The right woman for Batman in the DCAU

• 97 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The right woman for Batman in the DCAU (82 votes)

Andrea Beaumont 7%
Selina Kye/Catwoman 22%
Zatanna 12%
Talia al Ghul 16%
Barbara Gordon 2%
Lois Lane 0%
Wonder Woman 38%
any other woman 2%

Which woman was perfect for Bats in the DCAU(not YJ, Teen Titans, The Batman, anything not in the 1992-2006 Bruce Timmverse)?

• 
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman all the way. In Pre-52, she showed how much she loved Bruce during the Blackest Night maybe even too much.

When she was being controlled by the Black Ring, she came close to kill Mera. Aphrodite then decided to send her elsewhere and cast illusions that would make her feel love again. Aphrodite used many illusions. The first one was Cassie which she killed. She then killed Donna Troy (she knew who she was killing since she was yelling). Then she hurt her mother pretty bad and just before she killed her, she got hit by a Batarang and then this happened :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And then she gets accepted in the Star Sapphire corps.

So it means that her love for Cassie, Donna and her mother wasn't enough to make her be a Star Sapphire but her love for Bruce Wayne was. And Batman admitted he loved he. He just doesn't want to hurt her because of what he does and what he represents.

He said the same thing to Zee when she told him she would like to start a relationship.

Except we're asking about the DCAU, not the comics.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: Ohhh. My bad... I thought it was about the comics.

Wonder Woman still gets it for many obvious reasons like the tons of moments they had together, even to the point where they make out.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ganon15

So I'm the only one here who despised the WonderxBats pairing? got it

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO the right woman for Barman from the above list are in this order :

1. Zatanna.
  2. Talia.
  3. Wonder Woman.
  4. Andrea.
  5. Lois.
  6. Barbara.
  7. Selina.
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After having just watch "The Savage Time" right now, I think Steve Trevor is the better match for Wonder Woman.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By darkman61288

@ganon15: In just the DCAU or in general.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ganon15
Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

What about Vicki Vale ?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's either Selena or WW for me.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUUUUMMMMPPPP

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

WW and Bats makes completely no sense, I blame the cartoon.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ganon15
RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RetconCrisis

I liked Wonder Woman as his mate. It was a powerless Batman with an ultimately super-powerful Diana. Sorta different from what we normally get. Zatanna would be good too, but I kinda think she's just a bit too young for Bruce. (Call me out on that? Sure.)

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Zatanna got my vote.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SilverPool

Selina or Wonder Woman

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By modernww2fare

I liked Wonder Woman as his mate. It was a powerless Batman with an ultimately super-powerful Diana. Sorta different from what we normally get. Zatanna would be good too, but I kinda think she's just a bit too young for Bruce. (Call me out on that? Sure.)

Yeah I'll call you out on that. In the animated series they were at a similar age, plus they're practically like Clark and Lana. WW being with Bats just doesn't sit right with me as Ganon15 said. How do they shag anyway? Batman would probably kill himself doing it with her.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By _Atomikill_

I LOL'd at Lois Lane.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

Yeah I'll call you out on that. In the animated series they were at a similar age, plus they're practically like Clark and Lana. WW being with Bats just doesn't sit right with me as Ganon15 said. How do they shag anyway? Batman would probably kill himself doing it with her.

Wonder Woman does have a weakness, and it's a weakness to piercing weapons, like spears, bullets, and...

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: loking back i just relized how stupid i sound...sorry

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By bob808

Wonder Woman

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By modernww2fare

@retconcrisis said:

@modernww2fare said:

@retconcrisis said:

Wonder Woman does have a weakness, and it's a weakness to piercing weapons, like spears, bullets, and...

I see what you did there LOL

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

@modernww2fare said:

@retconcrisis said:

I see what you did there LOL

I would put up a page of them two going at it, but rule34 isn't allowed here lol

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

Not really, if Lois Lane can survive doing it with Superman I don't see why Batman couldn't do it with Wonder Woman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Cliana 4 life.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

I'll go with Babs lol. It was wonderfully creepy and really shitty of him to steal his partners girl. Straight up OG Batman

What does OG mean?

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By PapiNacho

Wonder Woman, she's the only one who could actually help him heal and the only one which wouldn't be sucked into his destiny.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman, she's the only one who could actually help him heal and the only one which wouldn't be sucked into his destiny.

I thought that was Andrea.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

@retconcrisis said:

Not really, if Lois Lane can survive doing it with Superman I don't see why Batman couldn't do it with Wonder Woman.

I still don't get how that works lol. If Batman himself once said about Superman, "this is someone who can have a building fall on him and not feel it", how would a human survive lovemaking with a Kryptonian or a magically powered Amazon?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

For the DCAU, probably Catwoman. Maybe if the WW/BM romance was actually developed I would vote for it.....but it wasn't.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PapiNacho

@modernww2fare: Didn't she become a killer. Also, Greek God's and Goddesess much more powerful than Diana have a long history of sleeping with mortal's buddy. Don't start believing all that power levels crap it's a clear lie.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Don't forget - that's how Bruce Wayne is going to look in forty or fifty years.

No Caption Provided

If Bruce ends up with a mortal heroine, they can grow old together. If Bruce ends up with the immortal Amazon, he is going to feel like a burden, feel that Diana stays with him out of obligation, not because she still loves him. This isn't going to end well, for both of them.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: Didn't she become a killer. Also, Greek God's and Goddesess much more powerful than Diana have a long history of sleeping with mortal's buddy. Don't start believing all that power levels crap it's a clear lie.

