@Rumble Man: spidey is probs better than street level not much better but still

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Jorgevy

there is no PIS or WIS, just the Loeb Force and PISkinesis. Those are very powerful abilities a few characters have

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Rumble Man

@SpideyPresence said:

I knew it i knew it! Spiderman beat firelord with energy to spare, therefore he can spar with Thor!

If you go by ABC logic then he should be able to smack SS around witha ukelele

@Jorgevy: That's when writers ought to get shot, then again I am drinking haterade

allhailme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By allhailme

I'm not sold on the whole argument that there is no pis because if it it happened, it happened. History in comics is remarkably flimsy, due to the various crises,reboots, and retcons. There have been major plotlines that have been totally disregarded before,so for a comic fan to say something that shouldn't of happened,that was never mentioned on panel again, and has no real bearing on further developments, and has universally been regarded as a mistake didn't happen isn't much of a stretch.

Does removing the whole firelord fight affect the meaning of a spiderman story at all, no. Has it been brought up since, no. Do people think it is stupid, yes, overwhelmingly so. For a story arc that people feel are stupid/out of character, they retcon it. They however are not going to spend an entire issue trying to retcon one fight that was never mentioned again, so they just ignore it. The technique of forgetting it has proven to work, look at pro wrestling, sometimes they have a big storyline to explain a characters change in motives (lets say from heel to face, usually done for major memorable stars), but other times the just make them act like a face without ever mentioning their past bad deeds (usually done for minor characters), instead choosing to forget them and never address them. And it tends to work. These things may be important for battle forums, but for the company itself it isn't important enough to fix, so explaining something as PIS is a good way of dealing with it.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By majestic99

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

What i'm saying is you might not agree that Batman could do it (I think that's absurd too, he couldn't do that imo), but the point is if it's a canon story, it happened whether you agree with it or not.

yes, and what happened would be PIS/CIS.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Just would like to say I've changed my view on this. PIS and all the others could exist. What made this change of heart? Jeph Loeb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it depends on the circumstance of the story and character's personality. look at Black Panther arm holding the Silver Surfer. Silver Surfer allowed him to do it so that he could hear what he had to say.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

If PIS/CIS doesn't happen, then BATMAN IS GOD HERPA DERP

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Web_Flotsam

So if someone shot you, you would just tell yourself it didn't happen because it "shouldn't" have happened?

No, but if I had FTL reflexes or was bulletproof I would be confused about it.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman: Seems like you don't understadn what PIS/CIS is. Whatever the story is real (canon) or not doesn't change that PIS and CIS exist. The story can still exist but the action can still be out of character. The one thing doesn't eliminated the other.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. The OPs username made me laugh.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot induced stupidity exists..because that's what it is, stupid things happening to suit the plot. A year old but still. No one denied PIS exists, they are just saying what happened is stupid...which is what part of PIS stands for. Venom beating up superman but losing to spider-man PIS, Venom taking on Juggernaut is PIS.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Isn't Venom immune to physical harm? Cause if so, him fighting the Juggernaut doesn't seem that bad.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Isn't Venom immune to physical harm? Cause if so, him fighting the Juggernaut doesn't seem that bad.

Not to that level. Especially when Luke Cage was taking on Mac and colossus basically chucked him around. I do realize this was a mutated venom but still. His punches were doing damage to juggs

Ubersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'll just leave this here, i rest my case.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By The_Imperator

@ubersoldier: I have to nitpick that scene. First off, Darkseid was weakened immmensly, and to top that off he was faking much of the weakness (though we don't know how much) so that Desaad would pay the price for the Omega Force. After Desaad takes the Omega Force, and starts screaming in pain, Darkseid walks over, grabs him, and just drains it from inside of him without batting an eye. So while it's PIS, there was a fairly good explanation in the story. [/end rabid Darkseid fan mode] :P :P

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You're basically saying that there is no such thing as bad writing. Or in the very least, that misrepresentation of a characters' abilities is impossible.

Really, now?

this

Ubersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I look at it this way: comic books are not a firsthand account of an event in the comic book universe as the writers weren't actually there (obviously) but have an idea of what happened. Think of it as somebody telling somebody else about a football game however the person describing the match watched it on the TV and missed a few key events so they have to try and fill the gaps by estimating what occurred. A good story teller will have estimated well, but a bad writer (somebody who uses PIS or CIS) will have estimated badly.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@awesam said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam said:

@JediXMan said:

No PIS, you say?

Deus ex Machina would like a word with you, sir.

Two very different things, relatively speaking.

No, it's not. Deus ex Machina is a literary concept that involves something randomly resolving the conflict of a story. PIS is when a character does something unexpected or random to resolve conflict.

It's the same thing.

PIS: Darth Maul standing there while Obi-wan jumped over him, the cut him in half.

Deus ex Machina: Death Star's exhaust port.

I'll never get over that...

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BlackLegRaph

Stupidity exists alright. Many people have already given so many examples, but I'll just add one more: Deathstroke stopping the punch of a green lantern.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By CF12793

Kind of like how I feel about crossovers being used in Battles. I think it's idiotic that just because it happened in a crossover it should be ignored entirely. I mean, yeah some of the crossovers that were written were pretty silly, like Hulk vs. Batman and Superman vs. Venom, but some of them I've found to be accurate portrayals of what would actually happen, for instance Deathstroke vs. Wolverine and Thor vs. Superman.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ubersoldier: That lantern corp oath is the best thing i read in here. What emotion do they harness? "Meh"

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PIS and CIS are subjective.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers