Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

The Rogues // Respect Thread

No Caption Provided

Forward // Message from TTBA

Hello,

My name is TheTrueBarryAllen [ TTBA for short ] and I've finally decided to create a respect thread dedicated to my favorite villain team in comics. Often times when I venture into the battle forums and view threads created with members of the Rogues I see the same 5 or 6 scans over and over - hopefully this thread will be useful to anyone wanting to learn more about and/or use the Rogues in a debate, allowing you all to expand your library of scans while also reading about one of the greatest villain teams in comics.

This is the first respect thread I've ever made - so I apologize if the formatting makes reading it difficult. I'd also like to notify anyone & everyone that if they wish to add to this thread to PM me & I'll add your contributions into the OP - I'd rather keep every scan localized and in one post rather than have pages upon pages for people to search through.

If anyone notices any errors within this thread feel free to PM me with the error so that I can fix this - I'm looking for grammatical issues, spelling errors, and just plain ol' out of context interpretations.

With all that being said I do believe it's time for me to step down from my podium and introduce the stars of the night - The Rogues.

EDIT: I know this Respect Thread is incomplete, and sadly I won't be able to complete it due to the New Scan Rule. If that rule ever changes I may be able to finish this thread, but until then this is all that will be avaliable. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Origins (I)

During the period of comics known as the Silver Age a certain super fast hero began accumulating one of the most interesting and colorful group of villains - this hero being Barry Allen, The Flash.

Villains began appearing within the criminal underground of the comic world - villains such as Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, and the Trickster. These villains made Central City, home of the Flash, their own home for various criminal activities; however, most of them were variations on the simple bank robbery. What made these villains unique is that while they were facing a hero who could defy physics, outrace light, and had total molecular control over his body, they were only normal humans with brilliant minds and highly advanced technology and weaponry.

The Rogues weren't established as a group until The Flash #155 - The Gauntlet Of Super-Villains! Before this issue the Rogues had each made several appearances individually but all of their plans had been thwarted by Barry Allen - The Flash. Sick and tired of being bested by the Scarlet Speedster they banded together to bring him down.

The Flash V1 | Issue 155 | Origins of the Rogues

It was within the shop of the Super-Villain Tailor, Gambi, that the Rogues banded together for the first time. This team up would eventually lead to a legacy group of costumed villains - always around to ruin the Flash's day.

Members (II)

The Rogues have gone through a variety of different line ups depending on the writer; however, there seems to be a core group of villains that make up the Rogues - these villains being Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Heatwave, Weather Wizard, and Trickster.

Within this respect thread I will be featuring more than just the core group - in fact I'll be featuring quite a large cast.

• Abra Kadabra
  • Captain Boomerang I // Digger Harkness
  • Captain Boomerang II // Owen Mercer
  • Captain Cold
  • Gorilla Grodd
  • Heatwave
  • Mirror Master I // Samuel Scudder
  • Mirror Master II // Evan McCullough
  • Pied Piper
  • Trickster I // James Jesse
  • Trickster II // Axel Walker
  • Weather Wizard

With the lineup introduced - let's dive in to the Respect.

Abra Kadabra

A magician / criminal from the 64th Century. Kadabra uses highly advanced technology to combat the Flash and please his "audience".

The Flash V1 | Issue 128 | Origins

Kadabra uses his hypnosis ray in order to get himself within the Travel Pod to travel back in time to the days of Barry Allen.

The Flash V1 | Issue 128 | Combats Barry Allen [ First Time ]

Barry Allen is within the Audience that Kadabra uses his hypnosis ray on in order to get them to clap. Barry was going to change into his Flash costume to combat Kadabra; however, the beam left him paralyzed and unable to change his costume.

The Flash V1 | Issue 128 | Combats Barry Allen [ Second Time ]

Once again Flash is thwarted by Kadabra's hypnosis ray. Kadabra forces Flash to clap for his performance and then to run in place while Kadabra makes his escape.

The Flash V1 | Issue 128 | Combats Barry Allen [ Third Time ]

Flash attacks Kadabra while he's on stage - Kadabra just points at Flash and uses his abilities to send Barry into space. Literally, he just shoots Barry into space like a rocket.

