The Rise & Fall of the Roman Empire

Avatar image for deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee
deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Do 1 of ya'll think that they should Make Comic Books out of the Roman Empire? You Decide? 

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By brc2000

I don't think 300 was about the rise and fall of the Roman empire

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

no 300 was anchent Greece not Rome. check out this:

No Caption Provided
brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By brc2000

Looks promising. Haven't read any Lapham yet. Maybe now is the time to start.

The only other comic I can think of at the moment that features Romans prominently is Asterix.

Byzantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Byzantine

There are certainly moments in Roman History that would provide good material. How about:  
*The conspiracy of Julia the Elder against her father Augustus c. 2 BC. Resulting in the arrests of Julia herself and several of her lovers/fellow conspirators.  
*The Battle of the Teutoburg Forest (9 AD). Publius Quinctilius Varus leads legions XVII, XVIII and XIX right into a Germanic trap. Resulting in the death of Varus and most of his legionnaires at the hands of Arminius and his alliance of Germanic tribes. The Romans are forced to flee from Magna Germania, loosing a province for the first time. 
*The political conflict between Tiberius and Agrippina the Elder (19 to 29 AD). 
*The conspiracy of Lucius Aelius Sejanus, commander of the Praetorian Guard. He attempted to gain the throne for himself  and ended up executed(31 AD). 
*The violent assassination of Caligula, his wife Milonia Caesonia and their 2-year-old daughter Julia Drusilla in 41 AD. The parents were smashed to death, the girl had her head smashed against a wall. 
*The attempt of Valeria Messalina to depose her husband Claudius (48 AD) and her subsequent execution. 
*The assassination of Agrippina the Younger by orders of her own son Nero (59 AD). " Nero designed a ship that would open at the bottom while at sea.  Agrippina was put aboard and after the bottom of the ship opened up, she fell into the water.  Agrippina swam to shore so Nero sent an assassin to kill her.  Nero then claimed Agrippina plotted to kill him and committed suicide.Her reputed last words, uttered as the assassin was about to strike, were "Smite my womb", the implication here being she wished to be destroyed first in that part of her body that had given birth to so "abominable a son."  "  
*The deposition and assisted suicide of Nero himself (68 AD). 

These only being events from the first imperial dynasty of Rome. More than four centuries of conspiracies, political struggles and political battles followed.  

Are there any moments of the Roman Republic that you would like to see depicted? 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I think Caesar's "Commentaries on the Gallic War " would be an excellent comic. I think what would make it truly epic is its written by the man himself.