Avatar image for perchance2dream
Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Perchance2Dream

Hey guys! This is my first post on the forums, and I was wondering... now that DC has acknowledged the fact that ALL their properties exist in one multiverse, what do you think would happen in an earth identical to Alan Moore's original "Watchmen" run, where the new 52 version of the Spectre existed. Is the Spectre more powerful than Dr. Manhattan? Would he have stopped Ozymandias? Or is he just as detatched is John? Would the Spectre entity even have the authority to intervene in the events of Watchmen? How do you guys think thibgs would have played out differntly? Let me know in the discussion below, and thanks for reading!!!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Spectre farts and Dr. Manhattan dies..........

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre can literally do anything he wants and is infinitely more powerful than anyone in the watchmen universe. And dc universe to actually. He is the god of dc.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By aquaman01

Well, yes to everything. However, there have been times where Spectre will only act AFTER the crime, so depending on his mood he may let Ozy destroy New York. Spectre is basically 1 trillion times above anything conceivable in Watchmen lol

Spectre literally obeys God. Spectre otherwise has all authority (unless an even more powerful being than him won't allow him like Michael in heaven).

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Mrnoital
OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: @jayc1324: I thought The Spectre was like a personification of an aspect of God. He's like the angel of vengeance or something, right?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

@mrnoital: @jayc1324: I thought The Spectre was like a personification of an aspect of God. He's like the angel of vengeance or something, right?

Spectre is just a servant of God, not an aspect.

In the same way that the Radiant is God's Mercy, Spectre is God's Vengeance - both are just servants, however.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: weird, it says on his wiki page(on this site) that he is "An aspect of the Presence, the Spectre is His Vengeance."

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JediXMan  Moderator
@mrnoital said:

@jedixman: weird, it says on his wiki page(on this site) that he is "An aspect of the Presence, the Spectre is His Vengeance."

Possibly just a phrase based on artistic licenses. But Spectre is a fallen angel; an angel who served Lucifer, and then went to repent for his actions in the rebellion. His penance was that he would always need to be bound to a mortal and bring about vengeance for eternity.

It's something like that, if my memory is correct.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sinestro_GL

I think people are giving Dr. Manhattan too little credit - he is essentially a god as well, capable of teleporting and killing people with a single thought

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: you are right, it says

When the angel Raguel/Aztar, who rebelled with Lucifer, repented of his sins, The Presence had the angel stripped of his memories prior and he become the incarnation of His wrath

so it still kinda seems like he is the wrath/vengeance of the presence, but i could very well be wrong in that

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

@jedixman said:
@mrnoital said:

Possibly just a phrase based on artistic licenses. But Spectre is a fallen angel; an angel who served Lucifer, and then went to repent for his actions in the rebellion. His penance was that he would always need to be bound to a mortal and bring about vengeance for eternity.

It's something like that, if my memory is correct.

I think that's correct. I remember reading the comic where Michael forces him to submit to being bound to a mortal or something.

But haven't there been multiple angels who used to serve in the same role as the Spectre? Like Eclipso?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: looking at the wiki yes

The Spectre was created to replace the being Eclipso, the Spirit of Gods Revenge who was no longer suitable to be the Wrath.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Hm, so the presence is god? He is like the TOAA of DC, the highest being?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JediXMan  Moderator
@jayc1324 said:

@jedixman: Hm, so the presence is god? He is like the TOAA of DC, the highest being?

Yes and no.

The Presence was the supreme being of DC. The original Presence stepped down, however, if my memory serves. The current, "acting Presence," is Elaine Belloc, who became the new Presence. I don't know if this is still true. Either way, the Presence is the supreme being / TOAA of DC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

This made me laugh more than it should've.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

just take a look at New 52 Captain Atom and there's your answer

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers