This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think  Dwayne Johnson aka "The rock" would be perfect for the role of Black Adam if they ever did a Captain marvel movie.

As

#2 Posted by systech (6 posts) - - Show Bio

If he could act, it would be perfect.

#3 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Look: So-so.

Acting: No where near up to par.

No, he could not pull it off.
#4 Edited by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

He does have the look for it...but I dunno about his acting skill.

#5 Posted by Phanteros (48 posts) - - Show Bio

oh hell no!!

#6 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

he would  do the ppls eyebrow and his famous line "it doesn't matter!!!"

in a scene. i thought they stop the movie.

#7 Edited by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly. The look is definitely there, he can have a menacing physical presence, just as Black Adam does. Acting? Not so sure. He's gotten better since his movie debut, but his charisma alone would not carry the role. He needs to be menacing, merciless, ruthless in his act. However there are few actors with such physicality as him, so that could play in his favor.

#8 Posted by Fresh Prince (5233 posts) - - Show Bio
If he could act, yes
#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

lol found this on a certain site

its not real but it fits

#10 Posted by King Saturn (225647 posts) - - Show Bio
I think it could work actually...
#11 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, he's got the look down, he's got the right build for it, and I don't think it would be hard to act like Black Adam (just make sure that when you yell you YELL, and you always look mad, and presto....)

#13 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock is eye-candy, not to be taken seriously as an actor in any way whatsoever. 

#14 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

How much acting do you need to play BA? He's mean, a badass, emotionless outside of being angry or tearing people up, that's right up Sir Dwayne's ally!  It's not like he's gonna be in a three hour drama gunning for the acadamy awards with his rile, he'll be tearing it up with Cap for the better part of the pic, I think he'd be awsome
#15 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

How much acting do you need to play BA? He's mean, a badass, emotionless outside of being angry or tearing people up, that's right up Sir Dwayne's ally!  It's not like he's gonna be in a three hour drama gunning for the acadamy awards with his rile, he'll be tearing it up with Cap for the better part of the pic, I think he'd be awsome"
The Rock as the SAME EXACT tone of speech in everything that he does.  It would be The Rock in a costume, not Black Adam played by The Rock.
#16 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

How much acting do you need to play BA? He's mean, a badass, emotionless outside of being angry or tearing people up, that's right up Sir Dwayne's ally!  It's not like he's gonna be in a three hour drama gunning for the acadamy awards with his rile, he'll be tearing it up with Cap for the better part of the pic, I think he'd be awsome"
I agree.
#17 Edited by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

The Rock as the SAME EXACT tone of speech in everything that he does.  It would be The Rock in a costume, not Black Adam played by The Rock."

Again, he's playing BA, not doing a drama on a historical character for the critics,  I think he can handle playing him on the screen, and he's come along way since good ole Scorpion King :-)
#18 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"White Mage said:
"Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

The Rock as the SAME EXACT tone of speech in everything that he does.  It would be The Rock in a costume, not Black Adam played by The Rock."

Again, he's playing BA, I think he can handle playing him on the screen, and he's come along way since good ole Scorpion King :-)"
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to name. lol
#19 Posted by King Saturn (225647 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

Truth Be Told
#20 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"Push said:
"White Mage said:
"Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

Again, he's playing BA, I think he can handle playing him on the screen, and he's come along way since good ole Scorpion King :-)"
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to name. lol"

What exactly is it you want me to name?
#21 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"White Mage said:
"Push said:
"White Mage said:
"Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

What exactly is it you want me to name?"
The movies that show he has come a long way from Scorpion King. 
#22 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Scorpion King was fun.....it was dumb, but it was fun.

It was the new age Conan movie....it had some pretty good action scenes and was fairly impressive in the fact that it hardly used any SFX.

Uh, the only movie I can think of that had the Rock in it after that was Walking Tall.

#23 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio
Acheron said:
Uh, the only movie I can think of that had the Rock in it after that was Walking Tall."

OH HEAVENS!! 
#24 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"Acheron said:
Uh, the only movie I can think of that had the Rock in it after that was Walking Tall."

OH HEAVENS!! "
On the back of the case at Rogers (where I rented it) they said the movie was two hours long....WRONG!

It was barely an hour and a half. It ended, and I was like, "Wait, what? It's over?"
#25 Edited by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio
Push said:
"  "
Brandon Molale makes a better looking Captain marvel than the rock.
#26 Posted by King Saturn (225647 posts) - - Show Bio
I hope this Shazam Movie turns out to be Good...
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47630 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock = Black Adam

#28 Posted by King Saturn (225647 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Rock = Black Adam"
Truth Indeed
#29 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"Push said:
"White Mage said:
"Push said:
"White Mage said:
"Push said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"If he could act, yes"

What exactly is it you want me to name?"
The movies that show he has come a long way from Scorpion King. "

There is no specific movie that has propelled him, he's come along way as in he's made more movie's and getting better with his talent at being on the big screen, and I think he went against type and plaid a really funner and differenct character in Be Cool, irrespective of whether anyone liked the movie or not.