The Flash V1 | Issue 133 | Turns Flash into a Puppet

In a turn of events that led to [ in my opinion ] one of the most iconic Flash covers during the Silver Age, Kadabra turns Barry Allen into a puppet, making him helpless. This feat will be referenced again later during the Modern Age of comics.

The Flash V1 | Issue 149 | Combats Barry Allen

Kadabra uses a variety of tricks to combat Barry Allen - and he keeps Flash on the ropes for the majority of the fight. At the end; however, Barry is able to escape Kadabra's grasp & KO the villain. This is a common theme within the Silver Age stories as the villains hardly ever won in the end due to Barry pulling out some sort of plot device or ridiculous way to win.

The Flash V1 | Issue 163 | Body Swap

Abra Kadabra ended up escaping from Prison due to his ability to swap bodies with other people. It's assumed that he did this with some sort of future technology combined with his hypnosis ray.

The Flash V1 | Issue 170 | Combats Barry Allen + Doctor Fate

It appears as if Kadabra's technology is too great for Doctor Fate to combat as he mentions that he can't prevent Flash from spinning after Kadabra uses his magic/tech on him. Pretty solid feat considering how powerful classic Fate is considered to be.

The Flash V1 | Issue 182 | Mind Control

Kadabra uses a very powerful form of Mind Control to get the citizens of Central City to hold a parade in his honor, and even forces the Flash to do his bidding. He also displays a means of teleportation when escaping Flash when disguised as the Reporter.

The Flash V1 | Issue 182 | Combats Barry Allen

Kadabra fights against Barry Allen - however like all Silver Age stories it ends with him imprisoned again.

The Flash V1 | Issue 212 | Control Rods // Impales Barry Allen

Using futuristic technology that is similar to control rods used in atomic reactors - but far superior - Kadabra traps Flash by impaling him with these rods. Pretty brutal if you ask me, the image in the third panel makes Barry look like a chump!

The Flash V1 | Issue 247 | Combats Jay Garrick

Makes a fool out of Jay Garrick as the original Flash is completely helpless against the highly advanced and intelligent magician of the 64th Century!

The Flash V2 | Issue 23 | Combats Wally West + Chunk

This is mostly a fight against Chunk; however, it's important to note that Wally states that he's way out of his weight class when dealing with Kadabra. Granted this is near the start of Wally's run as Flash & he wasn't as experienced, but it's still quite the statement of Kadabra's abilities. The battle ends with the apparent death of Kadabra due to a vehicle explosion.

It should also be noted that Abra Kadabra was easily manipulating & toying with the Black Hole that was inside of Chunk, he was literally holding it within his hands.

The Flash V2 | Issue 67 | Kadabra Returns

The return of Abra Kadabra after his "death" in Issue 23. He get's pretty mad that someone's stolen his name.

The Flash V2 | Issue 67 | Combats Wally West

So it turns out that Kadabra actually did die and went to hell; however, Hell couldn't hold him and he somehow escaped. He's back with a vengeance and uses his abilities to combat Wally West & gives the hero a run for his money. Eventually some Time Cop from the 64th Century joins the fray as well - the battle "ends" when the three of them are teleported back to Kadabra's original time period - the 64th Century.

The Flash V2 | Issue 142 | Removes Linda Park From Time // Mindwipes DC Earth [ Part 1 ]

Wally and Linda are getting married - and Wally begins to recite his vows, and right as the two are about to finalize and complete their marriage - FAASH.

Wally doesn't know who Linda is, nor does his best friend. Linda has been forgotten by everyone.

The Flash V2 | Issue 152 | Removes Linda Park From Time // Mindwipes DC Earth [ Part 2 ]

Further explanation from Kadabra himself [ though he appears as a shadowed figure ] that Linda Park has been removed from all of time and reality.

The Flash V2 | Issue 155 | Removes Linda Park From Time // Mindwipes DC Earth [ Part 3 ]

Linda explains that Kadabra had removed her from all of time and reality - when she jumped in issue 152 she ended up in an alternate reality with Walter West.

