This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RogueShadow (11898 posts) - - Show Bio

Initial thoughts?

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (20322 posts) - - Show Bio

Already?

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22965 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, they have a whole universe and they keep giving u the same character, it's kinda pissing me off.

#5 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, they have a whole universe and they keep giving u the same character, it's kinda pissing me off.

The same can be said of Superman (kind of) and definitely Batman.

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22965 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

Not really there universe just started and they are of course gonna use the big 2, but they have all sorts of TV shows for the minor characters. X-Men was been around for 13 years, and 6 out of 7 movies have been all about Wolverine. Ironman gets the spot light in marvel but not to the degree of Wolverine in the Marvel universe.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Not really there universe just started and they are of course gonna use the big 2, but they have all sorts of TV shows for the minor characters. X-Men was been around for 13 years, and 6 out of 7 movies have been all about Wolverine. Ironman gets the spot light in marvel but not to the degree of Wolverine in the Marvel universe.

Really? Batman and Superman have essentially sat at the big boys table hogging movies from other DC characters like Flash and Wonder Woman for decades. Iron Man has been in more movies than any other superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

#8 Posted by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough with Wolverine already. He's as bad as Batman is.

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

The overeuse of characters like Batman, Wolverine, Superman, etc. won't really ever stop as long as they stay as popular as they are.

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22965 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Really? Batman and Superman have essentially sat at the big boys table hogging movies from other DC characters like Flash and Wonder Woman for decades. Iron Man has been in more movies than any other superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Well, DC finally wants to get a combined Universe together so Batman and Superman reboots make sense first, they are working on WW, Flash, and GL as well. I am by no means a hater of the X-men universe, and by no means a hater of movie wolverine, but he has the spotlight way to much, even to the degree Cyclops just looked like an annoying geek. I like the X-Men movies my favorites are First Class, X2, and Origins (don't see the hate). But Wolverine is honestly to much when he is stealing the spotlight yet again in Days of future Past.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman:

Yes, DC has sonly recently started a cinematic universe, but I'm talking about their movie treatment of DC characters over the decade. For the past couple of decades Warner Brothers has essentially just switched from overusing either Batman or Superman. In term of length of overuse, Warner Brother's overuse of Batman and Superman beats out Fox's overuse of Wolverine.

#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (20322 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is getting more attention than Batman presently. We've literally just had a Batman trilogy, yet Wolverine has two more upcoming films. I think it could wait.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is getting more attention than Batman presently. We've literally just had a Batman trilogy, yet Wolverine has two more upcoming films. I think it could wait.

Batman is about to jump into a Superman movie after just literally finishing a trilogy with the potential of Warner Brothers rebooting a new trilogy for to fit into their new cinematic universe. I don't think Wolverine is getting more attention really.

#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22965 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: In the last 13 years:

• Superman has only had 2 movies,
  • Batman has only had 3,
  • Wolverine has had 6, with more even being planned.

Other X-Men should get a single movie if Wolverine does. Deadpool and Cyclops could both be cool.

#15 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Really? Just going off the top of my head Iron Man (so far) has had 4 (5 if you count the post-credit scene from the Hulk film) and Wolverine has had 5 too, and once X-men : DoFP comes out it'll be 6 (as Iron Man's will jump up once Age of Ultron comes out). Maybe I'm forgetting something? Or are you referring to the division of the Marvel controlled films vs the Marvel properties being released by other studios? In which case, yeah Iron Man wins there compared to Thor, Hulk, Captain America and everyone else thus far. And Spidey wins his respective one too since he's... well the only one left at Sony.... (interestingly, also about to become 5 - ok not really that interesting). To your other point though I agree with you, Superman has had 6 films and Batman 7 (compared to say Flash - 0, Wonder Woman - 0, GL - 1, Steel - 1, MMH - 0, Captain Marvel - 0, etc...) - so they've definitely been hogging the lime-light over at DC - and just as others (from Marvel) are catching up, DC decide to put them both in a film together, which will probably be backed up by a solo Batman film and a JL film based on current rumors and talks (and I'd expect a solo Superman film not long after or int he middle of all that too).

EDIT: In Superman's defense though - the bulk of his films were from over 20 years ago now. In the last decade and a half, he's only had 2. In that time Spider-man has had 4, Wolverines has featured in all of his, Batman has had 3 and of course the entire MCU and it's characters appearances have all occurred - so in that time-frame Superman isn't getting the same amount of love or saturation at all. Now that I think about it - this could be what @allstarsuperman means.

#16 Edited by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

• Batman has only had 3,

Other X-Men should get a single movie if Wolverine does. Deadpool and Cyclops could both be cool.

You're only using the past 13 years when Superman and Batman have been in a plethora of movies over the last 20+ years?

#17 Posted by MonsterStomp (20322 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Batman is about to jump into a Superman movie after just literally finishing a trilogy with the potential of Warner Brothers rebooting a new trilogy for to fit into their new cinematic universe. I don't think Wolverine is getting more attention really.

Batman v Superman comes out 2015. That's a 3 year wait from TDKR as apposed to a Wolverine sequel coming out next year. WB are listing a lot of possibilities lately, such as Flash, GL reboot, JLA film, JLA Dark, etc But the only confirmed film in the works is Batman v Superman as of now. So although WB have their mind set in the future, nothing has been confirmed like Wolverine's future films.

#18 Edited by RogueShadow (11898 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, Spider-man, Batman etc are overused because they're popular and sure moneymakers, they aren't going to cater to comic book fans, since we are a fraction of moviegoers.

It's also because they are awesome.

