Honestly by now we all know that the greatest problem with the new Nova is that he's not Richard Rider. That being said I just wish that Marvel would do something about the complete continuity nightmare that this new Nova is. There are at least five things Marvel has overlooked in letting this character come into the 616 universe (and I'm pretty sure I'm being generous).
- When Rich died at the end of Thanos Imperative he had almost all the Nova force again, so there's no way Sam Alexander could ever have become Nova.
- The Worldmind shut down and did not reboot, so again how can he ever have become a Nova.
- No one has mentioned Rich since Thanos Imperative and Secret Avengers #4 which honestly bugs me since he was becoming a major hero at this point.
- Everyone treats Alexander like he's the same old Nova that's been around for years, he's not and someone needs to recognize this already.
- If Starlord and Thanos survived Rich certainly should have survived too. I mean he's not as strong (by far) as Thanos but he's much more powerful than Starlord and he somehow survived.
Well I should probably cut this rant short, but anyways what does everyone else think, if there's something I missed that you also don't like about the new Nova please add it. If you like the new Nova, sorry, but there are massive continuity issues with him on the level of it shouldn't even be possible for him to exist. Besides he's simply not as good as Rich. Oh and in case you couldn't figure it out I won't be be picking up Nova #1 sometime in 2013, and no one else should either. Send Marvel a message that new Nova sucks and we want Rich back!