The Flash V2 | Issue 156 | Combats Wally West

After Wally found Linda in the alternate universe with Walter West he is found and stopped by Abra Kadabra. Kadabra and Wally fight for quite a decent amount of time - showing off a good variety of Kadabra's tricks & abilities.

Wally explains that Kadabra erased the memories of Linda Park from the world as well - thus further reinforcing his mind wipe on the entirety of DC Earth.

The Flash V2 | Issue 157 | Removes Linda Park From Time // Mindwipes DC Earth [ Part 4 ]

Abra Kadabra explains to Replicant & Professor Zoom what he had done to Linda Park, though they don't actually believe him.

The Flash V2 | Issue 158 | Combats Wally West + Walter West

Kadabra goes against Wally & Walter West after undoing his spell that mindwiped DC earth.

Unfortunately for Kadabra his AOE attack is reflected & used against him thus making him forget who he is.

DC First | Flash + Superman | Breaks out of Iron Heights

After being held in Iron Heights with no recollection of who he is a trigger is set off reminding him that he is Abra Kadabra. Even though his equipment was taken from him he is able to use his abilities and easily breaks out of prison, putting on a show for the Top while killing several prison guards.

DC First | Flash + Superman | Combats Wally West + Jay Garrick + Superman [ First Time ]

After breaking out of Iron Heights Kadabra heads to Metropolis. There he combats two Flashes and Superman with his magical/technological abilities. He uses nanotechnology on Flash to limit his speed & has Superman and Jay chase after him. They end up in the 64th Century and Jay gets infected by touching Wally. Superman heals him; however, using his Heat Vision.

DC First | Flash + Superman | Combats Wally West + Jay Garrick + Superman [ Second Time ]

A throwback to V1 // Issue 133 of the Flash where Barry was turned into a puppet - Superman himself is turned into a puppet! Jay Garrick is also turned into a giant turtle before Wally uses the beams from the 4th Dimensional Chaos Sphere's against Kadabra - trapping him.

Captain Boomerang I // Digger Harkness

The original Captain Boomerang was a mascot for a toy company; however, he eventually turned to a life of crime and uses a series of Trick Boomerangs to commit his heists.

The Flash V1 | Issue 117 | Origins

Digger meeting with the Toy Company and becoming their mascot - Captain Boomerang. He then goes off to rob a jewelry store of some of their precious wares.

The Flash V1 | Issue 117 | Combats Barry Allen

Digger tags Flash with one of his Boomerang and KO-es his foe. He then attaches him to an incredibly large Boomerang and sends him into space; however, Flash escapes the trap and ends up putting Digger in jail.

The Flash V1 | Issue 124 | Temporal Boomerang

Evidence that this is from the Silver Age - Captain Boomerang creates a Boomerang that can transverse the barrier between space and time and the Boomerang travels into a strange Alien dimension.

How's that for some ingenuity, huh?

The Flash V1 | Issue 148 | Flying // Getaway Boomerang

After a heist goes wrong he uses a special Boomerang that carries him through the sky as a 'getaway boomerang'.

The Flash V1 | Issue 148 | Combats the Crooked Four

Starting off his attack with an aerial assault and then disarming four crooks of their weapons. The Crooked Four was a small group of crooks that had taken down the Flash and were about to kill him before Captain Boomerang came and interfered.

The Flash V1 | Issue 227 | Turns himself into a Human Boomerang

Probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen Captain Boomerang do - pulling a page out of Flash's handbook he defies the laws of physics and his body acts like a Human Boomerang and he KO-es the Flash.

The Flash V2 | Issue 179 | Tags Wally West

A Jokerized Digger Harkness manages to tag Wally West Flash after tossing a flurry of Boomerangs at him - take that Wally!

The Flash V3 | Issue 3 | Combats Cops & Escapes from Prison

After being brought back to life during the events of Blackest Night // Brightest Day - we see Digger being incarerated at Iron Heights. Digger soon begins fighting against the cops & learns that he has the ability to create and use strange energy Boomerangs that explode on contact. He uses these Boomerangs to escape Iron Heights without the help of the other Rogues.

The Flash V3 | Issue 7 | Origins & Prison Break

A retelling of his origin story with much more detail combined with Digger breaking into Iron Heights and freeing Professor Zoom.

Captain Boomerang II / Owen Mercer

The son of Digger Harkness and Meloni Thawne - Owen Mercer struggles with his identity and has been a member of several different teams such as the Rogues, Suicide Squad, and the Outsiders.

The Flash V2 | Issue 221 | Faster than Sound

During the Rogue War all of the Rogues had banded together into different groups // factions. Owen and Piper met up and Owen was able to tag Piper's flute before he had the chance to put Captain Cold's group under a hypnotic spell, stating that he's faster than sound.

The Outsiders V3 | Issues 35 + 36 | Combats Jay Garrick Clone

After a mysterious figure appears and begins destroying the members of the Outsiders in combat - Owen is able to tag him with several explosive Boomerangs thus enabling the team to recover and bring down their foe. It is then revealed that the figure is actually a clone of Jay Garrick in his younger years.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Captain Cold

The Leader of the Rogues and master of absolute zero. Captain Cold may seem like a traditional Blue Collar criminal but his technology puts him leagues above.

Flash V1 | Issue 114 | Origins

Leonard Snart creates a device out of a refrigeration unit that reaches temperatures of absolute zero and escapes prison. This is the stuff that Mister Freeze dreams of - and Captain Cold made it while in prison.

Flash V1 | Issue 114 | Absolute Zero Belt

An impressive display of Cold's Silver Age creations - his belt contains a device that emits an entire wave of Absolute Zero to freeze the city around him - when Flash tries to break through the ice it created he states it's as hard as diamond.

Flash V1 | Issue 114 | Cold Gun Mirages

Captain Cold used to be able to create mirages with his Cold Gun - similar to Silver Age Mirror Master's illusions. Here is the first time Cold used these mirages against Flash.

Flash V1 | Issue 129 | Cold Gun Mirages

Another example of Captain Cold's Cold Gun mirages. Here he makes a replica of Trickster [ James Jesse ] that fools Jay Garrick.

Flash V1 | Issue 140 | Engineering Skills

Captain Cold uses some spare parts from the refrigeration unit within the prison in order to make one of his Cold Gun devices.

Suck on that, Mister Freeze.

Flash V1 | Issue 150 | Frost Giant Creation

Captain Cold lures Barry Allen/Flash into a trap using one of his Cold Gun mirages - then he decides to make a Frost Giant with his weapon.

If only he could do this Post Crisis, right?

Flash V1 | Issue 193 | Frames Flash

This was honestly just too hilarious to add - somehow Captain Cold's gun causes Flash to fall apart into several pieces and Captain Cold decides to frame it all like a work of art.

The Silver Age was wacky.

Flash V2 | Issues 27 + 28 | Captain Cold & Golden Glider vs Wally West

Wally West had been changed after the explosion of a gene bomb and developed odd spines growing out of his body. Captain Cold and Golden Glider had become bounty hunters at this point in time and believed him to be the Porcupine Man - and went after the bounty set on him.

They were unsuccessful; however, there is a pretty cool display of Captain Cold's ability in combat & what his Cold Gun can do such as firing a barrage of ice cannonballs.

Flash V2 | Issues 164 + 165 | Captain Cold vs Cops // Cold Gun Explanation

Captain Cold rescues a powerless Wally West from prison - using his Cold Gun to easily shatter the bars that held him.

Cold then helps Wally escape from prison - combating a group of Cops and displaying his H2H abilities in the middle of it all. He then explains that his Cold Gun negates thermal motion & stops protons & electrons in their tracks.

His gun is NOT an ice ray or an ice gun - his technology is far past that of Mister Freeze's and he won't let you forget it.

Flash V2 | Issues 165 + 166 | Captain Cold vs Cops // Cold Field Explanation

Captain Cold once again uses his Cold Gun to help Wally West while they're trapped inside the Mirror World.

This time he uses his Cold Gun to project the infamous Cold Field that creates a field of absolute zero around Captain Cold. The Mirror World version of Barry Allen explains that it's a field of negative thermal energy that robs objects of their kinetic energy the moment they hit it, Cold then goes in to state that nothing short of a Flash has enough momentum to break through the field.

How do you think he always sees the Flash coming?

Flash V2 | Issue 182 | Captain Cold vs Chillblaine // Origins of Captain Cold

Captain Cold fights his way through the HQ of Jack Monteleone, who is a druglord in Keystone City known as the Candy Man. To do this he uses an impressive display of reflexes, accuracy, and interogation tactics - plus his Cold Field is pretty nifty too.

Eventually he makes it to Jack Monteleone himself and his bodyguard Chillblaine. Cold requests to fight Chillblaine due to the fact that Chillblaine had killed Golden Glider, his sister.

The fight begins and Cold proves why he is far superior - defeating Chillblaine and killing him after tossing him out the window and creating incredible sharp spikes of ice below him to "break" his fall.

There is also a bit of an origin story involved in this - so that's nice to read too.

The Flash V2 | Issue 185 | Captain Cold's Cold Field

No Caption Provided

Captain Cold uses his Cold Gun to create a Cold Field that protects him from the Thinker's wires thus preventing Thinker from taking control of him like he did to the residents of Keystone and Central City.

The Flash V2 | Issue 204 | Captain Cold vs Cops

Captain Cold finds Wally West encased in ice; however, it wasn't his doing. He goes to help West but is shot at by some Cops who believe that he was the one who attacked and froze Wally West.

Cold dodges all the bullets & creates a large wall of ice to prevent the Cops from getting him and allowing him to escape with Wally.

The Flash V2 | Issue 204 | Captain Cold vs Flash

Captain Cold talks with Wally West [ Wally had wished he wasn't the Flash anymore and didn't truly know the scope of his powers at this point ] and it eventually turns to a battle.

Wally thinks he has an edge on Cold but Cold escapes before Wally realizes.

The Flash V2 | Issue 206 | Captain Cold vs Mister Element

A criminologist known as Alexander Petrov had stolen the Mister Element outfit and equipment and had been using it to commit crimes - also attempting to "frame" Captain Cold as the culprit.

After Flash is frozen by Mister Element a new foe enters the arena - Captain Cold. Cold ends up impaling Petrov with a large ice spike created by his Cold Gun, then leaves the scene.

The Flash V2 | Issue 222 | Captain Cold vs The Top

During the Rogue War Captain Cold ends up fighting against the Top - using his Cold Gun he freezes his foe solid and then shatters him with a swift pistol whip.

Take that, Top!

Blackest Night: The Flash | Captain Cold's Cold Grenade

During Blackest Night the Rogues traveled to Iron Heights Prison to combat the Black Lantern versions of the Rogues.

In their escape Captain Cold used what he called a Cold Grenade to turn the entirety of Iron Heights into an iceberg.

Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge | Captain Cold's Cold Field

No Caption Provided

Captain Cold uses his Cold Field against someone who tried to take his name and create his own version of the Rogues.

Cold explains that the Cold Field is an invisible wall of absolute zero that freezes anything it touches solid. He uses it to slow down the Flash so he can see and combat him, and it's effects are even less pleasant on normal folk.

Gorilla Grodd

An ape with incredible intellect, brute strength, and a desire to conquer the world. Grodd is a menace to the entire DCU but shares a rivalry with the Scarlet Speedster.

The Flash V1 | Issue 115 | Mind Transfer

In an absurd sequence of Silver Age madness - Gorilla Grodd takes some special pill that releases his consciousness from his ape body and allows him to transfer it into the mind of a random living creature.

His consciousness ends up in the body of a normal human being thus allowing Grodd to have escaped him his imprisonment.

The Flash V1 | Issue 155 | Fat Ray

Grodd uses his superior intellect to design a weapon that makes Barry Allen incredibly fat and continue to gain weight.

The Flash V1 | Issue 127 | Transformation

In more Silver Age madness it turns out that Grodd's evolved mind ends up transforming his human body into an ape body, thus granting Grodd the form of a Gorilla once more.

The Flash V1 | Issue 127 | Admiration Radiation

Grodd ventures into his secret lab that is within Gorilla City and uses a special machine to give his body a certain Neo Magnetic Radiation that makes anyone and everyone around him admire him instantly!

The Flash V1 | Issue 127 | Electric Coat

Grodd then used that same radiation to give himself an "electrical coat" that prevented Flash from touching him with any physical harm.

The Flash V1 | Issue 209 | Gorilla Grodd vs Captain Boomerang & Trickster

This isn't really a fight - I just thought it was hilarious how Grodd bashes their heads together while uttering a witty remark.

The Flash V2 | Issue 45 | Gorilla Grodd vs Flash

Grodd uses his telepathic abilities and his high durability to defeat Wally West in a brief brawl.

The Flash V2 | Issue 46 | Mind Control

Grodd uses his mental powers on Vixen and makes her combat Wally West.

The Flash V2 | Issue 178 | Gorilla Grodd vs Wally West

Magenta [ a member of the "New Rogues" ] uses her power over metal to unlock Grodd's prison transport allowing him to unleash a reign of terror and destruction across the city.

We get a good display of Grodd's telepathic strength when he uses it to combat Wally West along with his brute physical strength.

The Flash V2 | Issues 192 + 193 | Gorilla Grodd vs Wally West

This time the battle takes place in Iron Heights Prison after Grodd breaks out with several other prisoners.

In this fight Grodd displays brute strength and incredible durability, fantastic offensive telepathy, and fights against Wally West and Fallout.

Grodd escapes, Hunter Zolomon's back is broken, and Wally is defeated.

The Flash V2 | Issues 210 + 211 | Gorilla Grodd vs Wally West & Nightwing

A battle begins in the Flash Museum after Grodd ambushes Wally West & Nightwing.

Grodd uses his telepathy & brute strength to gain an edge early in the fight - but then Wally punches him to Wyoming and knocks him out cold.

Still a cool fight, and Grodd showed some impressive durability after withstanding so many punches from Wally.

Heatwave

A pyromaniac with a desire for a world filled with fire; however, Captain Cold reigns Heatwave in and keeps his morals in check.

Heatwave uses a powerful Flamethrower that is capable of burning Flash through his frictionproof aura and can withstand incredible temperatures with his fireproof suit.

The Flash V1 | Issue 266 | Origins

Heatwave was bullied as a child and was locked in a walk in freezer during a school trip - this giving him a fear of the Cold.

Eventually he grew up, became a fire eater, and then decided to turn to a life of crime.

The Flash V1 | Issue 266 | Heatwave vs Flash

Heatwave combats Flash and melts his boots to the ground. Flash eventually KO-es himself and Heatwave escapes.

The Flash V2 | Issue 190 | Heatwave vs Thugs

Heatwave beats some nameless thugs & shows off the fire retardant that he keeps with him to put out his fires if they become too massive or out of control.

It should be noted that this is a reformed Heatwave.

The Flash V2 | Issue 218 | Origins // Murmur Battle

Another version of Heatwave's origin story - like the one done for Captain Cold he's also in the middle of a battle during the origin telling so I figured to include it all.

Here we see a reformed Heatwave [ working with James Jesse & the FBI ] tracking down and fighting against Murmur who is one of the "New" Rogues.

Eventually he has a run in with Captain Cold who tells him he doesn't want "his kind" in Keystone anymore. After a brief scuffle and explosion ends up causing enough of a distraction for Cold & Murmur to escape.

The Flash V2 | Issue 223 | Heatwave vs Tarpit

Heatwave was working with the reformed Rogues during the Rogue War; however, it turns out he wasn't TRULY reformed and was actually under mind control from the Top.

After Cold killed the Top we see Heatwave join the fray on a different side, assisting Cold against Heatwave and using his flamethrower to actually burn Tarpit, which is pretty impressive since Tarpit is just a consciousness stuck inside a hot tar pit.

He also goes to state that his flamethrower can burn through the frictionproof boots of the Flash, so it's pretty hot.

Mirror Master I // Samuel Scudder

Samuel Scudder was the first Mirror Master - he was one of the main Flash Rogues during the Silver Age up until his death during Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The Flash V1 | Issue 105 | Origins

A quick look at the origins of Mirror Master while he was robbing a bank - it turns out that after he was placed in prison he made mirrors with other inmates.

One day he messed up what chemicals we're supposed to be used & made a "broken" mirror that would actually end up being one of his trick mirrors, he used it to escape prison, made more mirror based gadgets, and became a costumed criminal.

The Flash V1 | Issue 105 | Mirror Illusions

Mirror Master used some tricky light based illusions to confuse Barry Allen during their first interaction, this includes making an incredibly large mosquito and a Minotaur to combat the fastest man alive.

The Flash V1 | Issue 109 | Shrink Ray

Mirror Master uses a shrink ray he designed to shrink the Flash.

The Flash V1 | Issue 119 | Mind Control

Through a series of Silver Age trickery Mirror Master was able to paralyze Flash and put him under his control. He made Flash steal some things for him before the control wore off and Flash took him to jail.

The Flash V1 | Issue 126 | Mirror World

Mirror Master accesses the Mirror World to escape prison - it was much different in the Silver Age and it turned out that he had accessed some world that was only inhabited by Amazons.

The Flash V1 | Issue 126 | Image Projector

Mirror Master used an image projector that he designed to project his image into Central City while he was inside the Mirror World.

It tricked Barry so it must've been a rather realistic illusion.

The Flash V1 | Issue 126 | Glass Transmutation

Scudder used his gun to transmute Flash into a very fragile Mirror Form, and decided to blow him apart with a bazooka to kill him; however, Flash had total molecular control and narrowly escaped death by changing his form.

The Flash V1 | Issue 136 | Mirror Guardians

Mirror Master uses his technology to create Mirror Guardians [ either an illusion or from the Mirror World ] that help him best the Flash.

The Flash V1 | Issue 146 | Steals Flash's Legs

In an odd turn of events Mirror Master somehow uses one of his gadgets to swap legs with the Flash, thus granting him the Flashes superior speed.

It's wild, it's wacky, it was the Silver Age.

The Flash V1 | Issue 161 | Mirror Master vs Flash

Mirror Master tricks Flash, then Flash Tricks Mirror Master, then they fight - then Mirror Master takes a fist to the jaw in traditional Silver Age comic ending fashion.

The Flash V1 | Issue 219 | Teleporter Units

It turns out that Mirror Master had built teleportation units into his shoes and uses them to escape prison.

Pretty solid engineering skills, to be honest.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

bump

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Mirror Master II // Evan McCullough

Evan McCullough was the second Mirror Master, given the equipment by the U.S. Government after the death of Samuel Scudder.

He is a much more ruthless version of the character, and resorts to killing rather quickly.

Flash V2 | Issue 104 | Traps Flash in the Mirror World

Mirror Master pulls Flash into the Mirror World & traps him there.

Flash V2 | Issue 105 | Mirror World

Mirror Master had pulled Wally West into the Mirror World and the two of them began to fight some odd creatures that resided there.

It also shows how Mirror Master see's all the different dimensions/portals to get to various locations whenever he enters the Mirror World.

Flash V2 | Issue 105 | Traps Impulse

An example of Mirror Master's ability to BFR his foes with ease - he switches places with Impulse due to the reflection in Impulse's goggles.

Wally & Impulse don't where the exit to the Mirror World is either - so they were trapped for a period of time until they located it.

Flash V2 | Issues 132 & 133 | Mirror Master vs Wally West

Mirror Master combats Wally West in quite a lovely battle - displaying a ton of his various and interesting abilities.

We see him create 1000's of clones within seconds just by pressing a button on his suit, sending Flash to the Mirror World and tricking him with various illusions, using his suit's ability to mind control and/or hypnotize people, using his trick mirrors to BFR his loot to the Mirror World, and creating a Mirror World version of Flash.

Kudos to you, Mirror Master.

Flash V2 | Issue 166 | Transmutation to Glass

Mirror Master uses his Mirror Gun to transmute a group of cops into glass - he also explains that he can use his Mirror Gun to turn someone inside out.

Flash V2 | Issues 166 + 167 | Mirror World Duplicates

Mirror Master's gun is set off by Plunder and it summons Mirror World duplicates of Captain Cold, Flash, and Mirror Master himself.

They combat and beat their duplicates - it should also be known that Flash was powerless at this point in time, so he didn't have Super Speed.

