• 123 results
#1 Posted by kgb725 (6018 posts) - - Show Bio

The most evil act a hero has done while umder full control of his actions would be ?

#2 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man supporting goverment for Pro Registration act.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#5 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Fantastic tried to kill his own son

#6 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@biggkeem89: wolverine actually did kill a bunch of his own kids, but dunno if that's the worst. I'm guessing someone did something planetary/galactic/cosmic wide

#7 Posted by Pokeysteve (8092 posts) - - Show Bio

Deciding to banish Hulk from Earth is right up there too.

#8 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3: True, but Logan's kids were adult mercenaries. Franklin was just an overpowered little boy

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much everything that the "heroes" did on The Boys.

#10 Posted by Cooldes (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

Powergirl for not lowering the whole in her costume.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

Powergirl for not lowering the whole in her costume.

Amen.

#12 Edited by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

@biggkeem89: wolverine actually did kill a bunch of his own kids, but dunno if that's the worst. I'm guessing someone did something planetary/galactic/cosmic wide

I wouldn't count that as evil because Wolverine didn't even know those where his kids until after he killed them, and he was massively depressed after.

#13 Edited by MarlboroMan (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man during Civil War

#14 Edited by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't John Stewart blow up a planet? Might of be an accident but I'm not sure. Also Hal Jordan destroy Coast City but he was possess.

#15 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12583 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't John Stewart blow up a planet? Might of be an accident but I'm not sure.

yes and no. in Cosmic Oddysey John failed to save a planet but didnt blow it up and n War Of The Green Lanterns he was forced to channel black lantern energy and destroy a possesed Mogo.

Also Hal Jordan is destroy Coast City but he was possess.

Yup, he was insane in the original story.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson giving pity sex to a cripple.

@mercy_ Isn't that right?

#17 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman saving the Joker after Nightwing beat him to death.

Aw f*ck it, it's basically nearly everything Batman ever does.

#18 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man has quite a few under his belt: banishing Hulk, Pro-Registration, and being a general douche in my opinion (it's evil to me damn it).

I always found Batman's JLA contingencies to be quite cold. They are his brothers and sisters in arms, yet he still plots against them. I get it, they are too powerful to not go unchecked, but still.

Wolverine for once again hogging spotlight in Age of Ultron.

#19 Posted by dbatdog (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine killing Pym...then killing himself.

Or Parker dancing in spider-man 3.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: Wolverine hogging the spotlight wasn't his fault. Writers just love him. Lol. It was a crapp event anyways.

#21 Posted by Bierschneeman (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS.....

#22 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe. For existing.

Ha! I kid.

#23 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

Well no kidding he isn't a real or sentient being so yeah he didn't choose to hog the spotlight. He just seems to always be shoved in our faces by Marvel. And I wasn't saying AoU would have been great without him, but I definitely think it would have been better with Sue Storm in the driver's seat. Writers are going to play it safe with the big face though, as opposed to take a risk on someone like Sue (although FF has always been a stable so I don't know why). I don't expect you to agree with me, given your propensity to stand up for everything Wolverine and your user name. Not hating, just an observation.

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

The original Storm Watch, they crippled a kid who possessed matter manipulation and reality warping because he went insane from abuse he received from his father!

Midnighter also tried to kill Jenny because he felt she was too powerful....

#26 Edited by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus: He's killed countless trillions, devoured entire planets, destroyed innumerable solar systems. And all in the name of holding Abraxas back from destroying the ENTIRE universe. Sure, that's a heroic feat, but... WOW, you'll be hard pressed to find a more evil action than eating planets.

#27 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

Roger that. I was just clarifying my statement. Wolverine is a good character, but I don't like it when characters are seemingly forced upon audiences. Batman's another good example, I love Batman but does he need, what, 4 books? Plus his JL appearances?

Too much is too much sometimes.

#28 Edited by Onemoreposter (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@mrshway88 said:

yes and no. in Cosmic Oddysey John failed to save a planet but didnt blow it up and n War Of The Green Lanterns he was forced to channel black lantern energy and destroy a possesed Mogo.

Stewart didn't just fail to protect Xanshi in Cosmic Odyssey. He forcibly removed the Martian Manhunter from the field while going on about great he was. Would Xanshi have survived if John hadn't been so cocky and accepted help? We'll never know.

Hal Jordan didn't destroy Coast City. Coast City was destroyed by Mongul Sr who was working the Cyborg Superman during the end of the Death (and return) of Superman story arc. However, the event did serve as the catalyst for Jordan's decent into madness and led directly into Emerald Twilight as well as the 2004 company wide Zero Hour event.

As far as the worst act a hero has committed? How about Superboy Prime (a pivotal hero during COIE) and the Monarch, formally known as Captain Atom blowing up an entire universe during Countdown?

#29 Edited by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: Eh, I just look at it as business. Marvel and DC want to make money so they whore out Batman and Wolverine. Those guys are my two favorite comic characters, but I don't buy everything they are in just for the sake of it. I just but enough to satisfy, but not get burned out.

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12583 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@mrshway88 said:

Stewart didn't just fail to protect Xanshi in Cosmic Odyssey. He forcibly removed the Martian Manhunter from the field while going on about great he was. Would Xanshi have survived if John hadn't been so cocky and accepted help? We'll never know.

Si. When you manage to make Martian Manhunter hate you, you KNOW you effed up.

