• 64 results
Posted by G-Man (32457 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the beginning of the week so that means it's time for us to share what comics we are looking forward to and the ones you should make sure to pick up when you visit your local comic shop this Wednesday. It's always a tough decision narrowing it down to two titles (which is why sometimes we cheat and pick three).

Check out our selections below. If a book you're super excited for didn't make our list, be sure to mention in in the comments!

Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero's picks

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #3

Scott Snyder and Jim Lee have created a new threat for Superman. At least it sure does look like he's going to be a threat. In the first couple issues, we saw bits of a new character and it turns out the U.S. Army has been trying to keep him a secret from Superman. The two met in a cool way last issue and there's no telling what will happen next.

Snyder and Lee have been carving out a great little corner of the Superman universe. They're telling their own story yet it feels completely immersed with the rest of the New 52. Seeing characters like Lois, Jimmy and Lex have been great treats as we wait to see what the story has in store for them.

Snyder has also brought out Superman's inner voice. We've sometimes heard the thoughts going through Superman's head but lately there hasn't been too much. Seeing what he's thinking and how he perceives everything allows us to gain further insight into the Man of Steel and appreciate what makes him the character we all love. All this plus some big time action has been making this a fun read.

Of course we can expect another backup by Snyder and Dustin Nguyen.

A preview can be seen over at Maxim.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #16

I may have mentioned once or twice (or a dozen times) how great the Hobgoblin is. He was one of the great mysteries in comics that last over a decade. Dan Slott pulled a shocking move with the apparent death way back in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #649 (2011) but the way it played out was perfect. Things aren't always as they seem.

It was Phil Urich that thought he killed the original Hobgoblin. Now he's found himself working for the original but he's been having a bit of a hard time lately. Working for the Kingpin, Urich suddenly lost his job security when the SUPERIOR Spider-Man decided to take him down including all of Shadowland.

As Otto Octavius continues his brutal crusade as Spider-Man, Hobgoblin has been targeted and his identity has been revealed. The cover doesn't bode too well for Urich especially with Spider-Man's new track record. We'll definitely want to see what Dan Slott has planned for Urich and with Humberto Ramos' art, it's going to look pretty cool.

Check out the rest of the preview at CBR.

DAREDEVIL #30

Mark Waid has been on a major roll with this series. It's been mentioned before how we've been seeing amazing runs with Daredevil and Mark Waid is no exception to that. Each issue has kept us on the edge of our seats and Waid is always throwing the twists and turns our ways to catch us off guard. The overall story thread mixed with each issue's individual story has given the series a great cohesive vibe and you just feel Waid truly cares about the characters.

And now we have the Silver Surfer showing up. What possible reason could these two characters be together? It's pretty crazy but just the sort of thing Waid could pull off with ease.

Throughout the series we've also been treated to amazing art by several great artists. Javier Rodriguez has been doing the colors and did the art the last couple issues. And anytime we can see some Chris Samnee art, it's a good time.

Honorable Mentions: So many this week - BATMAN BEYOND UNIVERSE #1, BATMAN AND NIGHTWING #23, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23, 100 BULLETS: BROTHER LONO #3, NOVA #7, ...

Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring's picks

KISS KIDS #1

Ok, I get it. The title of this comic comes off as a bit weird/creepy, but the book isn't. If you ever watched Muppet Babies, growing up, then there's a lot of familiarity to this book.

Also, if you like the band KISS, at all, you'll probably going to pick this book up.

Writers Chris Ryall and Tom Waltz and artist Jose Holder provide a book filled with numerous, fun, short stories. If you've ever wanted to see an adorable version of KISS as kids, then this is the book for you. Have a little fun. Pick up something a bit out there. Try something new. I'm telling you all the same things that your mom told you as a kid, for good reason.

KISS KIDS may be different from what you normally read, but sometimes different can be really good.

X-O MANOWAR #16

It's the road to UNITY!

In the last issue, Aric and Gilad has a long talk about Aric's place in this new world, and where he fits in. At the end of the issue, it didn't end to well, and it looks like Aric and Gilad will be battling it out this month. X-O MANOWAR has been awesome. It's a fantastic series that mixes science fiction, super-hero, and historical fiction together insanely well.

Valiant fans will love this issue even more because of the cross over between X-O MANOWAR and ARCHER & ARMSTRONG. This may not be the best place to jump onto the book, but if you're looking forward to the upcoming UNITY event, then you need to start reading this series now. Also, you should read it because it's awesome.

You can check out the full preview we posted last week HERE.

Gregg 'k4tz' Katzman's picks

TMNT VILLAIN MICROSERIES #5 KARAI

"There's a new IDW TMNT book coming out this week. I bet that guy on Comic Vine is going to bug me to read it."

You're darn right, random reader! First and foremost, if you even remotely like TMNT and you're NOT reading City Fall, then you need to rectify that, like, right now. Once you've caught up, you can dive into this new issue focused solely on Karai.

That's right -- the very awesome granddaughter of the Shredder has a chapter all to herself and you bet I'm stoked. If the Micro-Series has successfully given more depth to the likes of Alopex, then you bet I'm beyond anxious to see more of Karai's life and backstory.

This is sure to be a good one, my fellow TMNT fans.

Check out our full exclusive preview HERE.

VENOM #39

If you've been reading VENOM or have at least read the last issue, then yeah, it's safe to say you know why I'm itching to pick this one up.

Sure, VENOM is consistently awesome for numerous reasons, but now a major game changer has been thrown into the mix and I'm pumped to see how writer Cullen Bunn will make everything unfold from here.

Besides, more of Kim Jacinto's art + guaranteed action = my eyes are in for a very good time.

BLOODSHOT #0

It's time to FINALLY dive face first into Bloodshot's past. Who is he? Are any of those memories real or is every family member in his head a complete lie? Also, why was he created in the first place?

Sure, the gritty action and spanning drama with shady organizations occasionally helps us cast aside these questions, but now it's time to get some answers. Naturally, it's only convenient this zero issue comes before a new creative team and new direction takes over the title.

Long time Bloodshot fan or not, this seems like a solid place to jump on and understand why so many of us love this chaotic book.

Honorable Mentions: TMNT New Animated Adventures #2, Indestructible Hulk #12

Jen 'MissJ' Aprahamian's picks

WONDER WOMAN #23

Let's get ready to rumble.

After a powerful build-up through Issue #22 -- but maybe not as much on the action side of things in last month's "The Calm" -- we're primed for a pretty big face-off with First Born. With Villains Month coming up, WONDER WOMAN is right on that precipice before a great, arc-closing battle, and Issue #23 looks like it's going to deliver.

And if you needed any extra convincing? Chiang's brilliant cover should do the trick (I'm going to throw this in as a suggestion for this week's Best Covers as well as one of my Essentials picks!).

CHIN MUSIC #2

I've been waiting for this book. Since May, in fact. Sending a bullet through Al Capone's skull and then leaving us hanging for a few months is a cruel tease, but I'm confident that it'll pay off in this next issue. We get to see an Eliot Ness who lost his big catch, the supernaturally-powered man who stole it from him, and the fallout of the Capone hit. And if it's anything like the debut, we'll be treated to more lush, deco art from Tony Harris.

I'm calling it an essential for Image readers, supernatural/occult fans, and anyone who needed a little reminder that this fascinating little tale from Steve Niles and Tony Harris wasn't just a one-shot.

No preview available.

REVIVAL #13

KARAOKE TRIPLE DATE NIGHT sounds like a cheesy idea, but in Wausau, it's probably far scarier than just bad singing.

We've got a set up for some great character moments (what's a better time for emotional tension than Valentine's Day?), and also for anything and everything to go awry when Em babysits a kid "like her."

Count this as the week's essential pick for horror fans, complete with a positively creepy cover by Jenny Frison.

You can check out the full preview at CBR.

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder's picks

BATWOMAN #23

Who better to bring down the Bat than the woman who put on his mantle, but found her own way to own it. J.H. Williams III has made this one of the breakout hits of the New 52 by showing us a much more different side of Gotham than the one we see in the numerous Batman titles.

From ghost hunting to demon slaying, Batwoman has uncovered a side of the city that gives this book its own voice and its own tone. W. Haden Blackman co-writing has been an absolute treat, and with series regular Trevor McCarthy returning to artistic duties for this, a story that eschews many of the supernatural elements the series is known for, seems like a perfect fit for a more grounded tale. And I am on pins and needles for when Katherine Kane finally crosses swords (metaphorical or literal) with Bruce Wayne.

You can check out the full preview over at USA Today.

SUPERGIRL #23

The last few issues of Supergirl have been an absolute renaissance for the book. With Michael Alan Nelson at the forefront and the always-excellent Mahmud Asrar continuing artistic duties, the adventures of Kara Zor-El have never been more interesting or more character-driven.

From a promising start at the beginning of the New-52 as a stranger in a strange land quickly devolved into her being a dull, near-bumbling elitist who couldn't stop being absorbed into villains or falling in love with them.

This new direction has not only taken her off Earth so she can establish herself, with a few knowing, self-referential jabs at the series' past.