Flash V2 | Issue 167 | Group Teleportation

Mirror Master uses his equipment to get Captain Cold, Flash, and himself out of the Mirror World. The side effects for those who aren't used to such teleportation can be pretty brutal too.

Flash V2 | Issue 168 | Dimensional Transportation

Mirror Master uses his equipment to transport Captain Cold, Flash, and himself to the dimension known as Eastwind, which is a reality hovering on the opposite side of the "quantum coin" in Superspace.

Flash V2 | Issue 168 | Reaction Time

Mirror Master shows some impressive reaction time when he's able to use his Mirror Gun to teleport himself & Captain Cold out of the way of a charging, mind controlled Jay Garrick who had full intent to kill them.

Flash V2 | Issue 184 | Mirror World Trap

While working with the "New Rogues" Mirror Master was able to trap a solid majority of Keystone's population in the Mirror World

Cyborg is trapped in there too.

Flash V2 | Issue 185 | Hypnotism Trap

It was shown earlier that Mirror Master's costume allowed him to perform a certain degree of mind wiping/hypnotism, but this machine he calls the "Reflection" proves to be even better than that.

A giant field is created around Keystone that implants fake memories for anyone who enters the city - it also prevented anyone on the outside from entering and figuring out what was going on within the city.

Flash V2 | Issue 187 | Mirror World Duplicates

Mirror Master creates several Mirror World duplicates of the Flash; however, Flash destroys them using Trickster's bombs.

Flash V2 | Issue 212 | Origins // FBI Battle

So I don't know why the origins of the Rogues are always told in the middle of a battle, but here it is, Mirror Master's origins.

We also see him battling a handful of FBI members, transmuting some of them to glass, and BFR'ing some to the Mirror World. He then sends the BFR'd foes back to James Jesse who was the one who sent the FBI after him in the first place.

Flash V2 | Issue 220 | Reflection Kill

Mirror Master uses a shard of glass to slit a cop's throat while he was in the Mirror World - he actually does this to the cop's reflection and it harms the cop in the real world.

Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge | Blinding

Since the eye is a reflective surface Mirror Master creates some clones who then reside within his foe's eyes, thus blinding him.

He also has some clones fighting other "impostors" of the Rogues.

Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge | BFR Insta Kill

Mirror Master traps several of Trickster's goons in the Mirror World - he then hands the Mirror to Trickster and tells him that if he breaks the glass they'll die.

This also was the case when he had trapped Cyborg & the rest of Keystone City in the Mirror World during Issue 184 of the Flash.

Checkmate | Issue 7 | Mirror Master vs Tattooed Man

After his crew is betrayed by the Tattooed Man - Mirror Master uses his Mirror Gun to transmute him into glass.

Pied Piper

Pied Piper was once a member of the Rogues; however, he reformed and became a good friend of Wally West.

Piper uses his gadgets and weaponry to produce a variety of hypnotic and destructive effects.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

-- RESERVED POST --

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bump

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great job

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well made respect thread. Great job.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: So it's finally done huh?

Working on completeing the last couple of characters these next few days. Should be 100% finished by Saturday.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation said:

Working on completeing the last couple of characters these next few days. Should be 100% finished by Saturday.

Awwwhhhh yeah! Always wanted to see Heatwave stuff.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation said:

Awwwhhhh yeah! Always wanted to see Heatwave stuff.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Wait is this done or is there more? You reserved more spots.

Also, this is really well done.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait is this done or is there more? You reserved more spots.

Also, this is really well done.

It's currently unfished due to the fact that my computer had to get a Factory Reset and I lost all my scans - I'll be working on it during Columbus Day Weekend; however, because I've got a 4 day weekend.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By johnny_blaze

The Rogues are not meant to be underestimated.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash has it all to be the next breakout movie hit.

Visually stunning powers? Check

Great sources to make a great script? Check

Can transfer well to modern times? Check

Great villains? Check

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Thanks - it's still unfinished, but I lost all my scans. I'm gonna get em back sometime when school isn't so busy so I can finally finish this thing!

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By TheDandyMan
No Caption Provided

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers