• 55 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

New comic book day is right around the corner and we want to make sure you're prepared for it! This Wednesday, a flood of brand new comics will go on sale and we know narrowing down the options can be pretty difficult. Well, we're here to help you out! We've reviewed the latest list of releases and each of us have picked some issues and we'll even tell you why we're excited for them. Once you're all set seeing what we're anxious to read, go ahead and share your own list of "essential comics" in the comments below.

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero's picks

MULTIVERSITY #1

No Caption Provided

MULTIVERSITY is finally here. We’ve been waiting and now we’ll get to see what Grant Morrison has been working on.

There’s something about seeing alternate versions of familiar characters. Who better to explore some of these other worlds that have only been whispered about than Morrison? Morrison is taking some characters we haven’t seen for some time and bringing them together to take on a big threat. Composed of six different adventures with two bookend issues, there’s no telling what might happen here.

If that wasn’t incentive enough, this first book will feature art by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado. You can also check out our interview with Grant from SDCC if you missed it before: http://www.comicvine.com/videos/sdcc-2014-grant-morrison-multiversity-interview/2300-2674/

If you have any interest in the other worlds of DC’s Multiverse, you won’t want to miss this.

Check out Wired for more.

THE FADE OUT #1

No Caption Provided

It’s a new series by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips. Do you need any other reason to check this out? I could just stop writing here, right?

Brubaker and Phillips are taking us to Hollywood in 1948. If you can’t get enough of noir comics filled with a murder mystery and twists, you’ll want to check this out. There’s a reason Image Comics has given Brubaker and Phillips free reign in putting out whatever comics they want. And let’s not forget, there’s some amazing colors by Elizabeth Breitweiser as well. It’s a great story with great art. What more could you ask for?

Visit A.V. Club for extra pages. You can also read our early review here.

Honorable Mention: STORM #2

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring's picks

NOVA #20

No Caption Provided

I can't wait to see some more Nova and Rocket Raccoon teaming up! I never thought I'd actually say or write that. Sure, it's been a tad disappointing that we still don't know what's going on, fully, with Sam's dad, but adding Rocket to this book was an awesome idea.

It looks like this is going to deal a lot with the all the secrets that were revealed in the last issue, as well as Sam having to run errands for someone else. This series is a ton of fun though, so I can't wait to see what this issue has in store.

MANIFEST DESTINY #9

No Caption Provided

There's not much else I can say about this book that hasn't already been said. Do you like the history of America when we were exploring this brave, new world? Yes? Do you like it filled with fictional monsters? Yes? Then you should be reading this. There's tons of weird creatures trying to eat our heroes at every corner and they're all drawn beautifully. MANIFEST DESTINY is an incredibly impressive series that is a ton of fun and worth every penny.

Gregg "k4tz" Katzman's picks

ELEKTRA #5

No Caption Provided

The search for Cape Crow is over and now it's time to see what makes this fellow such an infamous assassin. As you can see in the preview below, writer Haden Blackman and artist Michael Del Mundo are about to hit us with a ton of intense action and absolutely gorgeous panels and layouts. They've yet to disappoint at all with this series and continue to make it a thrilling and delightfully engaging journey.

You could have literally zero interest in Elektra going into this and I'd be willing to bet that Blackman's script and Del Mundo's stunning visuals will win you over. Seriously, do yourself a favor and check out the preview.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #34

No Caption Provided

Peter Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, John Kalisz and Mick Gray continue to hook my interest with BATMAN AND ROBIN. Not only will we see more of Batman's struggle to get his son back and how this will put him at odds with the new Justice League, but the preview reveals we'll also get a little bit of follow-up to Death of the Family's conclusion (as well as how Batman acted after his son's death). It's great to see they're not just moving forward and forgetting about, you know, that big thing that happened to the relationship many characters have with Batman.

Tomasi's been delivering a tight script and Gleason's pencils have proven to be a fantastic fit for this book's tone. Even though the series hit a bit of a rough spot with some of its middle stories, it's looking like it's back on track and this upcoming chapter is something I can't wait to read.

TMNT ANNUAL 2014

No Caption Provided

This annual has a scary price on its cover ($7.99), but it's over 40 pages of TMNT illustrated by the franchise's co-creator, Kevin Eastman! That alone should have any fan finding a way to work this one into their budget, but if that isn't reason enough, the story sounds legitimately fun! Eastman and Tom Waltz are bringing back Renet (which leads into the latest limited series TURTLES IN TIME) and somehow, the heroes in a half shell will end up taking part in a tournament that includes the galaxy's best fighters. Eastman's classic visuals and a whole lot of action? Yeah, this sounds like it'll be a good time!