The introduction of Cyborg Superman has been one of the most interesting reveals of the relaunch as well as being a great, strange new character with absolutely fascinating motivations, but VASTLY more realistic methods has me actually anticipating this book as opposed to pre-rolling my eyes.

No preview available.

AVENGERS #18

Infinity is here and it has exploded out of the gate with an amazing first issue. Jonathan Hickman, one of the principle minds behind Infinity, continues his cerebral, surreal run on Avengers now with all the plot threads coming together.

And while I'm not ever thrilled about Stefano Caselli departing a book, replacing him with the razor-sharp lines of Leinil Yu isn't a bad way to the take the sting out of that news.

Hickman has been amazing at keeping more balls in the air than I can count and the way he's been keeping things (mostly) coherent is absolutely stunning and to see them all come to a head across these titles should be one of the highlights of the last few months, if not the entire year.

You can check out the full preview over at CBR.

And if you want to follow us on Twitter: Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

Staff
#1 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I will definitely get Daredevil this week.

#2 Posted by stevencarver_ (91 posts) - - Show Bio

My picks for this week:

Justice League Dark #23

Avengers #18

Superior Spider-Man #16

Nova #7

X-Men #4

X-Men Legacy #15

#3 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, Superman Unchained, Wonder Woman, Batwoman, X-O Manowar

#4 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (973 posts) - - Show Bio

Good week

Venom,Superior Spiderman, Avengers and a few more this week for me

#5 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say, I don't care for the Daredevil cover so much. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome. It's just where the surfboard is aiming.

• Daredevil
  • TMNT New Animated Adventures
  • Superman Unchained
  • X-Men
  • Batman Beyond Universe

I can't believe no one said X-Men!

#6 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Asrar said he was officially off Supergirl?

#7 Posted by Ando123 (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom, JLD, Sup Spidey , Daredevil., Superman Unchained, Xo-Manowar, Wonder WOman

#8 Edited by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Great week for comics.

Batman and Nightwing. JLD, Superman Unchained, Wonder Woman, Trinity of Sin Pandora, Avengers, DD, Superior Spidey and my usual Valiant lovin'. Big money week but I still want to track back Flash from the latest issue to 18 so that won't be too nice either.

@g_money_christmas: Has X-Men been good? I feel like the hype has died down immensely following the first issue...

#9 Posted by WWAJfan (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom

#10 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man #23

Daredevil #30

Green Lantern: New Guardians #23

Justice League Dark #23

Superman Unchained #3

Wonder Woman #23

#11 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkguy said:

@g_money_christmas: Has X-Men been good? I feel like the hype has died down immensely following the first issue...

I like it but the ending to the first arc was disappointing and uneventful. I thought I was missing some pages. Other than that I've thought it was a good story and I like the all female team

#12 Posted by Ando123 (220 posts) - - Show Bio

oh I forgot the TMNT villian book

#13 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

To many titles I like coming out this week

Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Venom, X-Men, Avengers, Cable and X-Force, Daredevil, Indestructible Hulk, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates.

DC: Superman Unchained, Justice League Dark, Batman and Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Batman Beyond Universe, Batwoman, New Guardians, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Supergirl, Trinity of Sin: Pandora.

#14 Posted by TommytheHitman (3093 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah! Maonwar!

#15 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking at the Infinity preview, maybe I'm wrong but why does Hyperion have on a red suit instead of his gray suit ?

#16 Posted by longbowhunter (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to jump back on Wonder Woman but I've been gone so long I have no idea what's going on.

#17 Posted by manwithoutshame (654 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't be the only one reading Brother Lono, Azzarello and Risso doin' their thing, and I love it.

Brother Lono 3

Justice League Dark 23

Superman Unchained 3

TMNT Villains 5

Daredevil 30

#18 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Just my usuall titles:

Superman Unchained 3

Supergirl 23

WonderWoman 23

JLD 23

Pandora 3

And best of all - HeMan MotU

No Dynamite titles for me this week :(

Also, my new DC covergirls Platinum Statue. Its so sad what happened to her in JL 19. I hope professor Magnus rebuilds her and she gets another chance at joining the JL :)

#19 Edited by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Nightwing

Judge Dredd

Chin Music

Superman Unchained

Possibly Wonder Woman based on that cover.

#20 Posted by MissJ (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Might wanna start fresh after this issue. It's an arc-closer.

Staff
#21 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Dark #23

Indestructible Hulk #12

Superman Unchained #3

#22 Posted by Mezmero (921 posts) - - Show Bio

This week I'll be reading Superior Spidey, Daredevil, Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman. I might want to check out TMNT New Animated Adventures since I won't be getting more of the cartoon for a while.