They were both happy until her father got offed and then she became a killer. Also, Greek God's and Goddesess much more powerful than Diana have a long history of sleeping with mortal's buddy- True.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about someone from Batman's own background? I mean why did Lois even have a connection to him? That makes her look like such a slut. I'm not a fan of him and Barbara, cause it's kinda creepy.

But I'm all for him and Talia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Why Barbara?

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catwoman. There is nobody else that so perfectly matches Bruce as Selina. Even as an old man, Bruce still thought about her, as shown in Batman Beyond.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

Catwoman. There is nobody else that so perfectly matches Bruce as Selina. Even as an old man, Bruce still thought about her, as shown in Batman Beyond.

Well put, well put.

@vitalius said:

Why Barbara?

Because they had a relationship together.

Don't forget - that's how Bruce Wayne is going to look in forty or fifty years.

No Caption Provided

If Bruce ends up with a mortal heroine, they can grow old together. If Bruce ends up with the immortal Amazon, he is going to feel like a burden, feel that Diana stays with him out of obligation, not because she still loves him. This isn't going to end well, for both of them.

Another reason I don't like the 2 together.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PapiNacho

@modernww2fare: Well there you go, out of all the woman here WW is the only one who wouldn't change by being with him and the only one who could actually change him.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@modernww2fare: Well there you go, out of all the woman here WW is the only one who wouldn't change by being with him and the only one who could actually change him.

I understand that being with Wonder Woman is good for Batman (as it would for pretty much any male), but my question is, how is a relationship between her and Batman good for her?

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PapiNacho

@youknowwhattodo: That is exactly my point out of all the woman listed, here she is the only one who wouldn't have to give up anything, so while it is good for Batman it is also better for her than it would be for Catwoman. Having said I think there where enough examples in the DCAU that showed her finding him charming. That is to say, if she made him happier, wouldn't he then in turn make her happier?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: That is exactly my point out of all the woman listed, here she is the only one who wouldn't have to give up anything, so while it is good for Batman it is also better for her than it would be for Catwoman. Having said I think there where enough examples in the DCAU that showed her finding him charming. That is to say, if she made him happier, wouldn't he then in turn make her happier?

Oh I know, the DCAU was very clear in showing that Wonder Woman wanted Batman (they never explained why or what about him drives her crazy), it was basically fanservice. The thing is though, all of what you said can be applied to any relationship Wonder Woman would have, it would not benefit her character in the slightest to be in a long-term relationship with Batman because he has nothing to offer her.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: Well aside from the obvious fact that the OP is about the DCAU, you can say that about any relationship. Nobody really anything to give anyone other than enjoying spending time together or sex. Wonder Woman has as much potential to enjoy spending time with Batman as she does with anyone, and if she needs to have a connection to humanity why not the best of us.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@papinacho said:

I understand that being with Wonder Woman is good for Batman (as it would for pretty much any male), but my question is, how is a relationship between her and Batman good for her?

I'm not going to defend this pairing, be to be fair that's the case with almost every pairing. How, is relationship with ____and___ is going to be good for her? I mean, even in this list of all these people for the poll, you could ask that question.

As for the poll. In all honesty, out everyone on the poll. Barbara,Diana and Zatana are the only ones that won't make me roll my eyes. I really dislike the Catwoman, and Talia relationship. It's by far the most pointless relationship in comics. It lasts about one run, until they inevitably break up. Neither of them are going to change, and Batman can't be with women that are criminals. I really don't want Bruce with someone, unless that someone is not broken.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo said:

@papinacho said:

I'm not going to defend this pairing, be to be fair that's the case with almost every pairing. How, is relationship with ____and___ is going to be good for her? I mean, even in this list of all these people for the poll, you could ask that question.

As for the poll. In all honesty, out everyone on the poll. Barbara,Diana and Zatana are the only ones that won't make me roll my eyes. I really dislike the Catwoman, and Talia relationship. It's by far the most pointless relationship in comics. It lasts about one run, until they inevitably break up. Neither of them are going to change, and Batman can't be with women that are criminals. I really don't want Bruce with someone, unless that someone is not broken.

Agree completely

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@johnni_kun:

That's not true, when you look at the relationship between Batman and Catwoman for example, that relationship turned her from one of the members of Batman's rogues gallery to an anti-hero. It would be very plausible for her to make the complete transition to hero, if their relationship was taken to the next level, but the writers don't want to have Batman in a long-term relationship (understandable). Catwoman makes Batman a better character because her personality helps Bruce loosen up and not take everything seriously, humanizes him to an extent. Long story short, their relationship makes BOTH characters more interesting. WW/BM doesn't make both characters more interesting.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@youknowwhattodo said:

@johnni_kun:

That's not true, when you look at the relationship between Batman and Catwoman for example, that relationship turned her from one of the members of Batman's rogues gallery to an anti-hero. It would be very plausible for her to make the complete transition to hero, if their relationship was taken to the next level, but the writers don't want to have Batman in a long-term relationship (understandable). Catwoman makes Batman a better character because her personality helps Bruce loosen up and not take everything seriously, humanizes him to an extent. Long story short, their relationship makes BOTH characters more interesting. WW/BM doesn't make both characters more interesting.

I didn't say that all relationship are questionable on the beneficial nature of each characters. Just most.

Well, Bruce could benefit from the realationship, definitely. But, Wonder Woman not so much. So, I agree. However, a BM/WW is far more beneficial to each other than the SM/WW one that she currently has.(But, that not what this is about....) The Batman relationship is not great, however it's far from being one of the worst.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP