• 66 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

So we meet again, new comic book day. You present me with many options -- too many, in fact. Just like many of you out there, my eyes are far larger than my checking account. We can't afford every title out there, so we need to spend our budget wisely. If you're looking for something new or if you're not sure what's worthy of checking out this week, here are the issues the Comic Vine staff are excited to pick up. Will you be purchasing any of these up or does your list of essential comics look quite different? Speak your mind below.

Gregg Katzman's picks

TMNT #22

No Caption Provided

My love for IDW's reboot of the classic franchise is certainly no secret. I've bombarded you guys with my praise issue after issue, and I'm thrilled to say I'm loving every new issue just as much as the very first one. They've managed to completely revitalize the Turtles experience, keeping it both familiar and fresh and, of course, a blast. All of the key players are around and plenty of respect is given to each, but slight changes are made here and there which brilliantly expand the world and give it so much new life.

Issue #22 is going to bring about one of those chances as the hugely anticipated 'City Fall' finally kicks off. TMNT: THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE FOOT CLAN expanded on Shredder's all-new origin and now he's making his big move: he's taking over New York. And directly by his side? No, it's not Karai -- it's Leonardo. How and why Leo's by his side has yet to be revealed, but designs of "Dark Leo" have been released and it's seriously awesome. This looks like it'll be TMNT's first huge tale, so if you've been meaning to check this book out, this is the PERFECT jumping on point! My expectations are through the roof and I'm confident that Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman and Mateus Santolouco will deliver. With a phenomenal show over on Nick as well, it's truly a great time to be a Turtles fan.

Check out CBR for the final preview page.

FIVE WEAPONS #4

No Caption Provided

In a medium overflowing with broody books and super powered individuals in tights, FIVE WEAPONS is a charming escape from the norm. Written and illustrated by Jimmie Robinson, the book revolves around a new student in a school for assassins' children. There's five clubs, each specializing in a different kind of weapon, however, our main character opts to only use one weapon: his mind. Relying on wit alone, this has naturally made him quite a few enemies as he embarrasses club Presidents under their own rules and has made a unique set of friends along the way. The concept may sound graphic, but it's rated "teen" and there's no gore to be found here.

Issue #3 left off pretty much where it always does: Tyler in a situation where he apparent can't win, but he clearly has everything under control. How he'll get out of this latest scenario is beyond me, but I'm stoked to see it play out. Additionally, Robinson said this issue will switch gears a little bit, so I'm especially curious to see how the book's formula may take a bit of a change. Lighthearted, fun and basically lovable, FIVE WEAPONS is a limited-series that should definitely be on your radar if you're looking for something new.

No preview is available.

Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero's picks

THE WAKE #1

No Caption Provided

These days we tend to see a lot of the same sort of comics. THE WAKE is shaping up to fall into the "something else" category. There shouldn't be any need of convincing with this title. Being from Vertigo, you have an idea of the type of book we could get. Of course there's no denying the fact that because it's from Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy, it's practically a guaranteed awesome series.

Aside from BATMAN, Snyder has been blowing us away with AMERICAN VAMPIRE (also from Vertigo) as well as titles such as SEVERED, both which illustrate Snyder's ability to tell different sorts of stories.

Sean Murphy's art speaks for itself. Murphy is just coming off the successful PUNK ROCK JESUS that left readers wondering what he'd be doing next. With his recent team up with Snyder on AMERICAN VAMPIRE: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, they've already shown how well they work together. Since this is the first issue of a new miniseries, it's the perfect place to jump on.

MIND THE GAP #10

No Caption Provided

Jim McCann's series has been filled with mystery and suspense. We've been wondering who is responsible for all the attack against Elle, the main character. As the events have unfolded, we've discovered more and more layers to the story. With so many characters involved, there was no telling who is innocent or guilty.

This issue is going to change some of that. The mysterious "Hoodie" character's identity has been unknown and now we're about to discover who it is. This could change the direction of the story. Most likely it will add another set of new questions.

With each issue, this series shows the importance of a strong story to hook you in and guide you along. Of course you cannot deny the fact that Rodin Esquejo's art has been phenomenal. This is a series that will always leave you guessing and wanting more.'

No preview is available.

