This whole batman "Prep time" needs to change

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xziliraet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xziliraet

1. People tend to bring up his JL contingency plans as some remarkable feat... but lets be real. Batman has no superpowers and is surrounded by others with superpowers 24/7. He has a lot of money and is an experienced tactician. If he's around the JL aaaaaall the time, then it f------g makes sense that he knows their weaknesses, and it f-------g makes sense that he would be able to to create such plans. In addition he did this without them knowing. So what is the big deal?

If I had ample time and money to end whoever I wanted while knowing a lot about them, without them knowing what I am up to, and having their full trust... come on now batman fanboys.

2. Prep time is only OK if you give each character the same amount of prep time anything else I consider spite. Why? because if you put me up against a Spec Ops Soldier and told me I had 3 days to prepare how I am going to wreck him, then its a done deal, I win. He would be caught completely off guard. I keep seeing all these threads giving batman aaaaaall this time and his opponent none as if it is fair.

3. at the start they have to have just about the same amount of knowledge of each other (like fighting each other once before, something like that) or none at all. Batman having a little more knowledge is acceptable sometimes because he is generally very good at things like that. but some of these fights are like "batman knows everything about him including he weaknesses and the opponent knows nothing about batman FIGHT" SPITE!

Like come on guys. Use logic.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You just haven't been enlightened

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just another day on Comic Vine.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yawn

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kyrees

bored enough

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mtuske

@xziliraet: Agreed. He's an awful character and a possible pedophile. Who honestly takes preteens as their "wingman.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for agentghostrider
AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xziliraet: Use Logic and know no one truly thinks like that and they are just joking around

Nice Work Troll

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes. We must make this man/woman see the light.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ultragreenboy
@saint_sophie said:

@cgoodness said:

Yes. We must make this man/woman see the light.

No Caption Provided

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed he's overrated with Prep time but chill dude lol

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kgb725

Can't say he's wrong

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I don't get is why people make handles to spew nonsense like this. Why not hang out in the community awhile before pulling the crazy card?

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go in the other direction and say Batman's prep time is underrated. The stereotypical fanboy with bad grammar who says Batman can beat Superman, Goku, Godzilla, and Galactus himself with prep time is literally just a joke nowadays, you don't actually see people acting like that. The irony? Batman with prep CAN defeat these guys (or at least accomplish his goal in the context of a story)

People lose sight of what Batman is all about, even his supposedly biggest fans pay too much attention to the martial arts and random superhuman strength. First and foremost, Batman is "the world's greatest detective." Not the best martial artist, not the best scientist, the best DETECTIVE. His tactical and strategic skills go hand in hand with that. He's the mortal man who is able to keep up with the superpowered demigods called the Justice League just through sheer intelligence and wits, or at least he SHOULD be but sometimes writers get super lazy and decide Batman can just punch Darkseid out with his bare hands or build a mecha armor.

I get it, it's not easy to write a character like Batman properly because you yourself actually need to be clever in order to do it, but that's what makes Batman so badass! He's ALWAYS prepared, he ALWAYS has a plan, he ALWAYS survives, and he ALWAYS finds a way. Basically what I'm trying to say is, both writers and fans pay far too much attention to the "desert kick of the leaping lotus pressure point!" instead of the detective and strategic and intellect part. When writers DO pay attention to the intellect part, they just throw in a Superman fighting mecha suit and have Batman duke it out with his opponents, STILL ignoring strategy and other things.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many of these exact threads.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'v pointed out this issue before. On first time random encounters Batman usually get's his ass handed to him, crawls back to the cave, formulates a plan and comes back for the win. It's classic three act story-telling. At this point though, it's also kind of what Batman does. Since it's in line with the character I have no problem with people using it as a way for him to win. I will point out though, it's my understanding that even the vaunted Batman admitted that if Superman wanted him dead there wouldn't really be anything he can do about it. Batman with prep is brutal, but not invincible. Try telling that too the true fanboys though. It''ll be like talking to a wall.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: @noone301994: Your responses speak loudly. You have nothing to say, post something anyway,.... and still don't give a defense. That's actually about right.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: @noone301994: Your responses speak loudly. You have nothing to say, post something anyway,.... and still don't give a defense. That's actually about right.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

WTH???

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Batman has no superpowers".

It's about time people would admit that no matter what the writers say, Bruce actually has superpowers. And those would be: super-intelect and reality manipulation.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wbr17

@xziliraet said:

because if you put me up against a Spec Ops Soldier and told me I had 3 days to prepare how I am going to wreck him, then its a done deal, I win. He would be caught completely off guard.

Who are you? What do you do in your life?!

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complaining about Batman and prep time are worse than the people who overrate his prep skills.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pray to Batgod that he forgives your transgression

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

It honestly isn't as bad as your making it out to be. Not everyone blows his prep out of proportion .

No Caption Provided

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@mtuske said:

@xziliraet: Agreed. He's an awful character and a possible pedophile. Who honestly takes preteens as their "wingman.

Wrong on all accounts.

