• 47 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

A new week has begun and that can mean only one thing: it's almost time for brand new comics. There's a lot of new issues coming out this Wednesday, so deciding what is worth picking up most definitely isn't easy. Well, we here at Comic Vine want to help you out. We've reviewed this week's list of new comics and we've each selected a couple or so that we recommend picking up. Once you're done seeing what we suggest, you're more than welcome to chime in with your own list of "essential" comics.

*Some previews are in reverse order*

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero's picks

BATMAN #28

No Caption Provided

We may be deep into Zero Year but in order to allow Greg Capullo a chance to wonderfully draw the next issue (which will be a little bigger than usual), we get this special look into the future of Batman. In some ways, it makes sense. We're looking at his past in Zero Year so why not jump forward a bit as well?

We may not have Capullo here but we get art by Dustin Nguyen. It's great and will be a little weird (since we're so used to his art from LI'L GOTHAM). He's been doing a couple pages in SUPERMAN UNCHAINED but this will give us a chance to see a full issue by him. Scott Snyder teased before an image of a newly designed character. It appears it could be Harper Row and the preview does feature her as well.

What could the future of BATMAN and BATMAN ETERNAL hold for us? This issue is not one that should be missed.

SHE-HULK #1

No Caption Provided

It's been too long since She-Hulk's had her own series. She's always been a fun and interesting character, despite having her roots spin out of the Hulk. While she's more than capable of holding her own in a fight and being a serious character, Dan Slott, Matt Fraction and Lee Allred have shown us she works perfectly as a character in a more humorous book as well.

Charles Soule has wowed us with many titles already. The fact that he's a practicing lawyer as well adds a nice twist to the title. Javier Pulido's art and Muntsa Vicente's colors look like they'll make this comic a joy to read as well.

WINTER SOLDIER: BITTER MARCH #1

No Caption Provided

Have I mentioned lately how much I loved Ed Brubaker'sThe Winter Soldier story? It's amazing what he was able to do with the character. With Rick Remender currently writing CAPTAIN AMERICA, it makes sense that he would also take on this Winter Soldier miniseries.

While Bucky may be busy in the pages of ALL-NEW INVADERS, this series takes us back to 1966. If you think about it, what was the Winter Soldier doing back then?

Seeing how this deals with Nick Fury and SHIELD's interaction with the Winter Soldier will make this very interesting.

THE BUNKER #1

No Caption Provided

We've talked about THE BUNKER before on our podcasts. This is a creator-owned series by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Joe Infurnari. That should be all you'd need to know to want to get this book.

The first few chapters were available at thebunkercomic.com. Now the series is coming to print via Oni Press. But that's not all, Infurnari added color to each panel and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

The series is about a group of friends who set out to bury a time capsel only discover a Bunker buried. What they find inside are clues that could either save or doom the world. Oh yeah, the bunker and letters inside are from themselves…in the future.

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring's picks

MANIFEST DESTINY #4

No Caption Provided

How many comics, this week, will feature Sacagawea fighting hordes of buffalotaur? Only one: MANIFEST DESTINY. This book is another triumph from Image comics. Writer Chris Dingess took the historical tale of Lewis and Clark and turned it into one amazing adventure, featuring a ton of mythology that is strange, unusual, and utterly brilliant. I may sound like a broken record when it comes to books from Image, but they're nailing it out of the park right now with these books. This was originally a series I didn't really care for, from the original solicit, but I picked it up on a whim, and I've been loving it ever since and you will too.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #27.NOW

No Caption Provided

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN may be coming to a close (who knows though), but it's heading out with a bang as this issue truly starts the "Goblin Nation" story line. Is Norman Osborne behind the Green Goblin mask or is something else going on? When will the true Hobgoblin return to the fight? How is Peter Parker's spirit or essence still around? All these questions are going to be answered in this upcoming arc and this is the place to jump on! This series has been a blast and I can't wait to see how it ends! Dan Slott has been nothing but stellar on this entire series.

