lot of Kryptonian healing-comas in his future.