The Sentry in Marvel Now?

Marvelsentry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Marvelsentry89

Always felt the Sentry was under appreciated, in my opinion dark reign was the last great marvel era, with only certain stories being great since. Especially the current new avengers and avengers title. So I was very happy to see the Sentry back as a horseman in uncanny Avengers.

Spoilers.......... It ends with him transporting the body of exiltar the celestial away from earth, alive and well. Does anyone know of any future plans to use him? He can't just be out there alive and not used, he's too powerful and unhinged to be kept quiet

Marvelsentry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Marvelsentry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: the end of siege? Or fallen son? And care to explain why you hate him? Just curious

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@marvelsentry89: i hate him because his character serves no real purple but to be a power house. iron man even states his shallowness when explaining why he was envited to the team because he's the bullet and they can just point and shoot.the whole void thing makes him slightly better but the dude is more of a concept than a character as he doesn't make his own decisions and is really just a plot device. imo

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

@marvelsentry89: i hate him because his character serves no real purple but to be a power house. iron man even states his shallowness when explaining why he was envited to the team because he's the bullet and they can just point and shoot.the whole void thing makes him slightly better but the dude is more of a concept than a character as he doesn't make his own decisions and is really just a plot device. imo

Pretty much this. I also don't like the fact that his background story involves him having been there for 50 years ish of comics and everyone just magically forgot because of The Void, or whatever.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@comicdude360 said:

Pretty much this. I also don't like the fact that his background story involves him having been there for 50 years ish of comics and everyone just magically forgot because of The Void, or whatever.

He is the only character in the World born on a hoax. That makes him original.

Marvelsentry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: @comicdude360: as a big sentry fan I am also not a fan of the way they worked him into the history of marvel.

However, I never understood the concept of hating him because to me he seems like a great human character, let alone the powerhouse god ripping badass he is. The whole ying and yang internal conflict always seemed cool on such a powerful level.

You guys didn't enjoy him in dark reign? The molecule man storyline, him killing ares, destroying Asgard, world war hulk battle, ripping carnage in half, and completely voiding out during siege? To each their own I guess.

Would you guys agree, maybe not because of his death in your view, but overall the quality of story has gone down since dark reign? I truly enjoyed that period of marvel, I'm also 25 so I've read comics for about 13 years now, not a new comer

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have the sentry flip flop back and fourth. Have him join the avengers and him finding his place in the world he will just be there to help when he feels the need to instead of being ordered around.

Marvelsentry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: have you read the current uncanny avengers storyline?

HAVICKGREEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry > Overrated Supes

hahaha hahaha

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvelsentry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: through a series of very complicated events the sentry was resurrected as one of the four horsemen, death. He eventually believes he is the protector of earth and saves the earth from

A celestial. He transports the body away and is still alive at the end of the storyline.

So he's alive, and mind you that he acknowledged his craziness and apparently is without the void. But we've heard that before. So I don't know what that means for the future of comics

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelsentry89 said:

@those_eyes: through a series of very complicated events the sentry was resurrected as one of the four horsemen, death. He eventually believes he is the protector of earth and saves the earth from

A celestial. He transports the body away and is still alive at the end of the storyline.

So he's alive, and mind you that he acknowledged his craziness and apparently is without the void. But we've heard that before. So I don't know what that means for the future of comics

I hope he comes back and eventually the void comes back aswell. I will be surprised if his story line is just left at that.

Marvelsentry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: yeah that would be sloppy, just like them having gambit transform into his death persona multiple times a couple years back and it never lead anywhere. Hate that shit

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But when he ripped Ares in half, we can all agree that was cool right? You had to at least appreciate that art.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But when he ripped Ares in half, we can all agree that was cool right? You had to at least appreciate that art.

Oh yae that was cool. The first time i ever heard anything about the sentry was looking at some scans of world war hulk and coming across the sentry doing that.