• 52 results
#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey what's up all comic reviewers, jus wanted to make a thread for us to post up any reviews wishing to receive some attention and recommendations. Since the launch of it's new site, Comic Vine's homepage has been lacking the "User Review" tab which was shown to be very helpful and effective for us to gain some recognition on a particular review(s). However, the site does somewhat give us some sense of regard in a way that users could acknowledge other reviews through the wiki pages of a specific issue(s). Although we all love reading what the respected comic wizards have to say, we also want to know who else out there are reading the same comic and what their opinions are on that issue. So here's a thread for everyone to share their reviews and talk amongst each other about certain issues, events and characters.

The links could be any review from any age of comics. It's all yours to post up. Just remember to put the comic title, issue number and link to the review in the comment box and you're good to go!

#2 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by BumpyBoo (9377 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a lovely idea :)

#4 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

This is a lovely idea :)

Ya it is. I'm just wondering why no one has thought of this before, lol :P

#5 Posted by krspaceT (1485 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not having any trouble finding or writing reviews, at least with new ones. Maybe old ones are still a problem, but at the moment the ease of finding what has updated in your favorite forums is my main dislike of the new interface

#6 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic idea and a brilliant way to highlight some of the Vine's many talented writers!

#8 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Maybe you (or I) should make a Video Game Reviewers thread, and @k4tzm4n could make a Movie Reviewers thread.

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Well you do review movies a lot, so I could see you as the head of that type of thread. DM and I review video games more, so it would fit us more.

#11 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: A reviews a review bro. It could be from the comics, movies, video games, whatever that's is of your preference and that is relevant to this thread. This is for you to post any reviews you wish to throw up.

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: Ooooh okay. I thought this was exclusive to comic book issue reviews only.

#13 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by RazzaTazz (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice idea, I might even start reviewing again.

#15 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: There's nothing stopping you in doing so! I don't see the reason not to. I mean if you actually liked the issue, may as well review it and get a better understanding the the specific title/issue, probably even helping a few others out in the long run..

#16 Edited by RazzaTazz (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: Well there actually is something stopping me, and that is time constraints.

#17 Posted by Renchamp (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz said:

@reefermadness: Well there actually is something stopping me, and that is time constraints.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What, you got a life or something?

#18 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: Yea I feel ya, I also have time limitations and only have time to do probably an average of 3-5 reviews a week, if I actually have the urge too as I usually have friends coming in and out. But nowadays I jus review the issues that seem to be more 4-5 star criteria and the ones I feel that I need to like the Aquaman issues.

#19 Posted by RazzaTazz (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: I try to write twenty thousand words of fiction per week, and that takes precedence. Sometimes I get so far behind though as to not know where to start.

@renchamp: It is a kind of life I suppose

#20 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp said:

@razzatazz said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What, you got a life or something?

ROFL

^__^

#21 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9071 posts) - - Show Bio

This a great idea. I was actually worried with the new format that no one would be able to find my reviews.

#22 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

This a great idea. I was actually worried with the new format that no one would be able to find my reviews.

Same here. When the new site launched I was thinking about how this was gonna work out too. I was also having thoughts of just roaming around the forums and not pay attention to reviews anymore. However, even though I never tried it yet, I wish to stick with what I'm comfortable with and keep writing them. I'm only getting a limited amount of recommendations off the new site compared to what I was receiving from the old one and figured out the reason why; the new format has no functions, nor tabs leading to any acknowledgement on user reviews and lacks the necessities for Comic Vine reviewers. Thus having me to finally make a thread for this concern. I was thinking about creating one of these threads on the first week using CV's new site, but kept on getting clustered and distracted with other things.

#24 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea!! I thought the new format would make it difficult for people to get their reviewers recognized!

#25 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (9071 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are my video reviews for the week:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/haydenclaireheroes/blog/video-reviews-for-the-third-week-of-april-2013/91009/

#27 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91:

Nice review on Justice League 19

Been really, really sick and finally is somewhat better. But anyway, check out my reviews below before this week's and next week's to get caught up with stuff from these issues!

Indestructible Hulk #6 - http://www.comicvine.com/indestructible-hulk-6-gods-and-monster/4000-395702/user-reviews/2200-36278

Aquaman #18 review - http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman-18-death-of-a-king-chapter-one/4000-395272/user-reviews/2200-35992

Here's a review from the time Hulk took on Maestro in Future Imperfect (one of my favorite story arcs): http://www.comicvine.com/hulk-future-imperfect-2-future-imperfect-part-2-of/4000-94709/user-reviews/2200-35950

Thanks again

#30 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

Great idea! Now I don't have to PM a load of people about it :D

I know right?! :P

#32 Edited by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

Great idea! Now I don't have to PM a load of people about it :D

I know right?! :P

:D

#33 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio

I do more reviews for video games and movies, but I could be convinced to start doing some comic reviews.

Moderator Online
#39 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22322 posts) - - Show Bio

I've already announced in my other account I would be doing a Assassin's Creed retrospective, reviewing all four games up to III. But so many things having been conspiring against me, I was unable to post them earlier.

#40 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91:

Nice review on Justice League 19

Been really, really sick and finally is somewhat better. But anyway, check out my reviews below before this week's and next week's to get caught up with stuff from these issues!

Indestructible Hulk #6 - http://www.comicvine.com/indestructible-hulk-6-gods-and-monster/4000-395702/user-reviews/2200-36278

Aquaman #18 review - http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman-18-death-of-a-king-chapter-one/4000-395272/user-reviews/2200-35992

Here's a review from the time Hulk took on Maestro in Future Imperfect (one of my favorite story arcs): http://www.comicvine.com/hulk-future-imperfect-2-future-imperfect-part-2-of/4000-94709/user-reviews/2200-35950

Thanks again

Already seen them reviews, they were great as usual.

#41 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

post the reviews that you've written from this week's releases here for everyone to read and recommend!

...Or any review that you want up on this thread for that matter.