People arent even that bad with his prep (aside trolls and fanboys). He isn't a terrible character (he is just not the character for you). He isn't a pedophile either.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whether prep works or not really depends on who he's prepping for, there are certain individuals that can't be caught unawares, or trapped etc. So unless he has a way to neutralize their abilities without directly or even indirectly affecting them, prep won't do any good. Of course you could consider "prep" as putting on a giant suit of indestructible armor. But then he'd be Iron Man, not Batman.

Zero_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zero_Dreams

No, you just need to get with the times.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bossmonster

@mtuske said:

Wrong on all accounts.

People arent even that bad with his prep (aside trolls and fanboys). He isn't a terrible character (he is just not the character for you). He isn't a pedophile either.

He is, without question, one of the worst characters and pushes the idea of suspending disbelief well beyond it's limits.
The bit about him being a possible pedophile is actually pretty reasonable given his history of "rescuing" young and extremely impressionable youths.

People complaining about Batman and prep time are worse than the people who overrate his prep skills.

Nah, that's bullsh!t and you know it. This Prep time nonsense is beyond stupid. When batman loses to 90% of all characters.
With equal prep time, he'd lose to probably 95% of all characters.
WIth Prep against him, he's get stomped by almost anybody.

Yet, for some reason, people focus on the fact that he's likely to win a fight that he's had 90days to prep for. That's retarded and everyone knows it.

Xziliraet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: delete the "how".. typo. I was just saying that if I have time to prepare and he doesn't.. that means he would have no knowledge of the fight beforehand. because any knowledge of anything retaining to the fight would give him prep time as well. So it all comes down to a surprise attack and how well he can defend himself on the spot.

Xziliraet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expected more entertaining responses than people either being sarcastic or taking a comic debate too serious smh lmao

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@bossmonster said:

@mtuske said:

Wrong on all accounts.

He is, without question, one of the worst characters and pushes the idea of suspending disbelief well beyond it's limits.

The bit about him being a possible pedophile is actually pretty reasonable given his history of "rescuing" young and extremely impressionable youths.

Batman isn't the worst character of all time, nowhere near close and he isn't the only character to push the disbelief beyond its limit. His entire character is to represent what a person can achieve if they put their mind to it, tons of people love that, some don't. Again I say he is just not the character for you, and because you don't like him doesn't make Batman a terrible character.

The whole reason Robin was created was to pull in kid readers (which he did). Batman taking in youths (children he sees as his own children) doesn't make him a pedophile or even gives him that impression. He took in Dick and Jason in hopes of bettering their lives (being as Dicks parents were murdered like his own and Jason was a kid living off of the streets and he sees them as his sons), Tim (whom he adopted) joined Batman because he was bored that his parents were always away on business (later killed), and Damian is his actual son. He even let Stephine, Cassandra (whom he adopted), and Helena take up the mantle of robin, because they wanted to fight crime in a sense. And not a single one of these characters were ever suggested in the in the slightest that Batman had sexual feelings or relations with. They were parental and mentor based (as in just friend).

So the bit about him being a possible pedophile isn't reasonable at all. The only reason your even saying this is because of Fredric Wertham assertions about comics, that people like you refuse to let go even though they have been constantly dis proven. So the assertion of pedophilia for Batman is just plain wrong.

Nah, that's bullsh!t and you know it. This Prep time nonsense is beyond stupid. When batman loses to 90% of all characters.

Again its not as bad as your making the prep to be (it's blow out of proportion by fanboys and trolls). Batman doesn't lose to 90% of all characters.

With equal prep time, he'd lose to probably 95% of all characters.

No he wouldn't he is better than most with hit, and they would be on equal terms. So it goes back to skill and who wins that is dependent on who he is facing.

WIth Prep against him, he's get stomped by almost anybody.

Not necessarily, depends who he is against.

Yet, for some reason, people focus on the fact that he's likely to win a fight that he's had 90days to prep for. That's retarded and everyone knows it.

Tons of people take that as a joke, tons of people do focus on his actual skill which he has a lot of.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

batman is a pedophile?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kyrees

@xziliraet said:

Expected more entertaining responses than people either being sarcastic or taking a comic debate too serious smh lmao

don't even expect that on a topic that is so beaten to death and revived incessantyl that kenny of southpark might as well hand over the crown of resurrections to this topic.

Xziliraet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Well now I know why after 40 replies lol.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he must change man he has been stomping everybody

he has to hold back his almighty prep

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people are sssssooooooo lost in time

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

if you put me up against a Spec Ops Soldier and told me I had 3 days to prepare how I am going to wreck him, then its a done deal,I WIN.

you wanna bet you'd loose?

What exactly would you do to a spec ops soldier?

Other than that, i understand what you mean about Batman

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT BATGOD AND THE ALLMIGHTY PREPFORCE, YOU DAMN HERETIC! MAY CHEW HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL!!!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so much bs

Rayox21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto is tottaly right.

@ultragreenboy the wiki page is wrong, the chew force is activated if batman have 0.0000000000000001 seconds to OVER 9000 century of prep time.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Savageslayer

He cant beat everyone with prep, but he can beat a lot of people

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By conner_wolf

@drfate: I for one think I'd be able to pull a Home Alone.