There Should Be Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Remake?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

Edited By Inverno

First off, there is not official word about a new Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. Sorry if you thought that...

No Caption Provided

One of the greatest cartoons during the 80s and without a doubt one of my favorites is Dungeons & Dragons by Toei and TSR Entertainment. It told the story about six children who are trapped inside a fantasy realm, where they are gifted with magical weapons by a godlike being called the Dungeon Master (voiced by Sidney Miller) who helped them in finding a way to go back home. Our heroes were Hank the Ranger (the boring, generic leader character who used that bow from Immortals), Eric the Cavalier (a whiny prick who never shut up about everything who used a magic shield), Presto the Magician (the useless, squishy wizard who used a magic hat that could pull everything but nothing useful), Diana the Acrobat (the typical hot chick in heroic fantasy who uses a magic staff that could grow at length), Sheila the Thief (the feminine moral center which nobody cared about and used a invisible cloack), Bobby the Barbarian (the youngest kid and the resident Leeroy Jenkins who used a club) and there is Uni the Unicorn (voiced by Frank "Everyone" Welker) whose sound effects make a Reaper from Mass Effect sound more pleasant in comparision and served no purpose other than being the team pet and be a hindrance to our heroes, wether to save it from the bad guys or stopping them from going back to their world. The bad guy is Venger (voiced, of all people, by Optimus Prime), the evil overlord who may or may not be the Dungeon Master's son who seeks to rule the realm and to do that, he must harness the power in the kid's weapons and is a constant annoyance. The other memorable baddie is Tiamat (also voiced by Frank Welker), a five-headed dragon so powerful that made Venger crap his pants in fear everytime she showed up.

Despite my vitriolic description about the cartoon above, it has a really special place in my heart. In fact, its so popular here on Brazil there still re-runs of the series. I really wish to see that series get a remake like the Thundercats with the characters and plot refreshed. Do you guys think it deserve a remake?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Inverno

I found this video that brought childhood memories back and make me want a new Dungeons & Dragons cartoon

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop

I don't know if it's available in Brazil, but the complete D&D series is available on DVD. Like many cartoons from the 80's though, while they were personal favorites, I don't think they were done well enough the first time around to get a remake.