No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By No_Name_

@StayclassyMarvel said:

I feel like this girl is an android or something. No girl is that hot, and has a passion for comic books. They're either paying her an assload or holding her against her will

spidergirl2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By spidergirl2012

@StayclassyMarvel said:

I feel like this girl is an android or something. No girl is that hot, and has a passion for comic books. They're either paying her an assload or holding her against her will

I bet your parents are ashamed of you for being such a sexist asshole.

the_lord_fagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By the_lord_fagan

As for the new format, this is clearly trying to do more with less. Giant Bomb is on this kick, too(and if repetitive complaint threads in their forums are any indication, this is not entirely welcome on behalf of subscribers). We know it's a direct consequence of the buyout. Given this, these handheld snippets are both understandable and acceptable, I suppose. But let's indulge in full constructive criticism shall we?

First the good: It's a concise roundup of the week's stories, and that's really the point, yeah? And, contrary to dissenting opinion, Tony and Sara are not objectively unappealing. Pay attention everybody, this is how you test if people are fake fans: when comic related topics come up in conversation, if the most a person can contribute is "um," "I dunno," "what's that?" or something of that ilk, then they're a ringer. Otherwise, even if they're pretending to care, that means they care. Caring is being a fan. There is no objective metric to score interest. Plus, they stay on topic and don't clam up. Pretty important while reporting on camera.

Now the bad: There's a distinct bubble gum and toothpicks style going on here and it's questionable. The suspicion that moving to CBSi would essentially be a downgrade is now more firmly apparent given that Comic Vine is employing the same CNN iReporting tactic to this personality driven content that Giant Bomb has settled into. As long as the creators understand that this looks about as professional as the unemployed "citizen reporters" covering police beatings at Occupy gatherings(yet less dynamic, somehow), I reckon I can understand the consequences of a more corporate environment versus unsustainable business models that allow greater creative freedom.

A humble piece of advice: Shoot this stuff in a comic book store, or any other venue that isn't that office unit. That's the dynamism I'm getting at. A lot of folks coming onto this website work in offices(myself included). I love comics, and editorially I think things are pretty tip-top, and I know this is just the way it is content wise for the time being, but I'm not thrilled about coming home from working in an office and watching stuff shot in an office. There's a market for that, sure, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that it's not what the primary demographics surfing here crave. Now, if it's even a hassle to get permission to shoot these clips anywhere else than within the building, then corporate is strangling you creatively and you've got bigger problems than fickle audience reaction to an attempt to streamline and cope with tighter resources.

Good luck. Every crisis is an opportunity. And, of course, I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. I could be completely off base with all this stuff.

morbus_iff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By morbus_iff

Bring back the green screen and the newscaster feel, please. I do NOT want a Giant Bomb style day-in-the-office. You can get far more news faster in the same timeframe with a prepared statement, without worrying about cuts or perfection. This conversational style is bleh.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By leejunfan83

I love this new format way more natural and love the interacting with G-man

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RoTheKid

Like the new format but my only complaint would be the camera work. Other than that, good news vid!

TheArmandoShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By TheArmandoShow

Old format was ok. New format is fine. Camera work needs improvement. Also maybe figure out a way to shoot it more from a long view point to have both of you in the shot at the same time.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58  Edited By SavageDragon

Hey thanks a lot Sara. I know Myself and tons of others love these videos.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#59  Edited By Queso6p4

@spidergirl2012: Took the words right out of my mouth. Watching this, I felt that the conversation was really scripted. If it felt more natural I'd be all for this format but as of now, I'm not likin' it too much. That being said, the segment was still enjoyable as always.

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with this format, but use real mics.

spatzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By spatzman

I didn't much like the artsy-fartsy camera angles.... If you're gonna use this format again, be cool. Knock off trying to impress the audience. Simple straight shots will do. I have a huge widescreen TV and your heads were lopped off....

sheesh!!!!!

CaptainMexico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By CaptainMexico

This looks to much like an episode of "The Office".

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hunter5024

Whoa. Maybe I'll see Brad in the background like I always see Sara in the background of I love mondays.

crassh76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By crassh76

It made me dizzy with the camera moving so much. I like the old format better.

Avatar image for amazingspidey_707
AmazingSpidey_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This format is better. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#66  Edited By kartron

I like this new style of weekly news. More casual and I loved the view of those comic books spread out on your desk...

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By butters911

I like the new format, but I had no problem with the old one either. If Sara is there, and shes talking about comics, than you have all the essential ingredients right there.

Verse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Verse

I kinda like this version of the news.

VexnadDanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By VexnadDanger

I like how indecisive you guys are about putting out weekly videos, keep the pace fresh as always mixing things up to keep things interesting.

Also, dude can't patronize Sara for not liking or loving the new Nolan film. It was so flawed on so many levels. Someone needs to face up to facts and acknowledge where that movie went wrong.

Yurtigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Yurtigo

Much better format.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

For a second I thought someone said "Let's talk about Dick's cowl change." instead of the whole Owlman thing.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#72  Edited By kennybaese

Yay for GiantBomb style videos. I like that Sara always put as much effort as she did into the other news video format, but this is faster, easier, and honestly more fun to watch because we get to see Tony and Sara interact in the office.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I like this change up! :) Very informal and yet wonderfully done. Good job!

Winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Winsord

I like the conversationalist style, but I feel like it might be a bit better if it was a combination of the new and old styles. What I mean by that is basically it'd be both G-Man and Babs either sitting on the green set or maybe the GiantBomb TNT set, and having the discussion from there. I think that once you get a little more used to it, bouncing ideas back and forth can be a lot more engaging and interesting, but you would also still get the good sound and camera angle. I don't actively dislike either format though, so whatever works.

superdan6180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By superdan6180

The format is cool, but made me dizzy with all the camera movement. Maybe the camera guy needs to step back a few feet and keep it stationary.

Sveppi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By Sveppi

Really like this format, stick with it!

Grondoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Grondoth

This is how Giant Bomb does ILM now, and I kinda like it. It was driven by necessity for them, but I like seeing the office and watching people interact. It's a bit of the old Whiskey Media feel, and I miss that.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By bloggerboy

Cool format and good talks. Just keep the camera stationary.

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By worldFlash

this video isn't working for me, but the ones from last week on did.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

I just noticed this new video was up and I have to say I like it quite a bit. I didn't really expect to enjoy the new ILM when GB improvised a somewhat similar format to your new style but at this point I'm pratically all about it. Very good choice to go this route in my opinion and I'm excited for future installments!

Cosmic_Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Cosmic_Supreme

this is better because there is more time where we can see cute Sara! haha