#1 Posted by NewKid (367 posts) - - Show Bio

ok... there's been a lot of best of topics... but what is everyone's worst titles they've read since the new 52 kicked in?

#2 Posted by TDK_1997 (14991 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk and Dove,O.M.A.C

#3 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

red lanterns, hawk and dove, mr terrific.

#4 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow

#5 Posted by The Stegman (25077 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, My sucky sense tingled before the REALLY bad titles like O.M.A.C, Hawk & Dove, even came out, so I avoided them, however I love Mr.Terrific the character and tried to give him a shot..it was by far the worst I've read.  

The most disappointing titles (sub par/mediocre) have been Superman and Green Arrow.

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

legion lost, I dropped it after the first title

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

ANYTHING WITH ROB LIEFELD.

#8 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4764 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#9 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk and Dove, Mr. Terrific.

#10 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

QFT!

#11 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to get into the Super titles, but they just weren't doing it for me... Supergirl is one of my favourites but kinda got bored...

#12 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk & Dove got them all and it has been awful but it not their fault it is just the horrible art and the wear writing Green Arrow has been hard to stay with but its getting better Green Lantern the new guardians should be way better so far it is the worst of the lantern books only read one book of SuperMan and said no not going to buy this again only read one book of OMAC and said no not going to buy this again only read one book of Superboy and said no can live with just getting Teen Titians

#13 Posted by darksynopsis (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion Lost and Superman I would have to say! I dropped both of those after 2 issues!

#14 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 5:

Mister Terrific

Hawk and Dove

Static Shock (and yet, I'm still reading it)

Green Arrow

Birds of Prey

#15 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

ive read all of the new 52 and for the most part im aware of every characters history pre52...but the one i didn't enjoy reading was mister terrific. i just found it was alotta nonsense and quite boring and ridiculous.

i also really didnt enjoy justice league..i know people are probabaly like WHAT!? but i just didnt like it..it was dissapointing to me. i was most dissapointed with how hal jordan was worte..and geoff johsn was writting the title!? how can he do that to him..then i figured ehh maybe its because its "5 yrs ago" but then theyre in the present now and...whats changed!?! lol so yaa definitly the most dissapointing to me is Justice League. ohh and green arrow want that good. i was expecting more from him he's such a cool character but just not a great book.

i also think that batman the dark knight wasnt that great..compared to the other battitles i think that one sinks at the bottom of the barrel. good art. but just not interesting story...i think itl get better thought when Greg Hurwitts joins the title! :)

#16 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk and Dove, Green Arrow, O.M.A.C.

#17 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Mister Terrific, Static Shock, Hawk & Dove - all of which are among the first wave of cancellations

#18 Edited by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Mister Terrific, Hawk and Dove, Static Shock, Green Arrow, Legion Lost, Superboy

EDIT: How could I forget the worst: Batman: The Dark Knight

#19 Posted by _Zombie_ (10457 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the few I've read.. Justice League. Geoff Johns is just not doing well with that book.

#20 Edited by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League

Batman: The Dark Knight

Mr. Terrific

Hawk and Dove

Superman

Green Arrow

Teen Titans

Superboy

Fury of Firestorm: Nuclear Men

#21 Posted by bladewolf (786 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Lanterns...the first issue made me depressed since I expected a lot from this series; I never bought another. I also was really let down by Supergirl.

#22 Posted by ThePRez (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk and Dove, Red Lanterns, Mister Terrific OMAC

#23 Posted by chalkshark (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the good sense to avoid most of the books getting the worst reviews, so... of what I'm actually reading, it's got to be Green Arrow, hands down. That said, I have high hopes that Ann Nocenti can save a, formerly, great character, from the horrors wrought on him by the "new" 52 re-launch. If she can then I'll change my response to Savage Hawkman.

#24 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock, Green Lantern: New Guardians, and Green Arrow

#25 Posted by The Stegman (25077 posts) - - Show Bio
@chalkshark:  

I had the good sense to avoid most of the books getting the worst reviews, so... of what I'm actually reading, it's got to be Green Arrow, hands down. That said, I have high hopes that Ann Nocenti can save a, formerly, great character, from the horrors wrought on him by the "new" 52 re-launch. If she can then I'll change my response to Savage Hawkman.

This is exactly why i'm still reading GA too, that first arc was just dreadful, but I love Ollie so much, I don't wanna drop it.
#26 Posted by chalkshark (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Were George Perez not embellishing the series, I never would have made it past the first issue. To be fair, the writing improved when Giffen took over the title, but in all honesty, it really couldn't have gotten any worse.