Gregg "k4tz" Katzman's picks

DEADPOOL #23

No Caption Provided

Deadpool as a Xenomorph on the cover and in the issue he's managed to sneak into a helicarrier? Part of me is hoping co-writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn will give this one a bit of an Alien vibe and the cover isn't just for laughs. You know, a deadly and fearsome creature is onboard the vessel, slowly killing everyone it encounters. But instead of being an actual alien, it's just Deadpool slaughtering some bad guys and making the ones who are still alive very, very afraid. Sounds awesome, right? Of course it does and, based on the preview and the way the story has been going, it seems safe to assume we're going to see quite a lot of that.

Mayhem aside, this book is worth checking out because Duggan and Posehn have been doing terrific work with Wade Wilson. The series began with a strong focus on comedy and over-the-top violence, but that's now being balanced with a legitimately gripping plot and some truly compelling developments with Wade. Throw in Mike Hawthorne's strong artwork and yeah, this should be another must buy for my fellow Deadpool fans.

Check out the Preview Theatre for this issue here.

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #19.NOW

No Caption Provided

Jason Aaron has yet to disappoint with this one and seeing as this is a jumping on spot, it seems like the perfect chance for you to see why so many of us love this book, yes? With this issue, Aaron is getting a tad political as modern Thor takes on an infamous energy company, so that should be an interesting departure from the usual conflicts we've seen him face. Although, with a CEO named "The Minotaur" it seems safe to assume there will be plenty of magic and fantasy to enjoy. Future Thor, however, is facing a far more familiar threat: GALACTUS! Plus, Esad Ribic is back! If you want to know why that's exciting, take a look to the right and feast your eyes on that cover.

ETERNAL WARRIOR #6

No Caption Provided

With ETERNAL WARRIOR #5, writer Greg Pak set this book on a whole new course. Gone are the heavy fantasy elements and jumping between the past and the modern eras. Now, Pak's sent us two-thousand years into the future and is doing plenty of work to offer us an engrossing new world to explore. With the last issue's cliffhanger, he's also promised quite a bit of action, and that's something this book obviously handles particularly well (it is called Eternal Warrior, after all). He's also trimmed the cast of characters big time, allowing for a much stronger focus on Gilad and giving us a more meaningful connection to him. This is absolutely the Valiant book you should check out if you want a character-driven action title with a side dose of fantasy.

Honorable: SUICIDE SQUAD #28

Jen "MissJ" Aprahamian's picks

THE FUSE #1

No Caption Provided

Space. Murder. I'm already into this. Antony Johnston and Justin Greenwood spark up a new Image series that gives us a familiar crime procedural format in a wholly unfamiliar setting -- an orbiting power station. THE FUSE seems geared up to deliver Wild West attitude and a healthy dose of hostility towards the law, all wrapped in a space-age package. Crime and science are two things Image is doing very well right now, and I love seeing books that combine the two -- count THE FUSE #1 as an essential debut this week.

COFFIN HILL #5

No Caption Provided

Tension has been building (and building!) throughout the first four issues of COFFIN HILL, and two issues out from the end of the first arc, we're about to get a peek at something horrible. Issue #5 promises to pull back the veil on the scary happenings from 2003, and if it's anything like the previous issues, Caitlin Kittredge and Inaki Miranda are going to drop some beautiful, scary story bombs. COFFIN HILL is an essential for lovers of scary stories that read like super-solid YA fiction; it's an engaging blend of horror, angst, and small-town drama.

Visit Bloody Disgusting to read the final preview page.

