The Pow List 4/3/2013

RedX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RedX9

Its been a while since I've done an entry for my blog, but I figured I would do this every week to keep up with books I planned on getting each week. Also I'll be doing vlogs on a youtube channel I plan to set up beginning each week where I rank my top 5 picks from said week.

Here is my first installment of the Pow List for 4/3/13

Action Comics #19

No Caption Provided

The new beginning that we've all been waiting for...and it ends with this issue...Andy Diggle was to begin his run here, but it turns out he left the project a few weeks ago with only completing this single issue. However, from the previews we've gotten, it does seem to be something that's worth diving into. Also, the artwork is great coming from Tony S. Danial who's one of my favorite artists currently in DC. Even though Diggle is off the book, it doesn't mean we can't enjoy this book and wonder what could have been.

All New X-men # 10

No Caption Provided

I was never a big X-men fan, but when Marvel now relaunched their line-up and they gave a context of what the story for All-New would be like, I was reluctant but willing to give it a try. Man, am I glad I have. This is one of the biggest surprises coming out a Marvel now, and with Cyclopes and his team crossing over to pull students from Wolverine's school, you have to believe sparks will fly.

Green Arrow #19

No Caption Provided

Jeff Lemire has been firing on all cylinders since he came on board of this title and I am proud to say I love that I gave it a try. Ollie is on the run while also seeking out answers from crimes he didn't commit. While there's not a lot known about what will happen next in this issue, you'd be foolish for not getting on board now.

Thanos rising #1

No Caption Provided

Given that he is set to be in the next Avengers movie, its not surprising that we would see Marvel want to do a comic committed to telling us who Thanos is seeing as most people who don't read comics knows of him. This story is poised to tell us his origin and why he is considered the 'Mad Titan.' This is one to watch seeing as Marvel is saying this will set the stage for an upcoming event.

Swamp Thing #19

No Caption Provided

I was kind of sad when Snyder's run on Swamp Thing came to an end, so I feel as though I am going into this new run by newcomer by Charles Soule with a little bit of trepidation. However, its not enough to scare me away from what sounds like a great story set up from a rising writer who intends to try and create a story simple enough that its set to be more like a television show. With great art to back it up by Kano who has an impressive background to back it up, I have a feeling I can rest easy and see that this title maybe in safe hands.

Considerations:

Superior Spider-man # 7

Detective Comics #19 (issue number 900 to be technical)

Age Of Ultron #4

Indestructible Hulk #6

Animal Man #19