BLACK MARKET #2

No Caption Provided

How far would you go for the greater good? And are you really doing it to help everyone else or is it really to benefit your own life? In a world where a superhero's blood has the potential to cure countless diseases, could you justify kidnapping them and taking their blood from them against their will? Writer Frank J. Barbiere and artist Victor Santos' BLACK MARKET is all about moral dilemmas and how this mentality can impact an individual. The first chapter thoroughly impressed, sporting dark yet classic-ish visuals and a gripping and character-driven narrative. This tale most definitely has me intrigued and I'm excited to see where this story will go.

Newsarama has the preview.

Honorable Mentions: DEADPOOL VS. X-FORCE #3, ARMOR HUNTERS: BLOODSHOT #2

Jen "MissJ" Aprahamian's picks

THE WICKED & THE DIVINE #3

No Caption Provided

#WICDIV is bold, intriguing, and constantly serving up unexpected turns, and it's one of my absolute must-pulls lately. Gillen/McKelvie/Wilson take things goth-goth-gothity-goth this month, as Laura has to go underground in her search for answers, and we get to know a little bit more about the world and its walking deities. This is an essential pick if you loved PHONOGRAM (or love music, really) or enjoy in-your-face rich story environments.

THE LIFE AFTER #2

No Caption Provided

The Matrix meets The Divine Comedy in the latest from Joshua Hale Fialkov and Gabo, and if the wild, purgatory-centered premise isn't enough to pique your interest, our hero's companion is Ernest Hemingway. THE LIFE AFTER isn't for the faint of heart, but the reward for dropping by is an engaging story that hits at all levels. It's an essential for fans of THE BUNKER and books that make you expand your horizons.

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder's picks

NEW AVENGERS #23

No Caption Provided

After last issue's cover-to-cover emotional (and physical) trauma, the question of where the Illuminati goes from here is foremost on my mind, and apparently Jonathan Hickman aims to answer that question. After one of the most dramatic, character-driven storylines in the book's history, it'll be interesting to see the members of the Illuminati, most of whom have extensive lives and networks outside of what they do here, try to piece their lives back together. Oh and there's ANOTHER incursion on the way. By the way, Kev Walker proved last issue that he's got the chops to handle a story of this scope, so I'm sure whatever he brings to this next issue will be absolutely fantastic.

DAREDEVIL #7

No Caption Provided

We still don't know the details of Matt Murdock'sOriginal Sin revelation, but that's been seemingly put on the backburner so that he can get his mother out of one of the strangest political predicaments I've ever seen a street-level hero get tangled up in. I don't normally like the kind of retcon that this looks like it's going for, but I've also learnt that trusting Mark Waid to tell an amazing, unique story is something I can readily do, so whether or not this changes who Battlin' Jack Murdock was or not, I'm sure it'll be well worth reading. Javier Rodriguez's work last issue was worth the cover price alone, so I can't wait to see what he has in store for Murdock's latest location change this time around.

MS. MARVEL #7

No Caption Provided

It used to be a bad joke that Wolverine's secondary mutation was the ability to bi-locate as Marvel would just throw him on any cover, have him join any team, or have him team-up with any solo star who needed a boost. G. Willow Wilson, however, has integrated the world's grumpiest Canadian into the pages of Ms. Marvel seamlessly, using him as both tutor and object of fangirl glee for Kamala, so if this issue brings us more of that, I couldn't be happier about it. We also got a shocking (strange, hilarious) reveal about her newest antagonist and I'm JUST as anxious to see how all that plays out. Jake Wyatt returns to artistic duties and, after he proved himself able to handle the bizarre, whimsical tone and action of the book in the previous issue, I think he'll be more than up to the challenge this time around. His style is different from Adrian Alphona, but it's certainly not a bad thing to get a new perspective on a hero that still feels this fresh.

Honorable Mention: GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #34

Follow us on Twitter: CV, Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Meh to most of these, but New Avengers look pretty cool, and Multiversity looks amazing.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Nothing for me this week except maybe the TMNT annual. That's quite the price tag though.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So pumped for Multiversity

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm picking up Batman and Robin just because of the blatant lies...but also because BatFamily

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TMNT Annual (that price tag, ugh) and Judge Dredd for me this week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

MULTIVERSITY!!!!!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Can't wait for Multiversity.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Multiversity and Batman and Robin for sure

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Multiversity is going to be weird in a good way.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Tim taller then Jason in that preview?

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just The Fade Out and Batman Eternal for me this week, but man, I can't wait to read The Fade Out.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICE!!! my wallet will be smiling as its seems to be only Futures End for me this week.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

multiversity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Multiversity
  • The Authority
  • Teen Titans
  • Samurai Jack
  • Transformers: Robots in Disguise
  • Super Secret Crisis War: Billy and Mandy
  • New Avengers
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Batman Beyond 2.0
roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manifest Destiny is all I need! Not all that I'll buy, but all I need...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's going to be hard sitting out Multiversity. I'm gonna wait for the nice big hardcover. I do plan on picking up.

Daredevil #7

Magneto #8

Manifest Destiny #9

The Fade Out #1

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Can't wait for Ms Marvel.

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing really for me this week. Hate week 3 :-(

Maybe Supergirl if its a good tie in to Superman Doomed.

And maybe Batman Eternal if Fabok is drawing.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't picked up a DC title in a few years, I must say Multiversity has piqued my interest though.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My pull list for the week,

1. Batman and Robin #34

2. Batman Eternal #20

3. Futures End #16

4. Green Lanterns New Guardians #34

5. Multiversity #1

6. Supergirl #34

7. Teen Titans #2

8. Darth Maul Son of Dathomir #4

9. Manifest Destiny #9

10. Saviors #5

11. Trees #4

12. The Wicked + The Divine #3

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fade out and multiversity are my highlights of the week.

Robert_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

• Multiversity #1
  • All-New Ghost Rider #6
  • Elektra Vol 3 #5
  • Magneto Vol 3 #8
  • Ms Marvel Vol 3 #7
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Annual 2014
rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dropped all my books from the big 2 so it's just :-

Dark Engine #2

Manifest Destiny #9

Supreme Blue Rose #2

The Fade Out #1

Trees #4

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Multiversity!

TheIndecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Eternal #20

The Multiversity #1

Daredevil #7

Fables #143

The Fade Out #1

All in all, a pretty quiet week considering.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wasn't that guy in Final Crisis?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tmnt huntress cosplayer?

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly cannot WAIT for Multiversity. Also, I just finally caught up on Ms. Marvel, and I have no idea what the fuss is about. Its terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiversity!

I won't like! I'm curious to see if we get a new SBP and if E-2 Superman reappears!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Brubaker and Morrison in the same week! Yeah, baby, yeah!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

multiversity

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Supergirl #34 - Kara is finally back on Earth now will DC stop beating her up and let her move on with her life.
  • Batman Eternal #20 - I love this weekly so dam much.
  • Batman and Robin #34 - Bat Family team up time
Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"they're all drawn beautifully" not "their all drawn beautifully"

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#34  Edited By jstndmnd

Ms. Marvel

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#35  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

Daredevil and Robin for me! Possibly Elektra. Possibly.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Is Wonder Woman out??

Jyger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

This week, I'm picking up Teen Titans #2, Ms. Marvel #7, and Storm #2. :)

uggiboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weak week

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobenracicot:

Yeah Wonder Woman is out.

I am picking up a good few issues this week but I am most looking forward to Multiversity.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Egregious error of the week: The Delinquents.

Shame on yous! :P

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just The Multiversity for me this week.

Would definitely love to try out The Fade Out but budgets.

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobenracicot:

If you're talking about Wonder Woman #34, it comes outs in October.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do want to read Multiversity but knowing that it's Grant Morrison writing it I'm going to wait for the TPB

Don't get me wrong Grant Morrison is a great writer and storyteller

but his stories are confusing as heck if not read all together at once.

Plus my wallet won't allow me to continue other series.

also im going to pass on Brubacker and phillips next Noir book.
I've read plenty of Noir from them, while it's mostly good i've read enough from them, I won't to read other things.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do want to read Multiversity but knowing that it's Grant Morrison writing it I'm going to wait for the TPB

Don't get me wrong Grant Morrison is a great writer and storyteller

but his stories are confusing as heck if not read all together at once.

Plus my wallet won't allow me to continue other series.

also im going to pass on Brubacker and phillips next Noir book.

I've read plenty of Noir from them, while it's mostly good i've read enough from them, I won't to read other things.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MULTIVERSITY!!!! It's finally here!!!

Also, new Daredevil this week!

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

after missing 3 weeks of going to my and spending to much i got just Daredevil #7 this week

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only sensation here and maybe multiversity.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just Transformers: Robots in Disguise 32 for me.

Slonewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RHATO #34

Supergirl #34

Batman Eternal #20

Batman and Robin #34

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KnightofSteel

I admit I'm mainly getting Multiversity #1 for the Iven Reis art as Morrison is hit and miss for me. But hey you never know.

Let's see what else for me this week...

- Batman and Robin #34

- Batman Eternal #20

- Teen Titans #2

- Daredevil #7

- Nova #20