• 56 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

This Wednesday, a whole lot of brand new comic books are going to go on sale. Trying to decide what's worth your money and attention isn't always the easiest decision around, so we want to help you out. The Comic Vine staff has read the latest list of new releases and each of us are going to tell you which comics we're looking forward to and why you should consider giving them a shot. If something you're excited about isn't highlighted below, go ahead and show it a ton of love in the comments. Now, it's time to see what the Comic Vine staff is anxious to read.

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero's picks

STAR WARS #3

No Caption Provided

The story continues! Jason Aaron and Marvel have been giving us a reason to continue our excitement for everything Star Wars. Despite the complaint by some for the story to take place between the events of Episodes IV and V, Aaron is cranking up the fun and even surprised us with an early encounter between Luke and Vader.

The Rebel Alliance may have just destroyed the Death Star, but the war is not over. Making their next move against the Empire, we’re seeing there are still risks involved. We may know who will survive each encounter but it’s easy to get pulled into the story and events to simply enjoy the story. And Chewbacca may have been absent last issue but hopefully we’ll get some great Wookiee action here as he makes his move.

SPIDER-GWEN #2

No Caption Provided

SPIDER-GWEN is giving us the best of both worlds. We finally have Gwen Stacy back but it’s not a typical comic book resurrection. Gwen’s death still stands and we get an alternate reality version. To add some spice to the mix, this version has spider-powers.

From the moment we first set eyes on “Spider-Gwen” (no, she does not go by that name in the comics), we immediately fell for this version of the character. She also happens to have an amazing new costume. How often do we get to see a really great “new” costume for a character? Taking the best out of series like WHAT IF…? or even THE EXILES, it’s an exciting read with the different takes on familiar characters. As much fun as it is seeing Gwen in action here, not knowing where a new version of a familiar character will pop up next makes it all even more exciting.

ACTION COMICS #40

No Caption Provided

Superman and Bizarro…I’m not really sure what to expect in this issue but because Bizarro is in it, that’s all I need to know. Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder have been doing some wonderful things in the recent issues of ACTION COMICS. Besides the super-beard, they’ve been giving us a great take on Superman and the stories have had a nice and different feel.

I have a real soft spot when it comes to Bizarro. I can’t quite place my finger on it but he’s such a great change of pace for Superman in the stories he appears in. With this taking place in the New 52 Universe, there’s no telling what the angle of the story will be. We did recently see a new take on Bizarro during Geoff Johns’FOREVER EVIL. Bizarro didn’t come out of that story too well so whether or not there’s any connection to him here is curious. Regardless, knowing that Pak and Kuder are taking on Bizarro, I cannot wait to see what happens.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #40

No Caption Provided

Oh man, it’s the last issue. Van Jensen and Bernard Chang have done wonders in this title. We’ve had some great stories with John Stewart and the other Lanterns. As we head into Convergence for the two months to follow, we can’t help but wonder what might be in store for Stewart. There’s been a lot of shaky times for the Green Lantern Corps and with only two GL titles coming post-Convergence, we have to wonder if there’ll be some clues for the future here.

This extra-sized final issues will deal with John, the destruction of Xanshi, and how he’s been dealing with it. It’ll be hard to say goodbye to this series but with Jensen and Chang, it’s definitely a moment we won’t want to miss.

Man Cave Daily has two more preview pages.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man survived Spider-Verse and now it’s time to find out what’s been going on since he’s been ‘away.’ The big crossovers can be fun but it’ll be great to see Spider-Man and Peter get back to his everyday life. From the preview, we already see there’s still a bit he needs to clean up since he defeated Doc Ock. Apparently he hasn’t talked to Aunt May in a while and, of course, there’s something going on with his business, Parker Industries. During Spider-Verse, he did make a mention of Parker Industries so it feels like we might be seeing the end of it. We’ll have to wait and see.

There’s also other threads we need to see unfold including whatever Doc Ock set up before being sent to his proper time in Spider-Verse and hopefully we’ll get more on Black Cat’s change.