Hal Jordan didn't destroy Coast City. Coast City was destroyed by Mongul Sr who was working the Cyborg Superman during the end of the Death (and return) of Superman story arc. However, the event did serve as the catalyst for Jordan's decent into madness and led directly into Emerald Twilight as well as the 2004 company wide Zero Hour event.

yup, dont know how i didnt remember to correct this

#31 Edited by Onemoreposter (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

^QFT

#32 Edited by Saren (25317 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin was seconds away from accidentally blowing up the solar system. Reed didn't have a choice, and the gun put him in a coma. He wasn't trying to kill him.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven destroying Kory's home planet.

#34 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Sbp: Existing

#35 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

^QFT

True.

Iron Man has quite a few under his belt: banishing Hulk, Pro-Registration, and being a general douche in my opinion (it's evil to me damn it).

I always found Batman's JLA contingencies to be quite cold. They are his brothers and sisters in arms, yet he still plots against them. I get it, they are too powerful to not go unchecked, but still.

Wolverine for once again hogging spotlight in Age of Ultron.

@wolverine08:

Roger that. I was just clarifying my statement. Wolverine is a good character, but I don't like it when characters are seemingly forced upon audiences. Batman's another good example, I love Batman but does he need, what, 4 books? Plus his JL appearances?

Too much is too much sometimes.

In Batman's defense he is pushed in the background in Team books and events and you know you can always avoid his solo titles.

Also a contingency plan against the JLA was necessary considering all the mindswaps, mind controllings and mood swings a Superhero can go through, specially after all the Hal Jordan fiasco anyone in their right mind would've planned some ways to take down the Superheroes if necessary.

#36 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

I'm aware I can avoid them. I only buy his main title. But he is still fore fronted when others could use a push, it's not the fault of Batman for being popular I find it the fault of writers for not putting more effort into other lesser known, or less popular, heroes to try and give them a big push. It's easy to sit on your cash cow. Marvel does it now with 100 different Avengers titles as well. It's just irritating when you see the same characters always getting play but not others.

As for the JLA contingencies it's still cold. It may be a necessity, but it is still a cold move. Like the Illuminati sending Hulk away. It was necessary in their eyes, but they still betrayed someone who'd saved them, and the planet, on numerous occasions.

#37 Posted by kgb725 (6018 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: Galactus isn't evil in the same way a predator isn't

#38 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Galactus isn't evil in the same way a predator isn't

I didn't say he was. In fact, by mentioning him in this thread at all, I essentially said he's a hero for holding back Abraxas. I said what he DID was evil. Whether you're a predator or not, snuffing out trillions of sentient lives knowingly? Even for the greater good, that's an almost indisputably evil act. Galactus isn't a tiger, or a bear, or a shark. He knows and recognizes sentient species as being self aware and intelligent. Beneath him, definitely, but he recognizes some of their lives of worth (for evidence of that, check out Norrin Radd). So he knows that they're alive and he knows that he's killing them.

That's an evil act. Again, an evil act for the sake of keeping a greater evil locked away, but an evil act nonetheless.

#39 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: DC tried to push many lesser known characters and they failed and its not like DC is only pushing Batman, they're doing the same with Superman, GL and JL. And DC is also trying to push other characters, look at Aquaman, everyone thought he was a useless character, now his 4th best selling solo character of DC behind Batman, Superman and GL, they're pushing GA, WW, Flash, Vibe etc too.

And comparing Batman's contingency plans to what Illuminati did is not fair, he never used those plans against them, the JLA can stop Batman easily if he ever goes rogue but what can Batman do against the JLA if they go mad?

#40 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I agree DC has started to do better. AndI have to agree its nice to see Aquaman get a good run after so many years as a seeming joke.

I think you're misunderstanding my comment on Batman. I think he did the right thing. I think to not plan for someone like Superman or Wonder Woman is a poor idea. I would do the same. I still think its cold. Cold logic, but still cold.

#41 Edited by kgb725 (6018 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

What exactly is Galactus anyway

Used to be just a dude. Normal, every day joe, more or less. His species was one of the last surviving in the previous universe which was compressing into a Cosmic Egg which would eventually cause the Big Bang, creating the 616 universe. Unlike the rest of his species, Galan flew a ship into the Egg, and fused with it. When the Big Bang occurred, out popped Galan, now transformed into Galactus.

#44 Posted by dondave (34597 posts) - - Show Bio

@biggkeem89 said:

Franklin was seconds away from accidentally blowing up the solar system. Reed didn't have a choice, and the gun put him in a coma. He wasn't trying to kill him.

What storyarc was this in?

#45 Posted by Outside_85 (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksliver, for causing the House of M and the fallout that followed it.

#46 Posted by Saren (25317 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@citizenbane said:

@biggkeem89 said:

Fantastic Four #140-141. Annihilus built a machine to leech off Franklin's powers and empower himself, but it had the side-effect of sending Franklin's powers out of control.

Moderator Online
#47 Posted by Tradog (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

Wait what? What comic was this?

Dick Grayson giving pity sex to a cripple.

@mercy_ Isn't that right?

Again, when was this? Not Barbara, right?

Anyway, for me it would be the JLA wiping Batman's memory.

#48 Posted by dondave (34597 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@citizenbane said:

@biggkeem89 said:

Fantastic Four #140-141. Annihilus built a machine to leech off Franklin's powers and empower himself, but it had the side-effect of sending Franklin's powers out of control.

Tthanks

#49 Edited by kgb725 (6018 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@tradog said:

@enzeru said:

Wait what? What comic was this?

Last Laugh #6

Nightwing got angry and started punching Joker. Robin pulled him away, but Joker was already dead at that point. Then Batman came along and resuscitated his boyfriend.