• 51 results
ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArticulateT

It's happened to all of us, one time or another. Whether it's PIS, WIS or just a plain old plot-hole, there are those times when a character would go through something that could have easily been avoided, amended or done if they just did something that would logically be within their capability, rather than something risky or complicated.

So my question is, in all of Comics, Manga, Anime, Cartoons, Games and Movies, what do you think a character should have done to overcome a challenge that seemed glaringly obvious?

Me? I kinda wish Batman would make a power suit and use it regularly. I know that at this point it would seem like Bruce would be copying Tony, but since the fight with Bane, as well as having to contend with big hitters that the Justice League would face on a regular basis, the idea that he's going around in only spandex still eludes me. I'd like to see him make an Nth Metal super suit and wear that on a regular basis. It'd make his job a hell of a lot easier, and there's nothing to say that he can't be stealthy while also being capable of flight, super-strength and durability.

Why won't this happen? Mainly because it's a fundamental aspect of the character. Batman is merely human, and it's basically him using his own, human potential to overcome amazing odds. If we were to take that away and give him a power suit that permit him potential above and beyond that of a human, then one, key part of his character is now gone. Still, doesn't mean I don't want him to do it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

I wish Damian Wayne would die, Batman quit the Justice League (he has NO business being there), Superman break up with Wonder Woman, and Stephanie Brown would come out of limbo.

Apathy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Apathy_

Beast should permanently lead an x-team

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colonyofcells

I also wish Batman had fitting armor like Blue Beetle Jaime or Kingdom Come Blue Beetle or Booster Gold and fight people like Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, etc. I also like Superman to use mother box like gadgets to open space warps, travel in space ships like Jedi Knights and use kryptonian weapons and use kung fu. I also like to see Wonder Woman kill lots of super villains and become America's most wanted.

Avatar image for green_tea_light
Green_Tea_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#5  Edited By Green_Tea_Light

Booster Gold should go back to his Pre-52 character/ adventures :)

Edit: I just realised how the same can be said for 80% of DC characters... oh well... I still want my old Booster back!

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should have killed Hulk in their first battle.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colonyofcells

Also like to see all out war between Superman and the military. Like to see all out war between Justice League and Stormwatch. Batman can use an Inertron armor and fight Hawkman in nth metal armor.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: You mean despite the fact that the 2 men who created these characters both claimed that they should be near physical equals you're one of those guys who know better? Is that what your saying cause I'm sorry I'll take the word of Jack Kirby on this subject any day over some guy on the internet.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JimTheSurfer

From all the times Carnage has been fought, I think someone should've killed him...

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: You mean despite the fact that the 2 men who created these characters both claimed that they should be near physical equals you're one of those guys who know better? Is that what your saying cause I'm sorry I'll take the word of Jack Kirby on this subject any day over some guy on the internet.

What? Some people want money, other want fame, I just want to see Thor kill Hulk, that's simple.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By Teerack

I'd like to see hulk you know... actually kill a hero when he loses control. Something epic to like Thor.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr_Winchester

- I'd like to see Thor put down an enemy as quick as he can instead of pointlessly engaging said character only to use his finishing blow at the end after taking a few smacks.

- I'd like to see Hulk's adventures reach a larger scale in terms of locations in marvel now.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By roboadmiral

I wish in Hush that Batman had just given Gordon the finger and strangled the Joker, because evidently allowing countless future murders to occur is worth not killing the person who will commit them.

Actually, I think we need to drop this fanatical no-killing rule. I'm not saying go Punisher and kill every badguy who crosses your path, but killing mass murderers is not morally equivalent to kill random pedestrians. Can we stop pretending it is?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By colonyofcells

I would enjoy seeing Wonder Woman slice somebody in half in every issue like an anime that uses the same killing blow in every episode.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Vortex13

For someone connected to the speed force to be able to be so pinpoint accurate with using the speed force that they could use it vibrate his hands and touch someone and vibrate their opponants muscle matter to such a great degree that in less than a second that person would collapse from exhaustion like the had lifted more than there max lifting weight for a day straight while running a hundred mile marathon. What gave me this idea was how the flash can vibrate so fast that he can shift through walls, of how professor zoom vibrated a woman causing her to be a vegetable. I just think there is a lot of potential there that should be used.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By colonyofcells

With super speed, Barry should be able to patrol the whole city and prevent all crimes from even starting which seems to be what the Kingdom Come Flash did. With a super fast brain, maybe Barry can solve some math problems or physics equations and win some nobel prizes.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I would like to see Colossus go on his own adventures in Marvel NOW or fight bad guys on his own so that way, his character can be developed a bit further.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sharkbite

I wish Lex Luthor would relaunch the Everyman Project and lead his own team of corporate superheroes, fighting against villains and saving the world, but still drawing attention to each and every thing that Superman does wrong. I would love a giant LED scrolling sign on LexCorp Towers that reads "Metropolis current damages suffered by Superman total $...." and updating with his every adventure.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colonyofcells

I wish Lex would use his Iron Men army to take over the planet.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Aronmorales

I wish relationships would actually work out in comics.

blackwolf0925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blackwolf0925

I wish they would teach Naruto more techniques to up his arsenal. I mean Rasengan and shadow clones can only take you so far.

