Theory: Why Batman and Superman will fight.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By stormshadow_x

Remember that scene in the trailer where what we believe is the Batwing seems to blow up some army guys? Course a lot of people say it just wounded them but lets say they did die and that was the intention. What if Lex Luthor has actually Hacked the Batwing ( Wouldn't be suprising as Bruce has most likely kept it un upgraded especially from someone with even better tech like Luthor) and is using it to kill those Troops we saw in the trailer that seem to respect Superman. Batman believes he is being framed by the only man he can think that could do something to his Vehicles and with his already intense out look on Superman (Maybe even too the point where superman came to gotham and took out the Batmobile and Bruce only got away by acting like he'd sacrifice civilians as he did in a older Batman/Superman story. or even lois Lane who at the moment is in Gotham)

All of these events stars their feud. Batman completes his "Armor" and calls Clark out using a sort of dog whistle that only he can hear. SO the gist is Lex makes Superman think Batman is killing people to get too him. Batman thinks Luthor and Superman are actually working together for a grand plan leading him to want to take down Superman once and for all. Yada Yada yada and they end up becoming sort of partners and keep their eyes on Luthor.

Just a Theory with no proof to back up half of it. thoughts?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, makes sense. I could also see Luthor fanning the flames of Superman hate as heard in the opening dialogue by using his media empire to demonize Supes. This movie needs to focus on Lex's intellect and manipulative skills by playing Bats and Supes against one another.

I really have no idea about the Superman soldiers. Maybe a cult has emerged that worships Superman.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It needs to follow the same premise as Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

Lex consults Bruce Wayne knowing he has ties to Batman. Lex wants Bruce to convince Batman to take down/stall/test Superman. Lex gives Bruce Kryptonite (this can be replaced).

Bruce is convinced. Since he's obviously Batman, he sets out to fight Superman. Superman wins, Bruce realizes his folly, they become friends to take down Lex.

I think that is 99% the formula it should follow.

SamRF_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds more complicated than it should be :P.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins end of movie.

._.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

I really have no idea about the Superman soldiers. Maybe a cult has emerged that worships Superman.

Kinda thinking they're equivalent to the Batman Imitators: People who were inspired by Superman to do the right thing but lacked the abilities of the real deal, using firearms and body armor to try and close the gap a bit. Difference being since Batman's just a dude, you have to have his imitators be kinda s***ty to show they don't come anywhere close to the real deal, while since Superman's... Superman, you can have his wannabe's fully trained and decked out in military gear, and STILL not measure up.

SamRF_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

@rdclip said:

Kinda thinking they're equivalent to the Batman Imitators: People who were inspired by Superman to do the right thing but lacked the abilities of the real deal, using firearms and body armor to try and close the gap a bit. Difference being since Batman's just a dude, you have to have his imitators be kinda s***ty to show they don't come anywhere close to the real deal, while since Superman's... Superman, you can have his wannabe's fully trained and decked out in military gear, and STILL not measure up.

Yeah that makes sense, and i think they (and/or Lex) are responsible for the conflict between batman and superman, they might do something real messed up that'll piss batman off, and ofcourse batman thinks Supes' the troop leader.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samrf_ said:

@jonsmith said:

@rdclip said:

Yeah that makes sense, and i think they (and/or Lex) are responsible for the conflict between batman and superman, they might do something real messed up that'll piss batman off, and ofcourse batman thinks Supes' the troop leader.

Or maybe he knows that Superman isn't directly involved, but decides to fight him anyway because he doesn't see any better way to stop the crimes perpetrated by the Superman worshipers. Maybe beating Superman could switch their allegiance, and Batman can lead them like the Batman gang in The Dark Knight Returns.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wants to know if Superman bleeds.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cause batman wants to be the only god around.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I just hope they don't make Bruce an old fart, and have him still kick booty with martial arts. I want to see him fight like in the Arkham games. 35+ and semi retired is fine, just don't kill off half his rouges gallery and sidekicks.

Good theory BTW.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All super interesting theories! I'm hoping to see luthor's genius intellect be a large part of the movie (still have doubts about the casting though). I'm super curios about what superman thinks of all the love/hate he receives

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope that this fight doesn't occur because Superman becomes corrupt or gets manipulated.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Battle.

