The real reason why Marvel is rebooting...

• 78 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Marvel will reboot their Universe with Secret Wars so they can reshape it into a replica of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

It's what you'd call, ''cashing in''....

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope that isn't the case.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frozen  Moderator

@_slim_ said:

We must look at the evidence:

1. Secret Wars is most likely a reboot
  2. Various aspects of Marvel are already slowly turning into the MCU/based on the MCU
  3. Marvel have sold away fans for more $. Case in point: female Thor

@frozen: I don't mind it.

Um....why not?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel reaction for the nerd rage!!!
Marvel reaction for the nerd rage!!!

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Really i lost myself in the comic a few months ago.A reboot would be a good oportunity to come back

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By MatthewParker

@frozen said:

@_slim_ said:

2. Various aspects of Marvel are already slowly turning into the MCU/based on the MCU
@marvete_e_dcnauta said:

@frozen: I don't mind it.

Um....why not?

Female Thor doesn't mirror the MCU, i think Marvel's priority is making money, not making the universes the same. Otherwise we wouldn't have Sam Wilson as Cap, or Female Thor, etc.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Hahahahaha

No.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frozen said:

@_slim_ said:

Literally this.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised... Marvel are turning the characters into the faces of the actors who play them if they are in a movie or TV show...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

People have been speculating this for a while. I swear I heard the same thing from around the time age of ultron was being written. I'll believe it when it happens or is it at least confirmed to be happening in an official source.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

People have been speculating this for a while. I swear I heard the same thing from around the time age of ultron was being written. I'll believe it when it happens or is it at least confirmed to be happening in an official source.

We don't need ''official'' sources when Marvel have been slowly turning itself into the MCU, they're preparing readers for the full-blown change. They've basically already told us.

@marvete_e_dcnauta said:

@frozen: Really i lost myself in the comic a few months ago.A reboot would be a good oportunity to come back

Reboots make things worse, when it comes to comics that it is.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Then i want it for the lulz

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Turning themselves into the MCU is one thing. I wont deny marvel has done that. That doesn't mean they are rebooting.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Transformers1024

Well DC drove me away with their reboot and Marvel is doing the same right now.

"Hello Image, My name is Transformers1024 and I'm going to give you all my money now, okay? Okay!"

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator
Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@frozen said:

@_slim_ said:

I can see your first two points, but how does the new Thor mirror the cinematic universe? The only similarity is Thor being unworthy, but it's nothing that hasn't happened before with Beta Ray Bill.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't think marvel will reboot in secret wars because they haven't said they would.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@frozen said:

Marvel will reboot their Universe with Secret Wars so they can reshape it into a replica of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

It's what you'd call, ''cashing in''....

You're probably right. And they will be making their characters look like the actors they casted...

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: DC's New52 is cool. I like it. Why are so many people complaining about it?!

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man It's really about to suck being a Fantastic Four fan.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Sovereign91001

@jashro44 said:

Pretty much this, I remember hearing it as far back as AvX and the Phoenix was going to usher in a reboot or something to that effect. Not that Marvel hasn't been doing their share of retcons and adjustments but at this point its just scuttlebutt.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frozen  Moderator

You can rejoice with the movie reboot featuring Dr. Doom as an angry ''blogger''.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I'm not gonna believe it's a reboot until I have substantiated proof.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

You can rejoice with the movie reboot featuring Dr. Doom as an angry ''blogger''.

Oh yeah. That's going to be so amazing. I'm being saying it for years. "Y'know what I want out of a live action Dr Doom, I want to hashtagivst 99%ter". Great. BRAVO FOX.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Oh yeah. That's going to be so amazing. I'm being saying it for years. "Y'know what I want out of a live action Dr Doom, I want to hashtagivst 99%ter". Great. BRAVO FOX.

When i heard about Doom being an angry blogger, i started beating my bed with a baseball bat and screaming : NOOOO

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scans or it never happened

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@drfate said:

@transformers1024: DC's New52 is cool. I like it. Why are so many people complaining about it?!

It meant that a lot of things people loved about Pre-52 comics would no longer be published. It really alienated long-time readers. A few characters where written by people that didn't show the proper respect for said characters, etc. In a lot of ways it pushed aside loyal fans in order to attract new readers.

I like the New 52 myself - it was the reason I got into DC comics, but I can see where he's coming from.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Marvel, no matter what happens, please leave Hank Pym alone. He can't take much more abuse from you.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@drfate: because the obviously dislike it or something about it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Maybe if we're lucky, he's a Tumblr blogger?

Rock on FOX!

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@frozen said:

@_slim_ said:

I can see your first two points, but how does the new Thor mirror the cinematic universe? The only similarity is Thor being unworthy, but it's nothing that hasn't happened before with Beta Ray Bill.

Except Beta Ray Bill was never portrayed or supposed to be a replacement of Thor; Walt Simonson just wanted a character to add onto the Thor family, not to replace him. He has confirmed this many times. Hell, Bill only carried Mjolnir for like half an issue before giving it back to Thor, and getting Stormbreaker. He's drastically different than Thor, and was meant to be his own character; he has never leeched off Thor's title and wasn't supposed to be Thor's replacement. The new Thor just leeches off the actual Thor and shock value; she's being treated as a permanent replacement.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

So stupid.

Thank GOD that DC doesn't let their movies influence their comics 99% of the time.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ima bookmark this thread to bump if Secret Wars doesn't turn out to be a reboot (: :3 :P >:D

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see that happening.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

That's Marvels Problem :p. They already let what there movies are doing effect there Shows and Made that Horrible Avengers Cartoon.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney owns Marvel. Disney represents one of six multi-media companies in an oligarchy. Disney wants money....Voila.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@frozen: That **** crossed my mind. It would be a huge cash grab for the next 10 to 20 years. They could get millions of new fans. But, I hope it's not true.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Has marvel even officially said they are rebooting their universe? Given the way Axel Alonso answer last time the reboot question was asked I don’t think they are going to reboot their universe at all.

I actually like female Thor, so i think i should just stay away from that part >.>

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't be that surprising. I think he could be from Spider-Man and the X-Men having really messy histories.

Is it actually confirmed that they're rebooting yet?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hello Image, My name is Transformers1024 and I'm going to give you all my money now, okay? Okay!"

LITERALLY THIS. <3

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#43 god_spawn  Moderator

Has marvel even officially said they are rebooting their universe? Given the way Axel Alonso answer last time the reboot question was asked I don’t think they are going to reboot their universe at all.

I actually like female Thor, so i think i should just stay away from that part >.>

Nope, it isn't official. A lot of the higher ups at Marvel have also expressed their dislike of company wide reboots. But they sure do love their sliding time scale and retcons.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@god_spawn:

That's precisely what I thought. Changing bits and pieces of a character's history I can understand but Marvel just outright seem to dislike the idea of reboot and has actually vilified DC for doing so. Coming out of nowhere and going on with a company-wide reboot would just seem like a giant double standard.

I don't think that's happening at all.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@transformers1024 said:

LITERALLY THIS. <3

Come over to Image. It's really nice, warm, and friendly over here...... No fill in artist, events, characters dying just to bring them back, reboots, or retcons over here..... Have you seen our writers?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wardemon32

Just when I really start reading more Marvel comics this happens? I swear if they really reboot over some damn movies. Now I hope DC demolishes them in the movie area and people start buying more comics from Dc simply because they make better movies. That's how it works.

Edit: Well I was just scrolling through comixology and I saw a category for "Marvel New Movie Tie-Ins" so yeah. You may be right.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@arturocalakayvee said:

@transformers1024 said:

LITERALLY THIS. <3

Come over to Image. It's really nice, warm, and friendly over here...... No fill in artist, events, characters dying just to bring them back, reboots, or retcons over here..... Have you seen our writers?

I've actually been reading Image for about a year or so now and have loved it. I kept Marvel and DC on my pull list and their books just aren't on the level of quality that Image is on. I used to have about 10 Marvel titles on my monthly pull list and 10 DC -- nowadays I have 2 Marvel and 1 DC. So I think that's saying something.

So far I'm completely caught up on Saga (<3), The Walking Dead, Chew, The Wicked + Divine, Deadly Class, Outcast and Wytches. I know there's other titles I'm reading just can't remember them at the moment.

I would choose literally any of those titles over what the big two have to offer.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@jashro44 said:

@frozen: Turning themselves into the MCU is one thing. I wont deny marvel has done that. That doesn't mean they are rebooting.

I'm on the boat with Jash on this one. While I think the comics are moving to closer resembling the films I don't see them rebooting, at least not in full, because Marvel always talks about their long history and continuity. And honestly, it's comics. You don't need a reboot to reflect the MCU. For example, Indestructible Hulk bringing Banner in with SHIELD similar to how he was with Avengers. Not to mention changes with the origins of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch happening before AoU ever comes out, and the fact Marvel has shown time and again they'd rather retcon something and keep a history in tact than re-write the continuity.

Plus we haven't had enough Agent Venom. If they retcon we'd have to go back to Eddie Brock...and I don't need that again.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll call it a re-boot when they actually re-boot.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@frozen said:

@jashro44 said:

We don't need ''official'' sources when Marvel have been slowly turning itself into the MCU, they're preparing readers for the full-blown change. They've basically already told us.

@marvete_e_dcnauta said:

Reboots make things worse, when it comes to comics that it is.

Yea, cause we all know how COIE ruined DC except for Bryne era Superman, Turning Batman back into the Dark Knight after decades of goofy stories, Wally West stepping up as Flash, etc, etc. My point is reboots aren't always bad, so maybe wait till its had a chance to piss you off before getting mad.