#1 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the worst storyline, character change (powers or history) that you have seen in the last couple of years.

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it was the third Summers brother. I mean another Shi'ar star adventure not to mention they didn't get involved in the Civil War. Registration of superheroes was the Mutant registration act on a grand scale. They $#@!'d that up big time.

#3 Posted by Mortal Kombat (162 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hated Marvel Zombies. No group of freaking Zombies should take down Galactus. Heroes Reborn was "eck" too.

#4 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

I think for me it is wolverine in general. His new name, his new history, his son, his clone (I think its a clone, the one with the foot claws, oh how stupid), his outrageous healing factor, the bone claws. The list goes on and on. I think they have overexposed and ruined what was a great character.

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"I think for me it is wolverine in general. His new name, his new history, his son, his clone (I think its a clone, the one with the foot claws, oh how stupid), his outrageous healing factor, the bone claws. The list goes on and on. I think they have overexposed and ruined what was a great character."

Exactly.

#6 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"For me it was the third Summers brother. I mean another Shi'ar star adventure not to mention they didn't get involved in the Civil War. Registration of superheroes was the Mutant registration act on a grand scale. They $#@!'d that up big time."

I agree, a third somehow unkown summers brother who is more powerful than both others combined...DUMB!!

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand the X-23 hate. Explain.

#8 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I don't understand the X-23 hate. Explain."

X-23??

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

You haven't even gotten to know the character enough to recognize her name, but you don't like her anyway just because she started as a Wolverine clone?

#10 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"You haven't even gotten to know the character enough to recognize her name, but you don't like her anyway just because she started as a Wolverine clone?"

I dont think it has to do with her specifically, more so the fact that Marvel revolves around Wolverine and she's just another example.
Post Edited:2007-08-15 18:11:52

#11 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"You haven't even gotten to know the character enough to recognize her name, but you don't like her anyway just because she started as a Wolverine clone?"

I have to admit that I didn't give it much of a chance. I can't get past the idea of a female wolverine clone (why female if its a clone) with foot claws (why foot claws). It seems silly to me. Maybe if all the other wolverine's son stuff wasn't going on I could deal with it more, but probably not.

#12 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
I dont think it has to do with her specifically, more so the fact that Marvel revolves around Wolverine and she's just another example.
Post Edited:2007-08-15 18:11:52"

You probably summed my thoughts up better than I did. I just am sooooo fed up with wolverine that everything to do with him kind of irks me.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't agree with criticizing something you know nothing about. You're saying you don't like anything to do with Wolverine, but you haven't even invested time to find out if that's true or not. Yeah, Wolverine is overused but that doesn't mean everything to do with him is automatically bad.

#14 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I just don't agree with criticizing something you know nothing about. You're saying you don't like anything to do with Wolverine, but you haven't even invested time to find out if that's true or not. Yeah, Wolverine is overused but that doesn't mean everything to do with him is automatically bad."

I didn't say I hadn't invested time in wolverine. I collected everything he was in for a long time (going all the way back to his original 4 issue limited series). I was even collecting wolverine origins until i recently just couldn't take it anymore.

#15 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

How about the new Justice League team? Boring as hell! It was good when they had an actually league!

#16 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I just don't agree with criticizing something you know nothing about. You're saying you don't like anything to do with Wolverine, but you haven't even invested time to find out if that's true or not. Yeah, Wolverine is overused but that doesn't mean everything to do with him is automatically bad."

But do you really need to know her? I mean she's Wolverine rip off regardless of weather or not she's his clone. I actually like her better then Wolverine but it doesn't change the fact that it was a business move to even create her. It was "Logan's getting old how can we reach the next generation, I know, lets make a young female version of him."

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"I didn't say I hadn't invested time in wolverine. I collected everything he was in for a long time (going all the way back to his original 4 issue limited series). I was even collecting wolverine origins until i recently just couldn't take it anymore."

That's not what I'm saying. You say you don't like anything that has to do with him, but have you exposed yourself with everything that has to do with him? No you haven't. This isn't to stop you from disliking whatever you dislike for whatever reason, I'm just saying that's something I don't agree with.

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"But do you really need to know her? I mean she's Wolverine rip off regardless of weather or not she's his clone. I actually like her better then Wolverine but it doesn't change the fact that it was a business move to even create her. It was "Logan's getting old how can we reach the next generation, I know, lets make a young female version of him.""

I think you do. If I just looked at "Gambler" I would see a Gambit rip off, but does that automatically mean that your whole persona is stupid? No. Ever heard of not judging a book by its cover?

#19 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"But do you really need to know her? I mean she's Wolverine rip off regardless of weather or not she's his clone. I actually like her better then Wolverine but it doesn't change the fact that it was a business move to even create her. It was "Logan's getting old how can we reach the next generation, I know, lets make a young female version of him.""

I think you do. If I just looked at "Gambler" I would see a Gambit rip off, but does that automatically mean that your whole persona is stupid? No. Ever heard of not judging a book by its cover?"

But see I am a Gambit rip off and because of that people who don't like Gambit aren't going to like my character regardless.

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"But see I am a Gambit rip off"

I didn't say you weren't, just that that fact alone doesn't mean "Gambler" is stupid.

Gambler says:

"and because of that people who don't like Gambit aren't going to like my character regardless."

And I don't agree with that. They should find out about you, read your posts, and then decide not to like you.

#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"But see I am a Gambit rip off"

I didn't say you weren't, just that that fact alone doesn't mean "Gambler" is stupid.

Gambler says:

"and because of that people who don't like Gambit aren't going to like my character regardless."

