MEMO FROM THE BOSS:
I decided to stop designing covers on the original Pulp Fiction Game thread at 5,000 posts because any focus that the contest had in the past was pretty much dashed towards the end.
So instead of just having ONE rule, to wit: "You guys get to think up the names of the pulps and the names of the stories in them...but they must have modern themes," I've decided to institute and whole mess of them.
1. Every competition MUST have a topic.
2. The topic is to be determined by the current Cover of the Week winner. It will be a Round Robin similar to the contests in the Artists' Show-Off forum.
3. ANYBODY can be a talent scout and surf the Internet to acquire covers, but if a cover cannot in any way be construed to reflect the topic of the week, it will be immediately eliminated.
4. Only 5-8 covers will be chosen by ME to be entered into the week's contest. I am the publisher here, so whatever I say...GOES!
5. Submissions will be accepted only AFTER I decide which covers to use.
If someone has already claimed a cover, but you think of another good story that can appear in the same pulp (before I finish designing it), submit that story title and I'll try to get your story in there as well.
You can write for as many pulps as you want, but if someone call dibs on any given cover, you can no longer claim it...but you can add to it.
The Poet is our current Cover of the Week winner...
...so he got to pick our new topic which is...
These are the covers up for grabs: