Tell me what you guys think:

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All my friends had given up on this show by now and were complaining about characters not dying and slow pacing (which is actually good pacing) but this episode will definitely draw anyone right back in

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

I was like :O this when that thing happened...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

That was the weirdest ending I've ever seen. I would have done the same thing in that Old Chicks position but goddamn.

@jayc1324 said:

All my friends had given up on this show by now and were complaining about characters not dying and slow pacing (which is actually good pacing) but this episode will definitely draw anyone right back in

Settle down, it only counts if they kill of people like Rick, Carol, Carl or Daryl. Those are the shows bread and butter.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

Im honestly getting bored if this song and dance. They find refuge and then s**t goes wrong. This episode (although believable) was the worst in that regard. The only thing that interests me is the new town their heading for and that scientist who knows the cure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get why she put down the crazy little blonde but why the baby?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get why she put down the crazy little blonde but why the baby?

baby is still alive. He was on the dudes back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

I swear there were three graves & baby shoes on one of the crosses.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: Maybe, but unless it was shown they did not kill that baby. That's kinda huge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: and michonne. But its not the people who died that mattered this episode. Its how and why they died

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: The grave with the shoes on it was there at the beginning. There were a few out back when they got there and the girls were looking at them when the walker came out the house.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@jayc1324: I agree, I am usually not crazy about using only death as a wow factor (Walking Dead does this a lot). But this episode did it in a great way and developed other characters in a big way.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It was an interesting variation on the original material from the comic. It was obvious that this was going to happen (for those who read the comic) but I thought it was well done. It is a reminder that sometimes this franchise will go to places no one else will on basic cable.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@saint_wildcard: and michonne. But its not the people who died that mattered this episode. Its how and why they died

Forgot about her. THis was just an arc in one episode, they find a place to stay, say they plan on staying and then things go wrong. Although believable that the stress got to that little girl its the same song and dance routine. I'm hoping this show will end after 2 more seasons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: are you saying michonnes not important? Each season they gain like two million more viewers so they can probably make as many seasons as they want and still be successful. But yes I would be good with only two more seasons but I'd be good with more too.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@saint_wildcard: are you saying michonnes not important? Each season they gain like two million more viewers so they can probably make as many seasons as they want and still be successful. But yes I would be good with only two more seasons but I'd be good with more too.

I only say it because she's black..... NO! I just forgot to add her to the list of important people. As for the viewers, Im pretty sure there's gonna be a cap, it won't grow like that forever, but they still have a ton of viewers. If it goes any longer than that and it's the same damn story Im just gonna drop it. Hopefully the spin off will add some variety.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: theres a spinoff? And yeah even if the viewers do top off they are at like 15-16 million right now maybe more I think if they can keep that up that would be amazing

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im honestly getting bored if this song and dance. They find refuge and then s**t goes wrong. This episode (although believable) was the worst in that regard. The only thing that interests me is the new town their heading for and that scientist who knows the cure.

That's sort of the point since the show's centered around despair. The scientist will most likely die and nothing good will come from Terminus.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@saint_wildcard said:

That's sort of the point since the show's centered around despair. The scientist will most likely die and nothing good will come from Terminus.

I hope he at least dishes some juicy back story to the virus.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Certainly one of the best episodes from this latter part of the season.Yet another episode to help show how great this series is. I don't really read the comics so the big jaw drop scene in this episode was exactly that.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: The scientist will most likely die and nothing good will come from Terminus.

Not sure if you read the comic but these are probably pretty good predictions for the most part (or in spirit). The show is written differently enough from the comic but with enough connection to lead me down this path as well. Terminus for me is ominous. Even the double meaning works.

Certainly one of the best episodes from this latter part of the season.Yet another episode to help show how great this series is. I don't really read the comics so the big jaw drop scene in this episode was exactly that.

I am glad that it had that impact on you. Actually the way the original material was reworked although predictable was still very well done and tragic. One of the best episodes of the entire series IMO. Nice payoff.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos: They're trying to separate the show from the comic. I don't read the comic, but I think they'll do the exact opposite in most cases, kind of like with Sophia.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kuonphobos

@awesam said:

@kuonphobos: They're trying to separate the show from the comic. I don't read the comic, but I think they'll do the exact opposite in most cases, kind of like with Sophia.

I read the comic and watch the show and can definitely say that they do both. There are things that are totally original to the show and there are things in the show that follow a story line in the comics both directly and indirectly (in spirit). For example the events in "The Grove" mirror a very minor story line in the comic. The difference being that in the show they used different characters as well as new (original to the show) characters and they drew the story out for maximum impact.

So regarding your thoughts on Eugene (the scientist) and Terminus, according to the comic you are on track with Eugene while Terminus is original to the show. However there are some plot elements in the comic which occur right about this time (just post fall of the prison) which would fold quite nicely into the Terminus concept they are setting up.

It has been fun watching the variations between the comic and the show and from my POV at least I am able to enjoy both without the need to make comparisons.

For me what has always been the best part of the show has been it's meditative quality. What many seem to think is a "slow" or "dragging" pace, for me is a meditative reflection upon the human condition and how our true nature is reflected through a post-apocalyptic milieu. That has always been one of the values of good science fiction and horror IMO.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I am glad that it had that impact on you. Actually the way the original material was reworked although predictable was still very well done and tragic. One of the best episodes of the entire series IMO. Nice payoff.

I think there are certain elements that they should pull exactly from the comic, as that allows them to showcase them in the context of a TV show. Which can be a different experience than when it is drawn on paper. Not better or worse, just different.

