The Truth About Wolverine's Strength !

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evilvegeta74

We all know that Wolverine is , well how would Dean Winchester say it? Um' one tuff a** S.O. B! He's been in so many fight/brawls in Marvel comic. Many of his battles were against some of marvels most powerful individuals. I mean his worst enemy calls him runt, that's got to be the key to something about the character. In my book, when you're addressed as a runt, that means your sort of a push over, or the smallest among a group. I know Wolvie has the whole unbreakable bone thing going, and a healing factor. He also a skilled swordman,and warrior, but technically all that means is that he is durable. What I've bee thinking is how can a man who can maybe lift 800- 2 tons possible last in a fight against the big gun such as the Hulk , Thor, etc.... It makes no sense, I'm not calling Spidey a weakling by a long shot, but Wolverine is nowhere near the Strength level class of Spiderman. Why are the writers at marvel and eventhe ones for cartoons ballooning the characters strength, when he's not that strong at all, look at his strength levels. I just wanted to point this out. However he's an okay character by me and this is not a hate thread, perhaps a discovery thread for people. At the end of the day he's an angry little man with claws , unbreakable bones and a healing factor. Superhuman Strength: Wolverine's mutant healing factor enables him to push his muscles beyond the natural limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. His natural strength is augmented by the demand placed on his musculature due to the presence of over 100 pounds of Adamantium bonded to his skeleton, which also removes the natural limitations of the human skeletal structure by allowing him to lift weights that would damage a human skeleton. Wolverine has been depicted with sufficient strength to break steel chains , support the weight of a dozen men with one arm and lift the 955 lb Ursa Major over his head before tossing him across a room. Wolverine's strength is enough to allow him to press somewhere in excess of 800 lbs but no more than 2 tons.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Timandm
@evilvegeta74
Hey!  How dare you call Wolverine an "At the end of the day he's an angry little man with claws , unbreakable bones and a healing factor."   I'll have you know he's... um... well... actually, that's pretty much him.  LOL!!!

But, regarding your question.  How could he last in a fight against The Hulk.    Well, other than using the "Cape of Quesada" which trumps all physics, logic, continuity, and canon...

1. His entire skeleton is not just "unbreakable", it's UNBREAKABLE.  That alone enables him to take beatings from the likes of the Hulk.
  2. Healing Factor allows him to grow back every part of his body in a matter of minutes.  Ridiculously fast, I realize, but that's how it is.  
  3. He is not just a skilled swordsman, he is a Samurai Warrior.  Not just in name, and not from a quick six week training session.  He LIVED in Japan for decades.  He literally trained and lived as a Samurai warrior.
  4. Super human stamina/endurance.  His healing factor removes the toxins that build up as a result of physical exertion.  As a result, he can fight for extended lengths of time without getting tired.
  5. Special Forces training.
  6. Master of a number of styles of Kung Fu.  At least, that's what I've read somewhere. 

So, you see, while it is true that he makes a great slap around toy because he can take terrible beatings and keep going,  he is a skilled warrior on a par with the likes of Captain America, the Black Widow, and Iron-First.

Well, that's what I think.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Timandm:

I agree, he's great it's just that, I believe that people have, his strength level way off.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Timandm
@evilvegeta74 said:

@Timandm:

I agree, he's great it's just that, I believe that people have, his strength level way off.

True enough.  Many think he has super human strength and he doesn't.   Although I've often wondered, if having such a heavy skeleton, has forced him to become MUCH stronger.  but not super human...
And all the points I made, they really only explain how he can stay IN a fight with the Hulk... I can't seem him ever really winning...
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Timandm said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Timandm:

True enough. Many think he has super human strength and he doesn't. Although I've often wondered, if having such a heavy skeleton, has forced him to become MUCH stronger. but not super human... And all the points I made, they really only explain how he can stay IN a fight with the Hulk... I can't seem him ever really winning...

I know ,many think that , now about the skeleton thing, I'd assume the Goku theory on that one, you know the gravity being stronger on the body and actually getting used to it. Wolvie has actually had more years of training than most, which makes him very dangerous. The one thing Ihave a problem with is when he fought the Hulk during WW Hulk. Hulk stated that he wonders how many punches can Wolvie take to the head, while his brain was repeatedly being shook around in his skull, while Wolvie was incapacitated. If this is the case if he gets hit by a superhuman too many times in the head would it kill him? I don;t know .

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timandm
@evilvegeta74 said:

@Timandm said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Timandm:

True enough. Many think he has super human strength and he doesn't. Although I've often wondered, if having such a heavy skeleton, has forced him to become MUCH stronger. but not super human... And all the points I made, they really only explain how he can stay IN a fight with the Hulk... I can't seem him ever really winning...

I know ,many think that , now about the skeleton thing, I'd assume the Goku theory on that one, you know the gravity being stronger on the body and actually getting used to it. Wolvie has actually had more years of training than most, which makes him very dangerous. The one thing Ihave a problem with is when he fought the Hulk during WW Hulk. Hulk stated that he wonders how many punches can Wolvie take to the head, while his brain was repeatedly being shook around in his skull, while Wolvie was incapacitated. If this is the case if he gets hit by a superhuman too many times in the head would it kill him? I don;t know .

Maybe it would have back in the 80s.  But his healing factor has been amped up (by writers) to the point where he literally recovers from a nuclear explosion at point blank range.  And I'm not exaggerating.   At the beginning of Civil War, he was standing RIGHT BY Nitro as he exploded with the full force and radiation of a nuclear bomb... and yet, minutes later, he's up and about..talking.. attacking.. etc...  is it ridiculous?  Yes... But that is how powerful the writers have his healing factor at the moment...  Think about that.  Every cell in his body should have atomized from the sheer heat alone... yet...  So, I think his brain could keep regenerating...  but when you consider how hard it would be getting knocked up against that adamantium shell?  DANG...
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

Yeah I noticed the healing factor thing. It's beyond belief, he entertaining like that. Another thing, seems like he's been on a cigar diet lately, that's one of his trademarks.