Nightwing28710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nightwing28710

I wish characters who've had their mind read without consent could have the telepath responsible arrested for mind rape. I also wish they could prove it.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By TheCrowbar

I wish Archangel(Warren Worthington just before becoming evil and all split persona'd) would return and take his rightful place as the new professor X.

Professor A!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Wish Ahsoka would die by accidentally tripping onto her lightsaber, then falling on a land mine, and then being run over by an army of CIS troopers who don't notice the worthless smear on the ground.

... I don't like Ahsoka Tano very much...

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Aronmorales said:

I wish relationships would actually work out in comics.

This 6000x!!!! Let a couple get married or just stay together for a long period of time or something!

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Alchemax_7

@JediXMan: Said- Wish Ahsoka would die by accidentally tripping onto her lightsaber, then falling on a land mine, and then being run over by an army of CIS troopers who don't notice the worthless smear on the ground.

... I don't like Ahsoka Tano very much...

LOL

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Kairan1979

I wish they didn't destroy all the marriages.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Timandm

@joshmightbe said:

They did say they should be near equals, but Stan Lee said (in an interview I saw) that Thor was created because they needed a character stronger than the Hulk. They made the new character a God so that they could still say that The Hulk was the strongest HUMAN there was...

Also, they did a "What if" issue in which The Hulk went Berserk... After the Hulk killed a few super heroes, Thor killed the Hulk by breaking his neck...He did this with his bare hands...

All that is to say that Thor, back when first introduced, COULD have killed the Hulk.... I'm not agreeing that he SHOULD have killed him... Now, do I think Thor (as written today) could do the same? No way...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By joshmightbe

@Timandm: I'm just saying I don't understand why all these people are so intent that Thor should be able to take Hulk down with ease despite the fact that in their every encounter and even by their creators own admission should be able to give each other a good fight. Can Thor kill Hulk, most likely yes, would it be easy? No.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mk111

I wish DC would stop re-booting.

If that doesn't count, I wish Cyclops would stop being emo and man up.

Pfcoolio15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pfcoolio15

@roboadmiral: I refer you to my thread sir

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Catsnlynne

I wish all the female heroines and villains from both Marvel and DC would dissapear forever.

dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dtm1980

@roboadmiral:

Lol funny you mentioned that, I wish Punisher would get bored of being borderline psychotic and try to enjoy life a little. Maybe then he wouldn't want to kill everybody. Well not that he kills everybody but god knows he's broken the record for most death sentences avoided...

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By FullmetalChobit

@mk111 said:

I wish DC would stop re-booting.

If that doesn't count, I wish Cyclops would stop being emo and man up.

Haha! So true!

I have a small wishlist:

• Bruce Wayne dies (through Guy Gardner punching him to death?)
  • The following we've-written-ourselves-in-a-corner plot-lines to be eradicated: someone having not ACTUALLY died when it's made 100% clear that they did die (or people being brought back from the dead more than once, seriously annoying!), time-travel to save the day/plot (Avengers Academy / Young Avengers, I'm looking at you!). Magic: we'll just dispel everything about the plot by using some kind of 'magic' to wrap everything up.
  • New 52 ridiculousness: Oliver Queen might as well be a completely different hero here (I know this is kind of the point of a reboot but still, give me back my old GA!) and get Cyborg OUT of the original JLA, where is Martian Manhunter!?
  • Batman to be taken out of the JLA, seriously that man ruins enough things as it is.
  • Just one comic-book kiss between Kirk and Spock. I just need this.
  • Eradicate half of the X-Men for just being plain annoying and whiney (the first to go being Scott Summers, obviously)
  • The whole ending to The Amazing-Spider run....eugh...
  • Nite Owl wasn't such a raging douche.

You see, I don't ask for much...

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#35  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

I think Tony Stark has sufficient intelligence to breach the technological singularity by inventing a computer more powerful than the human brain (even his own) and creating a mind-machine interface capable of uploading his consciousnesses to such a computer. I envision this as leading to the third evolution of Iron-Man after the first Power Suit and the Extremis Armor. Tony would install the supercomputer into a life model decoy of himself, as well as every one of his former Iron-Man suits, and then copy over his consciousness to every one of them, all of which would be networked together and retaining a single identity, thus making him essentially immortal. This should happen in comics now while it's still science fiction, because it all may very well become science fact within our lifetimes.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Target_X

@Catsnlynne said:

I wish all the female heroines and villains from both Marvel and DC would dissapear forever.

Wtf? How the complete opposite. I wish female heroines would get treated more fairly all around. Not that there haven't been significant improvements in this on both major companies' fronts, but we have to keep pressing for it. I want more books like the upcoming Fearless Defenders, or Adjectiveless X-Men's all women lineup. I want more women led solo-books. I want them to continue to dress women characters more appropriately, pose them less provocatively and generally stop being put in the shadow of their male counterparts. End rant.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jokergeist

My Wishlist:

• Joker and Harley Quinn get married
  • Joker drives Batman insane
  • Joker gets a pet hyena
  • Joker successfully converts the entire nation of Guatemala into his own Joker Amusement Park
  • Joker successfully drives Commissioner Gordon insane
  • Joker becomes the mayor of Gotham City
  • Joker pushes Humpty Dumpty off the wall
  • Joker puts Kryptonite into Superman's soup
  • Joker beats the Flash in a race... haha

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for the_storm_goddess
The_Storm_Goddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Catsnlynne: We all have wishes that won't come true. Thankfully a wish like yours is one that people laugh at. Not calling you funny because what you posted didn't even get a snicker outta me.

I wish they'd respect the women more. I wish we could see more women starring in their own comics. I wish they'd bring a background that people can see to certain characters. I wish T'Challa and Storm could have a real closing to their marriage. Not one minute the marriage was rudely annulled and then suddenly they're best friends! That doesn't happen in the real world. I wish that characters could have a respectful ending(yes I do mean death). I wish the writers would use more imagination over reusing the same damn thing again and again. I also wish to finally see a romance between Logan and Ororo. It's something that's been building for years and it finally needs to come to fruition. I wish people could have families and children and finally be happy like real couples and their children can take on the mantle of the next generation!

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Catsnlynne

My post wasn't meant to be funny.  It's what I would like to see. Do I expect it to ever come true? No, I don't. But I would rather read about the real heroes and villains. The male ones.
Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nightwing4

I would like to see Dick Grayson finally develop his rouges gallery, lead a team and have a life outside Gotham. Become more than just "batman-lite."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman breaking up with Wonder Women, shes Bruce's. That bothers me. Also, for Lana to return as Clarks Love interest.

Avatar image for the_storm_goddess
The_Storm_Goddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Catsnlynne:

Funny thing is female heroes are turning out to be more real than male heroes. How many times have a male hero lost all sense of himself and it took a woman to step up and take over? Removing all female heroes would kill the comics and for you to say that they aren't real because they have breasts sounds kind of sexist.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gravitypress

I would like to see Marvel portray fighting abilities and strength feats.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Wolverine needs to use more martial skill (whats the point of all the training?)

Blade should get a newer book. Focusing on more then just vamps (one of the reasons I loved Nightstalkers)

Rhino should beat another brick in combat. Like Samson or Ben Grimm. (I don't really count the Thor or Luke Cage thing, because both men were caught off guard)

The way Thor is being written in GOT. This should continue.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By infonation

@Guardiandevil83: I agree with ALL of these but ONE, I just REFUSE to see my main man Ben Grimm, get taken down by the Rhino! Doc Samson would also put up a good fight but if it's between him and The Thing? Samson loses this one, I also think he'd stand a good chance against Colossus, Strog Guy, Sasquatch, and maybe even the Wrecker!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Kairan1979 said:

Definitely this! If Reed and Sue can stay married for all these years, then I don't see why no one else can't stay married.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@infonation said:

@Guardiandevil83: I agree with ALL of these but ONE, I just REFUSE to see my main man Ben Grimm, get taken down by the Rhino! Doc Samson would also put up a good fight but if it's between him and The Thing? Samson loses this one, I also think he'd stand a good chance against Colossus, Strog Guy, Sasquatch, and maybe even the Wrecker!

Well of course not unless Rhino becomes the badass we all know he should be. The dude has been doused with more radiation then Bruce Banner, and you mean to tell me he is still class 75? How many upgrades can one guy get before he's capable of destroying cities? I mean the dude recieved a newer strengh boost every appearance, why can't he knock out Joe Fixit? I mean damn dude, level a skyscraper or somthing.

I do think Rhino should beat up Sasquatch though. As far as I know, Alexi was big, tough, and born into a life of poverty. Sas, was a doctor with a coushy job. I feel as Rhino should be the better brawler. Guido is a little tougher. Rhino would only make him stronger, and is no where near powerful enough to overload him. It took a guy that was destroying lunar rock the size of states, with one or two punches. Also. Is Pete still the Juggernaut. Because if so. Unless he as become even stronger, Rhino stands little chance.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#48  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

- "I want Batman to fight in his armor suit more in fights to win every time." Nonsense. You say this but I say Batman should be more like Dr.Doom or Have a yellow lantern ring. With all that tech, skills and knowledge you'd think he would've just controlled 90% of Gotham city. And yes, bats should be in the justice league every now and then like in JLU. - I want marvel to stop £#€#@% up spider-man all the time. - less wolverine books and more work on his fighting abilities. That's all I got.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49  Edited By Timandm

@joshmightbe said:

@Timandm: I'm just saying I don't understand why all these people are so intent that Thor should be able to take Hulk down with ease despite the fact that in their every encounter and even by their creators own admission should be able to give each other a good fight. Can Thor kill Hulk, most likely yes, would it be easy? No.

I agree with you completely...

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aronmorales

@Kairan1979 said:

YES!