#27 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of everything I read the biggest disappointments were Superman and Mr. Terrific. Superman started out strong with the first issue, but went down hill quickly after that. Mr. Terrific started out awesome- had a Dr. Who reference in the first issue and lost steam about 6 pages into the comic- right after the Dr. Who ref.

I have an enjoyed Justice League; but issue seven raises a lot of questions that Geoff Johns needs to answer for, especially regarding Green Lantern. In my mind's eye I look back at the pages and I swear that Green Lantern is really just Plastic Man in disguise. But I think that would be being to hopeful. Hopefully issue 8 will rectify some things.

Teen Titans and Aquaman are going really strong- the one issue that catered to Mera was not my favorite, but overall a very great story. Teen Titans is still building its team, if they don't get things together by issue 12 I'm punting it.

The Flash has been great- wasn't a fan of the art- but great.

Superboy started out fun, but lost its steam- like him better in Teen Titans (and on Young Justice).

Nightwing was great at the start- but I just don't care enough about him to want to read about him since he stopped being Batman. After reading Nightwing, I saw a man in his mid twenties- but with a few issues of Batman, I keep seeing a nineteen year old. Since I dropped Nightwing and just started reading Batman today (picked up all seven issues at once- lucky find) I will take the Nightwing in that book. And just enjoy it.

As for some of the others listed: I expected Hawk and Dove to crash and burn. OMAC- was crap. Green Arrow- could have been great- but just did not transfer the essence of the character that we all know and love. Didn't read Static Shock, avoided Men of War. Loved the first couple issues of Blackhawks- but it turned into a GI Joe/Shield rip off and was nothing like the Blackhawks of old.

#28 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock, Green Arrow, Superman, Superboy, Teen Titans, and Legion Lost are the worst of the worst. Extra emphasis on Legion Lost. Wtf is going on in this title??

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is far from the worst but easily the most disappointing.

The worst title I read was New Guardians or Mr. Terrific.

#30 Posted by sinestro_GL (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: The Dark Knight certainly deserves a (dis)honourable mention.

#31 Posted by VagrantSaint (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman will get better when Perez leaves the title. The worst are Hawk & Dove, Fury of Firestorm, Green Arrow, Superman, Men of War, OMAC, Static Shock, Mr. Terrific, Blackhawks, and Savage Hawkman.

#32 Posted by VagrantSaint (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy and Supergirl are hard to get into because they're taking these established and, generally, well-liked characters and COMPLETELY redoing them.

#33 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5540 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123

QFT
#34 Posted by NewKid (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duo_forbidden: birds of prey? how come, lots of people seem to be loving that title, i've not read any yet, but was going to pick up the trade based on the praise.

also... agreed on so many people saying Batman: The Dark Knight. everything i read from that was just... wrong. so many stupid out of character moments. can't believe it's selling so well...

#35 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Superman really that bad?

#36 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

@NewKid: I find the new BoB series lacking. The characters are great, but the plot is ridiculously slow.

#37 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy

Superman

Mr Terrific

@mr.obvious said:

Justice League

Mr. Terrific

Hawk and Dove

Superman

Green Arrow

Teen Titans

Superboy

This

#38 Edited by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Justice League

Mr. Terrific

Hawk and Dove

Superman

Green Arrow

Teen Titans

Superboy

Quoting myself, I hate the titles in bold the most.

Geoff Johns should get kicked off of Justice League for making it suck so much. Batman: The Dark Knight is easily one of the worst Batman titles EVER and should immeaditely be cancelled. I thank my god and lord every day for DC cancelling that sorry excuse of a series for Mr. Terrific. Green Arrow has been consistantly dissapointing and will most likely continue to dissapoint. Fury of Firestorm's 1st issue was HORRIBLE, after reading it, I immeaditely threw it away and proceeded to cry in the fetal position for exposing my eyes to such worthless torture...

Also, Legion Lost and Red Lanterns don't deserve to be ongoings and should be cancelled.

#39 Posted by The Stegman (25077 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupermanJohnathanKentJr: I wouldn't say bad as in horrible, just, many Superman fans had such high hopes for the title, and it's just...very mediocre, lame, villain of the week enemies for the first arc, bad, campy dialogue (it's like Perez is stuck in the 80s) and "meh" art. Hopefully it gets better.
#40 Posted by RazzaTazz (9679 posts) - - Show Bio

Mister Terrific and Hawk and Dove has been bad, Resurrection Man has not been so great, Men of War was almost incomprehensible at times, Legion of Super Heroes was a non factor.

#41 Posted by sinestro_GL (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

Appropriate time to bump the thread to see which titles have improved/declined/haven't been axed regardless of critical response.