#19 Posted by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

The overeuse of characters like Batman, Wolverine, Superman, etc. won't really ever stop as long as they stay as popular as they are.

No duh Captain Obvious.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Really? Just going off the top of my head Iron Man (so far) has had 4 (5 if you count the post-credit scene from the Hulk film) and Wolverine has had 5 too, and once X-men : DoFP comes out it'll be 6 (as Iron Man's will jump up once Age of Ultron comes out). Maybe I'm forgetting something? Or are you referring to the division of the Marvel controlled films vs the Marvel properties being released by other studios? In which case, yeah Iron Man wins there compared to Thor, Hulk, Captain America and everyone else thus far. And Spidey wins his respective one too since he's... well the only one left at Sony.... (interestingly, also about to become 5 - ok not really that interesting). To your other point though I agree with you, Superman has had 6 films and Batman 7 (compared to say Falsh - 0, Wonder Woman - 0, GL - 1, Steel - 1, MMH - 0, Captain Marvel - 0, etc...) - so they've definitely been hogging the lime-light over at DC - and just as others (from Marvel) are catching up, DC decide to put them both in a film together, which will probably be backed up by a solo Batman film and a JL film based on current rumors and talks (and I'd expect a solo Superman film not long after or int he middle of all that too).

EDIT: In Superman's defense though - the bulk of his films were from over 20 years ago now. In the last decade and a half, he's only had 2. In that time Spider-man has had 4, Wolverines has featured in all of his, Batman has had 3 and of course the entire MCU and it's characters appearances have all occurred - so in that time-frame Superman isn't getting the same amount of love or saturation at all. Now that I think about it - this could be what @allstarsuperman means.

Yeah, I was referring to just Marvel Studios when I said that Iron Man has the most appearances. I do actually see @allstarsuperman's point about Superman not having that many films in this particular decade though.

#21 Posted by darkbeam (2522 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22965 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

• Batman has only had 3,

You're only using the past 13 years when Superman and Batman have been in a plethora of movies over the last 20+ years?

well I as using since the new millennia, but yeah they have older movies too. But speaking from a "one universe" that can crossover into several others point of view, Wolverines makes no sense IMO. Nolan batman was dark, while Singer Superman was to light hearted. There universes didn't match up. With the reboot the universes will be one and the same, but Wolverine has had a shared universe with other Xmen for 13 years and he still hogs the spotlight.

#23 Edited by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

• Batman has only had 3,

well I as using since the new millennia, but yeah they have older movies too. But speaking from a "one universe" that can crossover into several others point of view, Wolverines makes no sense IMO. Nolan batman was dark, while Singer Superman was to light hearted. There universes didn't match up. With the reboot the universes will be one and the same, but Wolverine has had a shared universe with other Xmen for 13 years and he still hogs the spotlight.

True.

#24 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved the wolverine more than i originally thought but id seriously love a damn gambit movie and please oh please bring back the dude who played him in orgins. he didnt get a fair chance at all in that travesty

#25 Edited by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear Marvel is going to be the death of the superhero movie genre they come out way to often. What is it every 3 months then one day it'll be every month there's a superhero movie. Now it's going to make the genre stale like the rest of the genres.

#26 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Quality over quantity in my eyes. Superman did great in man of steel. Didn't like that other one though. Batman has had great movies. But how many of wolverines movies were actually that good?

#27 Posted by Tyrus (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

I know people will disagree with me, but ANOTHER Wolverine film just seems like a cash-grab. Fox should just move forward with X-Force already; heck, I would prefer that Fox keeps the rights to Fantastic Four as long as it interferes with them making another Wolverine film...

Also, anyone complaining about Iron Man being Marvel's cash-cow... I've said it before, Iron Man has simply just had more films than the other characters. He had two films released within Phase 1 - because of those films he just happened to have become very popular with fans in The Avengers and in general, GET OVER IT. I'm not going to make my case with Batman because that discussion would never end, but I can definitely say/agree with others over the fact that Wolverine is the biggest cash-cow. Fox could have easily made Cyclops or any other X-Man the star of the original films, but they didn't.

#28 Posted by mikex20 (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

• Batman has only had 3,

Actually in the last 13 years:

Superman had 13 movies.

Batman had 19 movies

Wolverine had only had 7 movies

#29 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22965 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:
@allstarsuperman said:

• Batman has only had 3,

Superman had 13 movies.

Batman had 19 movies

I don't count Animation obviously.

#30 Posted by mikex20 (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:
@allstarsuperman said:

• Batman has only had 3,

Superman had 13 movies.

Batman had 19 movies

I don't count Animation obviously.

They're still movies, making Superman and Batman even more overexposed than Wolverine. Extending your limited timeline 11 years adds 7 more movies for Batman, 1 for Superman, and zero for Wolverine.

#31 Edited by HumanRocket (9341 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Fox while wolverine is a great hero to base films about I feel that it is time for to explore other heroes and they excellent stories and there by showing audiences more than just wolverine... 10 seconds later my house is bombed by Fox D:

#32 Posted by RustyRoy (13842 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

They're still movies, making Superman and Batman even more overexposed than Wolverine. Extending your limited timeline 11 years adds 7 more movies for Batman, 1 for Superman, and zero for Wolverine.

Really? Then by your definition, WW and Flash already had a movie, right? These are direct-to-video movies, these don't count as Live-Action movies or theatrical movies, very different. But if you think that then let's Wolverine star in animated movies instead of live action movies.

#33 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

now that i think of it this could be an opening to introduce the real dead pool and not that orgins crap