Themes in Comics

Raiun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Some people who haven't read comics usually dismiss them as nothing more than what books children would read, but what are some themes in comics that people who don't read them over look?, such as the treatment of mutants being seen as a metaphor for social issues (that's probably a bad example, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say).

Also what comic book storyline has affected you the most as far as having a powerful theme, and having something to say about people,society,or life in general?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read about sexual awareness in a Hulk book. His friend died from aids bett asked him hiw his friend had got the disease and Hulk said it didnt matter and betty was trying to save a suicidal man who found out he contracted the disease as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol with its theme of conformity/status quo vs the radically weird.

TonyChu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TonyChu

Sandman tells you how much stories & reality constantly shape each others.

tbrand32300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman and Daredevil (among others) always explore concepts of vengeance and vigilantism, and they both fear "crossing the line" and committing murder. Pretty real shit compared to 50 Shades of Grey.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The second half of Delano's Animal Man with the themes of porking, animals, marriage, love, dead kids and animals, religion, generations, terrorism, life, car/dog people called God, puberty, bullying, creepy uncles, canabalism, murder, the government, society, global warming, nature and getting old. I'm probably forgetting a bunch.