Honorable: NIGHTWING #28

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder's picks

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #3

No Caption Provided

Kitten cover! Kitten cover! Kitten cover!!! Look at those kittens! Look at how silly and funny they are! Look how well Gambit is getting along with them! SO MANY KITTIES!...okay, got that out of my system, so now I can talk like an adult about this iss-LOOK HOW HAPPY THAT ONE GAMBIT'S HOLDING IS! He's having an absolute BLAST!!...Peter David hasn't missed a single step, introducing us to an amazing new cast of mutant misfits that barely cohere as a team in the most entertaining of ways. Carmine Di Giandomenico returning on art means that the illusion of motion and complex expressions will both be top-priorities in this new arc (that looks to be a PERFECT place for anyone late to the party to jump on).

JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #3

No Caption Provided

It's the Superfriends. It's the actual Superfriends...I haven't heard much evidence rebuking this interpretation of Justice League 3000, so I'm running with it! Keith Giffen is known for being something of a trickster god of comic writing, and his previous collaborations with J.M. Matteis are the tricksiest, so I have no reason to disbelieve it. But that doesn't mean there's no drama or compelling narrative, this is the Superfriends as they always SHOULD have been and last issue left off on one heckuva doozy of a cliffhanger, so I can't wait to see how Howard Porter renders the continuation of that storyline, especially with one member of the future Justice League apparently already out of commission.

AVENGERS #26

No Caption Provided

Stop it, Jonathan Hickman. Stop it. You can't keep redefining superhero and sci-fi comics THIS fundamentally every month with stories that bend the rules on what, exactly, it means to be a "mainstream" comic. All the familiar faces are there, they're behaving exactly as their characters would, but none of them are in their usual situations and with the promise of the New Avengers meeting the Avengers (remember when Cap was in both groups? Uh oh...) has me salivating like a Pavlovian dog. Only with less mutilation. Salvador Larocca leaving Iron Man was heartbreaking, but having him land on this book will do just fine to balm that wound as his inhumanly fast, ultra-detailed output will help keep things clear and concise.

Honorable: GREEN LANTERN CORPS #28

Follow us on Twitter: CV, Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Definitely looking forward to Batman and Manifest Destiny this week. Gonna checkout the Bunker once it hits trade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Just Deadpool.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

None of the images have been loading for me lately. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Avatar image for redhoodflashlantern
RedhoodFlashLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: yea i'm getting an error on all images

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light but excellent week for me. Deadpool, Thor, Superior Spider-Man, & Batman.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By timelord

A good week for me as my pull list grows ever larger

Batman #28: I have not been reading Zero Year but I am curios as to what Batman: Eternal will be about so why not?

Forever :Evil: Rogues Rebellion #5: More Rouges give me! They better get there own series after Forever: Evil wraps up the perfect amount of humor and action every issue I can not wait for this issue.

Green Lantern Corps #28 : I am really having a hard time remembering what happened last issue will have to go back and re read it.

Justice League of America #12 : Only two more issues to go for JLA I will miss this book as I have enjoyed it quite thoroughly. I have been loving the development we have been getting for Stargirl I hope we see more of it this issue.

Superboy #28: More of John being evil what's not to love?

Superman/Wonder Woman #5 : Zod!!! that is all and Charles Soule too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely give Bitter March a look.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nightwing 28

Eternal Warrior 6

Smallville Alien 3

Kick-Ass 3 #6 "The Secret Origin of Hit-Girl" SO PUMPED!

I was supposed to get Batman 28, but since its not a Zero Year, I think I'll skip it.

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Batman #28
All-New X-Men #23
Superior Spider-Man #27.NOW

Avatar image for xescapetheliesx
XescapetheliesX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isn't Dustin Nguyen on an A list monthly title? His art like amazing...

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Corey's+Mat+Greg for this week are my picks. Excited.

Avatar image for redhoodflashlantern
RedhoodFlashLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome Week~~!!!

Batgirl #28

Batman #28

Constantine #11

Forever Evil : Rogues Rebellion #5

Green Lantern Corps #28

Justice League 3000 #3

Justice League Of America #12

Nightwing #28

Suicide Squad #28

Superman/Wonder Woman #5

Coffin Hill #5

Superior Spider-Man #27

Manifest Destiny #4

Walking Dead #121

Fuse #1

Mercenary Sea #1

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time capsel! time capsel! time capsel!

lol.