#23 Posted by CaptainHoopla (986 posts) - - Show Bio

Good week!

Bloodshot 0, X-O Manowar 16, Avengers 18, Daredevil 30, Indestructible Hulk 12, X-Men 4, Batwoman 23, Wonder Woman 23

#24 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be getting TMNT :)>

NOT!

Sorry katzman, I couldn't resist :)

#25 Posted by jackbensley777 (648 posts) - - Show Bio

superman unchained 3

Justice league dark 23 ( everyone one should be reading trinity war)

batman and robing 23 (robin might be back... or just carrie kelly)

Dare devil

Avengers or New avengers... not buying both help me out

Conan or wonderwoman or batwoman HELP ME

#26 Posted by deadpool25mm (592 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I think ill get the Daredevil, since Silversurfer is there :)

#27 Posted by vPuik (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it'll be Superior Spider-Man, Indestructible Hulk, Nova and Masters of the Universe. I'm just missing All new X-Men and I'd get all my favorites at once. Maybe i'll pickup Daredevil too.

#28 Posted by marvelman2099 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

no love for thunderbolts #14

#29 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackbensley777: if you really like a title that's out of the mainstream, you will get conan nomatter what. If you can't decide between WW or BatWoman, get the Batwoman vol3 trade. It has both of them in a WorldsFinest'esqe teamup. Its drawn by williamsIII ; he draws them beautifully in it.

#30 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21705 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Nightwing

Superman Unchained

XO Manowar

#31 Posted by Xwraith (17301 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT Micro, X-O Manowar, and X-Men.

#32 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

Only getting Animal Man #23.

#33 Posted by Fenderxx (398 posts) - - Show Bio

That Wonder Woman cover badass

#34 Edited by Cavemold (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

XO manowar for sure and venom if its there my lcs

#35 Posted by longbowhunter (7047 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom

Indestructible Hulk

Superior Spider-Man

X-Men #4

#37 Posted by jackbensley777 (648 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy: i havent read any dark horse conan but i collect the marvel series

#38 Edited by bladewolf (729 posts) - - Show Bio

Light week for me: Superman Unchained #3, Justice League Dark #23, and I'm going to try and pick up the last 2 issues of X-O Manowar assuming the shop has them.

#39 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

I get character evolution and bla bla bla

But I dont like the fact that Venom wants to kill Jack (At least the previews say so)

I mean his last appearance besides the one last month , his laster one, Venom shows hes not a villan and proved that to Jack by putting him in Prison, I loved the character and wished he would come back with more meaning and not be possibly killed)

#40 Posted by monsterduc (85 posts) - - Show Bio

100 BULLETS: BROTHER LONO #3

BATMAN AND NIGHTWING #23

CHEW, VOL 07: BAD APPLES TP

CHIN MUSIC #2

DAREDEVIL #30

INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #12

NUMBERCRUNCHER #2

SUPERMAN: UNCHAINED #3

THE BOUNCE #4

THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #16

THIEF OF THIEVES #16

X-MEN #4

X-O MANOWAR, VOL 03: PLANET DEATH TP

#41 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7820 posts) - - Show Bio

Only Daredevil #30 for me this week.

But, I can hardly wait to read it.

#42 Posted by Hanson724 (558 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodshot

GL New Guardians

XO Manowar

Supergirl

Superman Unchained

Chin Music

and Venom

#43 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spidey, Daredevil, Avengers, Xmen, Nova, Captain America, Indestructible Hulk, Thunderbolts, Ultimates, Brother Lono, Animal Man, Batman and Nightwing, JLD, Superman Unchained, Wonder Woman, Revival, Bloodshot, XO Manowar, Judge Dredd.

#44 Posted by fables87 (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman and Batwoman!

#45 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

What am I getting this week?

WONDER WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#46 Edited by Poncho (64 posts) - - Show Bio

CAPTAIN AMERICA

#47 Edited by Mellow_Hype (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf?! Kiss? I'm excited about kiss this week, said no one.

#48 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

@vpuik: @lifeboy: Yeah! high five for the He-man *High five*

Yeah so im picking up the He-man this week, plus Superior Spider-man, I might check out might avengers, Green Lantern New Guardians (maybe), the rest ill play it by ear.

#49 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Dark #23

Superman Unchained #3

Wonder Woman #23

Crossed Badlands #35

#50 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally picking up Superior Spider-man. I don't care that some people still don't care for Otto as Spider-man, I'm loving the book.