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #4

No Caption Provided

The Justice League of America may have been formed to take on the Justice League but from the beginning they've been headed towards a different and deadlier confrontation. We first caught a glimpse of the Secret Society of Super-Villains back n JUSTICE LEAGUE #6. Geoff Johns has been slowly revealing more about then as they seem to be gearing up for a big showdown against the world behind the scenes.

With Green Arrow barely escaping with his life when he went undercover, the attack against what appeared to be Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman (at first) and the decision to try to get another mole into the Society, this League is playing an extremely dangerous game.

With Brett Booth filling in on the art side, we're in for an interesting ride

We've also been seeing some interesting backups featuring Martian Manhunter. Looks like he'll also be trying to infiltrate the society. This isn't the Martian Manhunter we've known before. This is a character you don't want to mess with and with each appearance, he's shaping up to be a bigger threat to everyone.

MTV Geek has an exclusive preview.

EARTH 2 ANNUAL #1

No Caption Provided

Earth 2 has been a world of 'anything goes.' In the very first issue, we saw the deaths of the DC Trinity. James Robinson has been building up a new cast of characters, taken from past versions of characters we've known for years. With a fresh take on a comic universe, Robinson has been able to seemingly do what he wants. That included introducing a new Batman.

With the first annual hitting the shovels, the promise of a new Batman has us all wondering what Robinson has up his sleeve. Previous statements from the writer have told us that this won't be a gimmick. This is a character that will appear again.

You'll want to be on hand for this 'first appearance' of a new Batman. Because of the nature of the Earth 2 world, we don't know if it is a completely new character or an existing DC character that's decided to take on the mantle. That's one thing that makes comics fun and exciting, having a great mystery you get to watch unfold.

Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring's picks

CLONE #7

No Caption Provided

Month after month, this is one of my Top of the Pile picks because it's an incredibly grounded and awesome series with a sci-fi twist that isn't so far off from our reality. The best part about this series is that this world has opened up and it truly feels like it's going to be a great on-going series with many twists and turns.

And although many of the characters in the book look almost identical, writer David Schulner does a great job at developing them through story and dialogue. Plus, Juan Jose Ryp does some wickedly detailed art in this series. This is one of my favorite on-going series.

No preview is available.

X-MEN #1

No Caption Provided

Writer Brian Wood is one of my favorite writers, especially when it comes to team books. His work on ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN is nothing short of pure brilliance. Whether you like this team line up or not, and you should because it's awesome, this is sure to be a great read. The Marvel Now books have really been shaking things up, and I'm very intrigued to see where this series will take us. If that's not enough to get you to pick up this book, then mohawk Storm and Jubilee are both here. That should be enough. You're welcome.

Jen 'MissJ' Aprahamian's picks

MORNING GLORIES #27

No Caption Provided

I can't wait to find out which new mysteries Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma have in store for us in this month's MORNING GLORIES. Things have been getting tenser, with time travel, doppelgängers, and murderous plots, and I keep waiting for the next issue to find out how it all fits together (and how much more intense things will get!).

No preview is available.

ADVENTURE TIME ANNUAL #1

No Caption Provided

ADVENTURE TIME has been charming me for a while now, and I think I may enjoy the comics more than the original series. They're hilarious, they're filled with subtext (literally, in some cases -- I adore hunting for tiny print in the gutters), and a wide range of creators has been featured in backups, tie-ins, and special issues. I'm looking forward to the anthology-style annual; I expect to find an abundance of whimsy, in an even bigger dose than usual.

HempKnight757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By HempKnight757

Earth 2 Annual & The Wake of course.

Really looking forward to reading it, but almost wanna wait to read both for follow up issue.

Also picking up Batman & Justice League issue from this month.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

City Fall looks great! Can't wait!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I wish my parents would give me extra money for Adventure Time :(.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

STOP MAKING NEW BOOKS I WANT TO BUY!!! I don't have time to read all this $#!% anymore......

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

STOP MAKING NEW BOOKS I WANT TO BUY!!! I don't have time to read all this $#!% anymore......

My sentiments exactly.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By charlieboy

Can't wait for X-men 1. So looking forward to that.

Avatar image for revolver_bobcat
Revolver_Bobcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Essential Comic: New Avengers #6 Nuff' Said.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Sara's list? Has she quit? :(

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men.

X-Men.