Honorable Mention: SURFACE #1

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring's picks

BILL & TED'S MOST TRIUMPHANT RETURN #1

No Caption Provided

It's Bill and Ted. Isn't that reason enough to buy it? Wait, the guy who writes SQUIRREL GIRL and ADVENTURE TIME is doing back-up stories on this book? I'm now double-sold on this now! Ryan North is going to bring that great sense of fun and humor to this book which is what it needs. If you have no idea what Bill and Ted is and you're still reading this, you're nuts. Go watch both the movies right now... I'll wait. You done? Station. Now you know why this is an essential comic. Go get it.

GHOSTED #18

No Caption Provided

Have you heard about this book called GHOSTED? No, well, this must be your first time reading this list because I can never seem to shut up about it. Last issue left fans with a pretty big reveal and we finally get to see Markus and Jackson face to face once again. The set up for this story line by writer Joshua Williamson was pretty freaking fantastic and I cannot wait to see where we are headed after that. In addition, the newest artist on this book Vladimir Krstic brings a completely different tone and vibe to the book which is a bit of a shock, but really great, nonetheless.

ANT-MAN #3

No Caption Provided

Any time I think about ANT-MAN, I get a little sad because SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN isn't around anymore. However, ANT-MAN is really freaking good. Plus, fans of Taskmaster are going to be in luck this upcoming week because guess who is going to be taking on Ant-Man? Spoiler alert: It's Taskmaster, but you probably already figured that out. I love ANT-MAN because it's different. It's funny but actually pretty depressing and entirely about a man trying to redeem himself. Nick Spencer can do no wrong at this point.

SOUTHERN CROSS #1

No Caption Provided

Ever since I saw her art on DEMO, I've been a little bit of a Becky Cloonan fanboy. GOTHAM ACADEMY has been pretty freaking fantastic, so why not try this out, right? I really enjoy a good mystery, but not in the traditional sense. If it's a bunch of people standing in a room screaming, "WHODUNIT" I am not amused. There needs to be something else there to grab my attention and from the sounds of the solicits, SOUTHERN CROSS has what I'm looking for. Yeah, there's a lot of good books to read this week. I'm going broke, but I don't care. I'm going to be happy.

Honorable Mention: FANTASTIC FOUR #644

Gregg "k4tz" Katzman's picks

NINJAK #1

No Caption Provided

When Valiant releases a new series, you'd be wise to pay attention. When that series is about the publisher's coolest character, you have no choice but to buy it. Seriously, it's mandatory. Having Ninjak -- the amazingly badass and interesting character -- front and center is a strong enough selling point, but just to play it safe, Valiant made sure Ninjak's solo series was worth the wait. With Matt Kindt, Clay Mann, and Butch Guice creating the story, it's highly unlikely this new series is going to disappoint. We know Ninjak can be the ultimate combatant, but now we're going to get a great insight into the guy, too. Unless you absolutely despise action, you need to give this a shot. The world is more than likely going to be a better place with NINJAK in it. Here, enjoy the gazillion page preview Valiant released.

DEADPOOL #43

No Caption Provided

Round 2 of Deadpool vs. Omega Red? Sure, why not? The promise of seeing these two characters duke it out is appealing enough, but what I really love is how this story is beginning to show more depth. It began as silly fun, but based on the preview, it's looking like the story is about to get more serious and pretty heavy. Co-writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn have no problem bringing the fun, and history shows they can tell more compelling stories, too. Here's hoping we get a bit of that while Deadpool's in the middle east. It's too bad this series is racing towards its end (thanks for that, Secret Wars), but I have nothing but faith in Duggan and Posehn as they bring us to the end of this tale. Plus, Salva Espin and Val Staples' visuals are such a delight.

THOR #6

No Caption Provided

I'm still feeling pretty confident about who's behind the Goddess of Thunder's helmet (and odds are just about everyone who read THOR: GOD OF THUNDER is as well), but that doesn't stop me from being hooked on Jason Aaron's latest THOR title. The preview shows that Thor Odinson's search for the truth is an entertaining journey and Heimdall reminds us just how many different conflicts Aaron has created in this universe. Also, if Russell Dauterman's illustrating, I could watch Thor punch trolls all day.