Yeah! Gonna fill my bunker with THE Bunker :D

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not getting any of these but I have to say, that Coffin Hill preview looks cool. I might pick up the first arc in trade. I'm a sucker for witchcraft stories.

My pull list for the week is:

• All New X-Men #23
  • Constantine #11
  • FE: Rogues Rebellion #5
  • X-Force #1
  • X-Men Legacy #24 (How is this not on the list? Legacy is one of, if not the, best things to come out of Marvel NOW!)

Looks like it's a double-dose of Spurrier for me this week, and I couldn't be happier.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Manifest Destiny with a kick ass Sacajawea? SOLD!

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Batman this week, and maybe last week's issue of Action if my shop gets order in.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hmmm. I think I am going to skip Batman if it isn't about zero year since I have little interest in Eternal.

I'm very excited for Winter Soldier.

Also picking up Eternal Warrior, Avengers, Secret Avengers, Fatale, Thor, and Harbinger

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Squad, Superior, Avengers, Justice League Beyond, Wolverine & the X-Men, Justice League 3000, and maybe X-Force

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool list.

pretty good week for me.

Superman/WW #5

Currently my favorite series out there. Stars one of my favorites, Superman. Soule is doing an amazing job at writing. Tony Daniels is killing it with the art. And it has Zod AND Faora in it. Seriously could it get any better?

Justice League 3000 #3

Wasn't so sure about this series but so far Porter has been amazing on art and the writing and characterization is just so hilarious. Really enjoying this series so far.

Nightwing # 28

The last story line before this series ends and major changes happen for Dick Grayson so, looking forward to this.

JLA # 12

This series had so much potential its sad that it lost its way right out of the gate. Even now it could be salvaged with Martian Manhunter going up against Despero but sadly it looks like its just going to be more of Stargirl whining while having flashbacks. At this point I'm just picking up the last couple of issues to complete the set.

Superior Spider-man #.27

Love, love this series and can't wait to see how Spock fares against the goblin and closes out this series

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@timelord said:

A good week for me as my pull list grows ever larger

Batman #28: I have not been reading Zero Year but I am curios as to what Batman: Eternal will be about so why not?

Forever :Evil: Rogues Rebellion #5: More Rouges give me! They better get there own series after Forever: Evil wraps up the perfect amount of humor and action every issue I can not wait for this issue.

Green Lantern Corps #28 : I am really having a hard time remembering what happened last issue will have to go back and re read it.

Justice League of America #12 : Only two more issues to go for JLA I will miss this book as I have enjoyed it quite thoroughly. I have been loving the development we have been getting for Stargirl I hope we see more of it this issue.

Superboy #28: More of John being evil what's not to love?

Superman/Wonder Woman #5 : Zod!!! that is all and Charles Soule too.

The Dc titles that are missing from this list.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what's on my pull list for the week,

1. Batman #28 So excited for Batman Eternal

2. Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion #5 The Rogues! What else is there to say?

3. Green Lantern Corps #28 Who has been helping the Durlans?

4. Injustice Year Two #2 Who from around the galaxy has been noticing whats been going on on Earth?

5. Justice League of America #12 Martian Manhunter and Stargirl!

6. Suicide Squad #28 Forever Evil!

7. Superman/Wonder Woman #5 Zod!!

8. Star Wars #14 Darth Vader is on a mission! And of course its DARTH VADER!!!!!

9. X #10 A new look into X's origin!

10. The walking Dead #121 All out war!!

11. Manifest Destiny #4 Sacagawea Monster Killer!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Images are not loading

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: add Batgirl and that's it I can only afford to keep up with one publisher I can't do it half and half as I feel like I'm missing out to much.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

@timelord said:

^more rogues please!

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are exciting times that we're living in.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Transformers1024

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't have Batman on my pull list.

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024:

For a while I was thinking on skipping this week's Batman because it's not tied-in to Zero Year (I mainly collect events for the big two). But then I thought that it might be good gauge whether I should make room on my pull list for (the upcoming WEEKLY) Batman Eternal book, so then I was like "What the Batfleck *click* add that book for next week".

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Def picking up BUNKER #1 even though I read the first 3 issues already digitally.

She Hulk

Walking Dead

Batman

Batgirl

Superior Spider-Man

X-FORCE #1

All New X-Men

Wolverine and the X-Men

Harbinger

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By DonFelipe

Definitely looking forward to Batman and Manifest Destiny this week. Gonna checkout the Bunker once it hits trade.

Technically, this first print issue is a trade. It collects all the digital chapters that had been published last year (#1-5) in a double-sized first issue. The digital pages that are in widescreen format have been re-sized in print format and colors have been added as mentioned by Tony; and it's $3.99 only.

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really wish my LCS had ordered Manifest Destiny!

My picks this week:

• Batman #28
  • She-Hulk #1
  • Superior Spider-Man #27

I think I'll also be getting Bunker #1, which is free on Comixology, to check it out and decide to continue afterwards.

I'm excited for Batman: Eternal but also a little saddened. I'm hoping Batman and Batman: Eternal won't be crossing over much or heavily rely on each other because I can't afford a 2.99 weekly without dropping a load of comics off my list.

Boumei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not liking Javier Pulido's art on She-Hulk, if the interior art was more like the cover art then maybe I could get into it.

Darth Coleslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is gonna be a big week for me.

Batman #28

Rogues Rebellion #5

Green Lantern Corps #28

Justice League of America #12

Nightwing #28

Suicide Squad #28

Superman/Wonder Woman #5

She-Hulk #1

All-New X-Men #23

All-New X-Factor #3

Thor: God of Thunder #19

Avengers #26

Superior Spider-Man #27

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Batman #28

Deadpool #23

She-hulk #1

I am mainly a DC reader and this is the first time in a long time that i have had more marvel comics than DC in 1 week

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KnightofSteel

Great stuff this week!

Star Wars #14: one of my favorite series, period.

Batman #28: preview art looks amazing.

Green Lantern Corps #28: jumped onboard this again recently, pretty good.

Justice League 3000 #3: loving this series!

Justice League of America #12: some great Stargirl moments, the new direction in art is okay but just that...okay.

Battlestar Galactica #8: oh yeah, me lovin' the classic BG!

Superior Spider-Man #27: double shipping - ouch! But still crazy good.

thatthomclancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or are those AIM guys rocking Colonial Marine Pulse Rifles?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a few I am looking forward to but She-Hulk's first issue is the one I am looking forward to the most. I can't wait.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She Hulk

JLA

Superman/ Wonder Woman

The Maxx Maximized

Crossed Badlands

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Onemoreposter

Always enjoyed the classic Shulk series, will have to test this one out as well. Been loving the Bunker, not sure if I'm going to pay for it twice to get the physical copy.

Little sick of all the gimmiky "#1"s marvel is putting on their issues.

Love the Deadpool cover paying homage to Alien.

Lykida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Shulkie. This is a good week.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So is winter soldier like a hero now? Cause if so, then cap now has even less good villains.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogues Rebellion

Superman/Wonder Woman

Justice League 3000

Injustice

Not much for me this month since i dropped JLA and Blight.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GrenadeFlow

So is winter soldier like a hero now? Cause if so, then cap now has even less good villains.

he has been for a while now

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Wonder Woman 5

Constantine 11

The Maxx 4

Fatale 20

Thor 19

Winter Soldier 1

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

For me this week: Batgirl #28, Batman #28 and She-Hulk #1.

Maybe Superman/Wonder Woman #5.