And I don't agree with that. They should find out about you, read your posts, and then decide not to like you.

"

Lmao

#22 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

H

#23 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
" But do you really need to know her? I mean she's Wolverine rip off regardless of weather or not she's his clone. I actually like her better then Wolverine but it doesn't change the fact that it was a business move to even create her. It was "Logan's getting old how can we reach the next generation, I know, lets make a young female version of him.""
I think you do. If I just looked at "Gambler" I would see a Gambit rip off, but does that automatically mean that your whole persona is stupid? No. Ever heard of not judging a book by its cover?"

I agree that you cannot normally judge a book by its cover, but there are exceptions (If you see a guy with long flowing hair and a poofy shirt on the cover it's gonna suck). The only thing original about x-23 is that she is female. She is a clone of wolverine a clone...original. She is part of the weapon X program...original. She has claws on her hands ala wolverine...wait it's two claws that's original. She has claws on her feet...liked it better the first time when tarantula had it. What else do I need to know about her? No amount of writing is going to overcome the fact that I think a female wolverine clone with foot claws is silly.

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"I agree that you cannot normally judge a book by its cover, but there are exceptions (If you see a guy with long flowing hair and a poofy shirt on the cover it's gonna suck). "

If that were true, those books wouldn't sell. Obviously some people enjoy them.

Valkaad says:

"The only thing original about x-23 is that she is female. What else do I need to know about her?... No amount of writing is going to overcome the fact that I think a female wolverine clone with foot claws is silly."

Does being copied off another character instantly make the copy bad? Moon Knight, Midnighter, Black Panther. People like all three of these characters but they all come from (some more than others) Batman. Same can be said for all of Superman's copies. If you're talking about direct clones, look at Ben Reilly. A lot of people liked him and he was a clone. Clones/rip offs/homages aren't intrinsically bad, and what makes them good is how they're treated after they first appear as copies. If you don't know anything about their story though, you'll never see that. Your opinion is your opinion, but I believe informed opinions are the only ones that matter.

#25 Posted by Shatterstar (4545 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"I think for me it is wolverine in general. His new name, his new history, his son, his clone (I think its a clone, the one with the foot claws, oh how stupid), his outrageous healing factor, the bone claws. The list goes on and on. I think they have overexposed and ruined what was a great character."

Most of this I agree with, the cool thing to me about Wolverine was always the mystery of his origin, wondering what his real name was, how he was connected to all this super secret stuff. Now that they're just throwing those answers out there it pretty much killed the appeal of the character. Without that he's just another badass feral guy that fights a lot.

I despise retcons, not a fan of pointless resurrections that take away from the impact of the death (Jason Todd hello), or turning characters from bad guys to "good guys" in a poorly executed way. Sabretooth being the prime example of that.

#26 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
" I agree that you cannot normally judge a book by its cover, but there are exceptions (If you see a guy with long flowing hair and a poofy shirt on the cover it's gonna suck). "
If that were true, those books wouldn't sell. Obviously some people enjoy them. Valkaad says:
"The only thing original about x-23 is that she is female. What else do I need to know about her?... No amount of writing is going to overcome the fact that I think a female wolverine clone with foot claws is silly."
Does being copied off another character instantly make the copy bad? Moon Knight, Midnighter, Black Panther. People like all three of these characters but they all come from (some more than others) Batman. Same can be said for all of Superman's copies. If you're talking about direct clones, look at Ben Reilly. A lot of people liked him and he was a clone. Clones/rip offs/homages aren't intrinsically bad, and what makes them good is how they're treated after they first appear as copies. If you don't know anything about their story though, you'll never see that. Your opinion is your opinion, but I believe informed opinions are the only ones that matter."

I read a couple comics with her in them and didn't like her. How many, in your expert opinion, do I need to read before I can make an informed opinion on her? I bought the first issue of Wraith and didn't like the character or the story, so does my opinion on Wraith not matter? Is my opinion that Wraith wasn't an interesting character or a comic that I want to collect not informed, because I didn't buy the entire 4 issue series?

#27 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it's the Sins Past storyline.

#28 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"I read a couple comics with her in them and didn't like her. How many, in your expert opinion, do I need to read before I can make an informed opinion on her? I bought the first issue of Wraith and didn't like the character or the story, so does my opinion on Wraith not matter? Is my opinion that Wraith wasn't an interesting character or a comic that I want to collect not informed, because I didn't buy the entire 4 issue series? "

Now don't start getting all snarky with me. I was just going off you seemingly not recognizing the character's name. If you can't recognize a character's name, then you're not really all that informed are you?

#29 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
"I read a couple comics with her in them and didn't like her. How many, in your expert opinion, do I need to read before I can make an informed opinion on her? I bought the first issue of Wraith and didn't like the character or the story, so does my opinion on Wraith not matter? Is my opinion that Wraith wasn't an interesting character or a comic that I want to collect not informed, because I didn't buy the entire 4 issue series? "
Now don't start getting all snarky with me. I was just going off you seemingly not recognizing the character's name. If you can't recognize a character's name, then you're not really all that informed are you?"

Snarky LMAO

I couldn't remember her name, and I don't remember his sons name.

The reason being, and I am being honest, when I first read of both of them I thought this is bollocks! I continued to read, but in my mind it was one of those "this is dumb, I cannot believe they are doing this" scenarios. For the son I only saw one comic with him in it and when wolverine said "he is the best there is at what we do" I thought "this is not really happening". How sad is it that I remember him saying that, but I truly don't remember his sons name.

#30 Posted by Maxim (330 posts) - - Show Bio

His son's name is Daken(sp?), I think.