Posted by G-Man (34412 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an almost last minute reminder. Friday, September 14, at 10 a.m. PT, we will begin our third annual Big Big Live Show Live. This is our premium membership drive and Comic Vine and Giant Bomb will be appearing live until 6 p.m. PT.

Giant Bomb will be providing most of the content but Comic Vine will be representing as well with a few segments, including a special guest (some have tried guessing and no one has been correct). Get ready for some crossover. Perhaps we'll see some old friends. Our guest is tentatively scheduled for around 1:45 PT. But since this is live, things don't always go according to plan.

As for upcoming exclusive premium subscriber content, we will be providing some and I have already discussed some new segments in the near future. It's our way of saying thanks for your support in being a subscriber and a way for us to goof around a bit.

To subscribe, you can click the premium membership button at the top of each page. If you do a yearly subscription or renew your current one, you will get a $15 coupon code you can use towards towards either the GB Member shirt or for the Comic Vine shirt (which is why it's been marked down from $20). There's a little more information here.

See you guys on Friday.

Staff
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not gonna be the same this year :(

Excited nonetheless, especially to see who that guest star is :D

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33483 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm going to be at work when all this is going on

#3 Posted by ApocalypseLater (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorie, Will, and Norm need to make an appearance or I'll be disappointed.

#4 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Will this appear online? I hope so...

#5 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApocalypseLater said:

Rorie, Will, and Norm need to make an appearance or I'll be disappointed.

I really hope this happens. Also hope that at some point Vinny is using a flight stick or racing wheel.

Part of me hopes the special guest is Grant Morrison, but think it may be Scott Snyder.

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to it!

#7 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Live Live. Not Big Big Live.

Pretty hyped for the show, hopefully we can see that much wanted Whiskey reunion and get Rorie, Joey, and Norm on the show. Will already confirmed in his latest No Jars Allowed video that he won't be there due to scheduling for some event he is going to. But there's always next year, I suppose.

#8 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest complaint about previous Big Live Shows is that Comic Vine hasn't had enough content. It should be interesting to see how you fill all this time given their are less staff than before. I want to see plenty of Tony and Sara.

I'm still hoping that one day the Comic Vine gang will be able to at least try out a certain suggestion for content I PMed them about a few months back. That would be so much fun if they had the time to do it.

I have some hope that Will, Norm, and Rorie will be appearing at some point, but I don't expect Anime Vice to even get so much as a mention. Though, if it does it would probably be in a derisive way. That's been the standard.

#9 Posted by G-Man (34412 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt: Honestly, if we had more subscribers, we'd do more content. GB subscribers want to see GB.

Staff
#10 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

Will this be accessible through Youtube?

#11 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Tested crew or Matt Rorie (even though he's not on Screened anymore)?

#12 Posted by Mooseslayer (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: I think GB subscribers like seeing Comic Vine content. That's what I miss most about the old Whiskey Media, getting my various geek fixes in one place. Anyone that is into video games should be into comic books. Unless they're just not reading the right books! I'm really looking forward to seeing some old familiar faces tomorrow.

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

::looks into my dusty empty wallet:: Gosh I'd like to scrounge up the cash to get premium membership for exclusive content. I really do wanna see this :/

#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be working during all this so I wish for the GB and CV crews' plans to go smoothly. Also, have fun!!

#15 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man:

Since we're being honest. I can say that I'm tuning into the Big Live Show mainly for Comic Vine stuff. Those are the parts that I look forward to each year. I'm even going to bed early tonight so I don't miss a single one of your or Sara's segments.

@Mooseslayer:

Anyone that is into video games should be into comic books. Unless they're just not reading the right books!

You'd also think that anyone into comics would be into manga, seeing how they're just comics from Japan. I must say I'm always bemused seeing the way they're segregated. Would we be doing the same thing for a comic from France or Mexico? Time and again when I watched the weekly Happy Hour live show if manga or anime was even mentioned it would be swiftly mocked. Just remember, that at least Comic Vine was respected on that show.

I know that I'm into comics, games, manga, anime, movies, and all of this. I'm not into the whole tribalism aspect. It's all fun entertainment to me.

#16 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

rob liefeld the guest?lllloooooooooolll

#17 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

So now its Giant Bomb soup with Comic Vine flavoring added? I liked it better when it was a 5 course meal...

#18 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to venture a guess at the guest here... Scott Snyder?

Here's my reasoning... I noticed that he was tweeting about Disney yesterday, which could mean his in Cali; and being that he's friendly with Tony, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for him to stop in for an interview.

On another note, because there's no podcast, will we have access to recorded portions of the BBL (Or BLL) show over the weekend?

#19 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7822 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it, still got no internet so I'm gonna have to miss this. Hope everyone has a good one

#20 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

I pulled the trigger and bought a membership. This better be worth the $50 I could have spent on comic books!!! Just kidding, I love this site and don't mind supporting it. Plus, I get a sweet Comic Vine T-shirt. It's a win-win all around.

#21 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this only for people who subscribe? Oh, I can't afford it.

But no Podcast now because you're doing this?

#22 Posted by Trodorne (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

::looks into my dusty empty wallet:: Gosh I'd like to scrounge up the cash to get premium membership for exclusive content. I really do wanna see this :/

You and me both.

#23 Posted by mcclellanscott (79 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be my first show, but I have to get out of work first. Central time over here!

#24 Posted by Grondoth (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see you guys having fun with this.