#1 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's true. I remember alan moore saying that these are "comics", they're just spin-off books. He said this during an interview.Perhaps he's right about this?Does it matter if his statement is right or not?I mean who cares,right?There are countless of x titles though.I think it does matter because they aren't any many brand new books to enjoy.thoughts?

#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that there are too many spin offs of X-Men and Avengers and not enough on the other titles such as Blade, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk and Thor. Marvel needs to stick to one X-Men book and one Avengers book so that way, the stories wouldn't get so complicated.

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this about marvel or just all comics in general?

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

Is this about marvel or just all comics in general?

just marvel and dc

#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to have a fat wallet to be able to keep up with all the Bat-mania

#6 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree that there are too many spin offs of X-Men and Avengers and not enough on the other titles such as Blade, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk and Thor. Marvel needs to stick to one X-Men book and one Avengers book so that way, the stories wouldn't get so complicated.

so they should only have one X-men and Avengers book but multiple Thor, Fantastic Four, and Hulk books?

#7 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind spin-off titles if their in the form of limited series.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

here's the thing...the reason why there are so many X-titles and Avengers titles is because they sell.....Marvel has tried to make books for other people like Blade and others but they don't sell...heck look at some of what you would think would be the popular characters like Hulk and Fantastic Four...even their books don't sell that well compared to the X-books and Avenger books

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Got to have a fat wallet to be able to keep up with all the Bat-mania

I completely ignore Detecive Comics and Dark Knight. And I only buy Inc to keep up. Seriously, he has so many appearences its hard to know what happens and when.

#10 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Companies will publish what sells. I will give DC credit in that they are at least attempting diversity, but in the end unpopular comics get the axe.

#11 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't blame Marvel and DC for doing this. Blame the market. If there wasn't some type of demand for spin off titles, they wouldn't put them out. It's simple business.

#12 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing that has got in my mind is for instance Fantastic 4; have any of the members ever had a solo title? I think that would be cool. And some characters deserve a solo chance..... Marvel and DC are clustered with the same stuff, although I guess what sells is what prints....

#13 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

One thing that has got in my mind is for instance Fantastic 4; have any of the members ever had a solo title? I think that would be cool. And some characters deserve a solo chance..... Marvel and DC are clustered with the same stuff, although I guess what sells is what prints....

thing has had a solo title.

#14 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: ah cool to know. Although Id prefer a Torch or Susan solo....

#15 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Human Torch has had a couple of attempts at books... in the 60s he was the star of Strange Tales and in 2003 he had an ongoing that lasted 12 issues.

#16 Edited by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

Spin offs is what makes comics so unattractive, you have to buy 6 other series to get the full effect of what is going on...thats not even mentioning crossovers, If one series was all you needed to buy to get the whole story it would be more self contained

#17 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: wow, cool! had no idea, thanks!

#18 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by _Cain_ (23645 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

You could just say bump.

Also, I like spin-off comics so long as I Don't have to read the other titles in order to get what the hell's going on For Example, Scarlet Spider

#20 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666 said:

@moywar700 said:

You could just say bump.

Also, I like spin-off comics so long as I Don't have to read the other titles in order to get what the hell's going on For Example, Scarlet Spider

#21 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, there really arnt many different new originals...and the ones that are usually arnt that good.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind spinoffs if they have a point, and aren't just useless titles that will bring in more money, I'm looking at YOU "The First X Men" and "Batman:The Dark Knight"

#23 Posted by Lvenger (18465 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's most milked franchise: X-Men

DC's most milked franchise: Batman

Seriously there are far too many Bat books and countless X-Men series. I can't say accurately what X-Men series needs to go but definitely Batman: The Dark Knight needs to be offed. And before you say "Gregg Hurwitz and David Finch are doing a brilliant job" just move them onto Detective Comics instead of Tony Daniels' average storytelling or this Chew writer. Problem solved.