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE STATUE BY BOLLAND

No Caption Provided

Do I have room in my budget to buy this? No, but there's a chance some of you out there are walking around with a budget that would make Tony Stark say, "not bad." If that applies to you, I want to put this awesome statue on your radar. Batman isn't striking an action pose or doing something overly dramatic. It's simple a stance, and with Brian Bolland's style, it looks exceptional. In a perfect world, everyone would have one on their desk.

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder's picks

HOWARD THE DUCK #1

No Caption Provided

Fresh off a one-off bit at the end of a hit sci-fi movie, Howard the Duck explodes back onto the pages of his own solo comic series. Howard hasn't been a Marvel mainstay since his run-in as a superpowered zombie exterminator, and it's hard to imagine a mind better suited to bringing him back than the co-architect of SEX CRIMINALSChip Zdarsky to bring us the further adventures of the Mighty Marvel Mallard. Joe Quinones has shown himself to have an incredible versatility with his visuals and that will definitely serve a title like this one well.

MORTAL KOMBAT X #4

No Caption Provided

Licensed tie-in materials have been a dicey proposition in the past. For every great Mass Effect comic, there have been three...well, not so great Mass Effect comics, and a comic based on the backstory of a fighting game sounds like the DICIEST of propositions, which is what made the Mortal Kombat X tie-in such a pleasant surprise. While it's not precisely high art, MK has always had one of the clearer, more involved mythologies and it's become apparent that Shawn Kittelsen not only knows his way around it, but is invested in bridging the previous game with the current one in a way that's both interesting and true to the hyper-violent tone of the game series. And with Dexter Soy and Daniel Sampere on visuals, that violence is brought into beautifully vicious relief.

Go to 13th Dimension for one more preview page.

BATMAN ETERNAL #49

No Caption Provided

We are very close to the end of BATMAN ETERNAL, and somehow it's still managing to stay innovative and, perhaps more shockingly, logically connected almost fifty issues later. It's almost surreal going back to the earlier parts of the series both for how different it was, but more for how everything actually does logically fit together and make sense. The team of writers had a clear vision from the start (or if they didn't, they were great at faking it until one became apparent) and they have delievered on it. Alvaro Martinez and Raul Fernandez both have solid track records as artists, and while the door on this series may be revolving, it's still had plenty of opportunities for the various artists to leave their marks on it.

Honorable Mention:MS. MARVEL #13

Follow us on Twitter: CV, Tony, Mat, Gregg, Corey.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Transformers1024

Just Spider-Gwen and The Walking Dead for me this week.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I will be all over Ninjak and Southern Cross

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't given the time for much of Valiant besides The Valiant, but I'm gonna change that by checking out Ninjak#1. I just wished the day had more than 24 hours.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Arkham Knight comes to print this week, that's supposed to be really good

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I only have ten comics to pick up for the entire month of March, so I won't be picking anything up until the month ends. But, I may check out Ninjak, not a huge Valiant fan though.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Fantastic Four and New Avengers are my essentials.

Also grabbing Thor, Ninjak, and Unity.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read a Valiant series before but I fully intend to pick up Ninjak! Although I will probably wait for the price drop. Other than that just JL United. (I still haven't picked up Spider-Gwen so I can't say about the second issue yet)

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like John Stewart is going to tank another planet exploding.

TheDanquah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheDanquah

I haven't liked Thor this much in a long time. Do I love the old Thor? Surely, but that doesn't distract me from enjoying this vastly different take on the Thor universe.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

East of West!!

Nargaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider Gwens costume cant be usefull in fights, to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For me it's Spider-Gwen, Thor, Ms Marvel (not listed), and maaaaaybe Howard the Duck.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By apokos7

Action Comics

Batman Eternal

Detective Comics: Endgame

Earth 2: World's End

Green Lantern Corps

Justice League United

New Suicide Squad

Secret Six

Superman

The New 42: Futures End

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By BR_Havoc

Two of Marvel's big new books really don't do anything for me, and I wish this was not the case. Ant-Man ruined it's best story of Cassie coming back before the book even started, and where is Darla and why has she not been mentioned? Plus Scott Lang seems to just be Boomerang.

Then Spider-Gwen I have no clue why that book was a hit, the art is cool but she is written as Peter Parker dressed as Gwen. I thought Silk had a much better first issue.

I'm excited for Howard the Duck, I want to see more super lawyer action!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Southern Cross

Ant-Man

Howard the Duck

Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Gwen

Deadpool

Batman Eternal

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Ninjak, Unity, and the last issue of Smallville season 11.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for Ninjak!

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Pull this week :

• FBP Federal Bureau Of Physics #19

• Casanova Acedia #2

• East Of West #18

• Sheltered #15

• Shutter #10

• Sidekick #10

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm gonna check out Bill & Ted.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Green Lantern Corps

Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man

Ninjak

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I hate to say it, I wasn't really crazy about the first issue of Spider-Gwen. I hope this second one proves to be an improvement, because the first just seemed so ordinary. Too much potential in this series for me to be feeling this way.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

Two of Marvel's big new books really don't do anything for me, and I wish this was not the case. Ant-Man ruined it's best story of Cassie coming back before the book even started, and where is Darla and why has she not been mentioned? Plus Scott Lang seems to just be Boomerang.

Then Spider-Gwen I have no clue why that book was a hit, the art is cool but she is written as Peter Parker dressed as Gwen. I thought Silk had a much better first issue.

I'm excited for Howard the Duck, I want to see more super lawyer action!

I totally agree with you, Silk was a far better debut.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninnnnnjakkkkkk !!!!!

So hype!!!

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man why didn't you mention New Avengers I've read that Rabum Alal identitys is gonna be revealed¡¡

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjak is finally here! I've been hounding after this title since I first saw the character show up in X-O Manowar. This is gonna be AMAZING!

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My pull list for the week,

1. Action Comics #40

2. Batman Eternal #49

3. Detective Comics Endgame #1

4. Earth 2 Worlds End #23

5. Futures End #45

6. Green Lantern Corps #40

7. Injustice Year Three #11

8. Justice League United #10

9. New Suicide Squad #8

10. Secret Six #3

11. Superman #39

12. Worlds Finest #32

13. The Walking Dead #138

14. Star Wars #3

15. Big Trouble in Little China #9

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Gwen <3

StarOfElyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Finally, Ant-Man #3. It feels like it's been forever since the last one!

GokaiFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna buy the new Thor comic because because I am actually invested and interested in Thor's unworthiness. But I don't feel like dropping 4 bucks on another issue that centers around Jason Aaron telling everyone how they're sexists if they don't like his new blank slate, no personality having, "Thor".

Totally getting New Avengers and Bill and Ted's!

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NINJAK!!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Ninjak #1 and Sheltered #15 this week.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

DP

Avatar image for everybodyhateschris
EverybodyHatesChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting picks. I am going for Star Wars, Amazing Spider-man, Ant-man, Spider-gwen, Ninjak (or Ninja-K), Thor, and maybe Action Comics and Suicide Squad.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider Gwens costume cant be usefull in fights, to be honest.

You are correct, She need to wear a white version of what 616 Jessica Drew is wearing now. Most more effective.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Ninjak

- East of West

- Mortal Kombat

- Shutter

- Southern Cross

- Secret Six

- Justice League United

- Star Wars

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Aeroman

definitely getting star wars, spider-gwen, ant-man and ninjak

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I do hope that they are not about to kick Spider-Man's life in the figurative balls again now that things seem to be looking up for him.

Kgphil01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Excited the most for Ninjak and Unity, I absolutley love Valiant and the characters/world they create. Also cannot wait for Ant-Man and Star Wars #3 both series have been so good so far! Hoping spawn gets a good bit of fresh air with the return of Al Simmons! Way to many to buy this week

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

antmannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

~MiB

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortal Kombat X

Injustice God Among US

Amazing Spider-Man

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars #3

Detective Comics Endgame #1

Batman Arkham Knight #1

Justice League United #10

Captain Marvrl #13

Guardians Team up #2

and... I might check out Spawn Resurrection #1

agro4562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 57

1.Ninjak

2.Unity

3.Mortal Kombat X

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Avengers, Ant-Man, and Constantine for me. Maybe Howard the Duck. Maybe.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

AC gets some love. Totes exited for it

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153