Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

Obviously the theory of Wally West being the new Reverse-Flash has been speculated by many, but most seem to presuppose this would introduce the New 52 version of Wally West into the current continuity. What if instead, the new Reverse-Flash is none other than the pre-New 52 Wally West, whose marriage and offspring have been erased by Barry Allan's actions in Flashpoint, and who as a result is seeking to undo the damage to the time-stream done by Barry and Pandora. This in turn could lead to a Zero Hour type event called Flashback or Shatterpoint, where Wally in fact does succeed in undoing a small portion of the changes made by Flashpoint (this would essentially have been DC's way of seeing what has worked* and what hasn't** after a two-year long experiment, and then combining the best of both the pre-New 52 and the New 52 into a single, definitive continuity).

*Such as Court of Owls, Death of the Family, the Trench, the Others, Throne of Atlantis, Green Lantern, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Shazam, Starfire's new personality, etc.

**Such as "Red" Robin and the five years of "internships," Alan Scott of Earth-2, Superman's Kryptonian Armor (the single worst thing to happen to the comic book industry since a man by the name of Fredric Wertham published a book called "Seduction of the Innocent"), etc.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By serpent222

All I have to say is...

I want this.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

I'd like this, but if it makes Wally into a villain, I'd say no go. I even had an idea for something similar to this myself, where Rip Hunter tries to fix the timeline with the help of Pre-Flashpoint Wally.

What if they called it ReverseFlashpoint?

Dun!

Dun!

Dun!

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By xybernauts

@RideASpaceCowboy: This is a great idea for a story, but you have to overcome the problem of how to turn a beloved character the Reverse Flash without making him a villain; unless of course you want him to be a villian. The other problem with your story idea is that there has been hints already of the evil Reverse Flash already exists in the New 52 timeline.

We know that Barry's mother was murdered. Police believe his father murdered his mother and his father was convicted and sent to jail for the crime. Of course, Barry is convinced his father is innocent and continues to look for evidence to prove his innocence. The thing is in the pre52 timeline it was the Reverse Flash who killed Barry's mother because he wanted revenge. Reverse Flash couldn't kill Barry because he risked destroying himself in the process because the Flash's existence in the present and the Reverse Flash's creation in the future is directly intertwined so instead he sought to make him suffer by killing his mother and anyone else who gave him emotional support. If you make Wally the Reverse Flash, you then have to explain how Barry's mother got killed.

You could say that Barry's father is responsible, that would cheapen the murder and make it cliche. It's become like the death of Green Arrow's parents, the death of Batman's parents, or of Robin's parents. You could say Wally, as the Reverse Flash did it, but you would make Wally a villain and I don't think anyone wants to see that.

@RideASpaceCowboy:

Superman's Kryptonian Armor (the single worst thing to happen to the comic book industry since a man by the name of Fredric Wertham published a book called "Seduction of the Innocent"), etc.

I love Superman's armor! It makes perfect sense. It explains why it doesn't get destroyed why he flies and fights. It even looks better without the underwear. What don't you like about his costume?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Why not Walter West as the Reverse Flash?

No Caption Provided
lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By lightsout

While I don't agree with all the specific "didn't work"s listed, for the most part I don't care for the changes to the continuity (which is probably why I've been enjoying the batman & GL titles the most - they've stayed virtually the same), so I'd be totally behind this. If Wally must become a villain, it'll be worth the sacrifice IMO for things to return to "the way they used to be".