I thought the series would have been weaker since they killed the Governor off, since the show doesn't have a main villain right now. And I was wrong. The series has carried on exceptionally well overall (really apart from that dull Daryl and Beth episode). There are gonna be weak episodes, that is to be expected.

Curious to see how they handle the Hunters (the group that Daryl and presumably Rick encountered) . They seemed to be quite a small part in the comics. Wonder if they will be bigger in the TV show. Hopefully we get Negan later down the line too.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

This episode was, by far, the best episode since the mid-season finale. So well written, well directed, and it had great acting.

Tragic, yet fantastic, episode.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I didn't like this episodes start. Super boring. I hate Carol and Lizzy, but Tyreese and Mike are okay. I was super pissed when Mika died, she was actually interesting, but holy F**K I hate Lizzy. Here are some pics to show how much:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Exactly how I felt^. After she gets shot in the head this is literally what I did:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@haydenclaireheroes: Thanks lol, I can tell you were politely saying that Lizzy was a psychopathic jack@ss. I knew she was gonna kill someone, but I didnt put it together with the comics version on how she did it. I get the apocalypse could really mess someone up though. You think Carol or especially Tyreese would atleast be weary of her. I also didn't like in this episode how Carol and Tyreese let her hold Judith way to close to a zombie for no reason. You think he would have scolded her. I just really wanted Mika to live, I could have seen here somewhat going somewhere, argh, I just hate Lizzy. I actually am surprised that they killed her though, the show is pretty watered down to the comics so I am surprised they let that fly. I was half expecting her to live, but get eaten from stupidity in like 2 episodes.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos said:

I think there are certain elements that they should pull exactly from the comic, as that allows them to showcase them in the context of a TV show. Which can be a different experience than when it is drawn on paper. Not better or worse, just different.

I thought the series would have been weaker since they killed the Governor off, since the show doesn't have a main villain right now. And I was wrong. The series has carried on exceptionally well overall (really apart from that dull Daryl and Beth episode). There are gonna be weak episodes, that is to be expected.

Curious to see how they handle the Hunters (the group that Daryl and presumably Rick encountered) . They seemed to be quite a small part in the comics. Wonder if they will be bigger in the TV show. Hopefully we get Negan later down the line too.

You stated that you don't really read the comics but your comments indicate otherwise. ;)

Your thoughts on the Hunters is exactly what I was alluding to with my comments above about Terminus. The postings for Terminus could simply be a way to funnel prospective victims into an area small and contained enough to use for ambush or somesuch.

The roving gang that caught Daryl seems very different in tone to the Hunters in the comic but I guess the writers could fold a few comic story lines into a hybrid for the tv show. But that is what I am finding to be really cool. Watching the tv show provides a different experience for non-comic readers and comic-readers who get the added process (for better or worse) of getting to see how the writers are incorporating comic related story lines and morphing them in entirely new directions.

For my money the second half of this season has been the best of the series thus far. And I am no longer concerned whether the writers of the show can handle the tough plot lines in an extremely thoughtful and creative manner.

And I also agree that it will be interesting to see what they do with Negan. He has been one of my favorite additions to the story.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos said:

You stated that you don't really read the comics but your comments indicate otherwise. ;)

Your thoughts on the Hunters is exactly what I was alluding to with my comments above about Terminus. The postings for Terminus could simply be a way to funnel prospective victims into an area small and contained enough to use for ambush or somesuch.

The roving gang that caught Daryl seems very different in tone to the Hunters in the comic but I guess the writers could fold a few comic story lines into a hybrid for the tv show. But that is what I am finding to be really cool. Watching the tv show provides a different experience for non-comic readers and comic-readers who get the added process (for better or worse) of getting to see how the writers are incorporating comic related story lines and morphing them in entirely new directions.

For my money the second half of this season has been the best of the series thus far. And I am no longer concerned whether the writers of the show can handle the tough plot lines in an extremely thoughtful and creative manner.

And I also agree that it will be interesting to see what they do with Negan. He has been one of my favorite additions to the story.

:) I have read the wikis as I wanted to learn about the comic books as I was watching the TV show. But I just haven't picked up the comics. Maybe I will after the TV series has ended or I might pick up the first trade after this series has ended to tidy me over till the next season.

Yeah there is certainly something suspicious about, I don't know about Terminus from the comics but it is nothing good and going by the preview for the next episode the TV series the same can be said.

Yeah that is true they are going by a different route and doing there own thing with it but then obviously there are things pulled straight from the comic. One touch I really liked was in the episode where Rick has to get past those men and he takes a jacket and puts it on and it is like the one from the comic. Touches like that add to the show.

They are doing the best mix of both their own thing and stuff from the comic.

Really wondering who they will pick to play him. Would be kinda cool to see him look different to how he looks in the comics like how the Governor does. Hopefully the role comes first and the look comes second.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By the_tree

I'm glad they threw in that shocker of a second half, because I found the first half incredibly dry and boring.

Tyreese's reaction to Carol's confession was great as well. It just helps in solidifying him as one of my favorite characters in the show.

While this season hasn't really blown me away, I'm finding it to be a big step up from season 3. Can't wait to see what lies ahead at Terminus; fingers crossed for the Hunters.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Just watched the episode. Holy shit so emotional. Gahh that was tragic all around.

Avatar image for onedoesnotsimplywalkintomordor
OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't see the picture on the OP, nor do I want to look it up.

But is this the one where one does not simply say, "Look at the flowers?"