Superman says that Chuck Norris wins and Batman said Segata Sanshiro wins.

Then everybody dies.

Thank you Death Battle, you destroy the universe.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SilverPool

I just hope Batman doesn't look like an idiot by getting tricked by Lex and I hope Batmam doesn't win from some Dark Knight Returns contrived bullsh**.

Lex Luthor Man of Steel would make a cool source of the conflict and first fight. That story showed how hard Superman could stomp unprepped Batman.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope Batman doesn't look like an idiot by getting tricked by Lex and I hope Batmam doesn't win from some Dark Knight Returns contrived bullsh**.

Lex Luthor Man of Steel would make a cool source of the conflict and first fight. That story showed how hard Superman could stomp unprepped Batman.

Thats kinda what im worried about. I feel batman will come off as stupid if he gets tricked by lex unless its really convincing like superman being mind controlled or just caught at the right spot at the right time doing something that looks really bad and batman is there at the time and they fight.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

Agree, I don't want a Batman wankfest, but I don't want Batman to get fooled by Lex either. As long as it's handled well and isn't a stomp, I actually don't give a sh*t who wins the fight.

TDKR works as a Batman story, because that's what it was, and it was a f*cking great one, however Superman came across as a complete b*tch in that story. It doesn't bother me, same with Injustice, or Earth One Batman being weaksauce, I don't care, it's Elseworlds, whatever.

On the big screen though, both characters need justice done to them, and I hope Lex doesn't run circles around Batman or that Batman kicks a corrupt Superman's ass into the dirt.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Superguy1591

@silverpool: Superman will be fooled by Lex becausehe probably buys into what people are telling him and Lex tells him that he could easily take Batman.

Superman beats him the first time, Batman gets away. Lex tells Superman that Batman is still alive and we get the rematch with the suit, but Batman wins and we get TDKReturns speech.

After that, Batman heads to fight Lex where he gets Lex to confess and Superman hears that Lex has been duping him. Superman thanks Batman and Wonder Woman shows up telling that that Darkseid is coming.

I'm willing to bet that there is no way in hell Batman is the bad guy. If Batman is the bad guy I will trust Snyder and finally be in for the DCCU since we know to expect the unexpected. I wasn't expecting a neck snap in MoS, but Superman kills on occasion in comics.

Writers don't ever make Batman the bad guy in comics; making him the bad guy is a "what?" Moment.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Superguy1591

I can't believe people think Batman will be the bad guy.

Someone name me one story in DC where Batman was the one corrupted and Superman the one who maintains his moral compass. Even in Kingdom Come, Batman continued to fight crime while Superman quit--and that was supposed to be Superman's TDKReturns.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@superguy1591:

Red Son

No Caption Provided

Joke....Joke. Just to confirm. this is a Joke

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SilverPool

@superguy1591: Lex Luthor: Man of Steel is sorta an example of that. Lex convinces him to fight Supes and he gets stomped.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: If anybody gets manipulated by Lex it will have to be done really well, which I don't see happening.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is going to pretend to lose to batman only because it will benefit both batman and supes why because people won't mess with batman since he the guy who bet superman and people will stop worshipping superman as a god because he got his ass whup by a human

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

Agree, I don't want a Batman wankfest, but I don't want Batman to get fooled by Lex either. As long as it's handled well and isn't a stomp, I actually don't give a sh*t who wins the fight.

TDKR works as a Batman story, because that's what it was, and it was a f*cking great one, however Superman came across as a complete b*tch in that story. It doesn't bother me, same with Injustice, or Earth One Batman being weaksauce, I don't care, it's Elseworlds, whatever.

On the big screen though, both characters need justice done to them, and I hope Lex doesn't run circles around Batman or that Batman kicks a corrupt Superman's ass into the dirt.

I agree with you guys. After I saw all the hype on social media with everyone quoting Batman's line "Do you bleed? You will" it almost already gave away what the premise of the story will be about and it almost killed my motivation to be excited about the film. Regardless I will go see the movie when it comes out with hopes it doesn't end up like TDKR or the recent Endgame story arc.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Superguy1591
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Superguy1591

@silverpool: Batman didn't actually get manipulated, Superman got to him before he could make a decision.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

versus

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I would have preferred if they didn't have to fight.