X-Men.

o_0

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Cannot wait for X-Men!

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

But, I am looking forward to X-Men; my expectations for that are just, well, huge.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

From the list I am getting:

the Wake

JLA

Earth 2 Annual

X-men

Morning Glories

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

X-Men and TMNT for me. I'll probably start reading X-O Manowar too.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Cavemold

Nothing for me

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Earth 2 Annual

Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual

JLA

The Wake

X-Men

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League of America 4

Adventures of Superman 1

Avatar image for samwritescomics
Samwritescomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickxh said:

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just The Wake and TMNT this week for me.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Smurfboy

Very tempting to get X-Men. Hm. But I know I will get Gambit #13! I heard that Gambit series is getting cancel (according to IGN). Can anyone double-check to see if it's actually true? I can't believe Gambit can't last longer as much as I want it to be.

EDIT: And also, does anyone know what the heck happened to Silver Surfer series? It seems like Marvel has forgot about him! I quickly researched and, apparently, he will be a special guest in one of new Daredevil soon.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

AAND

I don't have the money. My monthly bills shouldn't include comics.

( + )

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

Only three

JLA

Red Hood

Earth 2

though I will pick up the current trade for TMNT and try to FINALLY get caught up.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! I love to see Clone getting some attention!

Dm225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dm225

Only three for me this week

Justice League of America

Indestructible Hulk

New Avengers

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

New Avengers

The Wake

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

TMNT!

Where can I find a IDW list of "when new comics come out" Like how DC has a list when new comics come out.
Also one for Valiant!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

Catwoman Annual #1

Earth 2 Annual #1

Justice League Of America #4

Red Hood And The Outlaws Annual #1

Wake #1

MARVEL

Avenging Spider-Man #21

Captain America #7

Dark Avengers #190

Indestructible Hulk #8

New Avengers #6

Savage Wolverine #5

Uncanny X-Men #4

Wolverine And The X-Men #30

X-Men #1

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By ccraft

@dondave: nice list, wish I could get that much Marvel.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Looks like a good week. Mind the Gap finally.

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Falconer

I wasn't even aware Snyder was on a new book. Cool! Have they said how long they plan for this series to go? Or are they just testing the waters with something new? I might end up waiting for the trade/hardcover...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Earth 2 Annual 1

RHATO Annual 1

Smallville Season 11 Special 1

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

I have been eyeing TMNT for the past 2 weeks, but thats it... this wednesday you have made up my mind sir, its on !

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Earth-2!

HempKnight757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Expensive week for you. Hope all the stories are good. My list seems to shrinking month to month.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iaconpoint

@nickxh said:

Is she the only reason you come to this site? Geez.

Nothing is on my pull list this week. Been wanting to check out Morning Glories, this must be my chance.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hawkguy

Captain America 7!

New Avengers 6!!

The Wake!!!

TMNT!!!!1111!!111!1!!1111!!!!

Damn fine week. Damn fine.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth 2 Annual and X-Men. Light week.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Catsnlynne

I'm getting Earth 2 Annual #1, Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #1, The Flash, Savage Hawkman, and Deadpool.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Wake

JLA

Adventures of Superman

Clone

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can't wait for City fall!!! Also fionna and cake is much better than the normal adventure time.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

JLA #4 and Earth 2 Annual #1 are the ones among these I will get and a few others to get my May holds ^_^

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Zeeguy91

Only 5 for me this week:

Justice League of America #4

The Wake #1

Indestructible Hulk #8

Red Hood & the Outlaws Annual

X-Men #1

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting Captain America and The Wake.

Nuec_Sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nuec_Sol

Mind the Gap has been great

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need to catch up on TMNT. But looking forward to JLA #4

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be getting

Justice League of America 4, because it's great.

The Wake 1, because it looks creepy

TMNT 22, new storyline looks exciting

Fury Max 12, which has been pretty awesome up to this point

Captain America 7, I've been loving this series. Dimension Z is so trippy...

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Wish I could be picking up

Zan and jayna

Starman

Freedom Fighters

Other than that, just JLA4

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Wake sounds awesome! But it's an 11-issue run, iirc. I'd have to drop something else from my pull...say, maybe Snyder's Batman Year Zero, another 11 issue run. Tempting.

I think I'll have to wait for the trade.