• 73 results
#1 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

ComicMix Six: The Worst Supervillain Names in Comics

Oh, no! It's the... Rainbow Raider?

A while back, I gave you "The Worst Superhero Names in Comics," but now it's time for the other end of the spectrum. Yes, it's time to give the supervillains their due. (Well, those of them with horrible names, that is.)

Oh, and before anyone mentions folks like "Mr. Banjo" and "Captain Nazi," I didn’t include those characters because they were created to fight Captain Marvel back when that character's adventures were still very much aimed at younger readers - so I consider them to be an entirely different animal. The same goes for any villains created with intentionally silly names (i.e., Howard the Duck's nemesis, "Dr. Bong").

Ready? Okay, then I give you the ComicMix Six list of The Worst Supervillain Names in Comics...

6. BUSHMASTER: Yeah, I know it’s the name of a deadly snake. But honestly, guys and gals, when you see Wonder Woman (of all people) fighting a telepathic character called "Bushmaster," and then you read her thought bubble proclaiming, “Great Hera! I -- I cannot resist the telepathic commands of the evil Bushmaster!” … Well, you can’t help but laugh and cringe at the same time -- which is painful, believe me.

Congratulations, Bushmaster. You just barely edged out "The Growing Man" and "Bi-Beast" in the award for names with ridiculous innuendo.

5. HYPNO-HUSTLER: Beware, all you hep cats and kittens! This man has knockout gas and retractable knives in his boots ('cause using your hands is for suckas), hypnotic goggles that make you fall under his spell, and an afro that can block out the sun. (Okay, that last part was an exaggeration - but trust me when I tell you the afro is big. Damn big.)

And in case his hypnosis isn’t powerful enough by itself, he has a backup band called "The Mercy Killers" who have the ability to increase his hypnotic abilities. I’m not kidding! It’s a supervillain in a sleeveless white jumpsuit with an afro, goggles and a backup band! Hustler, you’re worse than Stilt-Man! (R.I.P.)

4. RAINBOW RAIDER: How can you not laugh at this name? Say it with me now: "Roy G. Bivolo, a.k.a. The Rainbow Raider." Did he fight Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake? Hold on... your motivation is that you grew up colorblind so you use special color goggles to rob works of art and generally mess with people? Colorblindness is what you sent you down this criminal path? That's the great tragedy in your life?

Even guys with names like Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang consider the party over when you show up, buddy.

3. POLKA-DOT MAN: You know that guy who fought Spider-Man and called himself The Spot? Well, his name sounds perfectly reasonable next to Polka-Dot Man. “Hey, look at me! I can use the polka-dots on my costume as deadly weapons! I bet I can beat Batman now! C’mere, Batman, I’m gonna kick your--” POW! THUD! End of story.

Next?

2. BUG-EYED BANDIT: You can command insects. But “Insector” or “King Insect” or “Swarm” or “Hive” or even “Dr. Locust” didn’t cut it, so you thought, “Wait, what is the most ridiculous thing I could possibly call myself?”

What made this villain worse? How about the time that he accidentally sprayed himself with amnesia gas and didn’t know who he was for several years? Or how about the fact that he died and was succeeded by his son, who actually thought it would be a good idea to use the same name? Like father, like destined-for-ridicule son, I guess.

1. PASTE-POT PETE: I don’t care that a few years later you changed your name to "The Trapster." The fact that you actually spent more than five seconds thinking “Sure, 'Paste-Pot Pete' is an okay name" automatically earns you the top spot in this list.

Just to prove the point, I conducted a not-exactly-scientific survey among various friends, asking them what they thought the worst supervillain name in the history of comics could possibly be. Every single one of them said, “Paste-Pot Pete.” That has to tell you something -- especially since the name hasn't been used for decades now.

Of course, there's something to be said for the fact that, when Spider-Man heard you introduce yourself for the first time, he chose to fall on the ground laughing rather than bother fighting you.

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/05/14/comicmix-six-the-worst-supervillain-names-in-comics/

#2 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say, the Bushmaster is a pretty awesome supervillain name.

#3 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor octopus is pretty name regardless of power set.

#4 Posted by inferiorego (24529 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America.... pretty ridiculous

Staff
#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Red sounds plain stupid

#6 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

well when you think about it Cat-man. what in his name strikes fear into his enemies. Oh dear he may give me tiny scratches all over my body and paw at my crotch when he's in my lap, ok that last part didn't sound too good but you know what I mean

#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
Vortex13 said:
"well when you think about it Cat-man. what in his name strikes fear into his enemies. Oh dear he may give me tiny scratches all over my body and paw at my crotch when he's in my lap, ok that last part didn't sound too good but you know what I mean"
LOL why but would you really want someone with Catman's strength pawing your crotch.. that should put the fear in ya :)
#8 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
Nova`Prime` said:
"Vortex13 said:
"well when you think about it Cat-man. what in his name strikes fear into his enemies. Oh dear he may give me tiny scratches all over my body and paw at my crotch when he's in my lap, ok that last part didn't sound too good but you know what I mean"
LOL why but would you really want someone with Catman's strength pawing your crotch.. that should put the fear in ya :)"
Hahaha yea that actually would
#9 Edited by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

Prince Evillo

Badra
Maxie Zeus
Paste-Pot Pete
Stompa
Baldini
Moderator Online
#10 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6199 posts) - - Show Bio

Smokescreen the Anti-Tobacco villain of Marvel

#11 Posted by Crimson Clown (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Stiltman - I see him robbing a bank "Oh No! it's Stiltman!" I stick out my foot and trip him, "TIMBER!!!"

#12 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Granny Goodness
#13 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio
Firestormnuclerman said:
"Of course, there's something to be said for the fact that, when Spider-Man heard you introduce yourself for the first time, he chose to fall on the ground laughing rather than bother fighting you."
Awesome. Maybe it was on purpose.
#14 Edited by Crimson Clown (122 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"
Granny Goodness"

I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or throw up
#15 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Wood
Ding Dong Daddy

#16 Edited by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
The Penguin: If you want to use a bird themed villain, I could see names like Shrike or Talon working but the Penguin? It doesn't convey any type of menace mainly because penguins are not known to be menacing to begin with.

The Fisherman: They were trying way  too hard to play into the whole aquatic scene with Aquaman.

Humpty Dumpty: Someone thought this was a great name/gimmick for a Batman villain. Someone was wrong.

Spot: It's funny because his powers are pretty neat and I understand why they call him that considering the way he looks and how his powers appear but still...it's something I would name my dog not a villain.

Toyman: Works well as a supporting character for Jeffrey the giraffe (Toys R Us) or Buzz Lightyear but not for a villain.

Granny Goodness: Not good for a villain to sound like someone from the Golden Girls.

#17 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:

Humpty Dumpty: Someone thought this was a great name/gimmick for a Batman villain. Someone was wrong.

HILARIOUS

#18 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Vortex13 said:
uh, why is it supposed to strike fear into his enemies? He's not batman; he'll just cut the guy up with his claws instead of caring if he's scared or not.
#19 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:

Granny Goodness: Not good for a villain to sound like someone from the Golden Girls. "
I was going to say this one.

What about Calendar Man? Someone has probably said it. I can't stand his name...however, he s a pretty sick character.
#20 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:

Granny Goodness: Not good for a villain to sound like someone from the Golden Girls. "
I was going to say this one.

What about Calendar Man? Someone has probably said it. I can't stand his name...however, he s a pretty sick character.
#21 Posted by Aqua Angel (83 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"
Granny Goodness"
Dang shes Hot!

JK Lol
#22 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Granny Goodness is a brilliant name. 

#23 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki. Just say it to yourself a couple of times and hear how ridiculous it sounds.

#24 Posted by Crimson Clown (122 posts) - - Show Bio
Aqua Angel said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"
Granny Goodness"
Dang shes Hot!JK Lol"
That's Just Sick!
#25 Posted by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Babs said:
"Dr. ? man said:

I was going to say this one.What about Calendar Man? Someone has probably said it. I can't stand his name...however, he s a pretty sick character."
Calendar Man certainly fits the criteria of a villain with a bad name. There's also other Bat villains who are unlucky with their given names like Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Penny Plunderer and Solly Bean.
#26 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Eye Scream.

#27 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Icarusflies said:
"Prince Evillo
Badra
Maxie Zeus
Paste-Pot Pete
Stompa
Baldini
"

King Tut
Calender Man
Gearhead
Cluemaster
Ringmaster
Stilt Man
The Owl
#28 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"Captain WoodDing Dong Daddy"
Let me further add Ding Dong Daddy with bad car shops made him seem like he's a enemy for 21 Jump Street not of the Strong Teen Titans.

The Human Eraser everbody fear for your life for the Human Eraser

All the Ani Men. All have stupid names, and look like they belong on a episode of Scooby Doo. Bullseye, Kingpin, Lady Bullseye, Gladiator,  etc those feared names when you think of Daredevil enemies however any of the ani men. no.
#29 Posted by Jet jaguar (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

agent orange is pretty bad

#30 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio
Firestormnuclerman said:
"Icarusflies said:
"Prince Evillo
Badra
Maxie Zeus
Paste-Pot Pete
Stompa
Baldini
"
King TutCalender ManGearheadCluemasterRingmasterStilt ManThe Owl"
Prankster
Starro
Dominus
Electro
Zebra-Man
Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Icarusflies said:
"Firestormnuclerman said:
"Icarusflies said:
"Prince Evillo
Badra
Maxie Zeus
Paste-Pot Pete
Stompa
Baldini
"
Prankster
Starro
Dominus
Electro
Zebra-Man
"

You can replace Electro with Toad.

10 Eyed Man For a Lame Super Villain with brain damage Bats is responible for his situation no he isn't he gets a lame name, costume, and all around concept.
SignalMan Sounds like something related to helping with automobiles. Very stupid costume, method of operation, and all around concept.
Kite Man What self respecting super villain wears pink as their main color. I guess it's one with a lame name, and that doesn't feel shame.
Magpie Her look and concept was as dumb as her name. Bringing a gun, and chain to fight a invulerable man Superman, and one of the worlds greatest detectives that takes on thugs on a regular with those same weapons. EIther she was on LSD, or she was so foolish enough to believe these weapons were enough to win when really they aren't.
The Fly Their are many strong predators of a Spider however the flys are what spiders eat. One of the dumbest decisions ever. Spider Man makes this pansy looks as dumb as his name.,
Doofus P.Ratchet His costume, concept, and look is as dumb as his name. With idiot, moron, or some other negative word as the name for the super villain that's pretty much a magnet to be ridiculed, and unrespected.
Leap Frog One of Daredevil's dumbest rogues of all time that looked like a Scooby Doo villain.
Gearhead A very dumb super villain with a unfitting name. Frostbite happened to his legs not his head.
Mister Doll Not one of Iron Man's renown formidable antagonists.
Man Elephant What's next the Man Hippo. She Hulk hasn't got a strong treatment for a a list of formidable adversaries however this guy takes the cake as one of the worst foes for She Hulk.
Big Wheel I think the Big Fool is more like it. He didn't bother to learn how to operate this destructive engine, and is very cleary that unwise decision cost him.
#32 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. ? man said:
"The Penguin: If you want to use a bird themed villain, I could see names like Shrike or Talon working but the Penguin? It doesn't convey any type of menace mainly because penguins are not known to be menacing to begin with.

The Fisherman: They were trying way  too hard to play into the whole aquatic scene with Aquaman.

Spot: It's funny because his powers are pretty neat and I understand why they call him that considering the way he looks and how his powers appear but still...it's something I would name my dog not a villain.

Toyman: Works well as a supporting character for Jeffrey the giraffe (Toys R Us) or Buzz Lightyear but not for a villain.

On the Penguin since He's suppose to be underestimated that fits perfectly into his main concept. People don't expect the Penguin to be a threat until it's to late.
#33 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"Captain Wood"

HAHA   
Captain WOOD lol
#34 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cold, Pot Paste Pete, Witch Woman, Kangaroo, Lex Luthor (just kidding), and uuhh... I can't think of one more.

#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Egg Fu

#36 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

The Plumber

The Brain

#37 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fly Let's Choose the most common meal of Spider's to be a enemy of Spider Man. One of the dumbest decisions ever.
Kangaroo Perfect for a kids show, not perfect for a enemy of Spider Man. Everyone remembers that Kangroo from Big Daddy he basically seemed like he was suppose to be another Barny well that's what this Kangroo comes off as.
The Answer Seems more like a name for some guy that has a bunch of answers not a super villain.
Mindworm No explanation needed it's as lame as it sounds.
Gibbon A small cute, and cuddly animal is suppose to be a savage super villain. This failed completly what's next the Kola. The Burglar and Joe Chill were both more dangerous than this fool, and they had no super powers.
Mirage Nothing more than A poorman's Mysterio that looks very lame, and is no where near a worthy adverary of Spidey.

#38 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
Icarusflies said:
"Icarusflies said:
"Prince Evillo
Badra
Maxie Zeus
Paste-Pot Pete
Stompa
Baldini
"
Prankster
Starro
Dominus
Electro
Zebra-Man
"

ha ha ha! stop! I'm gonna burst a stitch..... oh they're just awful.
#39 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

Mad Thinker
Black Adam
Mojo
Nimrod
Babidi
Killer Frost
Webstor

#40 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
jloneblackheart said:
"Mad ThinkerBlack AdamMojoNimrodBabidiKiller FrostWebstor"

Black Adam I have to disagree.
Killer Frost She's a killer, and she's stone cold savage. Pretty self explanatory.
Nimrod yes it has both a negative and positive usage. It can regarded as a foolish person, or a hunter. Nimrod is a hunter. Far from the worse you want the worse I would say name a super villain intended to be serious moron, dimwit, nitwit, goofball, etc.
All the others I agree with they sound very stupid. What's next the Bitter Ponder.
#41 Edited by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:

Icarusflies says:
That's not so bad. Kite-Man's costume is usually pink.

Moderator Online
#42 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio
Firestormnuclerman said:
"Icarusflies said:
"Icarusflies said:
"Prince Evillo
Badra
Maxie Zeus
Paste-Pot Pete
Stompa
Baldini
"
Prankster
Starro
Dominus
Electro
Zebra-Man
"
Toad. 10 Eyed Man SignalMan  Kite Man Magpie The Fly Leap Frog Gearhead Mister Doll Man Elephant  Big Wheel 
Evil Star
Tapeworm
Turtle-Man
Film Freak
Holiday
Tweedledum and Tweedledee

Moderator Online
#43 Edited by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Shredder This Guy suppose to be a worthy adversary of Hulk, and Wolverine. Forget it he's not even a annoyance so no surprise he was a short lived super villain.
Human Eraser One of the dumbest super villain names I have ever heard.
Big Wheel More like big fool considering this guy failed to read the instructions on how to operate the machine.
Magpie Another one that looks as dumb as her name. You can get better bird names for super villains but this one takes the cake for lamest of lame.
Tallyman Tally up how lame this name is on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the lamest. It's a 10. Sounds like a game like Hangman, and he looks as dumb as his name.

#44 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grim Reaper The only thing grim about him is he actually thinks he's truly a scary Grim Reaper when he's so far from the Grim Reaper. Him against Black Flash not a contest Black Flash in a curbstomp.

#45 Posted by Deadpool_2099 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl 
Big Bertha
Puppet master
Sugar Man
Strong Guy

#46 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Deadpool_2099 said:
"Squirrel Girl Big BerthaPuppet masterSugar ManStrong Guy"

When was Strongguy a super villain? Squirrelgirl she's a super heroine last I checked.
#47 Posted by Deadpool_2099 (34 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah.. Uh that was my bad.. I forgot we were doin super villains and put in a few super heroes that had awful names too.. at least Puppet Master and Sugar Man are villains, so i got 2 out of 5, that aint bad
#48 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody mentioned Doctor Bong?

#49 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"Nobody mentioned Doctor Bong?"

You have now. Is he a top bong supplier, or did he become so high off the bong what better name to call him?
 What about that guy with that thing on his groin?

All Ani Men  Their names suck, and look like they belong on a episode of Scooby Doo.
Ringmaster More like IncompotenceMaster. The guy has been owned by just about every super hero in the Marvel Universe. To top it off he is usually thrown back in Jail, and doesn't do any major damage before being defeated while Joker, Green Goblin, Magneto, Dr.Doom. Two Face, Cheetah, etc do plenty of damage before being defeated.
#50 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" Granny Goodness is a brilliant name.  "
agreed, we need more names liek this