#1 Posted by E-MAN (187 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Silver Surfer: Can enter Hyperspace. tied Nova.he can enter Hyperspace as well. tied Green Lantern.

2.The Flash:I personally think he's tied with the surfer,but I didn't want too many ties. tie Runner. All the other flashes/DC speedsters.

3.Mark Curry:fastest of the Eternals. tie Capt. Marvel/Marvel Family:the speed of Mercury.

4.Photon LightSpeed is her limit.

tie Supergirl.She faster than Clark.

5.Superman. Just a hair below lightspeed.

6.Thor. Moving at God Speed he could be higher.

7.Hyperion

1. Sentry:Maybe he should be higher,but the exact limits of his powers are unknown.

9.Living Lightening. this Avenger can move as fast as a bolt of lightening.

10.Original Flash.(Jay Garrett)

So what to the rest of u think,whom did I miss. Would any of u change anything. I welcome all your input.

Post Edited:2007-07-08 13:20:06

#2 Posted by E-MAN (187 posts) - - Show Bio

the Sentry is 8th 4 some reason everytime I edit it does that.

#3 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#4 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash can time travel so he should be the fastest. Any and all heralds of Galactus can enter hyperspace and travel faster than light speed. Runner is faster than Surfer.

#5 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by E-MAN (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Flash can time travel so he should be the fastest. Any and all heralds of Galactus can enter hyperspace and travel faster than light speed. Runner is faster than Surfer."

Your right,but I didn't want all the ties. Flash is the Surfers equal in Speed. Runners faster huh I'll check my Marvel Handbook on that on.

#7 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

nope. surfer is number 2 to Flash. it's already done. use the damn link.

#8 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

E-MAN says:

"Valkaad says:
"Flash can time travel so he should be the fastest. Any and all heralds of Galactus can enter hyperspace and travel faster than light speed. Runner is faster than Surfer."
Your right,but I didn't want all the ties. Flash is the Surfers equal in Speed. Runners faster huh I'll check my Marvel Handbook on that on."

No need to check. I have the comic where they fight and runner IS faster than the surfer.

#9 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"use the damn link."
that's for E-Dork
Post Edited:2007-07-08 13:44:16
#10 Posted by E-MAN (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"E-MAN says:
"Valkaad says:
Your right,but I didn't want all the ties. Flash is the Surfers equal in Speed. Runners faster huh I'll check my Marvel Handbook on that on."
No need to check. I have the comic where they fight and runner IS faster than the surfer."

Your right I remember that book.

#11 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"use the damn link."
that's for E-Dork"
#12 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

superman is 99% of the speed of light, and that is nowhere near light speed, therefore supergirl is also not at lightspeed. In fact superman claimed to be faster.
Living lightening should be above supes.

Quasar is faster than light. Goku is faster than light.

#13 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Age Superman

Silver Surfer

Flash  Post Crisis (Wally)

Majestic 

Makkari

Pre Crisis Flash (Barry)

Kid Flash  or Liberty Bell

Post Crisis Superman or Supergirl 

Photon (Monica)

Nova  

The Blur

Quasar

Wonder Woman

Thor 

Flash Pre Crisis (Jay)

#14 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry seems to have faster reactions than Thor

#15 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio
@E-MAN said:
"

the Sentry is 8th 4 some reason everytime I edit it does that.

"
Sentry is too slow
#16 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cryo-Wolf: The comic vine lists are not very good you definitely can't go on them.
#17 Posted by Wizardboy (53 posts) - - Show Bio

where is zoom

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Good list but Flash is first and than is Surfer,but where is ZOOM?

#19 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator is up there with them also lol. Superman has went faster than light more than once but just under light is probably his average speed. If living lightning moves as fast as lightning then he's moving at light speed lol. Quicksilver has gone fast enough to rip atoms out of a persons body so that has to be above light speed ,so his speed is very under estimated. Warlock is up there with Surfer. The uni power 'Captain Universe' is almost limitless depending who has the power. Idk what its standard speed is but it must be above light.

#20 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by TAneT62 (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say WW has one of the fastest reaction times out of anyone ...

#22 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed of lightning is not equal to the Speed of light

#23 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Makkari

2) The Runner

3) Zoom

4) Silver Surfer

5) The Flash (Wally West)

6) Gladiator

7) Barry Allan

8) Mr Majestic

9) Quasar

10) Photon

#24 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Rough Superman Speed Calc

• 742,849,260 = Shortest distance in miles from Earth to Saturn. (Taking revolutions into account)
  • 670,616,629 = Speed of light in MPH
  • 1.1 (1 hour and 6 minutes)= Hours it takes light to get to get to Saturn from Earth
  • 4 minutes = Roughly the time it took Superman to reach Earth from Saturn
  • 1 hour and 6 minutes/ 4 minutes = 16.5
  • Superman = Roughly 15-17x faster than light

He's somewhere on this list. I can't pinpoint the Pluto to Earth before a conversation is over in New 52 though.

#25 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

ROFL, Crybaby Wolf was very upset in this thread over 5 years ago.

On topic:

All the Flashes, Runner, Zoom,

#26 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver is pretty quick, in JLA/Avengers he isn't as fast as Flash but he's not that much slower.

#27 Edited by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@shark_repellent_bat_spray: It's weird how they didn't make Quicksilver faster when they created him, so he could compete with the other speedsters in comics.

#29 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: He is still very fast, I would assume Marvel didn't want to overpower him like DC did with The Flash.

#30 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@shark_repellent_bat_spray: Still Flash is more loved than Quicksilver, much more. I don't know if it's his speed it's something at least.

#31 Edited by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: Well, you have to think about it for a moment. The Flash (Jay Garrick) was first created in 1940 by Gardner Fox... Jay had a very successful run of over 100 issues (Flash Comics). He was then reinvented in 1956 as Barry Allen, again he had a very successful run 200 issues this time (The Flash). Then, after the death of Barry in Crisis on Infinite Earths Wally West took over as the 3rd Flash and proved to be even more loved than the previous 2 (The Flash).

So, he's had a huge fan following since the 1940s over multiple generations, he is an A-List character and he's a founding Justice League member.

Quicksilver, despite appearing in over 2000 issues has never had an ongoing series this popular and was also one of the less popular Avengers, at most a C-List character, perhaps even lower. Which is unfortunate...

#32 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@shark_repellent_bat_spray: If my name were stan lee I would have worked more on Quicksilver, and not have made him a human hater. Because his name is pretty clever and if he had worked more on his background and made him a character with his own series he might have had a better success, but why focus on that now? There's other characters that should've had and should have their own series.

#33 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: He may have been created by Jack & Stan but I'm pretty sure he was written more by Roy Thomas during his Avengers run... I'm not 100% sure about that though.

However, in comparison to other Avengers they had at the time he was one of the least popular! No way is Quicksilver upstaging Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye or The Vision. Not to mention he was usually the outsider in the group.

#34 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire Flash family including Jay Garrick, Black Adam, Silver Surfer, Superman, Thor, Zum, Gladiator, the speedster list goes on...

#35 Posted by Cardle_grave (458 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Dabee (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm... helloooo?

#37 Posted by Ben836 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonic is fastest as Super Sonic, he is so fast he destroyed a universe, and ended up back in time in another universe.

He once ran so fast he charged up a chaos and only used one to transform into super sonic, then went even faster, moving faster than light reaches earth. He also can go any distance he wants in no time passing.

#38 Posted by Ben836 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonic the Hedgehog is fastest, as Super Sonic. He is so fast he destroyed a universe, and woke up in a different one.

He once ran so fast, he charged up a chaos emerald with the energy, and used only that one to go to super sonic, and went faster than light reaches the earth. When using chaos control he can go any distance he wants with no time passing in between. I also heard he once came back to his starting point before he left.

#39 Posted by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer isn't faster than flash. where is quick silver? i know this is 3 years old, but come on...

#40 Posted by Kaiayos (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what you guy are talking about. Considering the fact that Glorian can travel at Tachyon speeds, that already guarantees that he is the fastest, it is completely impossible to go faster than him, you would only be able to go as fast as him, never faster.

FYI: In case you don't know what tachyon speed is, i'll give you a clue. Speed range: Instantaneous speed/teleportation-traveling back in time(but only if the coordinate is switched during the movement)