They said what ?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By rev_sulphur

As much as I love the work of some creators. Sometimes I wish I never read/watched certain interviews with them. It never effects my love of their work but man it gets harder to actually like the person. Just a few quick examples.

"The 'Occupy' movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. 'Occupy' is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America."

-Frank Miller

I wasn't a supporter of Occupy myself but come on, rapists O_o

Than there is people like Alan Moore, John Byrne with their nonsense granted Moore is a lot more tolerable than Byrne. Who I think is seriously trolling sometimes.

"The Onion lost all credibility for me a while back when they did a 'story' on the Hudson River cleanup GE was forced to do. As some of you may recall, one of my neighbors is a GE veep, and he was directly in charge of this, so from him I found out all kinds of details the press did not bother to pass along to the public. Since The Onion apparently gets its info from other papers, the story was full of inaccuracies. What are they, Michael Moore? Anyway, I stopped reading The Onion from then on."

WHAT!

Anyone feel the same way or have examples of people in the biz they like but wished would shut up or at least think before speaking.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rick Remender told anyone who didn't like UA to drown in hobo pee.

Beata

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Waid. Love his writing and think he is downright brilliant, but sometimes he acts rather childish in regards to current events and when criticism (whether justified or not) is leveled towards him.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Byrne is nuts.

Pedophiles are almost certainly "born that way". Again, we go to evolutionary conditioning. Seek the youngest, strongest, most healthy, for breeding purposes. A sure (or as sure as it gets) way to guarantee the survival of your genes. Pedophilia also brings along a big heaping helping of learned responses, however. In a society like ours, where "normal" sex is considered by many to be filthy and disgusting, "abnormal" sex is of course even moreso. "Abnormal" in this case meaning anything—even simple physical attraction—that is not "age-appropriate", heterosexual, and strictly for procreation. Preferably missionary position. Thus, any confused individual who finds himself attracted to young girls is likely to find himself attracted to increasingly younger girls, as part of his pattern of self-loathing. So much emotional torment—in victims and victimizers—would surely be set aside if our society was sexually liberated enough to even be able to say "Sure, it's okay to be attracted to eleven year olds. Just don't do anything about it!"

The only acceptable response, now that we are officially in a new world, is for the American government to go Old Testament on these motherfuckers. Operation Flaming Sword. Find them and kill them. And kill their wives, their children, their mothers, their fathers, their brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, butchers, bakers, candlestick makers. Go Super-Israel, and let them know what it feels like to be “at war” with the United States.

I’ve gotten tired of people calling Christopher Reeve a hero. A really terrible thing happened to him and our society can’t deal with it when terrible things happen so we try to make out that it isn’t a terrible thing—“It’s an uplifting thing. He’s a hero.” He’s not a hero, he’s in hell.

John Byrne is tired of stepping up to the plate. John Byrne is tired of “doing the right thing” and getting f**ked up the ass for his troubles. John Byrne is tired of being lied to. John Byrne is tired of you.

And still they punish Chuck Dixon for some comments on gay comic book character.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers